AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 20:47   Link #381
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, who threw a bucket of tar on Tsubasa?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 21:00   Link #382
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
So many QUALITY man... I wonder where the funding went.
More than funding,I think it's a question of time

I'll just translate what Thomas Romain of satelight said on the catsuka forum back on december 30th

Quote:
Now you need to know that Symphogear was developed in quite a short time.Only 9 months between the first pre production designs and the airing.The lack of time shows.The first episode was completed 30 minutes before the premiere.Meanwhile Aquarion has been in developement for 2 years.
And I'll add that according to another post all the episodes of Moretsu Pirates were almost done before airing started.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:10   Link #383
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
So many QUALITY man... I wonder where the funding went.

Spoiler for Eps 3:

On the other hand, that "I'm the bone of my sword" line... I think I've heard that before.
Unlimited sword works?(In bold)
Never underestimate the power of the King of Hearts.(In underline, if you know what i mean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
More than funding,I think it's a question of time

I'll just translate what Thomas Romain of satelight said on the catsuka forum back on december 30th

And I'll add that according to another post all the episodes of Moretsu Pirates were almost done before airing started.
Well, I agree with you though, 9 months is quite short for a series to be done. Who can complete a series in just 9 months?(Ok, i think i am going abit off for this)
Anyway, hope this series will not get SHAFT-ed....>_< (Though not done by SHAFT)
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 21:31   Link #384
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ SHAFTed shows (Tsukuyomi, ef, Bakemonogatari) actually end up being creative and original, because of the scheduling constraints awaken the staff's creativity... on the other hand, I have not witness another studio to follow this trend... except of course from SHAFT

Concerning Symphogear, yes, the animation at times was atrocious, but the content was rather interesting, might turn out more than just trolling other extremely popular shows' parody

The content obviously has potential to end up either way, which I at least would equally enjoy
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 23:04   Link #385
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

you know i might be watching this show sseriously if ep1 didnt start with the MC death, everytime i see her i know shes gonna die, its like reading the last page of a book first, its just ruins the whole thing.
Old 2012-01-20, 23:12   Link #386
Midonin
Last Engage

It's a valid literary technique, and puts the focus on the series of events leading up to the ending instead of the ending itself - as it should be. That's where the meat of any story is.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 00:20   Link #387
Elestia

That scene with Tsubasa and her manager was just terrible. We had some brief berserking scenes, but it was a shame it didn't last too long. Other than that the episode progressed decently story wise, though less grim and dramatic as the first episode.
Old 2012-01-21, 02:19   Link #388
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

...so let me get this straight...

Spoiler for Trololol:

Other than that, the episode was amazing xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 02:35   Link #389
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Silver-haired girl's symphogear looks retarded. Also T_T @ Tsubasa's emo Kanade memories.
Old 2012-01-21, 02:40   Link #390
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
...so let me get this straight...

Spoiler for Trololol:

Other than that, the episode was amazing xD!
Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2012-01-21, 02:46   Link #391
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Spoiler for yeah well...:

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 02:54   Link #392
xizro345
King's Justice

Considering how the animation quality swings in this episode, it's pretty clear there are scheduling and production issues, more than funding. But I think the overall result is decent.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 02:56   Link #393
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

Actually that scene was one of those where I had to laugh. It just seemed so random and improbable. And not only because he stopped that BFS with his bare fist alone, but also because he was there so fast (okay, it was probably just that screen duration and plot duration did not match, but still). What did he do? Kung Fu Teleportation?
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 03:26   Link #394
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Considering how the animation quality swings in this episode, it's pretty clear there are scheduling and production issues, more than funding. But I think the overall result is decent.
Bakemonogatari had problems on Episode 9-10. This is just episode 3. I wonder how Mr. Romain is keeping up with scheduling challenges.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 03:45   Link #395
xizro345
King's Justice

SHAFT is a separate case regarding these issues. You can't really compare the two.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 04:44   Link #396
sirn
田舎者言うな

It's worth noting the studio producing episode 3 is Studio Pastoral (Negima Movie, etc.)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 09:13   Link #397
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Bakemonogatari had problems on Episode 9-10. This is just episode 3. I wonder how Mr. Romain is keeping up with scheduling challenges.
There I can quote him from earlier in this thread:

Quote:
More than a budget problem, the production may suffer from the tight schedule. The production team struggles to finish episodes on time for broadcasting. This time I'm lucky to work only on pre production where my work is not (too much) affected by this problem. I really hope that animators will give their best.
Also a part of the same team (producer, storyboarders, animators) is currently working on AKB0048! 2012 will be an idol year for us!
And though that's just me speculating,I guess that between the symphogear anime and AKB0048 anime it's AKB0048 that's got the priority.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:27   Link #398
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

What how did that guy stop Tsubasa with only his fist? Poor Miku can't do anything with Hibiki and doesn't even know what she's doing instead. Berserk Hibiki was awesome. So this new person is wearing the symphogear that they were working on back at the concert.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:49   Link #399
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
What how did that guy stop Tsubasa with only his fist?
... and why were only his shoes damaged
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 11:57   Link #400
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... and why were only his shoes damaged
His shoes were not worthy of his manly presence, and thusly disintegrated to prevent its pitiful existence from sullying its master any further.

Gen Fudou and Klein Sandman would invite him to drinks later.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy