AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-15, 11:32   Link #41
Kamieichi

The poster says "1-gatsu no Dragon (1月のドラゴン)", lol.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
3-gatsu no lion live action poster
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 11:49   Link #42
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Nice episode. And so far we're not seeing to much pedophilia. I mean yeah, there's kids all over the place, but this time there was no nudity and the closest we got to lust was the guy being overwhelmed with cuteness proximity from Charlotte (and seriously, who can blame him, as long as she doesn't get drool on you she's just precious). There's obviously going to be a lot of loli jokes, with misunderstandings galore, but that may be as far as it goes. That said, it does look like they're going to be heavy on those jokes and innuendos. "He's gentle, yet intense, and his technique and stamina are amazing; my very first time we went at it all night long!" Yeah, there're times when a person reacting in a panic is suspicious in its own right, but when a nine-year-old says something like that while squirming, you better be talking fast.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 12:12   Link #43
Ultragunner

well, dat pressure from parents

but it's really not fair, if winning against three pros is an easy task for a grade schooler, then you might as well have her take over the inn
Old 2018-01-15, 12:26   Link #44
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Nice match with the lord of Chuunis.

Char strikes back but no references to the name.
Old 2018-01-15, 13:36   Link #45
Jaden

Asian parents syndrome strikes again. Yeah we own a freaking inn, have a beautiful daughter that's set for life BUT she has to study hard and go to law school or some shit! XD kill me now.
Old 2018-01-15, 15:09   Link #46
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Asian parents syndrome strikes again. Yeah we own a freaking inn, have a beautiful daughter that's set for life BUT she has to study hard and go to law school or some shit! XD kill me now.
Technically there are quite an amount of American families (of all races) that do similar thing.

If you aren't going to a Collage/ University or stay in a Dorm, they'll kick you out of the house.

I know quite a few "streamers" on "Twitch" who decide to play games as their career and has been kicked out of the house during High School. IE: Sodapoppin, lul

However the dude is so rich now, he makes 2~3 times the amount his parents make combined and has a 2x higher value house than his parents simply from playing games.

This is the same as the "Shogi" world, since technically Shogi is a game, and they're playing games for a living. However most parents in the world still shy away from the word "Game" as it doesn't really amount of anything in Real Life experience or achievement. IE: progression of humanity, inventions due to studying knowledge (games don't do this, even Online/VR games require you to go to school and learn programing before you can make any games)

___ ___ ___

This is why most parents in the world still wants their kids to have good education instead of drop out and try to make a living with games. Especially since certain games don't last forever.

However in the case of Shogi, which isn't an online game, it has sustainability like some other games, Chess, Poker, etc that allow you to literally make it a living from playing those games as long as you can keep being good at it. (but if you stop being good at it or is being beaten by the next generation... then well... you are pretty much doomed as you have no other backups, unlike regular jobs where you can just learn the newer stuff and keep on going, Board Games such as Shogi technically doesn't have anything newer to learn once you already learned all existing strategies. Board Game are not fluid, strats are static, and even Poker rely on RNG and Bluff instead of actual skill.

___ ___ ___

BTW, da Chunni Shogi... someone should totally make it a VR game.

Where you can customize your avatar to look like characters and play 3D Shogi. (function and mobility based on VR Chat where you can place sensors/trackers on your RL body and move the avatar/character around however you want)

And winning games gives you points to buy costume pieces to customize your avatar. LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 15:20   Link #47
Tenzen12

Conditions beating three pros is ridiculous, that's for sure, but it seems to be fact that female shogi players rarely get stable income, Yaichi doesn't have experiences as mentor and loli is in age where she can't make decisions yet either.

Objectively there is nothing wrong with parents going against their daughter wishes, unlike her or even Yaichi, they ate adults, legal guardians and good education is not wasted on anyome
Old 2018-01-15, 15:23   Link #48
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Technically there are quite an amount of American families (of all races) that do similar thing.

If you aren't going to a Collage/ University or stay in a Dorm, they'll kick you out of the house.

I know quite a few "streamers" on "Twitch" who decide to play games as their career and has been kicked out of the house during High School. IE: Sodapoppin, lul

However the dude is so rich now, he makes 2~3 times the amount his parents make combined and has a 2x higher value house than his parents simply from playing games.

This is the same as the "Shogi" world, since technically Shogi is a game, and they're playing games for a living. However most parents in the world still shy away from the word "Game" as it doesn't really amount of anything in Real Life experience or achievement. IE: progression of humanity, inventions due to studying knowledge (games don't do this, even Online/VR games require you to go to school and learn programing before you can make any games)

___ ___ ___

This is why most parents in the world still wants their kids to have good education instead of drop out and try to make a living with games. Especially since certain games don't last forever.

However in the case of Shogi, which isn't an online game, it has sustainability like some other games, Chess, Poker, etc that allow you to literally make it a living from playing those games as long as you can keep being good at it. (but if you stop being good at it or is being beaten by the next generation... then well... you are pretty much doomed as you have no other backups, unlike regular jobs where you can just learn the newer stuff and keep on going, Board Games such as Shogi technically doesn't have anything newer to learn once you already learned all existing strategies. Board Game are not fluid, strats are static, and even Poker rely on RNG and Bluff instead of actual skill.

___ ___ ___

BTW, da Chunni Shogi... someone should totally make it a VR game.

Where you can customize your avatar to look like characters and play 3D Shogi. (function and mobility based on VR Chat where you can place sensors/trackers on your RL body and move the avatar/character around however you want)

And winning games gives you points to buy costume pieces to customize your avatar. LOL
In the parents' defense, it sounded like the issue wasn't her devoting her life to "playing games". It seems more like they don't want her going into a difficult industry. Consider what other shows have told us about shogi. Only one or two people are allowed to become pro in a year, out of a very large number of hopefuls. You then spend your time struggling and pushing your brain as hard as you can day after day to be better than everyone else because if you lose too many games you fall in ranks, and if you fall too many times you're done. It's sort of like going into television or, more to the point, professional sports. Only the best get in, and it's easy to fall out again. What's worse, money is extremely variable depending on how much you win or whether you can gain titles. Other jobs have a much higher stability and security, so it'd be sensible for a parent to prefer their child focus in other areas.
Old 2018-01-16, 01:46   Link #49
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Nice episode. And so far we're not seeing to much pedophilia. I mean yeah, there's kids all over the place, but this time there was no nudity and the closest we got to lust was the guy being overwhelmed with cuteness proximity from Charlotte (and seriously, who can blame him, as long as she doesn't get drool on you she's just precious). There's obviously going to be a lot of loli jokes, with misunderstandings galore, but that may be as far as it goes. That said, it does look like they're going to be heavy on those jokes and innuendos. "He's gentle, yet intense, and his technique and stamina are amazing; my very first time we went at it all night long!" Yeah, there're times when a person reacting in a panic is suspicious in its own right, but when a nine-year-old says something like that while squirming, you better be talking fast.
I seriously just want an episode of Ryou teaching Charlotte to keep her pieces inside the boxes, and Charlotte just being adorable Charlotte.
Old 2018-01-16, 06:35   Link #50
Tenzen12

Nothing against Loki's, but I myself could live with this show focusing on "adult" part of shogi only.
Old 2018-01-16, 10:42   Link #51
James Rye

Zero interest in Ginko-sama? Proof that MC is a Loli King indeed. Char is superadorable though, daughterfu of the year 2018 and it is still January.
Old 2018-01-16, 10:59   Link #52
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Zero interest in Ginko-sama? Proof that MC is a Loli King indeed.
I'm pretty sure if Ginko walked into his room naked or described a long match as if it was a hot night of passion he'd show plenty of reaction. Or if she were to drop her tsun down a couple notches and let him see her actually wanting him to like her. Then again, it looks like he is attached to her and familiar enough to realize what she's really like, but that childhood friend familiarity might also be a problem since she's been so present and so constant that the idea of changing their relationship or of their current situation being fragile is a little hard to grasp. Pretty standard for one of a pair to not really pick up on this quickly enough, or to deliberately forget it to preserve what they have.. Actually, I sort of wonder if some of it comes from her status as his "elder sister". She's a couple years younger than him, and would normally treat him as a big-brother type. She's also described as shy, which would possibly make her deep down desire to have such a relationship with him. But because she became disciple first, she now may feel a sort of responsibility to be superior to him, resulting in over-reaching and becoming an SM queen.

Quote:
Char is superadorable though, daughterfu of the year 2018 and it is still January.
Agreed. Helps that she's young enough to make even a lot of lolicons stop and say "whoa there, that's going a little far". I'd love to have a kitten like her though. Only I'd probably never get up as long as she was on my lap.
Old 2018-01-16, 11:20   Link #53
Tenzen12

Quote:
Zero interest in Ginko-sama? Proof that MC is a Loli King indeed. Char is superadorable though, daughterfu of the year 2018 and it is still January.
Ginka is best part of episode ... after chuuni shogi match, that is.
Old 2018-01-16, 11:25   Link #54
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The birth of Loli King
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 13:28   Link #55
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Zero interest in Ginko-sama?
She transcends Friendzone, Ginko reached the family zone.
Old 2018-01-16, 13:36   Link #56
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Show me your proof
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 05:03   Link #57
Vaans
NEET

The cute lolis hook me in. Not much in Shogi but entertaining to watch. And the Dragon king seem to have build himself a loli harem in episode 2 already.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 07:17   Link #58
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm pretty sure if Ginko walked into his room naked or described a long match as if it was a hot night of passion he'd show plenty of reaction. Or if she were to drop her tsun down a couple notches and let him see her actually wanting him to like her. Then again, it looks like he is attached to her and familiar enough to realize what she's really like, but that childhood friend familiarity might also be a problem since she's been so present and so constant that the idea of changing their relationship or of their current situation being fragile is a little hard to grasp. Pretty standard for one of a pair to not really pick up on this quickly enough, or to deliberately forget it to preserve what they have.. Actually, I sort of wonder if some of it comes from her status as his "elder sister". She's a couple years younger than him, and would normally treat him as a big-brother type. She's also described as shy, which would possibly make her deep down desire to have such a relationship with him. But because she became disciple first, she now may feel a sort of responsibility to be superior to him, resulting in over-reaching and becoming an SM queen.

Agreed. Helps that she's young enough to make even a lot of lolicons stop and say "whoa there, that's going a little far". I'd love to have a kitten like her though. Only I'd probably never get up as long as she was on my lap.
Yep, Char is cute like a kitten. <3

Ginko and Yaichi got an interesting relationship alone due the fact that she is his "older sister" despite being two years younger. Yet he is a King, she is "just" a Queen and as amazing as it is that she got that title at her age she still wouldn't be a match for most professional male players. I think so far not a single woman won a title in the male-part of shogi world or even became a standard professional there, right? This could play part in her behaviour towards him as well, that she is jealous of his success/feels left behind. I kinda wanna see more of those two as young kids studying shogi under their master.

Given that the entire ED was a Ginko-festival and her hairpin being leant onto a shogi piece (the king?) I guess she will play a mayor part besides our little loli student with yandere tendencies. Hope it gonna be a romantic part.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Ginka is best part of episode ... after chuuni shogi match, that is.
Kinda wanna see Ginko's chunni match with MC.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
So she is his wife already? xD
Old 2018-01-17, 08:05   Link #59
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Conditions beating three pros is ridiculous, that's for sure, but it seems to be fact that female shogi players rarely get stable income, Yaichi doesn't have experiences as mentor and loli is in age where she can't make decisions yet either.

Objectively there is nothing wrong with parents going against their daughter wishes, unlike her or even Yaichi, they ate adults, legal guardians and good education is not wasted on anyome
That makes it legal, not right. To be blunt, it is unlikely that little moe blob would have another talent where her placement in percentile is going to be even half as good as this one. Mother there is literally dooming her daughter right out of her chance at actually being really good at something, without even really shutting out the bottom part in return.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 09:14   Link #60
Tenzen12

It's certainly legal, but whether it's right or not is in eye of beholder. Sure she might be really in it, but if she can't make living out of it it might be as well better do something else. Parents responsibility is prepare child for life in best of their ability. You might disagree, but that's only between you and your child.

Tags
loli main heroine, lolicon, shogi