AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 23:18   Link #3801
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Long story short, they do. At the end, Kirito, Alice, and Asuna are all Diving into UW.
Thanks, so they do end up together, but what is all this talk about marriage, ntr, and kids with Kirito and someone that is not Asuna?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:29   Link #3802
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

You might want to take your time to read Flere's WEB Alicization summaries here, because they provide the next best solution to catch up with the content for WEB SAO, and that is where most of these spoilers have been coming from. I can spoil this for you though:
Spoiler for Kirito's ranking of girls, that not-Asuna someone:
This is a very general summary, so the complete summaries in the link should help answer your questions. The summaries catch up from the events in Alicization Turning, and continue on all the way to the "end" of SAO. Minor changes have been made from the WEB Alicization to LN Alicization, which have been tagged and placed in spoiler tags as well.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 23:58   Link #3803
novalysis

And the SAO world is about to reach it's technological singularity...
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 00:41   Link #3804
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Thanks, so they do end up together, but what is all this talk about marriage, ntr, and kids with Kirito and someone that is not Asuna?
Just emphasizing what Tusjecht said, it's a long story, but basically the quick answer to your question is:
Spoiler for 5 million x acceleration:

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte

Last edited by iceaco; 2013-04-13 at 12:56.
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 02:09   Link #3805
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The talk all started because of WEB's summarising...highest ever viewer count was 30 people. Best guess.
Spoiler for Summary of summaries of events post-V11:

No lies, that IS what transpired. Just keep reading the summary, iCK.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-13 at 04:02.
Old 2013-04-13, 03:11   Link #3806
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Pretty much. Lol

So who's translating the Web novel onBakaTsuki?

ANNNDDDDD there's 11 anons lurking...wonder who tipped them off lol

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 03:43   Link #3807
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

In any case, I am looking forward to a possible work by the author connecting his two works, SAO and AW together. Maybe his new work would have a balanced protagonist.
Old 2013-04-13, 03:54   Link #3808
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I suspect the anons are from the light novel website the Chinese WEB translations were hosted from...

If WEB SAO is translated, what's going to happen to the R-18 scenes? Imagine all the raeg exploding all over when those are released.

And orpheus:

> balanced protagonist

I lol-ed, but really, a balanced protagonist has never appeared in memory when it comes to shounen/shoujo stuff.

Edit: for laughs, I'm reading this thread in Chinese. Google Translate isn't doing Flere's summaries justice.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-13 at 04:08.
Old 2013-04-13, 06:05   Link #3809
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I would set the events of Versus aside for the moment, because the new spoilers suggests that Versus can take place because SAO and AW are in the same timeline and therefore can occur.
But that would mean that Kirito somehow traveled in time to the future to battle with SC. Is that even possible given the technology they have? I mean sure, NervGears, Amuspheres and STLs are super cutting edge technologies but they, especially the latter, don't seem to have a capability to mess with the space time continuum. They're only making a breakthrough on memory manipulation on the current timeline with the memory blocking for the STLs so a momentary time travel, even accidentally, doesn't seem likely.

I still belong to the side that says both works aren't connected but with the summaries here it's kinda hard to make a stand. I still say it's just like Hiro Mashima's works with Rave Master and Fairy Tail. Both use same names and terms for their characters and other things(Etherion, Oracion Seis, Plue) but are fundamentally not connected with each other.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 06:14   Link #3810
Trung-t-rung

Kirito had already time traveled in Versus side story.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 06:44   Link #3811
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I'm not discussing how they were even able to fight, I'm saying leave their fight scene as non-canon until we find more details that would point concretely to SAO and AW being in the same universe.
Old 2013-04-13, 12:55   Link #3812
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Since no one seems to have told you this, I suppose I should be the one to tell you. While the web novel is the original story of SAO, it's not exactly the same as the light novel version (the published version). There are differences, after all the web novel is just a draft.

Since the web novel is a draft, it's not canon, so you will have to wait till the published version hits the end for the real answer to all your questions about Kirito and Asuna.
Old 2013-04-13, 13:30   Link #3813
iceaco

On the topic of universes.. Nothing beats the complexity of Nasuverse IMO.. stories are easily crossed yet they can easily be kept separate

Old 2013-04-13, 15:55   Link #3814
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post

I still belong to the side that says both works aren't connected but with the summaries here it's kinda hard to make a stand. I still say it's just like Hiro Mashima's works with Rave Master and Fairy Tail. Both use same names and terms for their characters and other things(Etherion, Oracion Seis, Plue) but are fundamentally not connected with each other.
Shall I attempt to convert you then?

Ask yourself this question. Do you WANT them to be in the same timeline, with the events of SAO continually leads to what will eventually be known as the BrainBurst world? And most importantly, don't you think it's awesome if it does?

Spoiler for :
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:44   Link #3815
Thunderheaddope

Is it just me or does this ending not feel complete?
I'd be really upset if the light novel doesnt get a continuation
Buttttt thanks for the summaries Flere!
Now im not gonna have anything to look forward to during the week with this over D:
Thunderheaddope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:36   Link #3816
sky black swordman

Thanks for all the summaries, @Flere821.

Question, is the SK still alive and or active when Kirito, Asuna, and Alice return back to UW ?
Old 2013-04-14, 00:18   Link #3817
iceaco

@thunder the series is over per web source. It is open to continuation thru light novel serialization, but it's gonna be v17+ when alicization is serialized.

Old 2013-04-14, 00:23   Link #3818
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

You forgot more 16.5s for all the female leads.
Old 2013-04-14, 04:59   Link #3819
DarkJak2050

17+ Volumes for the Light Novels?...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:01   Link #3820
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

You've seen the length of Flere's summaries, if that's anything to go by. Maybe what he meant is that Alicization will be completely serialised by V17.

...which I admit, is more than I thought. IIRC author said he'd finish it by V15?

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality