AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 02:47   Link #1961
Kunagisa

Medaka/Megumi Toyoguchi
Zenkichi/Hiroshi Kamiya (aka. Arararararagi)
Shiranui/Emiri Katou (aka. I stuttered)
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 03:05   Link #1962
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 35:

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-02-03 at 15:04.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 03:10   Link #1963
Westlo
Lets be reality

Megumi Toyouchi would be a pretty good choice, that girls got some range.. from cute to badass.. (Black Lagoon's Revy) no problem at all for her.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 11:17   Link #1964
ShiroiRyu

36 is awesome.

Spoiler for 36:

"GO GET HIM TIGER !"
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 12:14   Link #1965
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This fight is actually the best thing I've seen so far in this series. "Go Get Him Tiger!" was definitely great. Seeing Medaka act normal for once was rather refreshing.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 13:13   Link #1966
Homura7

Scanlation:

http://www.onemanga.com/Medaka_Box/36/01/
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 13:16   Link #1967
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Definitely the best chapter we've had so far. I agree with Hayashi-- it was nice to see a normal reaction with a "mode" label to ruin it, like it did with her anger.
Old 2010-02-03, 15:03   Link #1968
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I was expecting the swords to fall sooner....but this works too Well, winning the fight and surviving is one thing, but I'm really wondering
a) how did Zen notice that he hasn't killed anyone, and
b) how did he get a name of born to kill if he hasn't ever done so.
Looking foward to 37~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 18:20   Link #1969
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
My question is, why the hell is he called last carpet? It's so loony that it's ridiculous.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 20:15   Link #1970
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Not sure. All of their names are weird. Hard Wrapping made no sense, either.
Old 2010-02-03, 21:28   Link #1971
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
At least hard wrapping means something, wrapping that is hard, how it relates to him can be debated later. Last Carpet has no sense in any context, it's just two words put together. I'm waiting for upside-down girl, seeing as her name was best pain, I wonder what that means.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 00:35   Link #1972
Napoleon's Hat

The fights are just boring. I don't know why Zen pulling ridiculus stunts out of nowhere is somehow more entertaining than Medaka, but there's no suspense. At least when it was a comedy there was a sense of tongue-in-cheek to the antics.

Zen without Medake to use a foil is just dull. He was great as a sarcastic commentator for Medaka's emotional disconnection, but now he's just a flat shounen-cliche. Correspondingly, Medaka is better when she's aloof, but well-meaning. Sobbing over Zen's death added nothing to her character, and was just a cheap attempt at drama.

The series just takes itself too seriously now. I can't believe people are saying it's better when it went from Haruhi done right to a poor man's Bleach.
Napoleon's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 02:19   Link #1973
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon's Hat View Post
The fights are just boring. I don't know why Zen pulling ridiculus stunts out of nowhere is somehow more entertaining than Medaka, but there's no suspense. At least when it was a comedy there was a sense of tongue-in-cheek to the antics.
For the same reason Male Shepard is played more than FemShep in Mass Effect. "It's not cool unless I can live through it by relating to it" lolol Same reason that crap like DMC 4 and more than likely Dante's Inferno are going to outsell Bayonetta even though they are vastly inferior games in that genre.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 05:16   Link #1974
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
My question is, why the hell is he called last carpet? It's so loony that it's ridiculous.
Besides that, anyone else cringe at the "Go get him tiger" part (from the looks of the topic so far this just seem to be me)?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 05:24   Link #1975
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon's Hat View Post

Zen without Medake to use a foil is just dull. He was great as a sarcastic commentator for Medaka's emotional disconnection, but now he's just a flat shounen-cliche. Correspondingly, Medaka is better when she's aloof, but well-meaning. Sobbing over Zen's death added nothing to her character, and was just a cheap attempt at drama.

The series just takes itself too seriously now. I can't believe people are saying it's better when it went from Haruhi done right to a poor man's Bleach.
IMHO Medaka Box "plot" is created by survey among readers what they want to read. Readers were complaining that there is not enough action - MB turned into battle manga. Readers were complaining that Zenkichi is just a lapdog - Zen started to be a badass. Readers were complaining that abnormals are too powerful and other characters are useless - abnormals weakness were shown, and some characters started to level up (Shiranui, Zenkichi). Readers were complaining that Medaka doesn't care/love Zenkichi - she suddenly fallen in love with him.

I've just read last 3 chapters. I was surprised how author could do what I wanted to read in a way which makes me irritated even more. I wanted to see Zen doing something and I wanted to see some development between Medaka and Zenkichi. Zen is main character in last 3 chapters, he is acting GAR. But it happened because he is turning into abnormal (making sonic boom by stepping or surviving multiple stabs is abnormal). I suppose most of shounen readers are delighted, but I started reading this manga because it was story about normal guy and special girl, not a story about two freaks.
Since beginning author was showing that Medaka doesn't love Zen, or that she "loves" everyone equally. I expected her to fall in love with Zen with time, but current development is, again, to sudden. I'm not complaining that she started to notice her feeling for him, but the way how it was shown. It was like a switch was turned on. Again, I expect shounen readers to be delighted. For me it looks stupid - which just proves that I'm the wrong reader
What I liked about last chapters is information that Medaka brother is responsible for flask plan. It explains a lot of things - for example why Medaka and Zenkichi are in this school or who is financially backing that experiment.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 06:59   Link #1976
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Besides that, anyone else cringe at the "Go get him tiger" part (from the looks of the topic so far this just seem to be me)?
No, you weren't the only one. It was bad, really bad. Then I read it again and was like "What's up, Cheryl (Blossom)" and it was funny in a really bad way. And then the scan was released and it was worse than the first time. Ewwwwwwww.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 08:37   Link #1977
AlaAlba

o.o 37 already out (raws), with other chapter from jump of course. this week sure are fast
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 08:57   Link #1978
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoilers for 37:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-04, 09:22   Link #1979
d3ad3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoilers for 37:

Spoiler: