AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-12, 12:26   Link #61
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I lost it when the police start rapping as well.

Death Musume still the best name despite being tentative and Mamoru Miyano being explosive is just too awesome that I wonder if the girls ever feel pressure because of his performance. LOL.
They'll probably change the name again next ep.

Loved the rap, loving the show.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 15:43   Link #62
ScrewySquirrel

So far, this is my Anime of the Season.

I haven't laughed this hard since GAMERS!
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 20:19   Link #63
Applehell

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 10:23   Link #64
bakato

Surfing reddit paid off. The truck had a Saga license plate. How did this guy even get the bodies of these girls who died 50+ years ago?
Old 2018-10-13, 10:58   Link #65
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Surfing reddit paid off. The truck had a Saga license plate. How did this guy even get the bodies of these girls who died 50+ years ago?
I wonder if they are even actually zombies. He keeps dodging giving then real info about how they became zombies or how he got their minds to start working again. Also it is funny how they keep running into the same single policeman whenever they try to get away.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:32   Link #66
Nivek von Beldo

This anime is so fun and unique, a curveball become the highest potential this season
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 14:42   Link #67
DemonneoPT

The rap was hilarious. And those two dudes in the audience and the police officer are also funny af. I think Mappa hit the jackpot with this one!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 16:01   Link #68
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I wonder if they are even actually zombies. He keeps dodging giving then real info about how they became zombies or how he got their minds to start working again. Also it is funny how they keep running into the same single policeman whenever they try to get away.
I noticed the same thing...but what about Ai's eyes and arms?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 16:04   Link #69
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Sakura speaks in Karatsu-ben, a dialect native to Saga, so it stands to reason she was originally from there.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 16:07   Link #70
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
YouTube
One of the best OPs this season! <3
Old 2018-10-13, 16:20   Link #71
4th Dimension

Well it's not just the policeman. The rappers too were unmanned at the sight of them. It almost seems an involuntary reaction. Because if you saw greenish people your first reaction wouldn't be to go for your gun. Seeing them in their zombie form seems to trigger something PRIMAL in humans.
Also the world doesn't seem to be one that has suffered a zombie apocalypse.

So yeah, it seems that Mr Manager-san has probably had his hand in arranging for their zombiefication. Maybe Sakura was the only/first to snap because she is the only he ran over or something. The rest he dug out of shallow graves.
Hell the traditional one shouldn't even have a corpse any more and would be a skeleton by now.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 16:34   Link #72
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
so this show is basically a zomibe version of LocoIdol and Sakura Quest.

Images
Those zombies do like death metal.
What's funny is that Funimation actress Caitlin Glass directed the "Sakura Quest" simuldub after directing the Fuuka simuldub. She also directed both "Love Live! Sunshine!!" simuldubs.
Old 2018-10-13, 18:21   Link #73
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I noticed the same thing...but what about Ai's eyes and arms?
Well they do seem not to be normal humans but most of them should not even have left corpses to become zombies between their age and the fact that 99.5% of Japanese are cremated. So there manager has to have been body-snatching for hundreds of years or something.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 18:42   Link #74
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Well they do seem not to be normal humans but most of them should not even have left corpses to become zombies between their age and the fact that 99.5% of Japanese are cremated. So there manager has to have been body-snatching for hundreds of years or something.
He just a time traveler.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 18:48   Link #75
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
He just a time traveler.
Or he's a zombie himself.
Old 2018-10-13, 18:54   Link #76
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Or he's an alien. Whatever the answer is, the premise is so whack that any answer or the lack of is fine.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 20:18   Link #77
alex_drian

Well shit, that was good rap in this chapter, makes me want to search a listen a song of Eminen when he was good.

Mamoru Miyano was born for this.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 23:51   Link #78
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

MAPPA is doing a splendid job with Zombie land SAGA, as the show itself not only incorporates tropes from two distinct genres but also smartly plays with them at the right timing to either subvert or follow them with comical results.

Honestly, the quality delivered in this anime incorporating for a first zombie girls that are going to become idols wants me to crave spinoffs based on this, for example, another show but featuring mahou zombie shoujo (magical zombie girls) as a guilty pleasure for me to watch.

Anyways, from the first episode it is a given that most of the current tropes are established, and each following episode is going to repeat the same pattern.

1. Kotaro playing elusive at failed attempts to conceal his lack of knowledge on a subject or question that any of the girls will ask him to demand proof on the matter.

2. The idol group's name changing with each episode as how Kotaro sees fitting for the context.

3. The girls performing concerts each involving a different musical genre from the previous one. For example, first episode featured death metal, second episode featured hip hop and rap, etc. At least, I hope for an upcoming episode the girls performing a live concert on Enka.

4. Every time running into the policeman with unfortunate but humorous results.

5. The girls performing at different locations all throughout the Saga prefecture. Even the comercial break, eyecatch sequences hint at such probable locations, at least to make funny puns on the matter.

6. Just moments before going live on-stage, Kotaro delivers a passionate speech to Sakura as to their current episode's predicament. However, the moment she brushes it off as disbelieving whatever he says, he violently cuts her off by freaking out on the girls to go on-stage.

Nicknamed Zombie 01 due to being the only zombie girl who awakened previously before the rest of the bunch ....
7. Sakura finding either at the spur of the moment or through unconventional means, ways or solutions to get the group out of a bind when performing in concerts. Of course, Kotaro in the backstage also lends a helping hand in order for the concert to succeed.

8. I may see Sakura's trope as being the girl who tries to keep the integrity, harmony, and cohesiveness among the group in order to prevent it from splitting apart. So, it's no wonder that with each episode she'll be individually relating and befriending each of her zombie peers at a personal level before and after the concerts.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 07:38   Link #79
videoman190

YouTube
chiptune/8bit arrange of Adabana Necromancy.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 16:03   Link #80
azarhal

I don't know what I just watched but it was both hilarious and awesome.

I'm in for more episodes.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy (actually funny), horror comedy, satire, truck-san strikes again, zombie idols?