AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 7 10.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 14.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-30, 20:51   Link #81
Texas84
よろしく

I was a teaching assistant in Mathematics at The University of Texas and, yeah, small letters folks. I went grocery shopping today and I couldn't read one of my own entries. It happens. a + b = c, not A + B = C.

But episodes like this are one of the reasons I love anime. The expressions, the personalities, the interaction, and the detail. You could see a student running in the distance out the window. And the pencil just fascinated me. I guess I'm fortunate to be so easily entertained. This episode was basically about nothing and I could watch this every week just because I love the characters. Me and four friends hanging out.
Old 2012-05-30, 20:56   Link #82
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
As said above, the solution might not be the correct one, but one that Houtaro think can satisfy Eru the most.
Well now, ain't that a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I disagree completely with the idea that it would be so highly unlikely that the teacher would make such a mistake. Teachers are human beings. They can forget whom they have taught things to, and they can write sloppily, especially when they are writing a foreign language.

And for a math teacher to use the small letters he is more used to in this informal situation is perfectly reasonable. If he were writing it for others to see, he might be more careful to use capital letters and write them more clearly.

But it is also quite true that this doesn't have to be true, just reasonable enough for Eru to accept it, lol.
Yeah, either way it's just something that I've been leaning towards. Anything's possible if you look at it from the simplest terms, so this is perfectly possible; it just seems rather unlikely, especially from experience. But y'know, whatever. What's important is that the episode worked...and it did.
Old 2012-05-31, 03:07   Link #83
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 6:

- I'd say this episode is more Seinfeld than Yamakans Lucky Star, simply because the conversations are engaging the same way Seinfeld was. The pacing of the episode was good, and everything was kept lively and upbeat. For a cool down episode I thought it was quite well done.

- The title at the end "Little birds can remember" is a reference to Agatha Christie's Elephants Can Remember. Hyouka's author seems to be a fan of Agatha Christie's works, as he does allude to her works more than once.

- I didn't know how much Mayaka was repulsed by Houtarou until this episode when they were talking about the seven deadly sins, and the moment Houtarou opened his mouth Mayaka had the "won't you just shut up already" grimace. I'm sure a lot of people has that kind of person in their life, and every time that person talks, you just want him/her to friggin' zip it. For Mayaka that person is Houtarou.

- Next episode is onsen! I'm expecting Satoshi offering to wash Houtarou's back and making all kinds of homoerotic advances.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-05-31, 03:13   Link #84
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I'm expecting Satoshi offering to wash Houtarou's back and making all kinds of homoerotic advances.
I want this comment framed and put into a comment Hall of Fame.
Old 2012-05-31, 08:28   Link #85
Lilith
Your average fangirl

LOL Agreed papermario13689.

Absolutely loved Houtarou "imagination visuals" with the soul mate and mini Chiis. But seriously, Chitanda was talking normally with Mayaka and Satoshi and when it comes to Houtarou, she plunges her face. Next time maybe we'll have mini Houtarou's screaming "PERSONAL SPACE".
Old 2012-05-31, 15:56   Link #86
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
So good ... man, it has been a while since I enjoyed a series this much ... I think the last on was Tamayura Hitotose. So good.

8/10 vote for ep 6 from me.
Old 2012-06-01, 12:31   Link #87
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
...But seriously, Chitanda was talking normally with Mayaka and Satoshi and when it comes to Houtarou, she plunges her face. Next time maybe we'll have mini Houtarou's screaming "PERSONAL SPACE".
I do see this differently, lol. I expect them to scream: "Personal space! Please come in!!!"
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-06-01, 23:47   Link #88
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really think Kyo-ani should take on a murder mystery/horror next! With little rabbit scene from the previous episode and then the little demon like Chitanda's, would be perfect!

I really liked their artistic approach they are taking, with the theater masks and cookie idea integration. If anything the visuals are the bet treat of all.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:34   Link #89
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I really think Kyo-ani should take on a murder mystery/horror next! With little rabbit scene from the previous episode and then the little demon like Chitanda's, would be perfect!

I really liked their artistic approach they are taking, with the theater masks and cookie idea integration. If anything the visuals are the bet treat of all.
*cough* *cough* Another Hyouka?

...yeah, bad idea.

Then again, the way they make even the most mundane of mysteries sound REALLY mysterious is amazing. It's like saying K-ON can make the most mundane of all events funny. Which is true.
Closed Thread