AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 03:20   Link #1
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Stitch! (Madhouse X Walt Disney)

...There's no topic yet. That kind of surprises me.

Anyways, for those in the dark, there will be a Lilo and Stitch anime spin-off, tentatively titled Stitch!. Disney is teaming up with our favorite studio, Madhouse, in order to create this project. The series will take place on a fictional island located off-shore of Japan, where Stitch will meet a girl named Hanako. The series is scheduled to air in October, 2008. The channel details, other than it will eventually air on Disney Channel (of) Japan, as well as additional information has not be announced. More information will be revealed come TAF2008.

For proof concerning the information can be found here.

From what it looks like, Disney intends to create the property for Japan, with a possible outlook of releasing it in other Asian regions. No mention of any intentions of releasing in Western Markets.

EDIT: Might as well post the available information on the first post -

Quote:
Staff

Planning: Masao Maruyama
Producer: Yasuteru Iwase, Satoru Yoshimoto
Series Composition: Shoji Yonemura, Yuuko Kakihara
Director: Masami Hata
Animation Production: Madhouse
Production: TV Tokyo, Madhouse, Walt Disney

Cast (Voice Actors)

Stitch: Koichi Yamadera
Yuuna: Motoko Kumai
Jumba: Shozo Iizuka
Pleakley: Yuji Mitsuya
Obaa: Hisako Kyoda
Kijimuna: Kappei Yamaguchi

Theme Songs

Opening Song

Ichariba Ohana by BEGIN

Ending Song

Izayoi Yoi by BEGIN

Official Websites:

TV Tokyo's Stitch!
Disney Channel's Stitch! Homepage

Last edited by ChibiGoku; 2008-09-28 at 06:47.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:33   Link #2
FireChick

I have a question. If "Stitch!" is an anime now, why isn't it listed on Anime News Network?

Also, the cast is revealed.

Stitch - Kouichi Yamadera
Yuna/Hanako - Motoko Kumai
Jumba - Shozo Iizuka
Pleakley - Yuji Mitsuya
Obaa - Hisako Kyoda
Kijimuna - Kappei Yamaguchi (I met him at Otakon!)
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 02:29   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I have a question. If "Stitch!" is an anime now, why isn't it listed on Anime News Network?
Click the link in the quote...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
For proof concerning the information can be found here.
Old 2008-09-01, 03:19   Link #4
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Click the link in the quote...
Actually, what he was saying is why isn't there an anime entry in the Encylopedia on the site. I've been wondering about that too, especially since I've tried to submit one but nothing seems to have happened. What's funny is everything else that's been announced on the site has had an entry added for, but Stitch! seems to not have anything...

Quite frankly, that bugs me.
Old 2008-10-15, 18:22   Link #5
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Has this been subbed yet?
Old 2008-10-15, 21:44   Link #6
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
LOL.. Lilo has been made into anime-loli than cartoonish loli. Not that I'm complaining.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:00   Link #7
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

It's being subbed, but I'm still not sure if Animesuki is going to list it or not.
Old 2008-10-16, 00:10   Link #8
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
It's pretty good stuff. I've watched RAW versions of the first two episodes.

As I past fan of the Lilo and Stitch and someone who watched the series, this is a vast improvement. All of the seiyuus seem to fit really well with their roles, with the exception of Stitch. It's kind of awkward to here him speak so much Japanese. Koichi is good, but I don't think you can beat Chris Sanders.

Also, I believe Hamsterviel is voiced by Daisuke Sakaguchi. Just a guess.

Tieing in with the canon of the series, I do believe that they will allow other experiments. I've seen posters with a couple of them on there and there's a good chance they are activated already. 625/Reuben was with Gantu in the first episode. And in the last part of the first episode, Stitch has a daydream of ruling the world with Angel by his side.

It feels like it will be episodic since you have to perform 42-44 good deeds for the thing to work, but I'm not sure if this will be like the series and will try to wedge morals into at every chance. And the monument that they use for this looks really nice. It's like a giant egg stuck in the roots of a tree, like a fantasy RPG. Now let's move to the characters.

Everyone is practically the same with the exception of Yuuna. Yuuna is so much different than Lilo, HOWEVER, she is quite superior. Lilo wasn't exactly the same Lilo in the series. She'd forget about Ohana for some of her idiotic squabbles and her family would get in these silly fights. Yuuna and Oba seem to have a less impulsive relationship than Lilo and Nani. It's most likely do to the lack of tragedy, but still I do like Yuuna a lot. She appears to be honest, kind, and straightforward. Plus, she does know Karate and I believe she is teaching it to several people, some above her age.

The other change I've noticed is to the Mertle and her clones. They are completely gone. They've been replaced by 3 boys and a girl. Their leader is this punk kid with a baseball cap who picked on weaker kids. (This isn't that whole EWW, YOU WEIRD thing) Yuuna, has no problem at all standing up to them, nearly showing her violennce personality. The girl in this situation is the leader's younger sister who looks and acts a lot like Mertle. Clearly a foreigner, mean, and has a rather dated look. Cept in this version, her name is Nina. But this group doesn't bother me, where 50% of the other gang's conversations went:

Mertle: Right girls?
Girls: YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ugh...

So I do see rather good premise for this. Feels like a nice thing for children and the fans of the first movie will adore. Now if we can only get some subs...

Last edited by Nukerjsr; 2008-10-16 at 07:24.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 00:20   Link #9
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Now if we can only get some subs...
Working on it. The issue we ran into is that no one is capping the series in Japan, meaning hi-quality raws are almost non-existant. However, I am working on what we do have access, though. Probably might have something out this weekend.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:37   Link #10
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Oh my god, this is so childish...why bother with it? I liked lilo and stitch when I was a kid, but that was a long long time ago.
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 02:36   Link #11
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDragon View Post
Oh my god, this is so childish...why bother with it? I liked lilo and stitch when I was a kid, but that was a long long time ago.
Simple, because other children should see something that's worth their time than cliche'd rubbish. The movie was fantastic and the series was a piece of crap. If the legacy lives on, shouldn't it be more like the movie?
Old 2008-10-16, 13:10   Link #12
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
Because some people still like it. Let them. :P

I haven't watched the raws yet, though I plan to out of curiousity. I am now obligated because of the epic Kappei Yamaguchi's inclusion in the cast.

I'm disappointed to see that Hamster-thing has carried over into this version. He was a stupid villain, he really helped to bring the American TV series down.

I'll post again after I've seen some.
Kagami~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 15:10   Link #13
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

You guys got your wish. Fansub of episode 1 is out.
Old 2008-10-21, 15:13   Link #14
xris
Just call me Ojisan

We consider is licensed at this point in time (due to the Disney connection). So, no mention of fansubs please.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 16:08   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Because Stitch is an enjoyable character and how old are you to be defining childish?

Back on topic: I'm still interested in hearing Koichi's interpretation of Stitch... but I think they'd have been better off just having Chris Sanders do the dialog phonetically.

Haven't had time to look around for any clips or promos though....
Old 2008-10-23, 05:17   Link #16
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Because Stitch is an enjoyable character and how old are you to be defining childish?

Back on topic: I'm still interested in hearing Koichi's interpretation of Stitch... but I think they'd have been better off just having Chris Sanders do the dialog phonetically.

Haven't had time to look around for any clips or promos though....
I think one bonus of the voice actor is the fact that they can rely a bit more on Japanese dialog. In the movie and series, Stitch would speak Turo/Tantalog consistently and would only say English phrases in bits and pieces. With this, we can finally get what Stitch is fully saying and what he exactly means. Chris Sanders is the definitive voice, but it would only be perfect to have in this situation if he could speak fluent Japanese.
Old 2011-01-15, 17:17   Link #17
tyciol
*Artist

Hey guys, there is a mistake on the tracker that links to this forum thread: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1323.html

It says only 25 episodes.

According to the wikipedia summary there are 26 episodes in the first season that aired in 2008. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stitch!

In addition, there was a second season with 30 episodes that aired in 2009 called Stitch! ~ The Mischievous Alien's Great Adventure ~

There is also a third season airing at present that began in July 2010 called Stitch! ~ Always the Best Friends ~ I am unsure how many episodes will air in the third season but so far based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of....28Season_3.29 there have been 21 as of January 11.

Is there any information on whether it was just the first season which was licensed, or if the second or third seasons have been?

If it's only the first, would fansubbers be able to do the 2nd or 3rd?

It appears that the 2nd season may have been licensed since it states that they are stated to air in 2011. There's no stated to air date for the third season so that is what I am most curious about the licensing status of.

I am betting this is one of the anime which CrunchyRoll won't be able to get their hands on due to the disney factor =)

Something else I am wondering about the license status of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...kley_Shorts.29

Kung Fu Dragon Pleakly, apparently a series of shorts or something like that.

Another thing is, in the dubbed versions which are being aired in north america, they have removed the previews. It makes me wonder, even if they are not being made available for viewing, if the previews still count as licensed?

Considering the shortening of episodes, changes in plot, it makes me wonder if this is being treated like Macross was to make Robotech or how that Lion Warrior anime was treated to make Voltron. Probably not that extreme, but it is a consideration that even if this whole thing gets dubbed, english viewers may have to wait some time after that for a more faithful and uncensored version of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
LOL.. Lilo has been made into anime-loli than cartoonish loli. Not that I'm complaining.
From what I've read, Lilo isn't a main character in the series. Rather, it is a girl named Yuna who you probably saw as the loli character.

I heard a rumour that Lilo shows up for a guest appearance later in the series though. I can't confirm as I've not seen it though. I wouldn't be surprised if the art style was dramatically different from what we're used to in her appearances in Disney/Western predominant animation.

Last edited by tyciol; 2011-01-15 at 17:33.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 09:43   Link #18
tyciol
*Artist

So after the third season finished airing, there are 86 anime episodes (26/30/30) along with a 2012 TV special called "Stitch and the Planet of Sand".

Also reading a rumour about a series of shorts called "Kung Fu Dragon: Pleakley" and mention of a fourth season, can't confirm either though.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote