AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 22 34.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 34.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-20, 01:17   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Flash Casting too OP, to be able to cast by just conjuring from memory, bypassing activation sequences and the need of a CAD.
Old 2014-07-20, 02:50   Link #42
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So the duel between Tatsuya and Masaki ends with a literal snap of a finger?

Seriously, they're just firing guns at a distance without going toe-to-toe until Tatsuya feign dead and get back up again using his regeneration magic! I think it needs more gun-fu, but no...
Old 2014-07-20, 03:04   Link #43
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post

Seriously, they're just firing guns at a distance without going toe-to-toe until Tatsuya feign dead and get back up again using his regeneration magic! I think it needs more gun-fu, but no...
How didn't they go toe-to-toe? They fired at each other using magic the entire time. Going in up close wouldn't have really changed anything significantly. It's not like they can physically brawl.
Old 2014-07-20, 03:18   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I mean both Ichijo and Mayumi both said he used an illegal spell. After the whole 'Battering Ram incident' I would think they would've disqualified 3rd high and ended the match right there. Letting it continue AFTER an illegal spell was used was very bad for the judges.
Tatsuya getting up like that meant that Masaki's spell wasn't that strong. (To people who don't know about Tatsuya's regen.)
Old 2014-07-20, 03:25   Link #45
IceHism

Quote:

there is no feign dead, the regeneration all happened in less than a second. It's faster than human's cognitive speed according to fujibayashi and yamanaka.
Old 2014-07-20, 03:36   Link #46
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Either feigning dead or not, Tatsuya is ready to injure himself (and get regenerated) to get closer to Masaki's blind spot. That's what I think!

Now then, I wonder what will No-Head Dragons do next? I feel that they should step out of their hiding and kill some people, like a typical terrorist organization!
Old 2014-07-20, 03:40   Link #47
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Either feigning dead or not, Tatsuya is ready to injure himself (and get regenerated) to get closer to Masaki's blind spot. That's what I think!
Hmm what? If he was ready to get injured, why did he try his hardest to dismantle every single one of the spells Ichijou shot out? Not to mention the fact that he never got into Ichijou's blind spot. He was visible to him the entire time. Oh, and getting injured did not grant him an advantage whatsoever.

Quote:
Now then, I wonder what will No-Head Dragons do next? I feel that they should step out of their hiding and kill some people, like a typical terrorist organization!
Only that they aren't a terrorist organisation but a crime syndicate.
Old 2014-07-20, 04:15   Link #48
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Something that hasn't been mentioned I think, very interesting what Miyuki means by that she's among the ranks of those who have imposed a limit on Tatsuya's abilities. We know that he can't use some of the lethal spells because of the competition restrictions, but this goes even beyond. What Miyuki suggests is that there is another limit placed directly on Tatsuya's magic and that she's partly responsible for that. So, officially Tatsuya is Miyuki's bodyguard. But could that bodyguard duty also be a way to keep Tatsuya on a leash, as a means of control?
Hmm, what's this about Miyuki set a limit on Tatsuya, is this mentioned in the Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Tatsuya getting up like that meant that Masaki's spell wasn't that strong. (To people who don't know about Tatsuya's regen.)
Even Mayumi know it was illegal moves, I bet the official also know about it.
Old 2014-07-20, 04:27   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Even Mayumi know it was illegal moves, I bet the official also know about it.
She saw a big boom, but unlike Tatsuya, she can't identify a spell and its strength just by looking at its activation sequence. It looked impressive, and being from First High, she wants to call foul. But a more neutral observer could easily conclude that since it didn't hurt Tatsuya, it had more flash than substance.
Old 2014-07-20, 04:29   Link #50
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Hmm, what's this about Miyuki set a limit on Tatsuya, is this mentioned in the Anime?
This episode 03:56 to 04:10.
Old 2014-07-20, 05:24   Link #51
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And now we learn that Tatsuya can use magic without a CAD... Much faster than anyone would be able to WITH one... AND he can lip-read? His OP'ness knows no bounds.

I wonder if flash casting is also how he no sells cast jamming.
Old 2014-07-20, 06:14   Link #52
Domonkazu

Flash cast, does it mean that his status as course 2 student is bogus?
because he can cast anything faster than anyone with it.
Old 2014-07-20, 06:26   Link #53
Ickarium

Not bogus, exactly.

Basically, the educational system measures various things like how you interface with a CAD and 'complete' the sequence in your subconscious and other stuff. This is mentioned around the time of Hattori's fight.

Issue is, Tatsuya sucks at that, because of reasons. He seriously does. He has flash cast, but from what he told Mizuki, he can only do it with sequences with processes up to five or six in number.

It's actually interesting, because it parallels real world educational stuff. Education loves to test things, and loves to compartmentalize. While this sort of thing is necessary, a lot of educators grow really dogmatic and forget that this testing is imperfect.

In the Mahouka world, they test certain things and don't take into account other things, and thus Tatsuya, who's actually really talented in his own way (able to deal with multiple variables, which isn't tested according to him during the Hattori bout) is labeled a failure.
Old 2014-07-20, 08:34   Link #54
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
Flash cast, does it mean that his status as course 2 student is bogus?
because he can cast anything faster than anyone with it.
Flash Cast is a small number of limited effect skills directly written into his body. This came up several episodes ago when Mizuki called him out on it and he explained the limitations of it. Unlike CAD based casting, he can only Flash Cast one of the limited number of spells that is hardwired into his body, and the effectiveness of them is extremely limited.

Note that for all the noise Tatsuya's attack made, it only incapacitated Masaki because he was a mere inch away from him. Even at arm's length, Tatsuya suffered a ruptured ear drum but was otherwise unharmed. Everyone else was effectively only irritated by his spell.
Old 2014-07-20, 09:08   Link #55
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTIA View Post
Flash Cast is a small number of limited effect skills directly written into his body. This came up several episodes ago when Mizuki called him out on it and he explained the limitations of it. Unlike CAD based casting, he can only Flash Cast one of the limited number of spells that is hardwired into his body, and the effectiveness of them is extremely limited.

Note that for all the noise Tatsuya's attack made, it only incapacitated Masaki because he was a mere inch away from him. Even at arm's length, Tatsuya suffered a ruptured ear drum but was otherwise unharmed. Everyone else was effectively only irritated by his spell.
According to this episode, flash casting is memory casting, he draws up the sequences from memory, bypassing activation and the need for CAD. They never said anything about it being a few set of spells ingrained into his body.
Old 2014-07-20, 09:29   Link #56
pampz21
ShipCore

Well basically in 1st high curriculum,Tatsuya sucks....
but if you put him in 4th high who specialized in engineering and theory or 3th high who specialized in combat; He's GOD(So does Erika, Miki, Mizuki,Leo-even if he's the stupidest guy in the group)!~ Basically they went in the wrong school to begin with~!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-07-20, 09:32   Link #57
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
According to this episode, flash casting is memory casting, he draws up the sequences from memory, bypassing activation and the need for CAD. They never said anything about it being a few set of spells ingrained into his body.
In the prologue of episode five Tatsuya said he can bypass activation sequences for basic spells, but is limited to five functions. Given the nature of flash cast, it is logical to see it as the same as the ability described in episode five.
Old 2014-07-20, 10:23   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even if he wasn't lying, all he said was that he was limited to 5-step spells, not that he only had five spells.
Old 2014-07-20, 11:00   Link #59
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Well basically in 1st high curriculum,Tatsuya sucks....
but if you put him in 4th high who specialized in engineering and theory or 3th high who specialized in combat; He's GOD(So does Erika, Miki, Mizuki,Leo-even if he's the stupidest guy in the group)!~ Basically they went in the wrong school to begin with~!
The curriculum is probably pretty standard between all schools. Though certain schools may have specializations on top of that.
Old 2014-07-20, 13:08   Link #60
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
In the prologue of episode five Tatsuya said he can bypass activation sequences for basic spells, but is limited to five functions. Given the nature of flash cast, it is logical to see it as the same as the ability described in episode five.
Considering he has shown to use insanely high level spells, far more than just 5 or less sequences, his limitations is based on the standard activation of methods, the way everyone else does it. But with flash casting, he's much more capable. He also normally use customized high spec CADs, like the silver horn to speed up his natural casting.

Flash Casting is a different beast, that only one in a billion are capable of. It shouldn't be compared to standard casting.
Closed Thread