3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-07-04, 01:26   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

High School DxD Hero - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD Hero, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 02:41   Link #2
B214

The haunted house of Gremory became the slapping house for Hyoudou Issei.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 02:41   Link #3
Deathraptor2016

Amazing way to end an great season

These hero with Infinite passion, Never-ending knowledge, Incredible prowess, Towering resolve, Hardy adaptability, and Natural resilience, always overcome great odd.
Deathraptor2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 04:51   Link #4
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Having that epic battle between Sairaorg and Issei, plus his love confession by saying Rias' name, was a good way to end this season. Seriously, High School DxD HERO improved a lot from the previous season, even though Passione did the adaptation instead of TNK.

Now then, I'll have to wait for the announcement of the 5th Season.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 05:31   Link #5
drastix9
anti-social freaks

If only They put Azazel's commentary for more lulz and tsukkomi reaction from Issei. But well Passione delivered and settled the fight with Cyruorg nicely. The confession is done okay.

And last but not least, it's great that They include Indra's scene as well in the end.
drastix9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 07:33   Link #6
Lucidrago

^Sairaorg.

And if there are any anime-only people on here, I can provide information on some of the info they skipped over or never really explained fully in the series. Like basic knowledge regarding DxD like the Sacred Gears and the Three Factions. So if anyone's interested, just ask me.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 07:59   Link #7
drastix9
anti-social freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
^Sairaorg.

And if there are any anime-only people on here, I can provide information on some of the info they skipped over or never really explained fully in the series. Like basic knowledge regarding DxD like the Sacred Gears and the Three Factions. So if anyone's interested, just ask me.
During one of DxD's cast stream, Sairaorg's romanization is written Cyruorg Bael. So unless They change it in the future, it's the first ever official spelling of the character. Much like how We changed Zenovia to Xenovia back then or Phenex to Phoenix.

Last edited by drastix9; 2018-07-04 at 08:41.
drastix9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 11:07   Link #8
Bigmac

Great episode. I really liked how they expanded the confession scene so we got that kiss.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 11:13   Link #9
Lex79

The only bad thing of this episode is that it's the last. The fight was intense, Cardinal Crimson Queen was awesome, the confession was hearthwarming. Really, really good as a season finale.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 12:25   Link #10
Sparda4
Dark Knight

The fight was M-E-T-A-L! The fact that CCP's wings look like divine Dividing's only in crimson is SUCH a nice touch. Sairaorg STILL standing after that monstrous of a beating goes to show how absurd this guy is. Issei finally saying Rias' name really had some emotion behind it. For what i'm about to say i blame the author. That kiss SHOULD have happened. It would have been an awesome ending.
Old 2018-07-04, 13:28   Link #11
Lucidrago

The fight was pretty 'meh' to me. The confession was what really got me. That was wonderful. The fight was solid and good.

Sairaorg's mother waking up and Sairaorg's reaction to it was the best though.

And all supernatural mothers= EXTREME MILFs.
Old 2018-07-04, 13:47   Link #12
BWTraveller
Born to ship

What the heck is wrong with those two girls? Up to now at least they'd had reasons for their rebukes and punishments, and even showed a willingness to appreciate him as a man (like how they squealed when it was revealed he had a high-quality package). Now they're going for preemptive punishment without him having committed any crime? Just makes me wish all the more for a hypothetical I thought of, where he eventually saves them and ultimately has to resurrect them as part of his peerage, and them dealing with the fact that they're now his servants and owe him a life-debt.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 13:48   Link #13
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

This was just a great ending to a great season. The fight and confession were perfect. I hope now for season 5.

Last edited by Kamijou Touma IB; 2018-12-16 at 17:36.
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 14:45   Link #14
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
What the heck is wrong with those two girls? Up to now at least they'd had reasons for their rebukes and punishments, and even showed a willingness to appreciate him as a man (like how they squealed when it was revealed he had a high-quality package). Now they're going for preemptive punishment without him having committed any crime? Just makes me wish all the more for a hypothetical I thought of, where he eventually saves them and ultimately has to resurrect them as part of his peerage, and them dealing with the fact that they're now his servants and owe him a life-debt.
Nah, don't take those girls seriously. Not only are they just anime original characters, but they also serve nothing for the plot and only act as gag characters.

@Luci. The fight was meh? It's by far the best fight scene in all DxD's fight scenes ever produced. I mean come on Vali vs Issei in season 2 was just a few punches here and there with stand still frame and the same thing can be said to Isse vs Riser back in season 1, although season 1 fight scenes were more fluid than season 2. Lets not even bring up the abomination called "BORN".
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 15:07   Link #15
ImperialFlameGod8190

I share opinions of a few people. The fight wasn't great all things considered (though from years
of DBZ and Naruto among others something like that doesn't give me the Wow factor.

The confession was nice and the Rias eyecatch was beautiful.

That being said it's almost painful when you see supernatural issei and the one within school. The girls want to attack him and the two girls saying he'd rape them is nuts and almost painful.

@Royalknight. Was it the best fight of the series yes but that says more about the series then anything else

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 15:27   Link #16
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I share opinions of a few people. The fight wasn't great all things considered (though from years
of DBZ and Naruto among others something like that doesn't give me the Wow factor.

The confession was nice and the Rias eyecatch was beautiful.

That being said it's almost painful when you see supernatural issei and the one within school. The girls want to attack him and the two girls saying he'd rape them is nuts and almost painful.

@Royalknight. Was it the best fight of the series yes but that says more about the series then anything else
Errr wait, did you just compare DxD to high budget anime ? And heck even most of the times both dragon ball and Naruto had a subpar fight scene animation despite a much higher budget.

Then you just admitted that this new studio has made a lot of improvements when it comes to fight scenes despite lack of manpower and budget
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 15:38   Link #17
Lucidrago

@Royalknight They did very good with what they had to work with. But still feel that the fight was meh. Better than the fights in the previous season. It wasn't those fights themselves but the serious and tense atmosphere TNK gave them that made them stand out, not the fight itself. Issei vs Sairaorg trumps those.

But still, this fight was good in my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2018-07-04, 16:44   Link #18
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Errr wait, did you just compare DxD to high budget anime ? And heck even most of the times both dragon ball and Naruto had a subpar fight scene animation despite a much higher budget.

Then you just admitted that this new studio has made a lot of improvements when it comes to fight scenes despite lack of manpower and budget

Uhh not at all. I'm pointing out that growing up on Naruto and DBZ means if you wanna really get me with fight scenes you gotta do a lil more then a fist fight.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 17:12   Link #19
Sparda4
Dark Knight

To me this fist fight had more emotinal weight. Every punch and sound effect accompanying it had that weight of their dreams being on the line. For Sairaorg especially. The dude REFUSED to topple over. That's how i view it.
Old 2018-07-04, 19:36   Link #20
Lucidrago

@Sparda Are you saying that as someone who simply watched the anime fight or someone who read the light novels?