Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2005-01-04, 13:16   Link #21
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
My thinking was that Akatsuki didn't just want Kyuubi anymore, but they wanted Naruto as well. Maybe to make him a member of their little group. /shrugs
Makes sense with the comment and actions Orochimaru took when he tried to kill Naruto after seeing Naruto do the rasengan.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 13:19   Link #22
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
My thinking was that Akatsuki didn't just want Kyuubi anymore, but they wanted Naruto as well. Maybe to make him a member of their little group. /shrugs
I think they want Kyuubi, not Naruto: in fact Kisame was ready to chop some Naruto's limbs... what's useful about a ninja if he can't even walk?
In this screenshot Itachi says:
Spoiler:

So we can assume that Akatsuki is interested in Naruto more and more as he gain strength, so there are some possibilities:
a) the members of Akatsuki are all idiots who think to be undefeatable.
b) they want Naruto to join Akatsuki.
c) they want Naruto to use more of Kyuubi's power to weaken the seal in order to make easier to extract Kyuubi's soul from Naruto.

Of the 3 possibilities the most believable is the c) in my opinion.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 13:43   Link #23
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
I think they want Kyuubi, not Naruto: in fact Kisame was ready to chop some Naruto's limbs... what's useful about a ninja if he can't even walk?
But that was before the Sasuke fight. After that fight they seemed to change their plans. Maybe they realized the trouble it may cause to simply release Kyuubi and attempt to reseal, rather than control it's current prison (or get the prison to work with/for them).

Plus, they have a spot open in their ranks.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 15:21   Link #24
sa-kid

maybe saving nine-tails for the last ? is there any other beast the Akatsuki want other then kyubi ? maybe they can't get what they want form kyubi but from naruto .. as in want naruto to merge with kyubi ...
sa-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 15:54   Link #25
Midnyt
Endorsed by Nodoka!~

Send a message via MSN to Midnyt
I think it has something to do with Itachi wanting Sasuke to obtain Mangekyo Sharingan, since Sasuke never finished Naruto off, he never obtained the Mangekyo. Venus-flytrap-head was watching the fight and I will assume had also been sent to observe Orochimaru, thus he will know that Orochimaru was forced to transfer his soul into a new body before Sasuke got to him.
This gives Akatsuki 3 years of leeway until Orochi transfers into Sasuke. They should be able to figure out from this that Sasuke will not be targeting Naruto for some time while he is being trained by Orochimaru, therefore he will not have any opertunities to gain the Mangekyo.
Though Itachi is supposedly stronger than Orochimaru, I doubt that he is willing to attempt an attack on Orochi, considering the high number of strong capable ninja that Orochi has undoubtedly gathered(I mean, the sound 5 cant be his ONLY strong subordinates) in the sound village.

Last edited by Midnyt; 2005-01-04 at 15:56. Reason: Edited to make it easier to read
Midnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 16:23   Link #26
Colordevil

My theory is that the Akatsuki wants Sasuke to be stronger, so he can join with them.
Why?
Because Naruto always treat Sasuke as a rival, so in order to get kyuubi, they need to get Naruto. And in order to get Naruto, they have to get Sasuke first.
And all those go back to my theory of the story at the thread"My predictions for Naruto" thread.
Colordevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 17:47   Link #27
Nubixkube

I personally think that if they wait 3 years, it isn't because they're waiting for something to happen with the Kyuubi but more along the lines of waiting to see how Naruto developes. I think Akatsuki originally thought Naruto was just a drop out with no ninja talents, but more recently they've seen he is developing rapidly and may be more useful to them with the Kyuubi still inside of him. I mean, we don't really know what they want to do with the Kyuubi anyways, they just may release it and reseal it in a infant from some genius bloodline and have to wait 17 years before they can use it for its true purpose. Cause I'm pretty sure if the Kyuubi isn't sealed inside something, it'll just go crazy and destroy everything in its path.

I personally think they'll offer Naruto a position in their ranks in 3 years, by trying to lure him in through Akatsuki's connections with Itachi, and because of Itachi Naruto may view it as a chance to get closer to Sasuke some how. More than likely Naruto would turn it down, but maybe Jiraiya will force him to join in order to determine Akatsuki's true purpose.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 20:14   Link #28
lufia

nice theory ^^
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 20:33   Link #29
qball8001

Send a message via AIM to qball8001 Send a message via Yahoo to qball8001
Hmm, have Naruto be a spy. I only see that ending with a 1 on 9 fight. And Jyria dying to save Naruto once again.
qball8001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 01:16   Link #30
sharingan yuusaku
Yuusaku of the Sharingan!

3 years is plenty of time for Naruto to become stronger, strong enough to join Akasuki? Mabe.
(or)
Have you noticed that it takes Orochimaru 3 years to be able to use his take-over-your-body-and-soul jutsu, and in three years he plans to take over Sasuke? Mabe they have something to do with that?
(or)
They are waiting for Orochimaru to go attack Konoha again and use that as a diversion....

I am soooooooo lost right now
sharingan yuusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 01:31   Link #31
aznpunk97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubixkube
I personally think that if they wait 3 years, it isn't because they're waiting for something to happen with the Kyuubi but more along the lines of waiting to see how Naruto developes. I think Akatsuki originally thought Naruto was just a drop out with no ninja talents, but more recently they've seen he is developing rapidly and may be more useful to them with the Kyuubi still inside of him. I mean, we don't really know what they want to do with the Kyuubi anyways, they just may release it and reseal it in a infant from some genius bloodline and have to wait 17 years before they can use it for its true purpose. Cause I'm pretty sure if the Kyuubi isn't sealed inside something, it'll just go crazy and destroy everything in its path.

I personally think they'll offer Naruto a position in their ranks in 3 years, by trying to lure him in through Akatsuki's connections with Itachi, and because of Itachi Naruto may view it as a chance to get closer to Sasuke some how. More than likely Naruto would turn it down, but maybe Jiraiya will force him to join in order to determine Akatsuki's true purpose.
Who's gonna do the sealing? I thought only the 4th and 3rd hokage new how to do the death god technique?
aznpunk97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 06:49   Link #32
Midnyt
Endorsed by Nodoka!~

Send a message via MSN to Midnyt
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpunk97
Who's gonna do the sealing? I thought only the 4th and 3rd hokage new how to do the death god technique?
If i remember, WAY back in episode one they said that the scroll Naruto stole was the instrument of his sealing, this leads me to believe that that scroll contains the information on the death god jutsu
Midnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 09:51   Link #33
lufia

this is starting to make some sense. akatsuki probaly dont no how to properly unseal the kyubi yet because if they do, the kyubi will be very troublesome to fight even with all the 8 members of akatuski. =) oh yeahhh i think we have solved the mystery. woot
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 10:08   Link #34
Tenma

Right now I just had a crazy thought. Despite Akatsuki's evil alignment, what if they are in fact doing something at this moment for a positive reason? You don't have to fall under the 'I'm a good guy and its reflected by my actions' to actually be one. The reason I am thinking this is because I realized I've looked at them from only one perspective. They were introduced as a dangerous element and of course, you automatically think that means they are up to no good no matter what. Maybe Itachi's reasoning for having Sasuke live and develop his sharingan further is for Akatsuki's or Itachi's personal gain? Maybe Akatsuki knows something the rest don't, maybe there is a higher evil. Cuz nothing is more deceiving than misrepresentation, or stereotypes. Maybe im looking too deep into all this, but it is always helpful to think outside the box.
Tenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 10:12   Link #35
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenma
Right now I just had a crazy thought. Despite Akatsuki's evil alignment, what if they are in fact doing something at this moment for a positive reason? You don't have to fall under the 'I'm a good guy and its reflected by my actions' to actually be one. The reason I am thinking this is because I realized I've looked at them from only one perspective. They were introduced as a dangerous element and of course, you automatically think that means they are up to no good no matter what. Maybe Itachi's reasoning for having Sasuke live and develop his sharingan further is for Akatsuki's or Itachi's personal gain? Maybe Akatsuki knows something the rest don't, maybe there is a higher evil. Cuz nothing is more deceiving than misrepresentation, or stereotypes. Maybe im looking too deep into all this, but it is always helpful to think outside the box.
The most evil leaders usually truly believe they are doing what is best for everyone. That's why they are so committed.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote