AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-30, 12:50   Link #2301
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
You must have a really good laptop to run all those programs at once.
I really like that wallpaper. Would you mind posting the original image?
lol. I'm running a crappy 3.06Ghz Sony Vaio K27 with 512 ram and integrated (blast it!) 64Meg Radeon. As for the source, absolutely. I think it's a fantastic image.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
Why are there so many mac wannabes using win xp? -_-
Ubb, I was only joking by using the mac layout, though NoSannin has a point. Mac does have better designing. As a homage to my beloved XP system, though, I've switched to yet another desktop
Spoiler for XP!!:
It's from the XP-tan site, though I had to do a little image cleanup that was neglected...

Last edited by Ambience Blue; 2004-09-30 at 13:14. Reason: image issuez
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 12:59   Link #2302
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

What I always say about mine is ... if WinXP had it's own sleek YZdock I'd be using that . Mac = style.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 16:21   Link #2303
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
lol. I'm running a crappy 3.06Ghz Sony Vaio K27 with 512 ram and integrated (blast it!) 64Meg Radeon.
CRAPPY????? What are you talking about??? Lol, my laptop (about 6 months old) only has a 2.4 GHZ processor, with 512 ram and an ATI AGP card. And it's not even sony... (vaio's are sexy) it's not crappy at all!! I'll take it if you don't want it.
Quote:
Spoiler for XP!!:
It's from the XP-tan site, though I had to do a little image cleanup that was neglected...
Rep++ for the XP-tan wallpaper ^_^ My favourite of the os-tan girls!!! wooo... so kawaii ^_^ Nice cleanup job btw!
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 19:13   Link #2304
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
lol. I'm running a crappy 3.06Ghz Sony Vaio K27 with 512 ram and integrated (blast it!) 64Meg Radeon.
Dude. I'll have your computer then. You want mine?

733MHz Pentium 3
256MB PC133 RAM
40GB EIDE hard drive, 2MB buffer..
7GB EIDE hard drive, 2MB buffer..

The video card is probably the only mediocre thing I have. PCI GeForce4 MX440, 64MB DDR.... The original video card is an integrated (yes, blast it, I hear you here, however) i810 class graphics controller.. :P

My other computer...
166MHz Pentium MMX
49MB PC133 RAM
10GB EIDE hard drive (that has a pin smashed in.. my bad )

I'm not even going to bother about that video card...

So.. yo, send me a PM and we can work out a trade... lol, joking. But really. To me, your computer looks amazing. At least, it does to me.

So, cheer up a bit. Compared to some people, you got a great computer.
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 00:59   Link #2305
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxAsh
Dude. I'll have your computer then. You want mine?

733MHz Pentium 3
256MB PC133 RAM
40GB EIDE hard drive, 2MB buffer..
7GB EIDE hard drive, 2MB buffer..

The video card is probably the only mediocre thing I have. PCI GeForce4 MX440, 64MB DDR.... The original video card is an integrated (yes, blast it, I hear you here, however) i810 class graphics controller.. :P

My other computer...
166MHz Pentium MMX
49MB PC133 RAM
10GB EIDE hard drive (that has a pin smashed in.. my bad )

I'm not even going to bother about that video card...

So.. yo, send me a PM and we can work out a trade... lol, joking. But really. To me, your computer looks amazing. At least, it does to me.

So, cheer up a bit. Compared to some people, you got a great computer.
Lol. I guess I never meant it in that aspect. The stats look great on paper, but actual intensive performance. I'm running a 15.4" widescreen which complicates everything from backgrounds to any type of gaming. The notebook overheats like a mother, and average battery life is little over an hour (I'm even afraid to take the thing into my dorm's common room since there are no free power outlets there). It performs quite nicely when photoshopping, browsing, word processing, etc., but anything requiring graphics acceleration instantly spells death. Running a game inside Steam or WC3 results in foggy graphics, slowdown, and wierd black spaces on the sides. Switching windows from within the program means a 5 minute wait. My old desktop at 1.0Ghz performed much better in that aspect. I'm not necessarily just bitching about it though. I just wish I'd bought a desktop with comprable stats, since I never move the laptop. All the same, I love the way it looks, and I spend waaay too much time fiddling around with it, despite my complaining Oh. And the widescreen mode is godlike in watching widescreen movies (and anime!) XD . It's really a fun little thing.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:55   Link #2306
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Lol. I guess I never meant it in that aspect. The stats look great on paper, but actual intensive performance. I'm running a 15.4" widescreen which complicates everything from backgrounds to any type of gaming. The notebook overheats like a mother, and average battery life is little over an hour (I'm even afraid to take the thing into my dorm's common room since there are no free power outlets there). It performs quite nicely when photoshopping, browsing, word processing, etc., but anything requiring graphics acceleration instantly spells death. Running a game inside Steam or WC3 results in foggy graphics, slowdown, and wierd black spaces on the sides. Switching windows from within the program means a 5 minute wait. My old desktop at 1.0Ghz performed much better in that aspect. I'm not necessarily just bitching about it though. I just wish I'd bought a desktop with comprable stats, since I never move the laptop. All the same, I love the way it looks, and I spend waaay too much time fiddling around with it, despite my complaining Oh. And the widescreen mode is godlike in watching widescreen movies (and anime!) XD . It's really a fun little thing.
Hehe, I've never had any experience with widescreen, so I'll take your word for it. Some of the performance that you're getting sounds kind of strange though. I'd think that you'd get somewhat good performance. Well, at least you get to watch your anime widescreen! That must be so nice.

Anyways... I think that I personally b*tch too much about my computer anyways.. so I probably shouldn't be one to say anything hahaa
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 16:50   Link #2307
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I'm curious how you made that. ^^;

Mind sharing the secrets behind it?
Whoops, I should have seen this earlier... now I can't remember how I made it.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 17:56   Link #2308
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
That wallpaper looked gorgeous...I was curious how you made it, too. >_<
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 17:56   Link #2309
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
lol. I'm running a crappy 3.06Ghz Sony Vaio K27 with 512 ram and integrated (blast it!) 64Meg Radeon. As for the source, absolutely. I think it's a fantastic image.
Spoiler:

Ubb, I was only joking by using the mac layout, though NoSannin has a point. Mac does have better designing. As a homage to my beloved XP system, though, I've switched to yet another desktop
Spoiler for XP!!:
Ambience, How did you make your Taskbar transparent? Did you use a ATi built in program to do that?

I also have an ATi, but all i can do is make my menus and anything i drag transparent using Hydravision.

To bad theres no good way to cool your laptop. That is a major factor in why your computer runs slow. It has to much power for its own good. In my case with the computer I built, after about 5 mins of doing anything remotely demanding the my cpu temp would be in the 130's-140's. That made it run like Shit and endangerd my processor -_-. Now with my kick ass heat sink it runs a mere 110 with Doom 3 and idles at 75 !
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 06:37   Link #2310
Aru
dead

This is what my friend said about it.

Quote:
You realize they're like 10, right?

My Desktop

Yes, it's plain. I don't like docking apps, icons, widgets, etc. Also, my wallpaper randomly changes from a list of about 200 everytime I boot into X.

Last edited by Aru; 2004-10-02 at 06:48.
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 06:42   Link #2311
odin

Spoiler:
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 07:09   Link #2312
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aru
This is what my friend said about it.

My Desktop

Yes, it's plain. I don't like docking apps, icons, widgets, etc. Also, my wallpaper randomly changes from a list of about 200 everytime I boot into X.
Aru, Source please. Thanks.

my desk:

Spoiler:
krel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 07:41   Link #2313
Pyro
無謀な火

Send a message via ICQ to Pyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by krel
Aru, Source please. Thanks.

my desk:

Spoiler:
WOW!! that's hot!!
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 12:19   Link #2314
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
To bad theres no good way to cool your laptop. That is a major factor in why your computer runs slow. It has to much power for its own good.
Well, you could downclock your processor I think (I know someone who does that), but I'm not sure I would call that a *good* method.

I've changed my desktop since my last post. The new one's gorgeous, even though I'm not a really big Gundam Seed fan.

You'll also notice that I've changed my icons. I removed the Internet Explorer icon, which I never use anymore, in favor of Firefox.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 16:54   Link #2315
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
NO~! >.<;

My current wallpaper...
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 17:24   Link #2316
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Mine's starting to fill up with rubbish again...

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 18:01   Link #2317
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
Mine's starting to fill up with rubbish again...

SCC
I never have to worry about that. ^^;

I run windows without any desktop icons or task bar only a direct link to the task manager on the desktop.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 18:32   Link #2318
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I run windows without any desktop icons or task bar only a direct link to the task manager on the desktop.
What? No, I didn't mean the icons, it's all these girls who keep crawling onto my desktop... grrrr.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 20:05   Link #2319
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
My uhhh.... well i cant reall call it a desk...... Lol...
Spoiler:
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 20:46   Link #2320
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
My uhhh.... well i cant reall call it a desk...... Lol...
Spoiler:
NICE! Cool rig you got there. Neon lights? To me it looks more like a home media center than a computer desktop heh heh .

I've already posted my real life desktop awhile ago in this thread. My computer is also self built, an amalgamation of various computer parts. It's not really built with style in mind, so it isn't as cool as SiL's . My desktop remains more or less the same now than before. But I do have a change of wallpaper on my window's desktop.

Spoiler for My window's desktop:

Windows 2000-tan > other OS-tans . Can anyone translate the Japanese in my wallpaper? And come on folks, I want to see more of your real life desktops than just wallpapers.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customize, desktop, rainmeter, wallpaper