AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-21, 04:19   Link #121
ginger02

Liked the episode. Really love Mei and her voice actor is great.

Yamato starts off as a seemingly perfect character and as everything progresses we realize he has his own imperfections, like everyone in life.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 06:29   Link #122
Bern-san

Aiko is one of my favorite secondary characters, I like the way she is portrayed as someone whose face was ruined by the huge amounts of make-up and suffered the consequences of losing too much weight in so little time.
I hardly see a female character in an anime like that.

I became a fan of Suneohair when I listened to his Arakawa under the Bridge songs. The music in this anime is fantastic.

The cat in the preview was so funny.
Old 2012-10-21, 06:53   Link #123
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3
well give more past learning develop give mei going with yamato on a parlor/date give til here come aiko.

yea give mei good in bowling then aiko being bit heel on mei cause she want yamato give in her past over ho-ski herself for another til got used & then fall for yamato.

also look yamato's past give punch a well cause person knew has left after hearing mei & yamato kiss while now aiko might over ho-ski to get yamato.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 07:50   Link #124
ookamigirl

First date clothes choice problems...
Having a hot boyfriend caused Mei to feel a bit down.
Well, at least he's really nice and supportive ^^
Mei was awesome at bowling! Yamato was totally happy about it too.
That other girl Aiko was pretty jealous and kinda mean. I don't like her type.
Her words really upset Mei.
It's nice to have such a great guy like Yamato who knows how to make her feel better.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 13:12   Link #125
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
ep.3
well give more past learning develop give mei going with yamato on a parlor/date give til here come aiko.

yea give mei good in bowling then aiko being bit heel on mei cause she want yamato give in her past over ho-ski herself for another til got used & then fall for yamato.

also look yamato's past give punch a well cause person knew has left after hearing mei & yamato kiss while now aiko might over ho-ski to get yamato.
Are you using some weird translation site? This is completely incomprehensible.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:42   Link #126
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Maybe it's just me but I guess I'm liking everything about this anime. There's absolutely no pretense or gimmick about this romance and I like that. And here this anime makes better antagonist with depth in one episode than well, a lot of anime these days. At first I thought that there might be not really a strong chemistry but now I think it's one of better couples portrayed well and I don't really see that much strong chemistry even in goddamn hollywood movies. Just like OP, I feel this anime has some sort of that frank honesty and laidback feelings.

I am not so crazy about the cast but can't complain since they performed it in perfection. The pacing this time didn't feel so fast because there were some expositions that provided much needed personality to the Gary Stu character. Well in my experience, he felt real enough with this episode but here he gets some more of his feelings why he chose a normal girl out of all those popular candidates. As for the antagonist, there was a good reason why she had to be so blunt and offensive to a girl she has never met before still too overbearing but I could understand. I still don't like this kind of character since I cannot count how many times I have seen this sort of character in my experience.

Maybe I like this anime because it's familiar to me, too. I'm not too knowleageable of the source material but all these characters in this anime, I can identify them from my experience.
Old 2012-10-23, 18:12   Link #127
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow. Just ... wow.

Ep 3 was really, really good.

Such beautiful voice acting too - I was really impressed at how real the story came across.

Extremely well done!
Old 2012-10-23, 20:38   Link #128
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Maybe it's just me but I guess I'm liking everything about this anime....
It's not just you. You just have good taste, like the rest of us here. Lol.

I was fairly confident before the season started that this show would be good. Mainly because of the director/writer, Satou Takuya, who has done two shows of completely different kinds that I really liked: Ichigo Mashimaro and Steins;Gate. He's just knows how to do this.

And also because of the stars, Sakurai Takahiro and Kayano Ai, who are two seiyuus that are pretty near the top, at least for me. I thought Sakurai gave the best performance of 2010 as Yaichi in House of Five Leaves. And although Kayanon has only been around for two years, since she switched from doing relaxation therapy in a salon, she not only has a lovely voice, but can also act. The story is that she used to come home from work late at night and watch ARIA, and started to want to be a seiyuu then.

And also because of the manga, which I have read quite a bit of (past this point). I haven't read any other mangas by the same author, HAZUKI Kanae, but I think I'll start now. As you say, the romance is fairly natural, and the characters quite real. That's despite the fact we have some traditional shoujo memes going on here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 22:27   Link #129
ginger02

What the show lacks for me is some good comedy, but instead it gives a nice appearance and feel to the characters and their story. And like any good show it leaves me wondering what will happen next. I want to read the manga but I'm not much of a manga reader.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 22:36   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm in. This is good stuff. Agreed, not necessarily funny haha (like, say, Love Complex!) but still good stuff.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:43   Link #131
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I haven't read any other mangas by the same author, HAZUKI Kanae, but I think I'll start now.
I hear the subject matter of her other works is very explicit. Not even smut, but hentai.
Old 2012-10-24, 15:12   Link #132
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I hear the subject matter of her other works is very explicit. Not even smut, but hentai.
I've had a look at a couple of one-chapter stories, and they both featured explicit sex. I'm not sure how to make the distinction between smut and hentai, though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:22   Link #133
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've had a look at a couple of one-chapter stories, and they both featured explicit sex. I'm not sure how to make the distinction between smut and hentai, though.
The few other stories I read didn't really do much for me, tbh - I found the storylines and characters fairly boring.

And I guess that was a surprise for me, considering how the storyline and character depth in Sukitte Iinayo come across so effectively (and equally so in the anime adaptation imo).
Old 2012-10-25, 07:43   Link #134
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Is there more secrets to be revealed yet? Mu hearts is going toki, toki,.. first the kiss, then the sex then what? I'll go crazy in loving this anime.. unpredictable indeed....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:45   Link #135
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I like Mei's character and I don't like seeing any upset emotions from her, but it seems she's going to be making those emotions a lot in this anime every episode

Curse you anime! Why must you make me suffer!
Old 2012-10-25, 15:10   Link #136
Thor's Hammer

CrunchyRoll is now going to simulcast this.
Old 2012-10-25, 15:16   Link #137
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm in. This is good stuff. Agreed, not necessarily funny haha (like, say, Love Complex!) but still good stuff.
This is total .. It's very sweet, tender and "real" .. although there are days where I feel I've gotten a little too old and jaded to enjoy it, it yanks me right back in!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:42   Link #138
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
CrunchyRoll is now going to simulcast this.
It's about time. This was the remaining one of the season's shows I wanted to see streamed. I guess I'll forever be behind in this thread, but at least now (or rather starting this weekend) I'll finally be able to see what you were talking about 3 weeks ago.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 15:01   Link #139
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 4

Is it just me or is there a strange abundance of arseholes in that school?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 15:08   Link #140
sikvod00

^ It's not just you. I like that this show is giving a more "realistic" portrayal of high-school life with all of the promiscuousness, pettiness, and general ugliness of teenagers, however it may be laying it on too thick by having that be the norm.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, friendship, romantic comedy, shoujo