AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 37 32.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 14.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 13.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-09, 12:10   Link #121
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
in the first minute i wanna ask "Yuuji, what happen to u"

then we were shown he said he wanna change, but does he have to switch side too?
Oh theres a reason he did it and if everything goes well it will be reviled it due time.
Old 2011-10-09, 13:00   Link #122
SkoolRumble4Ya

Did the Silver and Yuji merge or something?
Old 2011-10-09, 13:07   Link #123
Tsukou

I feel exactly the same as many of you, I cannot for the life of me remember season 2 very well, but season 1 was so memorable.. I think I am going to rewatchin season 2 just to remember what happened exactly.

Anyways, seeing the ending where Yuuji makes his decision, and with the flames, it almost felt like, he became a Flame Haze. Like I remember Alastor and Shana's relationship being similar, where she makes the decision, and they are destined to walk hand in hand towards their fate, and it just felt like the same kind of commitment between Yuuji and the mysterious voice. I could be wrong, but that's just how it looked to me.

I know a lot of people dislike the whole weak/indecisive male lead, so guess this is what Yuuji would be like when he grows some balls, and it's fairly badass.. Looks to be quite an interesting season..
Old 2011-10-09, 13:26   Link #124
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I vaguely remember the Trinity or Hecate at any rate clashing with Shana during the Pheles episodes is that right? That happens in vol 16 so it means they just switched around the events.
I believe that was the case, when Shana and Pheles kept arguing about release Johan from Yuji. Trinity made their move and Hecate absorbed that clone of hers to obtain human emotions.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:23   Link #125
MegamiMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I believe that was the case, when Shana and Pheles kept arguing about release Johan from Yuji. Trinity made their move and Hecate absorbed that clone of hers to obtain human emotions.
Yeah there was a brief fight with Hecate and Fecor, they may have taken that part from a different point in the novels in order to wrap up the whole Konoe thing. I don't know exactly how the original Pheles arc went.
Old 2011-10-09, 18:21   Link #126
Kristen
*Author

Ha! As I had expected, Yuji would most certainly not choose Shana. He was simply on the way to tell her that he was choosing Yoshida Kazumi and got caught up in something else.

The good end still has hope!

This episode was great, in other news. It felt much better than the start to II and brought in a bigger plot. Seeing as they have 7 novels to adapt into 24 episodes, it looks like we should be able to avoid a long anime original arc.
Old 2011-10-09, 21:37   Link #127
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
Who's that voice talking to Yuji inside? (i've heard that voice in Fate/series )

On first hearing it, the seiyuu of that voice sounds like Aizen's (Bleach) voice...I've checked and it is!

As for who in the story though, I dunno and it's a spoiler anyway, so until then

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2011-10-10, 02:29   Link #128
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh man, what an exciting first episode. What a shocker to see Yuji being what seems to be essentially the main protagonist. But from the monologue it sounds like Yuji is doing all this to free Shana from her never ending fate of blood shed.

Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.
Old 2011-10-10, 06:32   Link #129
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
On first hearing it, the seiyuu of that voice sounds like Aizen's (Bleach) voice...I've checked and it is!

As for who in the story though, I dunno and it's a spoiler anyway, so until then
I can see where people thought he was pulling an Aizen now
Old 2011-10-10, 07:00   Link #130
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Excellent start to the final season. After the ending of the 2nd season i had no idea what route they would take who Yuji would choose. I just knew there was no way they were going to make it so easy that he chose one of them. I think this is a great direction. Its been a long time coming that Yuji make his choice on who to bring balance to the world. The fact that they made him go missing to the rest of the world and erase his existence yet not completely gone was brilliant. The one thing i did not count on is in what fashion he would make his appearance but to have him come back as the leader of Bal Masqué whom they been fighting against for 2 seasons threw a wrench in lots of peoples predictions including mine. Plus they made him look pretty bad ass with his new powers and new will of his own he is a match for Shana. To see Bal Masqué kneel before Yuji was a mind blower. Shana brushing up on her unrestricted spells means shes most def getting ready for whats coming. I get the feeling that we are about to see an all out war between pretty much everyone and every faction in this series.

Animation as usual was nice and crisp and in true Shana fashion both the OP and ED was excellent i really love the OP nice and upbeat really gets your pumped for the episode. V/A's as usual were on point no complaints there

I honestly cant predict where they are going to go this season but i have a feeling its going good. Are we going to get a true ending where Yuji chooses one of the girls and is able to break the chain of Fate of that binds him and Shana? Im hoping we get a true ending and not one of those where everyone ends up happy in the end but Yuji is gone yet gone and it ends where some crap like he will be back one day. Finish this right and it will be added in my top 100 animes.

9/10 Welcome back Shana finally an anime i can be excited about again
Old 2011-10-10, 08:52   Link #131
Tatsumi Saiga

I've had two papers to write the past 3 days and had to put off watching it until just now, so damn painful.

I can already tell this is going to be a really hard season to watch, really exciting, but really hard to wait week to week, especially when I feel like a decent amount of the plot is going to be based around us not really knowing what exactly is going on. Who knows how long it's going to take for there to be that aha moment....from the feeling of this episode, I don't see any YujiXShana love happening any time soon, lol.

Also I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I found it a bit weird that Alastor said nothing the entire episode.. Actually I feel like he said something in the bath scene, but he just seemed bizarrely quiet.
Old 2011-10-10, 08:54   Link #132
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Some things are best left unsaid.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-10, 12:53   Link #133
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nice to see Shana and Marjorie again.
Old 2011-10-10, 13:28   Link #134
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

I honestly cant predict where they are going to go this season but i have a feeling its going good. Are we going to get a true ending where Yuji chooses one of the girls and is able to break the chain of Fate of that binds him and Shana? Im hoping we get a true ending and not one of those where everyone ends up happy in the end but Yuji is gone yet gone and it ends where some crap like he will be back one day. Finish this right and it will be added in my top 100 animes.
Well, during Yuji's conversation with Silver, he seems to lament the fact that Shana is trapped in a fate of violence because she was born a flame haze, a "tool" as flame hazes were referred to. I think it's safe to say that Yuji is waging a war on all the Guze's to kill them all so that no more will leak into the real world thusforth removing the need of a flame haze to repair the damages caused by the denizens when they kill people.
Old 2011-10-10, 17:18   Link #135
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Good that I'm not alone in failing to remembering season 2.

Start for this one is great!
Old 2011-10-10, 19:56   Link #136
redflame

I think the episode was a great introduction to season 3 Just by looking at the OP, you get the feeling that this series has reached its climax and it wouldn't be the same. I also feel that maybe third will be better than season 1 or 2.
Old 2011-10-10, 23:17   Link #137
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Pretty boring and all around below average episode. The final bits of the episode gave me some hope that this may not end up quite as bad as season 2 did...

...however,

Freakin love triangle. I thought this shit was over with Yuuji's resolution at the end of S2, but instead they cockblocked what happened at the end of season 2, and opted to keep the worst part about it as a continuation for season 3. Fantastic!

Also, SSJ Yuuji. That's just silly.

5/10 - Spirits not shot just yet.
Old 2011-10-10, 23:23   Link #138
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Still getting into it... english, english..
Old 2011-10-11, 02:21   Link #139
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Pretty boring and all around below average episode. The final bits of the episode gave me some hope that this may not end up quite as bad as season 2 did...

...however,

Freakin love triangle. I thought this shit was over with Yuuji's resolution at the end of S2, but instead they cockblocked what happened at the end of season 2, and opted to keep the worst part about it as a continuation for season 3. Fantastic!

Also, SSJ Yuuji. That's just silly.

5/10 - Spirits not shot just yet.
yeah this episode didn't make me excited. give it time though. they've got solid material to work with so if they don't manage to screw up royally it's gonna be epic.
Old 2011-10-11, 04:32   Link #140
alvinkhorfire

Well, I can't really understand these two seemingly contradicting scenes.

At 2m 41s of Episode 1, Yuji looked rather serious, just before he disappeared.

At 18m 45s, he smiled towards Shana.

Which of these 2 scenes is actually correct? If both of them are indeed valid, which of it happens first?

Thanks for the explanation.