AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-06-28, 17:09   Link #241
Key Board
Carbon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah let's just ignore what you "dont liked" and only focus on what you like and agree.

i never told which those problem don't exist but "only want to focus on what i want.

again then you really need to only "watch the youtubers or peoples you like and agree and watch all he things and look to twitter because you have a famous korean pin-up artists which already got attacked multiple times and already give up on twitter because she make the characters "too sexy and spice" and even the fat "not fat and uggly enought", you also had a event for pokemon if i'm not wrong, about draw a pokemon character in the way you want, then while everyone from the "side you like to defend" draw the characters in the way they want, be black, be arabian whatever one giu got called for draw a charater "white", because you know you can't draw like that because it's racism and bla bla bla.

or the most last exemple was the female writer of domestical kanojo, whih suffered with death threats from where?? western and most from "USA" funny no??? all because they don't liked the end

before say to me "stop watch something" maybe you can also do the same and actually watch all the things and leave your bubble please, because this is what i like to do, i'm not the type of bubbles" forme all the sides matter not just my narrative.

srry if you like to deny those things then srry i don't want to discuss with you because "agenda" is no my case i'm like to see "all the sides not only the one which is for my agenda", because unlike you for me all lives matter and everyone have they rights to have they own opnion" and not be attacked
Domekano gets death threats because

1) SHIP WARS. Did you not remember the Bleach and Naruto fall out from a few years ago?
2) THAT AUTHOR ALWAYS GETS DEATH THREATS

Something about his story and characters always offend the puritan incel types, because his lead heroines are rarely virgins, and the way his relationship ends are anti traditional. And sometimes dumb people just over invest in fiction.

If you're going to rage at an ideology, you're raging at the wrong one.

I mean fact that you went from Black Lives Matter to "oh no, too much social justice will prosecute Anime tiddies" is already weird.

//
__________________
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. - Thomas Jefferson
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 17:33   Link #242
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Domekano gets death threats because

1) SHIP WARS. Did you not remember the Bleach and Naruto fall out from a few years ago?
2) THAT AUTHOR ALWAYS GETS DEATH THREATS

Something about his story and characters always offend the puritan incel types, because his lead heroines are rarely virgins, and the way his relationship ends are anti traditional. And sometimes dumb people just over invest in fiction.

If you're going to rage at an ideology, you're raging at the wrong one.

I mean fact that you went from Black Lives Matter to "oh no, too much social justice will prosecute Anime tiddies" is already weird.

//
not because it's also a issue, again not only black lives matter but all lives and all peoples opnion and "culture matters",

i've aways been vocal over it, my family heritage come from black and white peoples", the grandfather of my grandfather was as slave which got free an married the daughter of his ex-owner, many of my friend were black or at last "tan" my old brother had the same skin of my grande father wich was almost black (i don't know how it's called in usa), my mother after break with my father had a a "black person" as lover for a long time and it was like a "third father for me (afther my grandfather which was like a father well its a not long history), while we have "racism" here and in some places can be nast overal it' was never a big trouble and we had respect and even my ancestors they never told to they "kids" to "fight violence with violence which is what is happening, while you do "have pacific protests, you also do have "many peoples going crazy and take any chances to distorte reality and make "every cop and action as "racism", you can say, they are "minority" but today in internet and places like twitter which is know as a dumpster of hate nowdays and a lot vocal of polices which are being used to "force they own "vision of right and wrong" at anyone, can easy make that "minorty very loud and "influence others peoples out of fear to be "called istis", which is happening, for exemple many stores which are being destroyed and looted in many cases they owners out of fear to be called racists are "saying which they are fine" with being vandalized and are "thankfull for that" then later go to the authorities asking for actions or to be "receiving a payment or help but they never call the bad peoples actions, bcause again fear.


that is my issue i'm not "agree with this narrative" about only one side is bad or the other side is not "being bad enough" to be called and let's ignore they actions because no offenses "BLM"matter, yeah i agee they matter as much as any other and any person, but it's don't give anyone a pass or right to be as much monster as the peoples they are "calling monsters".

and i'm not rage at a "wrong" if a ideology is trying to censor or trying to be "much ditactor as the other they call then i will rage for sure, because i never gonna agree with this sort of "mindset" were only my "vision" and virtual sign is the right one anything else must be "destroyed".

destroying statues, threatening peoples, looting and destroying stores and others peoples house are bad things "no matter again no offences how much "BLM" (and i'm making sure not talkikng about peoples but the moviment).

like the case were a black guy entered in a restaurant with a megaphone and a baseball bat and started to shout and threatning peoples then the cops come and arrested him(not even used violence), then what happened a riot of peoples attacking and destroying places because "racism", even a democrate politician was caught and beat to down by the peoples he tried to defend, see this is a issue peoples are loosing they mind and now "any action is being see as "racist" and now voice actors in fear of being attacked are back down they roles, because "racism", right??, this is to show how things are scalling and get out of control.

the problem now is which the notion of "racism" become tooo vague and open" and "anything can be racism" specially toward black peoples and the way its being applied is going from "fight against racism to segregation".
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-06-28 at 17:49.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 21:05   Link #243
Key Board
Carbon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I’m just going to repost this to explain why saying “all lives matter or all cultures matter” is part of the problem
Quote:
Imagine if someone said “save the Amazon rainforests”, and I responded with “all trees matter”

Imagine if someone said “save the honeybees”, and I responded with “all pollinators matter”

Imagine if someone said “give our medical workers proper equipment to fight this pandemic”, and I responded with “all occupations should have proper equipment”

In theory I would be correct, but I would also be trying to look away from the elephant in the room
You can’t say all lived matter until black lives matter. Until trans lives matter. Until the lives of people being abused by ICE matter.

Saying all lives matter is saying oh I’m white or a cop and I feel that black people are getting more sympathy now and I don’t like it
__________________
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. - Thomas Jefferson
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 22:46   Link #244
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I’m just going to repost this to explain why saying “all lives matter or all cultures matter” is part of the problem


You can’t say all lived matter until black lives matter. Until trans lives matter. Until the lives of people being abused by ICE matter.

Saying all lives matter is saying oh I’m white or a cop and I feel that black people are getting more sympathy now and I don’t like it
the same can go the other way and is what is happening

Quote:
Imagine if someone said "stop all the hate and culture cancel" and I responde with "blacks lives matter"

imagine if someone say "don't vandalize/destroy public properties and I respond with "black lives matter"

imagine if someone say "don't destroy and loot others peoples properties like stores or even home" and I respond "black lives matter"

as you saying theorically it's right but this don't means which what peoples are doing "is fine and acceptable and we must "ignore, because i'm also trying to look away to this one elephant in the room
you can't go and act as if "only black, trans, gay or whatever "exclusive group want matter, if not "everyone matter and we stop all the "real racism" and hate and don't matter if you are blue, yellow green, black, orange, what is matter is which you are a person and life and is part of the society and have you rights, it's what's matter but this don't give excuses to "close the eyes for others troubles.

For exemple when you talked about those stuffs in japan you forgot things like
strong bully at schools which lead to suicide
death of overwork, because some companies see you as a 'corporative slave and suck all your life

and many others troubles they have which are part of the issue of they "low birth rate" and "diminish", japan by no means is a paradise" and perfect place it have a lot of issues and things to be fixed but this also don't means which we must "destroy and attack they cultures, no matter how much you "hate ecchi" or whatever or others stuffs, they country, they culture you have no rights to say what they must "make" or force your laws over them specially when the law are about "not really problematic issues" which even the womans like is not just "males being sexist or objetification" many females read and like "those hatred stuffs", this is just a exemple but not the main point, but to show "how much all lives matter" you don't feel bad for the parent loosing they childrens like that?? or familie being destroyed because the father or mother died of overwork or the family become desfunctional because of how "crap is the work system"??? that lives don't matter too????

And for me now the new problem which is clear we are seeying rising with all that protests is "segregation", because now "everything is "whitewashing" or blackface or only black peoples must voice black characters, only gay must voice gay (not going to the live action section because it can get very complicated"), the meme i've seeying about "elves" start to look real, we gonna to a point were only a "elf can voice, peoples are getting scared at how things are scalating "bad" in USA because for the worst somehow what happens in USA affect many others places due to that crap "globalism" and even the "bad things" can spread for others places and this is a big issue.


Again if all lives matter we don't need "black lives matter or gay or whatever, because "all lives means all lives" and we must work to make sure its happens.

into my first post i criticized a lot the problem of police being violent was on the side of the protests but as soon things started to "go wrong" and it also started to happens in others places outside usa was when i was "ok" it's no more fine", it's loosing the means now and looks more like peoples acting like savages and if i had that impression i'm pretty sure many others peoples are having too not beause they are ists or whatever but because it's clear no more "just pacific actions" and peoples inside the protests must start to notice it, because otherwise you are fueling trump with the ammo he needs to call the army and pose as a "country hero" for stop the riot and civil war and get more 4 years of election free.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 23:15   Link #245
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 40
You guys, yes both of you. Cut. It. OUT.
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 04:05   Link #246
Cosmic Eagle
北の魔女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
and for the peoples which have told which i'm never go to twitter if what i showed before is not enough here more info
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

many games animes and mangas are being heavy targeted censored or attacked or because of "ecchi/sexual content" or because of "polemic themes like slavery" and it's not only affecting USA but also great part of western and now even japan itself.
then please go yourself to twitter to actually see how it's dumpster fire, full of hate and censorship and specially from "USA" which have they "virtual signs" and things they can censorship whatever they want and have only they culture as "the right thing" and they can free attack others cultures specially now "japan" because japan is "too sexy" ro too racist for western specially USA and it's mean let's force our own culture over then.

And it's only "anime/manga/game side without count even western things and all the "cancell culture which is being heavy supported and peoples being "cancelled even for the small things like, "liking something from someone twitter don't like" and others nasty things but whatever it's seens "fine" for some peoples because "it's the right thing to do and its the person fault to not obey my censorship.

now because of the protests things are escalating in a insane way were "only my vision matters" anyone against that is the "ist" list.
You really overestimate how much Japan relies on the west for their anime/game industry. They'll just export within Asia if things get out of hand. If anything changes in Japan, it's going to change Japanese style according to Japanese local issues so take a chill pill......

Also you realize the current anti racism movement has quite widespread support in Japan yes? But you don't see any Japanese creators self censoring even when they openly support the movement. Why? Because none of the issues you are worried about has anything to do with racism. The whiners are just thin skinned trolls and you'll always have to deal with them if you go onto the Internet. They won't affect demand at all because they are just harassers and not fans/customers. Japan's culture isn't going to bow to a bunch of neurotic people on the web especially when those people can't even be bothered to speak the same language. Artist gets harassed on Twitter? They usually don't even respond and continue posting as usual in their own language (JP/KR/CN, whatever) while their fans comment as usual. The trolls then end up looking ridiculous and ineffectual as a result

BTW, this doesn't just affect Japan. A large number of Westerners claim moral/cultural superiority over everyone else especially with regards to local religions or practice....issues more touchy than pop culture. When they go out of their home turf and be an ass they are quickly taught that colonialism is dead while said locals continue as before. The reverse also happens when Asians and others go to western countries and try to be an annoying preacher. It's called life and is much ado about nothing
__________________

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-06-29 at 05:09.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 04:28   Link #247
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Imagine if someone said save the Amazon rainforests, and I responded with all trees matter

Imagine if someone said save the honeybees, and I responded with all pollinators matter

Imagine if someone said give our medical workers proper equipment to fight this pandemic, and I responded with all occupations should have proper equipment

In theory I would be correct, but I would also be trying to look away from the elephant in the room

NO LIVES MATTER UNTIL BLACK LIVES MATTER
To bring this back... aaaaaaaah, this example. It's the absolute WORST possible comparison for trying the "Black lives Matter" vs "All Lives Matter"

I realize people are just trying to use examples (I've seen the comic the first one is from), but as someone who actually keeps tabs on environmental science, the first two are just bad comparisons:

I can absolutely say that all forests matter. Sure, we're focused on the Amazon Rainforest, but you need many, many more forests in order to combat the hypersaturated amount of CO2 that's in the air. So yes, save all the forests, not just the Amazon.

Honeybees. Yes, they're an important pollinator. But again, they're not the only ones responsible for it. Male mosquitoes, butterflies, and many other insects are also pollinators, and you seriously need pollinators to get much of your grown food. So once again, all pollinators do matter.

Then safety equipment... well, this one I'm not so knowledgeable on. But I can say that all fields should have the proper safety equipment so that workers can do their jobs with very few injuries, preferably none at all.

Again, Twitter and people wanting their catchy buzzwords means that a whole lot of meaning is left behind. If it were up to me, I'd be saying, "All lives do matter, but let's help black people right now." Of course, that's not very catchy.
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 04:49   Link #248
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
To bring this back... aaaaaaaah, this example. It's the absolute WORST possible comparison for trying the "Black lives Matter" vs "All Lives Matter"

I realize people are just trying to use examples (I've seen the comic the first one is from), but as someone who actually keeps tabs on environmental science, the first two are just bad comparisons:
The premise is "This one is in danger right now. Yes, they all need to be saved/matter, but this is the one that's actively in danger."

Quote:
Again, Twitter and people wanting their catchy buzzwords means that a whole lot of meaning is left behind. If it were up to me, I'd be saying, "All lives do matter, but let's help black people right now." Of course, that's not very catchy.
Yes, it is a problem, but it's really more of a problem of people not wanting to look more than skin deep (no pun intended for the topic at hand). They don't want to find out what a slogan means, just react on feelings. Same with sound bytes, article titles, and the like.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 08:01   Link #249
Key Board
Carbon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
That's exactly my point. Thank you.
I don't know WHY it wasn't clear the first time to people.

The Amazon rain-forests are actively in danger because of Bolsonaro's administration
Honeybees are actively in danger because of colony collapse disorder
Medical workers are actively in danger because of PPE shortage, constant dealing with COVID19 and poor government policies.

and we don't need to go over why black lives are actively in danger, yes?
we're not going to be pretend everything is equally at risks, are we?

//
__________________
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. - Thomas Jefferson
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 17:37   Link #250
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
That's exactly my point. Thank you.
I don't know WHY it wasn't clear the first time to people.
If I had to guess it's because of your tendency to use highly generalized statements without any willingness to go into the nuances.
We aren't mind-readers, you have to use words to express your points.

//
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 18:01   Link #251
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
That's exactly my point. Thank you.
I don't know WHY it wasn't clear the first time to people.

The Amazon rain-forests are actively in danger because of Bolsonaro's administration

//
before you "claim about amazon", remember it's a BRAZILIAN territoriy, it's means "a BRAZILIAN issue if others countries could not "take care of they own "forests" and destroyed everything is they fault.

It's not "Bolsonary" yeah you read too much "left jornals", all the issues amazon have are the same as we had before and before over and over, the "fire' , non legal companies "deforesting" it's aways was a problem, because it's not really easy to "guard a huge places" which is not used" because we also have to take care of local indians and others stuffs, i'm not blaming anyones or try to put excuses, but point out which is not a "magical simple solution" and if we are the "only country in the World with enough woods to counter the CO is the others peoples around fault to not take care if they own places and "destroy eveything".

To be clear i'm not a bolsonario follower he does have some really crap stuffs and is a trump supporter, but as US left jornal and politicians are "blaming trump" for the fast spread of corona virus forgetting about how they are "aglomerating without masks in they protests instead of stay at home", the same goes here the jornal and left is blaming everything on bolsonario, even the locust cloud many news started to say which is a bolsonario fault those things happening.


Let's just be clear about those stuffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You really overestimate how much Japan relies on the west for their anime/game industry. They'll just export within Asia if things get out of hand. If anything changes in Japan, it's going to change Japanese style according to Japanese local issues so take a chill pill......

Also you realize the current anti racism movement has quite widespread support in Japan yes? But you don't see any Japanese creators self censoring even when they openly support the movement. Why? Because none of the issues you are worried about has anything to do with racism. The whiners are just thin skinned trolls and you'll always have to deal with them if you go onto the Internet. They won't affect demand at all because they are just harassers and not fans/customers. Japan's culture isn't going to bow to a bunch of neurotic people on the web especially when those people can't even be bothered to speak the same language. Artist gets harassed on Twitter? They usually don't even respond and continue posting as usual in their own language (JP/KR/CN, whatever) while their fans comment as usual. The trolls then end up looking ridiculous and ineffectual as a result

BTW, this doesn't just affect Japan. A large number of Westerners claim moral/cultural superiority over everyone else especially with regards to local religions or practice....issues more touchy than pop culture. When they go out of their home turf and be an ass they are quickly taught that colonialism is dead while said locals continue as before. The reverse also happens when Asians and others go to western countries and try to be an annoying preacher. It's called life and is much ado about nothing
about racism moviment - it's not that true, at last not in the way it is in western, the support is small, you don't have hundred or thousand of peoples at the street and now due to the covid, when it's happening it's cause the opposite effect making local japaneses angered due to peoples at street increasing the "chance of spread the disease", many japanases are getting really upset with this.

And yes some artits are giving up at places like twitter because they get tired of being "marginalized", some already or stopped to post or deleted they account.

A game director just quit tired of all censoship, a japanese gamedev, making games for "japanese" but the constant harassem, even if he don't understand later the "news will pop up for him to explain the harassement.

again the famous exemple is the "female author of the kanojo which already told which will stop of post in twitter because even if she don't understood the fact which she know she being "harassed" and by many times is enough to make her give up, you forget which japaneses are much more "sensitivy" toward bullying due to they natural "bullying issues".

And is not just "few trolls as you make looks, nowadays internet and socail webs like twitter are having a "great power" of influence, and even a small but load enough minority can make enough sound to make many peoples loose they works and even lifes or you just are ignoring the cancel culture???, because you liked that maybe???.

many companies are scared to be "called racist" or whatever "ists", then when you have that crap peoples "trying to cancel someone" they will in many cases automatically "accept" even without any proofs because nowadays is better "cut off first" and only get back later if the person is proof innocent and even if they feel is "good" otherwise the person is doomed even if its a innocent.

As i told currently due to the situation and peoples going crazy the line between what is "racism" or not disappeared on the web and almost anything can be saw as racism a good exemple was now a episde of golden girls which was "removed from the disney plus and hulu because disney get scared about pepoples seeying it as racist because in the episode the characters were using a "mud mask" for face threatment and even if peoples pointed out which it is not "racist" it's show how much now peoples are "scared" and dont know how to react anymore and are going to do anything to not be "canceled.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-06-29 at 19:09.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 23:43   Link #252
Cosmic Eagle
北の魔女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post


about racism moviment - it's not that true, at last not in the way it is in western, the support is small, you don't have hundred or thousand of peoples at the street and now due to the covid, when it's happening it's cause the opposite effect making local japaneses angered due to peoples at street increasing the "chance of spread the disease", many japanases are getting really upset with this.
You confuse rational for small. There's no culture of mass protest/rioting in East Asia except in extremis against oppression like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea etc. Even Japan's student protests back in the 60s are not on the scale of American ones. Otherwise social issues here are dealt with largely through dialogue and the odd scandal/ court case followed by social isolation where something illegal has occured. Just because people do not say anything in public all the time does not mean they support racism. The main issue is translating that view into action in East Asia although the dialogue is increasing as a result of what happens in the West. Not necessarily a bad thing since plenty of silently tolerated issues are now openly questioned.

Don't believe me? Just go do a search through Japanese Twitter. BLM protests has been trending majorly there and support for the movement is overwhelming. They actually went so far as to demonstrate outside the Tokyo US embassy IIRC (obviously in a controlled manner but the point still stands). Of course some people have concerns because of pandemic but that again doesn't mean they don't agree with the principle behind the movement. Regardless, the Japanese movement is much more focused on core issues than the US one. They are not going to cancel anime or wipe out traditions wholesale because of it

Also I think you don't do the US protests justice at all really. The ground sentiment is probably somewhere on par in terms of desperation with HKers in their recent protests. I don't know...I don't live in the US but it does seem people really do feel oppressed (talking about the core group of blacks, activists etc. not anarchists who just hopped on the bandwagon)

Quote:
And yes some artits are giving up at places like twitter because they get tired of being "marginalized", some already or stopped to post or deleted they account.

A game director just quit tired of all censoship, a japanese gamedev, making games for "japanese" but the constant harassem, even if he don't understand later the "news will pop up for him to explain the harassement.
It doesn't matter. They just move on to other platforms where their fans will know where to find them anyway. Minori for example literally blocked all non-JP IP addresses from their webpage and it didn't really affect them. They only closed shop recently because of falling domestic demand for their stuff in Japan.

Quote:
again the famous exemple is the "female author of the kanojo which already told which will stop of post in twitter because even if she don't understood the fact which she know she being "harassed" and by many times is enough to make her give up, you forget which japaneses are much more "sensitivy" toward bullying due to they natural "bullying issues".
That's the nature of the Internet. If it isn't SJWs, it's shippers, stalkers, nutjobs etc....The list is endless. The most you can do is make a police report if you are concerned about personal safety and block the person.

Quote:
And is not just "few trolls as you make looks, nowadays internet and socail webs like twitter are having a "great power" of influence, and even a small but load enough minority can make enough sound to make many peoples loose they works and even lifes or you just are ignoring the cancel culture???, because you liked that maybe???.
Again, you give them more credit than they are due. Bunch of foreigners babbling in some language they barely understand won't make locals change their attitudes especially when what they are ranting is incoherent.

You only see this way because you spend too long on English Internet.

You know what actually has this power? Chinese trolls. Because they are implicitly/openly state backed and the entire global economy kisses China's ass these days. But even then there's growing resistance to them. Western/Eng speaking SJWs are nothing in comparison.

Quote:
many companies are scared to be "called racist" or whatever "ists", then when you have that crap peoples "trying to cancel someone" they will in many cases automatically "accept" even without any proofs because nowadays is better "cut off first" and only get back later if the person is proof innocent and even if they feel is "good" otherwise the person is doomed even if its a innocent.
Again, perhaps you should take a trip out of the anglosphere once travel reopens and see more of the world. It's really not like that at all. It only seems that way on English Internet.

There are a lot of legit social issues here in Asia including those that western culture is concerned with but the latter are generally dealt with in a less irrational manner here. There's activism and dialogue but you will rarely see stores attacked/boycotted or people threatened unless they did something blatantly asshole-ish.


In short you are really over-reacting in your belief that the western cultural issues will destroy local cultures. Just because the West has a more....dynamic....take on actions does not mean everywhere else is the same. In fact it's also catalyzing long needed self-analysis of local issues and renewal in Asian cultures which will actually help them grow in the long run. You can't just take what you see in English/ west-dominated places and then paste it wholesale everywhere else
__________________

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-06-30 at 00:35.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 01:35   Link #253
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You confuse rational for small. There's no culture of mass protest/rioting in East Asia except in extremis against oppression like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea etc. Even Japan's student protests back in the 60s are not on the scale of American ones. Otherwise social issues here are dealt with largely through dialogue and the odd scandal/ court case followed by social isolation where something illegal has occured. Just because people do not say anything in public all the time does not mean they support racism. The main issue is translating that view into action in East Asia although the dialogue is increasing as a result of what happens in the West. Not necessarily a bad thing since plenty of silently tolerated issues are now openly questioned.

Don't believe me? Just go do a search through Japanese Twitter. BLM protests has been trending majorly there and support for the movement is overwhelming. They actually went so far as to demonstrate outside the Tokyo US embassy IIRC (obviously in a controlled manner but the point still stands). Of course some people have concerns because of pandemic but that again doesn't mean they don't agree with the principle behind the movement. Regardless, the Japanese movement is much more focused on core issues than the US one. They are not going to cancel anime or wipe out traditions wholesale because of it

Also I think you don't do the US protests justice at all really. The ground sentiment is probably somewhere on par in terms of desperation with HKers in their recent protests. I don't know...I don't live in the US but it does seem people really do feel oppressed (talking about the core group of blacks, activists etc. not anarchists who just hopped on the bandwagon)
And my issue is which exactly the anachists are taking advantage and get a pass and provocking more peoples to go with then, because of all the "current hate and fear", as i told the diference between "true racism" and my vision of racism" become blur to a point were everything is being see as racism because loud peoples are using the "local histery and formented hate" for that.
i feel which i forget to say which that part was more form the "foregins living in japan many from specially "USA" are trying to pull the some "mass protest in japan as in USA which is again also upset many local japaneses because of the covid, this is a big issue, were in japan i agree with you the locals just use the web to show they protest which for now is the "right way" if you want to live another day to keep protesting or want your family or neighborns, not go in the streets and cause some "riot" or fear.

Quote:
It doesn't matter. They just move on to other platforms where their fans will know where to find them anyway. Minori for example literally blocked all non-JP IP addresses from their webpage and it didn't really affect them. They only closed shop recently because of falling domestic demand for their stuff in Japan.
basically you are trying to ignore many actions clear showing external places affecting japan and the game/anime/manga culture, if its not enough you have sony were basically almost every "japan sony game get censored or not being send overboard because of "USA" and the senstive peoples making "others places unable to acess those games agian because "usa" or as you told in also nowadays china, now is pulling the finger about what leaves japan and even in some cases as the senhan kagura game the game dev give up, we also had the controverse of the last of us 2 were "usa sony" didn't "censor" as they do with japaneses games like dmc some "spice scenes" because "diversity give a pass", basically is almost like sony is no more "a unique company we have 2 sonys which are not anymore working together and at anytime USA sony would 'break with japan".

A much better exemple is square enix, which in FF7 remake "changed tifa to "fit" american standarts and it not was just for "usa but even japan and many japaneses complained not only "western" and to be clear not only "male but females and its just a exemple others games of square enix are being "made to fit more the USA desires also in some cases china but you get the idea, want another exemple or old capcom and all the resident evils remake, were female characters had they "outfits changed" to again "fit usa narrative" and to be clear when i say "USA" i'm not saying which is something from the whole contry and everyone is a sjw or puritan or feminist you had a lot of usa fans from that franchises and not only male but females angered too, but to show how the "new ideology is afecting games not only from "usa" but japan, the only company today which stay true to themselfs to be fair is cd red project which do whateve they want without give a shit to those "stuffs", but it's clear starting to affect japaneses, because nowdays with the birth rates decrease+ school bully suicides+ deaths from overwork and less japaneses want to "marry" is making the japanese interal market "decrease" making japan goes more and more overboard and depends more on china and "western market" which is a big issue making then be forced to make "changes in some stuffs".

Quote:
That's the nature of the Internet. If it isn't SJWs, it's shippers, stalkers, nutjobs etc....The list is endless. The most you can do is make a police report if you are concerned about personal safety and block the person.
it's a pretty "toxic nature" which no ones try to stop or when try is like "this side is blocked but this one we allow because they are aligned with my ideology and get a pass which is a big issue


Quote:
Again, you give them more credit than they are due. Bunch of foreigners babbling in some language they barely understand won't make locals change their attitudes especially when what they are ranting is incoherent.
if it was really not affecting then, them they would had no reason to block/ban/leave those places, they would really "just ignore as you told" but again is not exactly what is happening.

Quote:
You only see this way because you spend too long on English Internet.
to be fair i also try to see some "japaneses stuffs" like japaneses youtube channels some "japaneses jornals like
https://www.nippon.com/en/

and while indeed they don't make that super drama soap opera in some cases they indeed pass the message which indeed western, specially USA is start to have more impact over japan and the culture of course still being a "slow process" but the more "imigrants come from specially USA the more it's start to impact japan, as you told even tokio is considered a great exemple of city heavy affected by "western culture" when i look to that sources, were more and more peoples are getting more in USA culture and less in japan.

Quote:
You know what actually has this power? Chinese trolls. Because they are implicitly/openly state backed and the entire global economy kisses China's ass these days. But even then there's growing resistance to them. Western/Eng speaking SJWs are nothing in comparison.
this i agree which also indeed china also is get a great "hand over japan" specially companies like "tensent", recently we have a my hero academy game canceled because of the controversy over the vilian name, because if i'm not wrong the studio which was making the game was controlled b tensent and also if i'm not wrong while they still don't have a seat on.. well i forge the name but is one of the groups which works on what can be made in the pop culture, like anime games manga tv and bla bla bla, while they still don't have a "legal seat" they start to "invest" in some stocks from some channels and those groups to be able to start to have a say, as they did around the world, indeed china is slowlly taking over the world with they "agressive business and "man powers".

And as you told everyone is licking they as** specially now with the covid, were everything started in china but everyone just "ignore that" and act as if china is the great savior of mankind, while they are take advantage of the "market" of stuffs as mask, rrespirators selling then a high prices and in many cases with low quality, many of the stuffs we had bought from then come with issues and for a high price and peoples just ignoring this.


Again, perhaps you should take a trip out of the anglosphere once travel reopens and see more of the world. It's really not like that at all. It only seems that way on English Internet.

Quote:
There are a lot of legit social issues here in Asia including those that western culture is concerned with but the latter are generally dealt with in a less irrational manner here. There's activism and dialogue but you will rarely see stores attacked/boycotted or people threatened unless they did something blatantly asshole-ish.
yeah i see a lot of stuffs which i would love to see being really fixed but the problem is which most of the times they are just "talked" then ignored, like the bullying which just keep getting worst each years and the govern does almost nothing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
it's not new and pretty old but "it's really feel like almost nothing is really being done, the same goes for the overwork and others japaneses issues which are there for "years" and you see really almost nothing changed toward those stuffs, which being someone which love the culture and the peoples i would really love to see it really being proper adressed and not just ignored or being done "little".

[quote
In short you are really over-reacting in your belief that the western cultural issues will destroy local cultures. Just because the West has a more....dynamic....take on actions does not mean everywhere else is the same. In fact it's also catalyzing long needed self-analysis of local issues and renewal in Asian cultures which will actually help them grow in the long run. You can't just take what you see in English/ west-dominated places and then paste it wholesale everywhere else[/QUOTE]

to be honest i would love to agree with you on that about this but i really can't not because i just see "western news" but because indeed how the "crazy things are spreading around the "world" make hard to not get scared, just a exemple the "let's destroy status" already come to my country and you already have a really small minority already start to shouting it and goes beyond not just "racsist statues" but for exemple because a guy i don't remeber if "from england or usa" well know activist started to shout for peoples to destroy "jesus christ" statues we already have some "crazy peoples" talking about remove our big chist statue from rio de janeiro", ofcourse its some really small crazy minority but remember the old say you just need a small light of fire to start a big burn, just act in the right time with the right peoples which is what happens in places like twitter and some "jornals like kotako, ign and others were you have activists jornalists, which loves to distort news to match they narrative or create "some narrative" using key words like racism, homophobia and others.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 07:16   Link #254
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I’m going to have to step in and request that any discussion not related to the thread title needs to be moved to another (or its own) thread.
__________________
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 17:47   Link #255
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Thank God.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 19:34   Link #256
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
after the attack at pawn patrol and te "cops hunt" here the new victims and how problematic are super heroes becuase they are "cops with caps"
https://time.com/5857064/defunding-p...roes-onscreen/

Another thing which i do feel very interesting regards the protests:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-07-01 at 01:17.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-01, 17:08   Link #257
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
the chad occupation finaly ended "after they invaded the mayor house" , she finally called the local force to finish it, after many cases o violence, drugs and rape happening inside the "pacific" paradise, but only because they go too far after invading her house
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 18:45   Link #258
Key Board
Carbon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
"Society is a contract, and the contract is broken"



//
__________________
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. - Thomas Jefferson
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-07, 12:40   Link #259
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
this is why i love terry crews

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

and why cnn along fox news and others are really trash news only for 'agenda" and polices not really "news".
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-08, 19:38   Link #260
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
woman working for guild's wars false accuse a white guy of white supremacist and use a car to assalt protestors
https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...lm-protestors/

terry crews being "attacked" for point some "issues" with the protests".
https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...-lives-matter/

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
https://anthonyblogan.com/black-mili...anta-violence/

that is disgusting,more crap happening and "true innocent" peoples getting the end of stick because of all that crazy peoples due to that moviment which for me already lost it's means since "it's killing black peoples" too or puting "black peoples lives" in danger or threat because they "didin't agree with something about the moviment, this is really "about black lives matter"????.

this is for me anymore just about black lives matter but clear hatefull peoples trying to "make some chaos" and become the new "supremacists" at this pointing using the power of internet to force anyone to "obey" they desires.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.