AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-08, 10:49   Link #1
esmon

Question Popular animes?

Im finding some anime that has 100+ episodes. Something like Yu-Gi-Oh , Bleach , Naruto , Yu Yu Hakusho , One Piece , Prince Of Tennis and Slam Dunk. Is there any other anime that is really popular except for these? I can accecpt any genre except for Racing.As for dragonball , is it nice? My friends asked me to watch it but I thought that it is bad. So any reccomendations?
Old 2009-09-08, 11:06   Link #2
Aqua Knight

D.Gray-man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Perfectly fits
Old 2009-09-08, 11:14   Link #3
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmon View Post
As for dragonball , is it nice?
It's the quintessential shonen anime, for good or bad. If you like action, young boys/men proving themselves, wanting to get stronger, protect other, etc, you'll like dragonball.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-09-08, 11:19   Link #4
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Gintama
Eyeshield 21

Old 2009-09-08, 12:48   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Dragonball would feel old for you right now, but in fact every popular shounen mangaka has a small Dragonball shrine in their studio (i.e. Dragonball themes and concepts are regularly used).
If you liked Yu-gi-oh you could always check out the GX version, as for the rest...most anime stop at one or two seasons (24-52 episodes).
Some of the best action anime include:
Code GEASS (RR included)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Soul Eater
Death Note

Although they're rather small for your taste (37-51 episodes) they're not your average anime.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:22   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well.... lets see, we can always go with some of the old classics (you said any genre but racing right? So that means no Speed Racer):

Starblazers

Ranma 1/2

Touch

Maison Ikkoku

Kimagure Orange Road

Inuyasha

and of course: Dragonball (If you like Naruto I don't see why you wouldn't like Dragonball)

If you are looking for newer popular anime then I would list: (Note that many newer anime have gone to having fewer episodes)

Fullmetal Alchemist 51 episodes

Full Metal Panic 48 episodes after including all seasons

Soul Eater 51 episodes

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya What can I say, it's a mad, mad world.

Ah My Goddess

Cross Game is planned to have 51 episodes

There are probably more.

Some ending points however. Popularity and number of episodes are not necessarily the same thing, and popularity and quality are not always the same thing either. You might be missing out on some really enjoyable anime if you limit yourself to long running shows.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:40   Link #7
qwertyuiopz

gintama
d.gray man
katekyo hitman reborn
Old 2009-09-08, 20:42   Link #8
othera

Dragon ball is well worth watching to be honest, though I gave up on it now it is something which I remember enjoying

Code Geass and Death Note to, They are about 40 eps each(Code geass 24/25, 2 seasons and cant remember death note) both of these are highly popular
Old 2009-09-08, 21:36   Link #9
esmon

Oh. Touch is quite nice to me, so is D.Gray Man , Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn and Ranma 1/2. So I'll try for Dragon Ball. Gintama is funny too. Something like Hajime no Ippo, where there is comedy , action and romance.Tsubasa Chronicals.. is another anime that my friend reccomended. But I don't know whether its good or not. I've watched the amv and it quite attracted to me. So how do you guys rate it?. So any more reccomendations?
Old 2009-09-08, 21:42   Link #10
qwertyuiopz

theres hayate the combat butler and 2nd season is ongoing but i havent watched it so i cant say anything
Old 2009-09-09, 08:18   Link #11
esmon

Hmm.. Hayate eh.. I watched till 39 episode and I dropped it out. The comedy I wanted is something like Hajime no Ippo. I don't want kids 1. Something like being run over like car or truck is exactly what I don't want. I want comedy in language. GTO is quite nice. The faces Onizuka made are funny as hell. Hmm, wait. I've got a question. What is Abridged series and what is Shounen and Slice of Life? I like both of the genres but I don't know what is the meaning of it.
Old 2009-09-09, 08:38   Link #12
wkd

Shounen is demographic not genre ... it basicly mens its ment for teenage boys and it could be any genre like action, romance ... most shounen series are action/comedy like naruto/bleach ...

Slice of life ... basicly slice of life series show how characters live and interact ... its not focused on plot or development ... high school romance series are best examples of it

I never heard of abridged so I can't explain you that one.
Old 2009-09-09, 09:10   Link #13
Albafica
Pisces no saint

You must watch two classic shonen anime (for me):

-Dragon Ball

-Saint Seiya

These animes are really famous in Japan (well in France, it's the case too).

There is City Hunter which have more than 100 episodes too.
Old 2009-09-09, 11:46   Link #14
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I think "abridged series" are fan made parodies of series.

Unless you mean the recent re-release of Dragonball which has reduced the filler and "power-up" scenes while preserving the story line. That would be a more correct usage of the word abridged.

If you want comedy in language you might try something like Lucky Star but be warned the first couple episodes consist of the main character sitting around discussing the proper way to eat a a pastry.
Closed Thread