Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-06-11, 11:32   Link #2401
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm just surprised that you knew Purson (that lion-headed Denizen) and Tis as well (All I know about her is that she underwent a contract with Asiz, a Crimson Lord antagonist.).

There is a site which has most of the info you need. Here it is. It's entirely in Japanese, though.
Strangely though, Pirsoyn is not a Lord.....

And Shana herself from book 18 onwards simply slaughters named characters left and right like nothing

Quote:
Sure. You have the book? I can give the whole of vol.1 translation now if you want XD but it will take time, though.

Yeah that's right. She holds main control of Minack, and is regarded as an influential figure in the war. Bal Masque are just a buncha vultures reapifits form the war, as well as advancing their 'plan'.

Actually, Asiz is a really nice guy. He is gentle and extremely caring; he couldn;t bear to lose any of his comrades, Toten Glocke or not. His 'Ultimate Plan', which involves announcing the Denizens' existence, all stems out of his love for Tis and his care. After Tis died, Asiz wanted to carry on Tis's wishes, and appeared in the Human world, but sacrificed his ability to return to the Crimson World as a result. Molech is the one who spread Asiz's ideals far and wide. Makes the flame hazes look like mindless killing machines eh?

Oh, I have the a few translations for vol.18,19,20~but its all in Chinese, which will take hella long to translate to English. Anyone interested? Link:
http://www.173ng.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=295918
http://acg.178.com/xs/602/2263/13205.shtml
http://acg.178.com/xs/602/2264/14567.shtml
Yeah.....Flame Hazes are just brute killers.......

anyway, Bal Masque being opportunists in the Toten Glocke war seem kinda an understatement of their abilities really. One of them is able to kill someone who solos a Toten Glocke Lord and his army with minimal effort and the fact that they have an actual god guiding them.

Makes their anime counterparts looks so much weaker eh? Especially when you see Sydonay get owned repeatedly when he's actually more than capable of wiping the floor with everyone or how their attacks seem greatly reduced compared to the mangas and novels where Lords like Ilyuyanka carve up geographical features with their attacks

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-06-11 at 11:43.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 18:52   Link #2402
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

But he got owned by Wilhelmina. (Though she needed to lose an arm for that.)
That already tells that not everyone is powerful as it might sound.

Pretty much like in Index, when Accelerator, the most powerful esper in Academy City, lost to an unfortunate boy which is considered to be among the weakest. Ironically, he can't totally defend himself against a whole gang of "equally" powerless misfits.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 21:10   Link #2403
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I'd consider it more of "Sabrac syndrome." Some people are more awesome at killing things while others are better at blowing shit up. Similar level but flip sides of same coin really
Old 2010-06-12, 02:52   Link #2404
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Accelerator is weak, weak, weak. Non-comparable. Only later did he become more awesome.

The Toten Glocke is really a powerhouse then, compare to the Bal Masque. Remember how Chernobog hit Mathilde's vitals in ONE strike? (causing Mathilde to blow herself up, thus killing Asiz...). And Ilyuyanka is just unlucky, seeing how his steel body conflicts with that of Sohpie's attack. In actual fact, I'm rather confident that Asiz can kick the crap out of Bal Masque then if they wished to. Of course, BM is much more powerful now. The Bal Masque are like what General Liu is to General Lu in Three Kingdoms initially.

About ES 2, ya, I've been wondering about that. Then again, SnS vol.8 just came out so...

Quote:
Strangely though, Pirsoyn is not a Lord.....

And Shana herself from book 18 onwards simply slaughters named characters left and right like nothing
Neither is Ribesal. And a whole buncha others. But Pirsoyn has an interesting Jizaishiki...poisoning/intoxication XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Note List
Page 23
Mathilde's "Wow, this sure is..." is somewhat off. What does "Nan to iu" mean, btw?

Page 24
Stolas's monologue is cut off there.

Page 25
Lower left bubble left out.

Page 26
Still incomplete.
Pg23: Mathilde is actually saying 'Such a...', which is what Nan to Iu means. She's expressing an exclamation.

Pg24:
S: (Mono) For the soldiers of Minack to be overpowered so quickly...defeated so easily......no...

Pg25: This is just way too (unreasonably) strong!

Pg26: I'm not sure which part I'm missing...I seem to finish all the parts already.

NOTE: I will be on vacation on the next three days, so the rest will come in after that. REALLY, really sorry for any inconvenience caused guys
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 03:57   Link #2405
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post

NOTE: I will be on vacation on the next three days, so the rest will come in after that. REALLY, really sorry for any inconvenience caused guys
Have a nice vacation and thank you for your efforts!
Nietono no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 10:24   Link #2406
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Accelerator is weak, weak, weak. Non-comparable. Only later did he become more awesome.

The Toten Glocke is really a powerhouse then, compare to the Bal Masque. Remember how Chernobog hit Mathilde's vitals in ONE strike? (causing Mathilde to blow herself up, thus killing Asiz...). And Ilyuyanka is just unlucky, seeing how his steel body conflicts with that of Sohpie's attack. In actual fact, I'm rather confident that Asiz can kick the crap out of Bal Masque then if they wished to. Of course, BM is much more powerful now. The Bal Masque are like what General Liu is to General Lu in Three Kingdoms initially.
Interestingly, Asiz was one of the few who faced down SnH at the early stages of his original plan.

But yeah, Asiz vs the Bal Masque Trinity would be fun to watch. Probability control vs Hecate's massed ICBM -ish attacks, Bel Peol's Tartaros and Sydonay's combat skills, hell maybe throw Sabrac and Chernobog in for kicks too
Old 2010-06-13, 00:51   Link #2407
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

@Above:
It will sure be fun. A melee character like Merihim/Chernobog vs Sydonay, a DRAGOON-firing Hecate vs Asiz and his kick-ass ability, Bel-Poel vs Molech in whose strategics works out better, Sabrac vs Sokar, etc. Really wonder which side will win, but then again Asiz will probably overpower everything in the end -.-

@Marcus for wiki: Chiara's contractors is ONE Lord with a split-personality, not two.
Old 2010-06-13, 00:57   Link #2408
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
@Above:
It will sure be fun. A melee character like Merihim/Chernobog vs Sydonay, a DRAGOON-firing Hecate vs Asiz and his kick-ass ability, Bel-Poel vs Molech in whose strategics works out better, Sabrac vs Sokar, etc. Really wonder which side will win, but then again Asiz will probably overpower everything in the end -.-

@Marcus for wiki: Chiara's contractors is ONE Lord with a split-personality, not two.
Yeah....Asiz was maybe the closest to a God level being. Funny how he never really waded into combat at the front though......

Still, the moment the Trinity took to the field, the Flamehazes were totally routed. Besides Asiz and maybe Chernobog and the twin wings of Merihim and Ilyuyanka though, the rest seemed easy meat for Flamehazes.....
Old 2010-06-13, 01:34   Link #2409
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Actually, it was pure bad luck...AND main char immunity.

Huwawa got screwed 18 years prior to the Great War.
Ninurta got screwed during the Great War. By Mathilde's Double-edged Lightsaber. But it was expected, since he is suppose to be delaying for time so that Asiz can get Leane, AND that he is using Ice Swords. Ice < Fire
Sokar's loss is just pure luck. Carl had a way with luring out hot-headed Lords.
Molech's loss is really not anyone's fault. His Jizaishiki, 'Labyrinth', was intended to just hold up Wihelmin and Mathilde.
Chernobog died beautifully. Her suicide attack is really something.
Ullikummi failed cos Electric is Super Effective against Steel (wondered why Sophie didn't just do it in the first place, instead of sacrificing half her wing of soldiers.)
Ilyanka was the most disappointing. His Jizaishiki is known as the best defensive Jizaishiki in his time, yet...
Old 2010-06-13, 01:36   Link #2410
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh yeah...each one of them dying was pretty tragic though.....Chernobog was awesome as an assassin. Almost on par with Sabrac's Stigmata since she technically killed Mathilde
Old 2010-06-13, 01:47   Link #2411
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Actually, to be frank, Chernobog was in a rage, since her lover Molech just died, so she went on this rampaging blitz taht somehow managed to hit Mathilde

Another thing is Asiz is just too gentle and kind as a ruler. Bal Masque has everything planned: The assault on China and Romania, and of course their masterplan and even back-up (Bel-Poel's Hougu and Decarabia),not to mention insanely loyal pions (Orobas to Sydonay). As for the Toten Glocke, they are kinda like...advocates for the church. In other words, they fail miserably when the rebels arrive in the form of bloodthirsty flame-hazes.
Old 2010-06-13, 03:28   Link #2412
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

WHAT? Outreniaia and Vetcherniaia is ONE Crimson Lord? *gasp!*
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-06-13, 17:07   Link #2413
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Does anyone think that SoF will actually succeed and gain his precious utopia, all the denizens will go live there, Yuji will get his body back and live happily ever after in Misaki City with Shana...maybe I'm a little too optamistic.

So while I'm at it how about Wilhelmina becoming a world class chef and Marjory cuttiing down on the drink.

A quick question: can any Crimson Denizen/Lord/God make a contrack with a human so long as that human is worthy?
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 18:56   Link #2414
OmniDragon

I don't think SoF will succeed in the end, I see him dead at the end of the series. SoF's utopia world probably not as good as he made it sound.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 19:04   Link #2415
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yeah, from how the battle is turning out, he doesn't care about Crimson Denizens, Flame Haze or humans either. Snakey's probably thinking of a "necessary sacrifice" so that Xanadu becomes a reality. (I think Xanadu requires an unimaginable amount of Power of Existence, perhaps a few hundred or a few THOUSAND times larger than what Friagne required for City Devourer.)

But what I'm more interested about is the things that are going on behind the scenes; Pheles' whereabouts and if Leanan-sidhe was successful in making the Unrestricted Spell she needed to restore her beloved Donato's painting of her.

Old 2010-06-13, 19:23   Link #2416
OmniDragon

Friagne was only using a city where Snake is using the entire world. If Snakes cloning of earth goes bad I see great destruction being unleashed across the earth.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 20:43   Link #2417
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

@Above: SoF's rendition of a Earth 'replica' isn't all that great, as observed in the novel No one likes to share a world with human-eating monsters :O...it will be like Animal Farm all over again.

@Marcus: Yup, they are basically a single entity, with VERY slight difference in their temperaments. And ya, I would really like to know what's happening to Pheles. Apparently, she is still searching for a way to get Johann back. And Sale really makes a cute couple with 'moeblob' Chiara :3

As for the sacrifice bit, if I'm not wrong, SoF had NO visible sacrifice for his descend upon Earth. Weird. Even Asiz has to sacrifice his ability to return to the Crimson World.
Old 2010-06-13, 21:14   Link #2418
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

No, I mean the sheer amount of beings (Crimson, human or Flame Haze) that would die in the middle of the conflict. Plus, if Asiz has to give up something, Snakey should have something to give up as well.

Maybe, the Trinity itself?

Old 2010-06-13, 22:01   Link #2419
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Isn't Snake of the Festival possibly just making a self-satisfying excuse with that creation of a world that doesn't affect the earth or the Crimson Realm? After all, he doesn't seem to possibly be the type to openly voice his true intentions, even to his closest followers.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 22:12   Link #2420
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Even more ironic is the fact that Yuji actually agrees with him.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen