AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-04-21, 06:29   Link #21
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Boom Boom Satellites-Dive for you
most other songs by the BBS are in english
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 18:48   Link #22
Alu^
An Eye for an Eye

Send a message via ICQ to Alu^ Send a message via AIM to Alu^ Send a message via MSN to Alu^ Send a message via Yahoo to Alu^
Monoral. There is no better Jap singing in Eng-group than this one.
'Kiri' and 'Visions is my head' are really great!
Alu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 13:35   Link #23
am1n

Not agree with you guys, though that BEAT CRUSADERS opening for Bleach is engrish, most of the time they have a good english singing.
am1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 15:15   Link #24
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Oh... the person who sang in .hack//sign can sing English pretty well. I liked all the songs in that series and you can hear everything quite clearly.
That's why

I've heard that Hyde actually credits an 'English Adviser' on at least one of his solo albums too... but I don't have the CD to check.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 16:06   Link #25
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1n
Not agree with you guys, though that BEAT CRUSADERS opening for Bleach is engrish, most of the time they have a good english singing.
Okay, maybe I am being unfair or my expectations and standards are too high. I went back and listened to Beck songs. I guess in most case you can hear what Beat Crusaders are saying, but there are always a few words they butcher in each songs. And those words are the ones I really remember in long run since they make me cringe. I like their beat, I like the sound of their music itself, but I think I would love them a lot more if they sing in Japanese with a bit of English mixed in between.

--------------

High and Mighty Colour singers also sing in English. But their English parts are usually screamed out so I am not sure if their English is good or not. From what I can hear though their English is decent.

-------------

So that's why the singing in .hack//Sign is so good!! The fact they found an English singer to sing English sort of make me have higher respect for the series.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 21:22   Link #26
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
403 ForbiddenA is basically the only J-band that has good vocabulary-rich lyrics that I've ever seen. Aside from Beat Crusaders and a few here-and-there songs, I haven't seen many around either, so I can't say much.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 09:21   Link #27
Celes__

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClessAlvein
It's not the accent that's the problem, it's the lyrics. Unless they were penned by a native speaker, they're probably bad. Have you listened to any of the tracks off Utada's English album? It's like being raped in the ear.
It's ok if you don't like Exodus' lyrics. I agree that they are bad (at least most of them). But then again, there are singers with good pronunciation AND good lyrics. Yeah, they are a minority, I know, but they exist.
Celes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 15:06   Link #28
Ruka

Send a message via AIM to Ruka Send a message via MSN to Ruka Send a message via Yahoo to Ruka
Yup, I noticed. Like Utada Hikaru, BoA, Asian Kung-Fu Generatio and many more. I think they want to attract foreigners to listen to Japanese english music. But at least, its kinda cool.

-Ruka
Ruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:28   Link #29
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

I also recommend Rie fu. She's one of my favorite artists.

Try Angela Aki. She's part something-other-than Japanese, (was it German? Some type of European? I can't remember) and so she doesn't have an accent when she sings. She sings the theme song for FFXII; that's actually how I found out about her. Her songs are more contemporary rather than pop. She plays piano too. (I believe she composes her own songs.)

Also, you could try Crystal Kay. She sings the third ending theme to FMA. She's also blasian, which is pretty interesting (black/asian). I'm not sure if she has any songs entirely in English, but many of her songs have a lot of English in them. They have a nice jpop/r&b feel to them.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:53   Link #30
Jigokun
Shocked Expression!

The Songs Would be much better if the Japanese Language system doesn't have such a wierd sentence structure - Sometimes their "Engrish" Makes no sense.
Jigokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 15:39   Link #31
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
I'm not super-super-familiar with JPop, but I think as far as people from another country singing in English go...Puffy AmiYumi, they aren't that bad. But they sound more like...you know, "aww, kawaii!" than anything else when they sing in English.
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 08:09   Link #32
Sandman21
Inevitable demise.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't look too much towards the lyrics. I listen for the music itself. The feel of the music. I'm fond of Beat Crusaders. Although their english isn't that good, at least the music is good to me. I don't really mind the heavy accented english and poorly penned lyrics

And DynamiteMILK, I'd love to agree with you, I partially do, but the words aren't appropriate.
Sandman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 08:39   Link #33
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

er DynamiteMIlk, i think he was just joking, a bit of sarcasm,
also a bit of an offensive post there =[

I guess japanese artists want to appeal to foreign 'markets' too, through anime they do become better known outside of Japan.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 10:09   Link #34
Samurai_Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu^
Monoral. There is no better Jap singing in Eng-group than this one.
'Kiri' and 'Visions is my head' are really great!
Definitely - Monoral is the best Eng-group, although some of their song lyrics don't make much sense.

Both the songs you listed are good, but I prefer Tente and Frozen Peak from their album Petrol.
Samurai_Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 14:56   Link #35
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Yuna Ito - Since her career just basically started, so she currently doesn't have any full English songs. But you can easily tell that Yuna is fluent in English during parts of her songs where she sings it. And yes, it's because she was born and raised in Hawaii. I just wanted to mention how seemless her transitions are between the two languages.
Old 2006-05-03, 16:55   Link #36
Rurik
Golden

Wind from Akeboshi is also in english, this is Naruto 1st Ending team.
Old 2006-05-12, 10:26   Link #37
Mashda2k6

Whats the songs name which Ichijou sings?
"Everyday, every night......" thing
Mashda2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 14:37   Link #38
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

its only a fairy tales from mai hime...the only japanese version of english song that appealed me...
friendshipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 17:43   Link #39
Maya Miyazono
~The Closer I Get To You~

Send a message via MSN to Maya Miyazono
Fly Me To The Moon - The end song of NGE was an old loved american song.

I don't remember who sang it though. ^^;;
Maya Miyazono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 02:42   Link #40
Neko-Musume
Catgirls Unite!

Originally written by Bart Howard, it was made famous by Frank Sinatra. As for the NGE versions, it was sung by multiple people. "Fry me to the moon, and let me pray among the stars..." Not the perfect example of an English song well-performed by a Japanese artist.

Another example I'd like to mention is "Logos Naki World" by Yasushi Ishi.

Last edited by Neko-Musume; 2006-05-29 at 14:17.
Neko-Musume is offline   Reply With Quote