AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-13, 22:39   Link #841
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Miyuki?

Seriously, you needed to ask?
Ok, I take that as a 'yes'. I'll give you the details in a PM after getting confirmation. I hope you know how to use irc .
Old 2012-05-14, 02:36   Link #842
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There are other ways around it- Let the MC keep his nukes but create a situation where brute strength alone would not solve the problem. That is to say, you don't need to nerf his powers, just make it not the solution to your problem.

This is where as a fanfic writer, my favorite plot device comes in- the wondrous and ever versatile 'Politics' With politics, you have the perfect excuse to avoid using the simplest and logical solutions for any problem.
To be fair, Tatsuya (and Miyuki) are already in that situation...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Flere821; 2012-05-14 at 03:44.
Old 2012-05-14, 02:42   Link #843
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well 2k tons of TNT is nothing compared to 20M tons TNT equivalent bomb during Scorched Halloween.
Old 2012-05-14, 03:43   Link #844
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well 2k tons of TNT is nothing compared to 20M tons TNT equivalent bomb during Scorched Halloween.
20M tons? *checks Chinese version of translations*

... Huh. My bad. I got it mixed up with the 50g Material Burst (1,000 ton TNT) one, the one that blew up the fleet was 1,000g Material Burst (20M ton TNT)
Old 2012-05-14, 04:38   Link #845
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

And Tsar Bomba is supposed to be 100M tons TNT. I can't imagine what would happen if he were to use MB in Japan using something large he can see. This guy is too dangerous imo.
Old 2012-05-14, 05:27   Link #846
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

That is why Miyuki is the key figure. She's pretty much the only one who could restrain Tatsuya from going all out on everyone.
Old 2012-05-14, 05:29   Link #847
Seitsuki
Onee!

Oh please. She's a lot more to him than that.

No innuendo intended Fully intended and proud of it
Old 2012-05-14, 06:51   Link #848
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Which reminds me, I am surprised they have not arranged Miyuki a marriage with one of their own family or another to further control Tatsuya.
Old 2012-05-14, 07:02   Link #849
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Which reminds me, I am surprised they have not arranged Miyuki a marriage with one of their own family or another to further control Tatsuya.
You mean make her marry someone in one of the family?If that's the case don't this would only awaken the sleeping dog.
Also I do not think Miyuki it's someone who would accept such a thing at least from what i know.
Old 2012-05-14, 07:27   Link #850
tsunade666

Miyuki would absolutely deny that arrange marriage and if the four clan force it they will turn into dust.
Old 2012-05-14, 07:33   Link #851
kasimmorathi

Miyuki may accept it if she feels it will help Tatsuya. Such as they promise to recognize him if she accepts. Her love for him may be how they manipulate her. Then again, how he reacts may be explosive. She is all that is good in him.
Old 2012-05-14, 08:12   Link #852
Mentar
Banned

Oh, I could perfectly imagine a storyline like this in a later arc. However, since this is touching on a VERY sensitive issue, I could consider that the author is saving such a setting for a time when he plans to light the fuse to the bomb which will hit the Yotsuba when they will try to turn Miyuki against (or away from) Tatsuya and vice versa. A resisted arranged Marriage (and Miyuki WOULD resist) could very easily become the spark to blow the crisis sky-high.
Old 2012-05-14, 08:52   Link #853
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh, I could perfectly imagine a storyline like this in a later arc. However, since this is touching on a VERY sensitive issue, I could consider that the author is saving such a setting for a time when he plans to light the fuse to the bomb which will hit the Yotsuba when they will try to turn Miyuki against (or away from) Tatsuya and vice versa. A resisted arranged Marriage (and Miyuki WOULD resist) could very easily become the spark to blow the crisis sky-high.
Honestly i hate this kind of route but i can see this happen. But i wonder if this guys would be stupid enough to try something like this.I mean,Miyuki it's the only thing that keep him in check.And they know this ,so i dont think they are crazy enough to risk something like him again them.
Old 2012-05-14, 09:25   Link #854
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
To be fair, Tatsuya (and Miyuki) are already in that situation...

Spoiler:
Yotsuba

*filler text to make up 10 characters.
Old 2012-05-14, 11:33   Link #855
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

I have one question:

Who is Yotsuba Mayo and who Yotsuba Maya?

I was tl Yuutousei (not to Eng btw), and I got a bit confused. I haven't read too much of this novel, but I remember the name Mayo...

Edit:

I know that Mayo and Maya can be written with the same kanji, and in Yuutousei "Maya" is their aunt (little sister of their mother I guess) but still I'm a bit confused.

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-05-14 at 11:51. Reason: I've realized something
Old 2012-05-14, 11:57   Link #856
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
I have one question:

Who is Yotsuba Mayo and who Yotsuba Maya?

I was tl Yuutousei (not to Eng btw), and I got a bit confused. I haven't read too much of this novel, but I remember the name Mayo...

Edit:

I know that Mayo and Maya can be written with the same kanji, and in Yuutousei "Maya" is their aunt (little sister of their mother I guess) but still I'm a bit confused.
Yotsuba Maya is their mother, who possessed some kind of mind control ability and is deceased, while Yotsuba Mayo is the aunt and current head of Yotsuba family. She possesses a 'Night' magic, which we don't exactly know how it works.
Old 2012-05-14, 12:19   Link #857
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

But, if I remember this right, in Yuutousei Miyuki calls Maya to their aunt, and said she is the head of Yotsuba clan, one of the 10 numbered families

Then, is there a mistake in the spin-off?
Old 2012-05-14, 18:48   Link #858
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Spoiler for Shazam! Marriage!:
Old 2012-05-15, 04:01   Link #859
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Spoiler for Shazam! Marriage!:
Spoiler for Arc 6?:
Old 2012-05-15, 05:08   Link #860
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for Arc 6?:
You got this whole thing wrong.

Spoiler for The Arcs and Published Volumes:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings