AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-29, 09:30   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 795 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Alright, back on schedule! Credit goes to Aohige, Sandman, and various other folks as AP for the info:

-Chapter title is "Suicide". Splash page features Nami.

-Fujitora makes a bet with VA Maynard via dice roll. If it lands on a "one", the Straw-Hats win, otherwise he'll go arrest them. As it turns out, a one is exactly what the die landed on! Maynard objects to Fujitora's decision to leave the pirates alone since the marines even pinpointed where they're hiding, but Fuji basically calls him a sore loser for complaining, lol. At the palace, Rebecca searches for "Lucy" and her father, but Riku tells her she'll meet them tomorrow, and that she'll be officially acknowledged as a princess if he returns to the throne.

-Meanwhile, we finally get an update on Sanji's group! As it turns out, they managed to escape from Big Mom's forces, but they're not quite out of the woods, yet. They're at a new island (seems it's unclear whether or not it's Zou), and Nami, Momo, and Brooke got separated from the other half of the group when they came across a strange-looking girl, but ended up getting chased by a new enemy, a horned man. He demands they tell him how they got on that island, and where they're hiding "that girl" (probably the one Nami's group saw).

-During the chase, it suddenly rains, and both Brooke and Momo, both being fruit users, get swept away from the flood. Nami rescues them, but now they're open to an attack from the horned man! It turns out he's a sheep-type Zoan and gets ready to assault them, but he gets stopped by Brooke. Sanji then arrives to finish the sheep-man off. After the fight, a warrior woman arrives and tells her master, the sheep man (who's named Sheeps Head) to retreat. Soon, Sanji's group are reunited, but they're being watched by a girl who looks like a dog. We also get a glimpse of the jolly roger Sheeps Head wears on his belt, which is horned....

-Meanwhile, at Kid's hideout, an explosion rocks the island. When the alliance check the source of the impact, they see a huge man-shaped hole, and Hawkins guessed the person fell down from a sky island. We then get a brief flashback of Urouge's scene from a couple chapters back, where he sees a man getting ready to commit suicide. He complains of the difficulties he's faced in his life, getting defeated by pirates, marines and even tangling with emperors. He then takes the plunge, preparing himself for death, and lands on Kid's island hideout.

-In his life, this man was sentenced to death 40 times, but all attempts to kill him failed. He's not even able to kill himself. Suicide attempts are his hobby. This man is none other than the Yonkou Kaidou of 100 Beasts!!! As he lifts himself up from the ground, he says he's jealous of Whitebeard, who was granted the gift of death. Now, I think I'll let Aohige's words wrap this up:

Quote:
Kaidou... anyone you ask will tell you, if you limit to one on one, this man is the strongest creature in the world.

Kaidou is sick and tired of this boring world.
He says it's come to this... damn it. Prepare the final battle for "Joker".
I don't care if this boring world is destroyed in the process.. let the world see its final war!!

End

Whoa, Kaidou is freaking HARD. CORE. Hard to think of anyone more dangerous than a dude who has pretty much nothing to live for. Really have to wonder how Luffy's alliance will be able to topple this guy.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-07-29 at 23:17.
Old 2015-07-29, 22:42   Link #2
marvelB

Well, Aohige didn't finish his summary yet, but in the meantime..... how's about another sneak preview?

Spoiler for 795:
Old 2015-07-29, 23:07   Link #3
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten

So excited for the chapter now. This might be a special one.
Old 2015-07-29, 23:11   Link #4
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
I'll say.
Spoilers
Spoiler for raw pic contents
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-07-29, 23:12   Link #5
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

are Kidd alliance negotiating with Kaido about fighting Shanks?

and he is really scary

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2015-07-29, 23:15   Link #6
marvelB

Okay, full summary is up! The long-awaited return of Sanji's group, an enemy who may be a potential Smile user, and the official introduction of Hanma Yuujirou The World's Strongest Creature! An epic chapter even spoiler form, indeed!
Old 2015-07-29, 23:17   Link #7
Wandering Soul

Im definitely hyped for this chapter.
Spoiler for raw picture:
Old 2015-07-29, 23:23   Link #8
tsunade666

eh... 100 beast only? not 666 beast? I thought it would be cool that way though a certain vampire already had that but got killed by MEDP.
Old 2015-07-29, 23:33   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
eh... 100 beast only? not 666 beast?

I think "100 beasts" is a title that compares him to a lion. If memory serves me right, lions are even known as the "king of 100 beasts" in Japanese. Now if Aohige or anyone else more knowledgeable on Japanese culture can help me here....

Also, I think I sort of have an idea as to how Luffy can beat Kaidou: If this guy has such little regard for his own well-being, then Luffy just has to somehow make him value his life instead.
Old 2015-07-29, 23:35   Link #10
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

a person who want to die will continue to charge forward even if he's badly injured (remember Whitebeard on marineford)

and I guess one of the major character will die when fight Kaido

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2015-07-30, 00:00   Link #11
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So is the crew going to be separated for a while now? It will be really weird if so. Team Luffy will need a ride, likely Bart's help to get back to the rest of the crew. They'll need to some how contact them, not to mention Luffy's team needs to get off that Island fast as they are about to get attacked, so.

I guess Kid is trying to make a deal of some sort?

Sounds intresting. Dang Kaidou, freakin big.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-07-30, 00:00   Link #12
Daft

So, does this confirm that Kaidou doesn't have a devil fruit? If he did he could always kill himself by drowning or any of the times he got caught and was tortured if they put sea stone on him. Also, it would explain how he has been defeated before but cannot be killed. You need to outsmart him with one of those hax status effect fruits while he's fighting strong people to capture him. He then just breaks out of jail whenever he wants, .
Old 2015-07-30, 00:12   Link #13
ayanami0000
Banned

yea. team is separated for now until luffy arrive at the next island destination i guess.
Old 2015-07-30, 00:41   Link #14
00 raizer

the kaidou's horn somehow look same like oars which it suggesting that kaidou is the same species as oars...
Old 2015-07-30, 01:00   Link #15
marvelB

Just checked out the Chinese scans. Huh, I kinda liked the design of that sheep dude.... too bad he turned out to be fodder, though. BTW, I forgot to mention it in the summary, the guys Sanji's group fought are practically guaranteed to be from Kaidou's crew. The jolly roger on sheep dude's belt sort of gives that much away. Oh, and did I also not mention that Sanji tries to flirt with the enemy warrior chick during one panel?

Also, for all those saying that Kid's proposing an alliance with Kaidou..... if you read the summary, you'd know that the emperor landed on Kid's island completely by chance (looks like the sky island he and Urouge were on was coincidentally floating right above Kid's base). Also, Kid gets pissed at him because the impact from the suicide attempt tipped his ship over. It's not like the idea of talking business is out of the question, but Kid's group is clearly as shocked as us readers that Kaidou suddenly dropped by his base, lol.
Old 2015-07-30, 02:04   Link #16
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I guess Sanji's group just fought off Kaido's men... it seems the gap between the captain and his men is large...
Old 2015-07-30, 02:56   Link #17
itachi-san314

Holy crap! Great chapter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I think I sort of have an idea as to how Luffy can beat Kaidou: If this guy has such little regard for his own well-being, then Luffy just has to somehow make him value his life instead.
Kaidou for Nakama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
So, does this confirm that Kaidou doesn't have a devil fruit? If he did he could always kill himself by drowning
every time he is about to drown the water miraculously parts like for Moses.
Old 2015-07-30, 03:29   Link #18
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
So, does this confirm that Kaidou doesn't have a devil fruit? If he did he could always kill himself by drowning or any of the times he got caught and was tortured if they put sea stone on him. Also, it would explain how he has been defeated before but cannot be killed. You need to outsmart him with one of those hax status effect fruits while he's fighting strong people to capture him. He then just breaks out of jail whenever he wants, .
Actually it sounds more like the opposite to me. While I can't explain why exactly he could not be killed with water/sea stone, I don't think would be as much of a problem as it used to be at this point of the story.

We already have several *special* variations/level-ups for devil fruits, such as the whole awakened thing or Blackbeard being able to use more than 1 DF. At least the latter one completely broke with something we all thought would be an iron clad rule. It might still be, and BB might just be the one exception, but something similar could be true for Kaidou (be it a property of himself or of his DF) . We are at the very top of the food chain with Kaidou, if some broken-ish, unknown property is introduced this is definitely the place for it to happen, just as it did with Blackbeard.

It just sounds strange to me, that even with that ridiculously strong body of his, he would not be able to succeed at least once in his suicide-hobby.
Old 2015-07-30, 03:43   Link #19
tsunade666

The translations are out but to me, Kaidou sounds like an extremely lucky guy. Rope, snaps when his been hung, spear breaks and even guillotine blades just suddenly breaks.

He might be strong but his also extremely lucky. The luck favors him to survive that his suicide hobby sounds funny.
Old 2015-07-30, 03:54   Link #20
Viole1369

The looks of Kid Alliance was priceless when Kaido Appeared before them tbh.

Also the Sanji and co part was quite a mess. SO they are running from Kaido Men after staying on Big Mom ship from what ceaser dialogue made it to be.

Still Kaido Feats are something, He might be from Oars Tribe which could say his insane Physical strength after all he did survive around 10k meter fall without any major injuries.

On another note heres a coloring!
Spoiler for Coloring!:
Closed Thread