2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-24, 08:16   Link #141
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
Yeah, Kallen reminded me of a fighting game newbie in this episode (i.e. spamming one attack over and over), but you can't fault her for that since it was her first time piloting the CL II...
Well, she doesn't HAVE any other weapon that works against Lancelot. The claw functions as a defensive barrier as well as offensive weapon, and the entire machine was practically built around the claw. There is no point doing anything like martial-arts moves like Lancelot, because the claw would melt through any defense and as such is far more effective than say, a round-house kick or canon fire.

If you want to view it through the point of view of fighting games, then CL-2 would be one of those game bosses with just a single broken special-move; a swipe attack that ignores all defense and immediately does massive damage upon contact, that has no cool-down or start-up time, and can block all attacks. Sure, it isn't fair; but no one cares about being fair in the battle-field. If you can kill your enemy with one shot, you use it. And there is nothing wrong with spamming if that means you succeed in killing your enemy. After all, it's not a game to Kallen.
Old 2006-12-24, 08:26   Link #142
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

In the holy words of Gundam :

"If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 10:06   Link #143
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
thats the problem with the CL II ~ if the claw breaks down your pretty much screwed ~ hmm maybe they should put the same claw for the left arm as well O.o that would be insane ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 11:37   Link #144
USCPharmacist

It's like this, when I first play Bison in Street fighter 2 champion addition, I used Psycho Crusher constantly, worked like a charm
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 11:44   Link #145
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone know who that imperious looking gent is in the preview? The one apparently interviewing Guildford, Cornelia and Euphemia? There's a familiar looking symbol on his briefcase...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 13:42   Link #146
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

He looks like one of Cornelia's henchmen seen near the end of episode 5 (he got a gun pointed at him). Still, I say LOOKS LIKE so it could be he isn't the same guy
Cpt.Eirikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 14:04   Link #147
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Oh come on, if you could pilot a mech with a Shining Finger, you'd abuse it too, with hotblood!
I'm still waiting for the "This hand of mine is burning red! It's shining grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!" or something
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 14:51   Link #148
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Eirikr View Post
He looks like one of Cornelia's henchmen seen near the end of episode 5 (he got a gun pointed at him). Still, I say LOOKS LIKE so it could be he isn't the same guy
Judging from the hairdo and the particular mustache, it is the same guy. Heck, he's still wearing the same uniform so that might dispel any other doubts on his identity.
Old 2006-12-25, 11:42   Link #149
Forever
Revealing the truth

Absolutely fantastic episode. Thoroughly engaging right through the finish. An episode so good that makes the fact that there will be none next week even more painful.

The fight scene was superb. It was so good that I pray that sunrise would not recycle it.

I doubt lelouch or suzaku will be able to figure out each other through C.C. exchange because they are both prominent in each other memories. They can easily shrug those images of each other off as simply images of their own memories.

Ah C.C. . Her vulnerable side is so sweet that it melts my heart. Perhaps now I can classify her as a tsundere? But still I support lulu x kallen. lulu x C.C. comes up very close as second.

At the rate this series is going, it will definitely beat GSD and even beat GS as well.
Old 2006-12-25, 15:12   Link #150
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Judging from the hairdo and the particular mustache, it is the same guy. Heck, he's still wearing the same uniform so that might dispel any other doubts on his identity.
Indeed - it'll be very interesting to see just kind of role he takes.

Watching the subbed version allows me to rewatch one hell of a great episode.. and also reminds me that we get no episode this week, damn i hate Christmas. ;_;

& i know it won't happen, but - Cornelia X Guilford. <3
Old 2006-12-25, 15:28   Link #151
Bloodseeker

I don't know why, but Suzaku really annoys me for some reason. (at least while he's a soldier... he's okay when he's just hanging out at school) I really wanted Karen to kick his ass. Eh, at least he got mind-raped by CC.

Orange-kun lives!
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 21:51   Link #152
DrewGSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I don't know why, but Suzaku really annoys me for some reason. (at least while he's a soldier... he's okay when he's just hanging out at school) I really wanted Karen to kick his ass.
Lmao im glad someone else thinks this way too, he just really annoys me, i just don't like him, want to see him get pwned.

Good episode, i'm definitely happy that what i thought was going to happen didn't happen. Kallen was doing good for a bit against Cornelia but yea guess Lancelot is too hax and is unstoppable...
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 01:29   Link #153
myopius

People generally don't like characters who are stupidly idealistic in a way that constantly keeps the major plots in limbo...

This was a great episode. The symbolism of the conversations between C.C and Lelouch is way beyond me, I guess. I must say that while I dislike that aspect of Suzaku I mentioned, the shounen in me enjoys seeing that mecha blast its way into action. Not quite as much as Kallen's, but still quite a bit. And the flashback he had has piqued my interest--what did the perfect Suzaku do...? And now that C.C has displayed her sensitive side without reservation, I'm not sure what to think of her personality as a whole. On a plot-related note, she won't be able to get away with wandering around on the school grounds now that Kallen's seen her. What with the investigation of Ashford Academy looming, all that could become complicated, in any case (which is what I'm hoping). Man, it's too bad this series isn't 37+ episodes.

Amazing how the episode topics in Code Geass are getting nearly twice as many posts as the much-anticipated Death Note before they're even subbed, and only 2 people voted it at 8 with no votes less than that, 70% of votes being a 10. Well, we already knew it was the most popular one on 2chan, so yeah...
Old 2006-12-26, 01:46   Link #154
Bloodseeker

That's because Code Geass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Death Note.

Death Note was a huge letdown...
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 02:21   Link #155
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Spoiler:

That fight between mk2 and lancelot was awesome. These mechas are insanely agile. and C.C is too cute when she's not trying to act all tough, though she's cute then too >.<. Lulu x CC imo
Old 2006-12-26, 04:16   Link #156
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This was the first time i have rated an ep of Geass with 10 >.< Good stuff.

Kallen fared much better against that annoying Suzaku(tho he is not that bad when he is quiet) than i expected - i would say she was actualy winning. If the CL2 had not damaged it's claw in that fall the outcome could have been pretty interesting.

At any rate it is good to know that Cl2 is on par with Lancelot - makes the OoBK more competative against Britania.

Seeing C.C.'s vulnerable side was a pretty nice moment. So that strong personality of her's is a fascade... at any rate i was glad to see a more human side of C.C.

Oh, and people complaining about Lulu not being on the front line(while he actualy is pretty close) - do a reality check: Commander's main job is to command his forces, not to dish out punishment at the spearhed. Besides Lulu was never shown to have 1337 piloting skills.

About Kallen spamming radiation wave - why not? So she is a bad pilot for using her best available weapon, especialy against a deadly oponent? Laughable. It is war. Death or life. Who gives a flying rat's arse if it does not look kewl? Your objective is to crush your oponent, and you do that with the best means provided to you, not by trying to look cool.
Old 2006-12-26, 06:20   Link #157
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
About Kallen spamming radiation wave - why not? So she is a bad pilot for using her best available weapon, especialy against a deadly oponent? Laughable. It is war. Death or life. Who gives a flying rat's arse if it does not look kewl? Your objective is to crush your oponent, and you do that with the best means provided to you, not by trying to look cool.
I think, there where some voices, that was wondering about the charing time of her Claw Weapon. But perhaps, thats the "Upgrate" thin on the MK2 and Cause of that its have only one Claw, cause 2 Claws cannot handle the Generator and stress the Knightmare to much.

Besides, she used the Knief for defence manovers, that Claw is not really for defence . But this Force filed can be used as a Shield. Like Lancelots .

And dont forgett, Kallen/Karen has equal or more Fighting Spirit then Suzuka. He is fighting cause he must have to fight for better sake. Same Goals, diffrent force i think. and Kallen/Karen is more stronger for me.

And Lulu behing a Commander in Field. Did not his bodyguard helps Kallen/Karen cause he command that? Cause she is the best Ace in the BK? If she falls, BK lose a huge battle force. And i think, he command them to help Kallen/karen 1 of her importent role, and to lure Lancelot away from her bevor finishing her.

And, you see. A Mask is good, to hide his own Angst against the "Enemy" Respect, that he controlles his body. He dosent shake a thing, but under the mask he was afraid like hell...

Mfg,
Seska

p.s. im boring...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 09:09   Link #158
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Well Kallen behaved like a n00b only because she showed off her most powefull weapon too much, it doesn't even make the killing faster. Now Cornelia and Suzaku know how powerfull that hand is and can effectively try to counter it in any consequent fights, especially Suzaku.

Not to mention that all the data gathered from Lancelot in combat goes back to Schneizel who can improve the Lancelot design even furghter to have a better suit ready fro him or his personal guard when Lancelots is defeated and OoBK's comes knocking on the door.
Sure Guren can receive upgrades as well but since it looks like it's build mostly around the claw so i really wonder what can they improve on, the claw probably won't get any upgraes since it's charging time is already impossible fast (the one thing that bothers me on this KF). Maybe they can add a few joints to give the claw more reach. That ugly thing on that scan is puzzling too. Can't wait to see what it's for ... if it ever makes it into the anime

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 14:29   Link #159
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Well Kallen behaved like a n00b only because she showed
Not to mention that all the data gathered from Lancelot in combat goes back to Schneizel who can improve the Lancelot design even furghter to have a better suit ready fro him or his personal guard when Lancelots is defeated and OoBK's comes knocking on the door.
Sure Guren can receive upgrades as well but since it looks like it's build mostly around the claw so i really wonder what can they improve on, the claw probably won't get any upgraes since it's charging time is already impossible fast (the one thing that bothers me on this KF). Maybe they can add a few joints to give the claw more reach. That ugly thing on that scan is puzzling too. Can't wait to see what it's for ... if it ever makes it into the anime
I don't think that the Lancelot would be able to get a major upgrade simply his weapons and speed is it most important thing and they would have already improved that before the fight.
For the Guren MK2 they could definitely make it so that it wouldn't be depending only on the right arm. They could ad the Slash Hawken or less powerful version of his claw to the left arm.

And now about the eps. It was great, just to bad that Lelouch wasn't able to capture Cornelia but hell she can't be lucky forever because unlike Cornelia, Lelouch can only become stronger, and Cornelia has probely reach her limit.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 15:16   Link #160
zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR View Post
Lmao im glad someone else thinks this way too, he just really annoys me, i just don't like him, want to see him get pwned.

Good episode, i'm definitely happy that what i thought was going to happen didn't happen. Kallen was doing good for a bit against Cornelia but yea guess Lancelot is too hax and is unstoppable...
Haha I feel absolutely the same. Cant wait until he gets owned or killed so I can continue enjoying geass without him.
zka is offline   Reply With Quote