AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-16, 11:09   Link #61
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Meh...You are abusing the properties of the red-word®...

Overexertion will result in a failure to communicate...

Please be more judicious...either that or stop the abuse T_T...
Meh...I was just trying to be colorful...I guess I *should* use bold more often instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesimos
There sure needs to be an easier way to to calculate the quiz scores. Can someone create, say, a form program to do this?
If you mean forum programme, I dont think that is possible, as it would require some coordination with the hosters to alter the settings of the forum set-up itself. Which leads to the point that one-time used programmes aren't worth the effort to create and change the forum settings.

Unless you're suggesting for an external programme?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 12:11   Link #62
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes (marked as yes, but after a certain period I destroy them)
7. No
8. Yes
9. No
10. No
11. Yes
12. No
13. No
14. No
15. Yes
16. No
17. No
18. No
19. No
20. No
21. Yes
22. No (truthfully they're getting better, but we need to see more boxsets with reasonable prices [read; those thinpaks are awesome]).

So +4 L-R and +1 P-C?
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 14:13   Link #63
leongsh
Daijoubu!

No detailed answers from me It's bad enough for me to disclose the scores:

L-R: -1
P-C: 0

I'm generally agnostic towards the whole fansubbing thing and it shows in the scores.

And whether I regularly buy original/licensed anime DVDs? Yes and the buying mix is swinging back towards more R2Js (originals - about 50 DVDs purchased just in 2005) than R1s and R3s (licensed - combined R1 and R3 purchases in 2005 about the same number as the R2Js) *OUCH* My wallet/anime budget does feel the pain.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 14:42   Link #64
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Well, well,

L-R=0
P-C=-3
Does this make me neutral, good?

I didn't really want to post my answers.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:17   Link #65
Fimbulvetr

L-R: +5
P-C: -0

8. I often download hollywood movie dvd rips
You should probably add tv shows,music,warez,pr0n, or other über illegal stuff that can be leeched on da intarweb. (My answer here was no, because I'm not really interested in hollywood movies)
9. When media factory requested the removal of all its shows from animesuki, I was angry at the japanese company.
MF didn't just adress asuki, and I still blame the whole affair on some fansub group's early release .. I might have been a tiny bit angry but I don't care for asuki and the company was not at fault. (with this no I'm down to only +5 L-R )
16. The explosion of popularity of anime in the past few years is bad for the community.
Popularity itself might not seem negative yet it comes with evil side effects, hordes of ungrateful leechers would be one of them.
19. Big fansub groups with lots and lots of projects are better than small, one show groups.
I'm very unhappy with this question because the size of a group has no direct impact on the quality of thier releases, and the lack of one-show groups (even the smallest groups normally do more than one project) makes it even more difficult to answer that one. (No)
21. If Naruto had not been fansubbed, it would have done much more poorly on Cartoon Network.
No one will ever know but I think a yes should be the best guess here, no matter where you stand.
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:29   Link #66
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Right... I'm either the single most conservative and legal minded person on this forum or I'm the only one to admit it. ^^:

Personally, I don't think you'll ever see someone get a -8 in the P-C area. I'm not saying that there aren't people with such opinions but that if that truely was their opinion they wouldn't be here to take the quiz. Most people are content with the growth of interest and the spread of anime and fansubs so it is highly unlikely that you'll get people going into the far extremes of the P-C ratings.

Other than that, I hope you use the data gathered and the experience gained to make another lengthy and more accurate quiz. ^^
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:55   Link #67
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Other than that, I hope you use the data gathered and the experience gained to make another lengthy and more accurate quiz. ^^
That might be interesting. This is the only quiz about anime fandom I have ever seen that actually gives both accurate and meaningful results instead of just being amusing. Quarkboy has created something unique and possibly useful.

It is a little scary.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:09   Link #68
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is a little scary.
Yes, I agree, it IS scary that I created something useful.

Hey... wait... I think I should be insulted , but I'm not.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:53   Link #69
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
That might be interesting. This is the only quiz about anime fandom I have ever seen that actually gives both accurate and meaningful results instead of just being amusing. Quarkboy has created something unique and possibly useful.

It is a little scary.
Useful... But to who?..

L-R: -1
P-C: 4
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 19:20   Link #70
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Useful... But to who?..
Useful to anyone who wants to understand anime fans. That would include other anime fans and moderators of anime forums and might even extend to people who run licensing companies doing market research on their potential consumer base.

Please note that I said "possibly useful." I'm still not completely convinced of its usefulness, though I do think that there is some definite potential.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 21:41   Link #71
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Useful to anyone who wants to understand anime fans. That would include other anime fans and moderators of anime forums and might even extend to people who run licensing companies doing market research on their potential consumer base.

Please note that I said "possibly useful." I'm still not completely convinced of its usefulness, though I do think that there is some definite potential.
So.. no score for us* then. It ok.

/Wouldn't be surprised if this fell out of an ADV DVD insert someday.

*Not implying that I'm *cough* one of them**.
**By them, I mean, 4Kids'.

***Yes, 4Kids' is stupid. Just that I like the smiley.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 01:52   Link #72
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
L = +4
P = 0

Whatever. I'll sub Doremi anyways.
Old 2006-03-04, 06:56   Link #73
BadGuy
AonE Editor Person

Send a message via MSN to BadGuy
I actually found myself bored enough to do this so erm well here are the "yes"-answered questions:

5. +1 C
6. +1 L
11. +1 C
15. +1 P
20. +1 P
21. +1 L
22. +2 L

L-R +4
P-C 0
BadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 08:30   Link #74
Hydex

Hmm, L-R +8
C-P 0
I'm evil :/
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 02:40   Link #75
Salsashark
Pessimist

Send a message via AIM to Salsashark Send a message via MSN to Salsashark Send a message via Yahoo to Salsashark
L-R 2
P-C 2

I guess thats good...sorta, lol.
Salsashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 02:41   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll bite..... just out of curiousity. My apologies but I've never felt bad about scribbling in the margins to respond to "when did you stop beating your wife" kind of questions...

1. Never
2. No
3. No... but then if I care that much I buy it anyway.
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. No... until I buy it.
8. Never
9. No.. though I thought they were dumb as mud for that move.
10. No.
11. Yes
12. Yes... unless they've gone out of production and it simply isn't on the shelf anymore. Where's the public domain when you need it?
13. Vague assertion.... drop the region coding and we'll talk. I also retain the right under Fair Use to rip for my own personal use, thanks.
14. No
15. Yes
16. No
17. No
18. No
19. No
20. No
21. Yes
22. Hell no.... ask any poor Japanese R2 consumer.

Hmmm, I scored -1=L-R and -1=P-C .... but a couple of answers are responding to "wifebeater" questions and require qualifications.
Fansubs grow in an environment of access vs demand.... if the anime producers released their stuff region-free with subtitles to start with and priced them GLOBALLY competitively... they'd sell a hell of a lot more and still make their investors happy.
The Japanese consumers wouldn't be gouged so badly... they'd sell more units overseas and probably improve the merchandise picture.

I see Soluzar handled all the wifebeating questions with complete sentences... I concur with nearly all his comments.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-06 at 02:56.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 16:51   Link #77
xat
*Fansubber

Interesting

L-R 2
P-C -1

*continues to wait for Resolution*
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 22:59   Link #78
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
L-R = 1
P-C = 3

I do illegal things, but not that much. Also, I wouldn't know what to do with a VHS fansub.

Several of the questions made me think. I'd love to qualify them (I keep fansubs even when they get licenced, but delete them once I buy the series, which may take any time from a few months to a few years), but in the end, I figured that to most people, it doesn't really matter when I delete the fansubs, except that I do it after it gets licenced. And that, it seems, is what matters.

Or the bit about DVD-ripping... even though I do it entirely only for AMV-making, and only for DVDs I own...
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 00:30   Link #79
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
"The higher the P-C, the more progressive attitude you have toward fansubbing and the methods/goals it has. Very positive P-C indicates that you think bittorrent is great, and that the most important thing about fansubbing is getting the largest number of downloads and the fastest releases. Very negative numbers indicate that you'd probably prefer if digisubbing had never been invented, and that people still traded anime on VHSs that are shown in people's basements."

Hehe, I had a -8 P-C (maximum score). Guess I'm old school :X

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 09:26   Link #80
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Hmm. R-L 5 and P-C 1.
Ew, that really is accurate.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote