AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 20:24   Link #561
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I liked this episode even more than the first. The cast is so much fun! Can't wait to see what the new character adds. She'll probably be the outsider to the shopping market.

The pacing is a lot faster compared to K-On. The scenes are a lot shorter and there are a lot more montages. I think it fits this type of show and that the show feels more different from K-On than I initially thought it would.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 20:47   Link #562
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Mochizou remains perfect, though. It's so cute how he calls Tamako's father "dad" too, just to promptly get shut down. haha Also, how adorable was Tamako and Mochizou's means of communication!?
I do like how they depict the closeness of this two childhood friends/neighbors with all these little things The cup and string is a nice touch, but even better are the hand signals that they both used and understood perfectly without saying a word.

Lol at the otou-san part... That never gets old...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:59   Link #563
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Interesting how we seem to have two camps - the "Dera is the funniest thing in the show" camp and the "Why is that stupid bird getting in the way of my cute girls?" camp.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 22:01   Link #564
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

There should be the middle camp: I don't mind the bird spicing things up, but he doesn't break the show or make it "awesome-r". I fall in this category, of course
Old 2013-01-16, 22:02   Link #565
Midonin
Last Engage

I didn't place myself into either of those. I like how he gives the show its own identity, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the islanders bring to the show. ...I just like Tama and her friends more. Personal preference.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 22:27   Link #566
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

• Everybody is Bi/Pedo to Tamako
  • Tsundere dad is tsundere
  • Wait Tamako wearing contact lens?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:02   Link #567
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Tamako got stage fright and every one acted like her and Mochizou looks to much like Ritsu with out her hair band
Old 2013-01-16, 23:09   Link #568
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm liking the shopping district scenes. The atmosphere is so nice and friendly and everyone interacting with each other is just charming to watch. In contrast I still can't really care about the school scenes. I'm also liking how they're presenting Midori's apparent crush on Tamako in a way that didn't scream "Look, there be moe yuriz here! So kyahwaii~!!!11" in your face.

Other than that Dera is still entertaining and Mochizou is cute as always, so there's still reason to keep watching.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:16   Link #569
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Well... I liked this second episode significantly less than the pilot episode. It wasn't just because the bird had less scenes, but the fact the level of "cute antics" approach K-on levels at times. Let alone Tamako's schoolfriends, even the adults were acting out thier kawaii antics too (though I did find Mochizou's father funny). I mean what's up with that afro guy blushing like he's 13 years old -_-'. So yeh, at times it had forced moe which were artificial which I don't like. I do like Tamako as a character though. Despite looking like a cross between Yui and Chitanda, limits the amount of "act cute for the camera" poses. Reminds me of more of someone like Konatsu from Tari Tari though not as obnoxious than the usual Kyoani equivalents.

After this second episode, my hunch is that the focus is going to be split between the bird, cute girls (and adults) doing cute things. I'm in it for the former.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:31   Link #570
webkid94
*Author

Adults being moe, I like I wasn't as annoyed by this episode as I thought it'd be due to the implied yuri, which I hope stays that way. Dera and Mochizou are like a manzai routine LOL.

I'm surprised all of this moe isn't driving me crazy but I think KyoAni is hopefully trying, just a tiny bit, to change things up. Not abandon moe, but give it something to work with instead of "Generic moe anime #5342", add some wackiness (Dera) or something fresh (More focus on moe adults) in the mix.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:38   Link #571
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Moe overload
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:49   Link #572
Pen3

I loved the way they handled Midoris feeling and not make it all fan service. I liked her in episode 1 and loving her even more now XD
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 00:33   Link #573
EroKing

Images
Dera - Redefining Moe.gif
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-17, 01:48   Link #574
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So just watched Ep.2

Somewhat Midori is focused here. Aw Yuri vibes in the air! Man she's too Mio for me when the lines "MIDO-CHAN" was said. XD
Anyways love the adults interacting with each other and Tamako's dad fighting over Ooji's.

Also here 100% a new product for KyoAni. Derra-Projectors! XD
Better episode, more interactions love the cuteness, but still too K-on.
I give it an 8/10
Old 2013-01-17, 03:23   Link #575
Blaat

The episode was too otaku friendly and not family friendly enough. The preview of the next episode looks even worse...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Interesting how we seem to have two camps - the "Dera is the funniest thing in the show" camp and the "Why is that stupid bird getting in the way of my cute girls?" camp.
I'm in the "Get rid of that stupid bird and the cute girls camp", something tells me I'm very ronery in this camp.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:22   Link #576
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The episode was too otaku friendly and not family friendly enough. The preview of the next episode looks even worse...
I'm in the "Get rid of that stupid bird and the cute girls camp", something tells me I'm very ronery in this camp.
I dunno how you could keep watching if neither element appeals to you
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 04:42   Link #577
Warm Mist

I still don't know where they are going with the show. I don't see myself enjoying much more than the animation if the whole show will be random episodic antics focusing on a different character each time.
I don't think this will happen, but so far there's not much the show has said about its overarching plot/themes.

I really like Tamako's character though, perfectly balanced and strangely unusual for this type of show. Can't wait to see what they will do with her. If they mix some character focused antics, with little characterization for the mains that builds up a la K-On!, with a more clear direction, I can see this becoming pretty awesome.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 04:47   Link #578
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I dunno how you could keep watching if neither element appeals to you
I'm warming up to the bird.
Old 2013-01-17, 05:40   Link #579
garbage

nice episode, loved the way tamako & mochizou communicated with that string phone ^^

so Midori eh, hmmm well as tit was said in the episode everybody loves someone

for the bird, ahaha guess i'm in the middle, indifferent camp
Old 2013-01-17, 06:27   Link #580
Gohan78
Awakened One

I am in the "get rid of the damn bird" camp.
I feel like KyoAni introduced the bird just to say: "See? It's not your standard Slice-of-Life show! We have a talking bird here!".

I wouldn't mind Dera if he was just a narrator, telling things from the perspective of an outsider to the shopping district. But it's annoying when he breaks the flow of the story, like when he perched on the "phone line".

Apart from Dera, the second episode was ok. I really liked the subtle way they showed Midori's feelings for Tamako. Some scenes made me smile. OTOH I don't care much for the other residents of the shopping disctrict.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen