Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
School Days would be perfect for you.
Spoiler for .:
Old 2008-03-02, 06:18   Link #5
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

I can understand that School Days is controversial, and just because I suggested it, doesn't mean I liked it. However, when doing recommendations, I try to keep personal bias out of the equation. If it fits what they want, I suggest it. IMO, these threads are purely for the benefit of the OP and imposing your own taste tends to get in the way of that.

Makoto is a LOT of things, but "allergic to women" is definitely not one of them.
Old 2008-03-02, 06:39   Link #6
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Kaoru in Ai Yori Aoshi is one of my favourite anime males of all time, because he wasn't a dumbshit like most harem leads are. I strongly second it.

Amaenaide yo! might be up your alley. The guy is a typical perv, but not exactly a wuss or anything. More ecchi than average, too.

Also, how many series have someone allergic to girls? The only one I know of is Girls Bravo, but you say you've seen a few.
Old 2008-03-02, 07:07   Link #7
Mentar
Banned

Folks, I think several of you haven't read the "not a wuss" requirement. This rules out School Days and Girls Bravo.

I think you should have a look at "They Are My Noble Masters" (KimiAru). Ai Yori Aoshi is a valid suggestion, Mahoraba would count aswell. Also, Hayate no Gotoku.
Old 2008-03-02, 11:29   Link #8
devildog23
Summerlurking

Elfen Lied - Well, hes not a wuss, but this isn't your typical harem echi.
Kanon - Harem, not much echi
Da Capo - Harem/Echi, decent male lead
Clannad - Funny/cool male lead in a harem
Final Approach - Though he can be an asshole

Theres a few
Old 2008-03-02, 12:01   Link #9
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

i think ppl forgot about shuffle
Old 2008-03-02, 16:19   Link #10
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

k thx for suggestions
Old 2008-03-02, 16:31   Link #11
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Second Kanon
Also suggesting Clannad which is currently airing
Old 2008-03-02, 19:07   Link #12
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Folks, I think several of you haven't read the "not a wuss" requirement. This rules out School Days and Girls Bravo.

I think you should have a look at "They Are My Noble Masters" (KimiAru). Ai Yori Aoshi is a valid suggestion, Mahoraba would count aswell. Also, Hayate no Gotoku.
Mahoraba doesn't even make for a love triangle, let alone a harem. He is only interested in one girl and vice versa, so heh The OP asked for harem/ecchi ... and i am having trouble recalling as much as one fanservice scene in Mahoraba. It is a cute, slice-of-lifeish comedy/romance, but it isn't harem and it definitely isn't ecchi.

I highly doubt one has something like Kanon / Clannad in mind when they ask for ecchi harem either, as Kanon is mostly drama with a bit of romance and some comedy, while Clannad is mostly comedy with some drama and romance. And no fanservice in either. (bar two or three scenes in Kanon).

hm ...

If you don't mind the male lead spurting blood like a fountain, Nagasarete Airantou is worth giving a shot. Tendencies to nosebleed aside he is not a wuss and the show has its share of ecchi as well.

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun is well worth giving a shot. The guy is rather far from a wuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako
Also, how many series have someone allergic to girls? The only one I know of is Girls Bravo, but you say you've seen a few.
From the top of my head i can only name Hanaukyo Maid Tai ... i think there was more, but the title escapes me for now.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:57   Link #13
UPR

I second Ninomiya. I mean the guy discolates his arm to get away and jumps from the 4th floor of his school.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:28   Link #14
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I second Ninomiya. I mean the guy discolates his arm to get away and jumps from the 4th floor of his school.
Yeah, to escape from his harem which is what the OP is against in male leads, from what I think he means "allergic to girls". Not in the literal "allergic reaction" way, but in a figurative "scared/inexperienced with girls" sense.
Old 2008-03-02, 23:02   Link #15
andromeda0201

Onegai Twins - actually i'm not sure if it is a harem but Maiku has at least 3 girls after him and he is definitely not a wuss
Old 2008-03-02, 23:36   Link #16
Vagrant0

The term "Harem anime" really gets over used. Are you looking for complicated love triangles, or just anime where the main character just has dozens of girls interested in him for absoluetly no reason? If it is the latter, a weak main character, or atleast one with an aversion to any physical contact is essentially the norm of the genre. It is the norm because these anime are geared mostly toward young men who have few social abilities themselves, and are just enthralled by the sort of unquestioning love (or atleast constant contact) that female characters typically show in these anime.

You might want to try some of the older anime, which arguably were the daddies of the whole harem genre, like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi, ect. While they may not fit perfectly to the more modern frame of the harem anime, they may have the aspects of harem anime that you happen to like.

As for a male lead in a harem anime actually getting anywhere, that's just blasphemy. It'd be like the hero of an action anime getting killed in a fight, and not being brought back to life. It is not the destination, but the path taken which makes the journey.
Old 2008-03-02, 23:42   Link #17
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant0 View Post
As for a male lead in a harem anime actually getting anywhere, that's just blasphemy. It'd be like the hero of an action anime getting killed in a fight, and not being brought back to life. It is not the destination, but the path taken which makes the journey.
Spoiler for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann:
Ah, and Shuffle!, sort of. He gets somewhere, just it isn't shown how far.
And Makoto definitely got somewhere, came back, then repeated the journey with a few travels on the side.
Old 2008-03-03, 18:23   Link #18
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

Nagasarete Airantou great anime
so funny
CLannad great anime
Old 2008-03-03, 18:44   Link #19
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

DearS - The main character, Takeya, is a grumpy teenager who comes across a hot alien.

There isn't many harem anime where the main character isn't a loser, it seems to be an unwritten rule to have an insult to mankind as a protagonist.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:18   Link #20
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

lol so true
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, strong_male