AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-03, 11:03   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Fortune Arterial

Based on a eroge game by August (best known for Yoake Mae yori Ruri-iro na), Fortune Arterial will be getting an anime adaptation according to Comptiq magazine (which is running the manga), as reported by ANN.

Plot Premise:
Kohei Hasekura transfers to a prestigious school on a remote island where he lived long ago. Even as he's just settling in to his new school life and reacquainting himself with his old friends Kanade and Haruna Yuki, he finds himself entangled with the Student Council and its Vice President Erika Sendo. Erika is attractive, popular, and displays pride befitting her stature, but she's hiding a secret: she's actually a vampire. Thus Kohei finds himself thrust into the mysterious hidden world of the school and the vampires that secretly roam within.

Genres: School Life, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Vampires

Staff:
Director: Munenori Nawa (D.C.S.S., Otoboku, Nogizaka Haruka, Kiss x Sis)
Series Composition: Katsumi Hasegawa (D.C.S.S., Omamori Himari, Kiss x Sis, Full Metal Beyblade)
Character Design: Megumi Ishihara (Fate/stay night, Moonlight Lady)
Animation Production: ZEXCS/feel

It always seemed to me that this game would make a natural fit as an anime, so I'm sort of surprised it took them this long to put it together. But anyway, looking forward to what they come up with; hopefully they get a budget this time.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-04-09 at 01:07. Reason: Added production information
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 11:53   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This just made my day. I found the VN to be highly enjoyable with its fun character dynamics and good humor, as well as the darker sides of the premise. While i did find it to have some minor flaws (Which, ironically, they can probably avoid in the anime by not having to animate the lesser character routes fully), it still managed to deliver one of the more elaborate vampire stories i have witnessed, which was a pleasant surprise given the initial premise, as things were really thought out and elaborated upon on the vampire side. Indeed, so long as the show gets actual budget (unlike Augusts's previous VN adaption ... the notorious "cabbage love" ), it has the potential to be a great watch . Here's hoping
Old 2010-04-03, 12:30   Link #3
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

And now we wait for the staff to be announced. I'd like to believe that after cabbages ensued in Yoake they'd try to get FA to be better produced, but eh, who knows!
Old 2010-04-03, 12:35   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I once saw a youtube of this VN's oppromo and it looked like the most generic of generic harem VN's ever, and that's saying something. Hope this helps.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2010-04-03 at 13:49.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 13:33   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The ANN image accompanying the article is a somewhat of a disappointment ... I was interested by the short summary and the V word . I was hoping it wouldn't be like Rosario but now my hopes are sorta dashed ?
Old 2010-04-03, 13:45   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not really expecting anything in the story section, but I'm really curious about how the art and visuals will turn out.
Last time............. Bekkankou's game's anime.................... Cabbage...................................

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 13:49   Link #7
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Here's a promo (iirc it was this promo I mentioned above that made me instantly decide it was generic shit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F43I1EyRgE

Just by watching the promo you can sorta tell that it's like the producers went down a checklist a high school harem VN is supposed to have:
- really posh school at an isolated place (so the students can live in dorms without those pesky parents interfering with the plot; nobody cares about those anyway and characterization is :effort
- popular girl who is a member of the student council, but with a DARK SECRET
- other generic harem stereotype girls such as (and I'm just guessing based on their looks here, but I'm willing to wager my Internet Reputation that most of my guesses are right): shy and sensitive loli girl (that one with the white hair and a most likely overprotective brother), serious and potentially emo girl with long dark hair, energetic and bouncy loli girl, sporty girl and nice and generally Good Girl.
- dramatic effect factor; in this case, vampire(s) (other commonly used gimmicks in this category are (for example) mysterious illnesses, ghosts, memory losses and general magic)

My recommendation is: don't watch this anime.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2010-04-03 at 14:07.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 14:45   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
The ANN image accompanying the article is a somewhat of a disappointment ... I was interested by the short summary and the V word . I was hoping it wouldn't be like Rosario but now my hopes are sorta dashed ?
The image they used in that article is ...odd, to say the least, because it doesn't really connect with Erika or convey anything about the title. Regardless, if by being like Rosario you mean a show with focus on comedy and fanservice, then no - FA isn't either of them (And there are no battles with monster bestiary either ) If you are expecting a fully serious and grim show on the other hand, you are likely in for a disappointment as well - FA has a bit of both worlds here, being a normal school fair on one end (With everything that entails), and dealing with vampire related issues on the other. And while the story handles the later with plenty of seriousness, it doesn't make the whole a piece of doom and gloom.

It all boils down to what one expects of the show i suppose, but the original material fared fairly well on delivering both entertainment through quirky character interactions and good humor when appropriate, and well elaborated vampire side. Romance fans should also have something to chew on. What the anime ends up doing with the premise only time will tell, though the format of the story is actually quite friendly for anime adaption i would say, though that remains to be seen.
Old 2010-04-03, 15:01   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I've only kept with the manga so far on this even if it's only a about 5 chapters and I liked it so far.
Should be a pretty entertaining watch on my half, as I'm pretty lax about most of what I watch.
Unless it really did turn out like another R+V capu 2, that I didn't really like that much at all
Old 2010-04-03, 15:36   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, as Skyfall said, I think what makes this story work despite the rather cookie-cutter character designs/personalities is the rather well-conceived vampire backstory that ties most of the characters to each other. The manga adaptation of the story currently running in Comptiq (where the anime was announced) has done a pretty good job of preserving the balance of elements in the original game along with following the game's true ending (as I'd expect them to do for the anime). As long as they treat the story with some degree of seriousness and respect, I think it could turn out okay. Ideally I'd hope for a two-cour show to tell things properly, but that's probably to much to hope for. Anyway, looking forward to getting more info about the staff.
Old 2010-04-03, 16:35   Link #11
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Top selling VN of 2008, should be fun. o: They must've done something right, since they beat both TH2ad and LBEX.

Gah, now I'm waiting on things that aren't even out instead of just waiting on things that comes out weekly...
Old 2010-04-03, 18:10   Link #12
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Here's hoping that the VAs don't change.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 00:37   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Two words.

F*** YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the thread title in the Upcoming section and nearly jumped through the ceiling. This just made my LIFE. I've been freaking waiting for them to make a Fortune Arterial anime forever.

The only possible negative I have in advance of actually watching the anime is that obviously it won't be about Kiriha. But I still like Erika just as much, so *shrug*. And seeing Kouhei's antics animated is nothing to shy off either.

Now for the long wait until it actually airs..............I know it's unlikely that we know yet, but this is Fortune Arterial so I can't resist: is there any word at all for a projected air date?
Old 2010-04-04, 01:35   Link #14
kyosak
poo

Hmmm, this is probably good reason for me to go back and play this game... I lost interest a while back playing that one girl's route (the childhood friend?).
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 02:36   Link #15
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Yes! finally....... took them long enough

I swear that I still can't forget the excitement of the True Ending and how the pieces come together in the end

one of the game shining point is the protagonist no he's not dense not a pussy knew exactly on what he really wants and for once (in this kind of game) able to use his brain.

The selling point is how the protagonist find the information and piece thing together on the history of vampire and react on them. Trivial info in the game might played big role in the subsequent play and makes you said "aaah I see now"

I just hope that the adaptation would do a justice to the game

PS: always makes me wonder on why there is no Fandisc for this game?

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2010-04-04 at 03:00.
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:36   Link #16
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Based on a eroge game by August (best known for Yoake Mae yori Ruri-iro na), Fortune Arterial will be getting an anime adaptation according to Comptiq magazine (which is running the manga), as reported by ANN.

Plot Premise:
Kohei Hasekura transfers to a prestigious school on a remote island where he lived long ago. Even as he's just settling in to his new school life and reacquainting himself with his old friends Kanade and Haruna Yuki, he finds himself entangled with the Student Council and its Vice President Erika Sendo. Erika is attractive, popular, and displays pride befitting her stature, but she's hiding a secret: she's actually a vampire. Thus Kohei finds himself thrust into the mysterious hidden world of the school and the vampires that secretly roam within.

Genres: School Life, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Vampires

It always seemed to me that this game would make a natural fit as an anime, so I'm sort of surprised it took them this long to put it together. But anyway, looking forward to what they come up with; hopefully they get a budget this time.
Vampire? High School? Vampire is a Girl? Sexing up the undead?

I am getting sick of this genre.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:56   Link #17
KBTKaiser

One thing to watch for when this gets animated: Kanade nee-sama sending or dragging kouhei through...well, everywhere. XD

EDIT: Additionally, I'm rooting for the true end.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 07:01   Link #18
cyth
Banned

I remember subbing the promo video. Too bad the encode was lost in the annals of internet.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 07:16   Link #19
Zexas

OMG Finally Fortune Arterial ( I create an account just for this)

They definitely should stick with the True End route

AND to the people that complain HAVE YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME?

and what I meant by that finish all of the route that eventually lead to True End ~ Not just by skipping sentences to give your impression about the game just because someone asked if you ever played the game ~
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 08:12   Link #20
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I hope they make a cabbage reference from Yoake for lols. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire