AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-24, 05:02   Link #61
Tenzen12

While I would prefere Saki end together with Kurou, I can't see anything wrong about her going out with detective and I don't believe for moment she would go on date with him JUST for sake of getting over her ex. Detective is good guy and they get along well. As far as I am concerned that is good reason enough giving a try at least.

After all one shouldn't "hate things without even trying"...
Old 2015-08-24, 05:16   Link #62
ndiezel

What really didn't like in this chapter is that nothing happened. Like really, 80~ pages and characters did what you would from 30 page chapter. Too much focus on Saki, that has absolutely no guts despite being policewoman, I don't think that egocentric character should get that much screen time. Amount of new information is minimum, too many attention on facts that we already know. First chapter was good, second was okish and third is like water.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 05:31   Link #63
Ladiusman

Well, there's only so much you can do with an adaption of a novel that's only a single volume 300 pages long. And a lot of Japanese already know the story anyway and are reading it for the art.

And I don't mind if they pad out the adaption for as long as they can because damn is that art fantasic.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 05:47   Link #64
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
What really didn't like in this chapter is that nothing happened. Like really, 80~ pages and characters did what you would from 30 page chapter. Too much focus on Saki, that has absolutely no guts despite being policewoman, I don't think that egocentric character should get that much screen time. Amount of new information is minimum, too many attention on facts that we already know. First chapter was good, second was okish and third is like water.
No guts? She did try to fight the steel beam wielding Idol. Sure she failed, but she tried. I don't think I'd try to fight someone waving around a steel beam. I think most people wouldn't.

Though, I do agree, the Saki focus made the 80 page chapter seem pretty short. The full in depth backstory for the idol took up a lot of pages too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Well, there's only so much you can do with an adaption of a novel that's only a single volume 300 pages long. And a lot of Japanese already know the story anyway and are reading it for the art.

And I don't mind if they pad out the adaption for as long as they can because damn is that art fantasic.
So this story is only 1 volume? Hm.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 08:03   Link #65
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
No guts? She did try to fight the steel beam wielding Idol. Sure she failed, but she tried. I don't think I'd try to fight someone waving around a steel beam. I think most people wouldn't.

Though, I do agree, the Saki focus made the 80 page chapter seem pretty short. The full in depth backstory for the idol took up a lot of pages too.

So this story is only 1 volume? Hm.
When I was talking about guts, I was also talking about how she ran away from Kurou without any attempt to sort out their problems. That's show us that she's not a strong woman at all despite trying to convince us about the opposite. She had all time in the world (2 years) after their break up to cool her head and talk with Kurou, but noooooo she will sit in her office/home day after day and pity herself that she still can't forget him. Then again I feel sorry this muscular detective that has character so unremarkable that I can't even remember his name, that much he "ordinary", Saki isn't interested in guy at all, she just want to use him as a device to forget about her ex (tl;dr using him to solve her own problems). And someone above wrote something about "that's how people start dating", HELL NO! This is very egoistic when you do it without any interest for person in question. It's like promising someone to give a hand of help in emergency situation, while actually thinking "maybe I'll help, maybe I won't".

And while I'm writing all this I'm frustrated that I spent so much time and nerves on very disappointing character and so did author.
Old 2015-08-24, 08:22   Link #66
Ladiusman

And this thread turned into a dating advice thread...if this is what a discussion about romance in a mystery manga/novel (where, again, romance is secondary) is like I shudder to imagine what's it like when discussing shoujos.

I guess I could reword my previous post about how some people being dating. Then again, it's not our business who dates who regardless of reasons especially when the characters in question are friggin' fictional!

Besides, Kotoko's the MC anyways, let's all just chill and enjoy her antics.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 10:57   Link #67
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
And this thread turned into a dating advice thread...if this is what a discussion about romance in a mystery manga/novel (where, again, romance is secondary) is like I shudder to imagine what's it like when discussing shoujos.

I guess I could reword my previous post about how some people being dating. Then again, it's not our business who dates who regardless of reasons especially when the characters in question are friggin' fictional!

Besides, Kotoko's the MC anyways, let's all just chill and enjoy her antics.
Nah, characters in shoujos' are so unrealistic that you can't even bring your RL experience in discussion. Characters always remind you that you're reading comics for little girls.
Old 2016-03-22, 12:41   Link #68
bakato

Licensed by Kodansha Comics!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 04:29   Link #69
Velsy

I am still enjoying this manga, But I will puke if he gets back together with Saki. Its over, its done, there is nothing to solve or fix. Only thing left is that they can acknowledge they were once in a relationship. Saki should just stay in the normal, forget about him and go with that police officer thats showing her his interest. He (MC?) doesnt need this horrible person anymore ><

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 07:49   Link #70
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Licensed by Kodansha Comics!
The English title will be In/Spectre.

Thread prefix updated.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 11:18   Link #71
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I am still enjoying this manga, But I will puke if he gets back together with Saki. Its over, its done, there is nothing to solve or fix. Only thing left is that they can acknowledge they were once in a relationship. Saki should just stay in the normal, forget about him and go with that police officer thats showing her his interest. He (MC?) doesnt need this horrible person anymore ><
Totally agree. Saki had her chance and abandoned it. She still feels disgusted over the MC now, noway someone like could be a good love interest.
Old 2018-04-02, 13:54   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I read the first six volumes, which complete the first arc. I feel sorry for Nanase. So maligned.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 05:39   Link #73
Tenzen12

Now that detective is dead, I guess there is no other ship left but Saki x Kurou. Though I really hate when authors kill love rivals. I mean at least have them get dumped before they get killed, if it's not meant to be, right?
Old 2018-04-03, 06:13   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Now that detective is dead, I guess there is no other ship left but Saki x Kurou. Though I really hate when authors kill love rivals. I mean at least have them get dumped before they get killed, if it's not meant to be, right?
While there are doubts about whether Kurou has romantic feelings for Kotoko, or even finds her attractive, Saki x Kurou is pretty sunk.
Old 2018-04-03, 06:35   Link #75
Tenzen12

She likes him, he is still attracted to her and Kotoko suck. I don't see problem here.
Old 2018-04-03, 10:16   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Like I said, I've only read the first six volumes. I have no idea what happens afterwards. So are you talking about later events, or are you stuck somewhere in the middle of the first arc, or did you also read the epilogue and still think there's a chance of Saki x Kurou?

(Rather than go back to Saki, I think he might as well go to Rikka...)
Old 2018-04-03, 10:37   Link #77
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She likes him, he is still attracted to her and Kotoko suck. I don't see problem here.
The ship sunk, it's something that's accepted by both Kurou and Saki, Kurou admit the fact that he is not normal and can't be with a normal person, and Saki also admit that she have to move on. If anything, Rikka have more chance than Saki
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 13:17   Link #78
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Thanks for making this thread and bumping it

Instantly read all 6 volumes

The subsequent volumes are original story since the novel ended in 1 volume, only the Karin Nanase arc

I wish in the next volume Karin Nanase will actually materialize since they've invested so much in her

This story is the rare case where main heroine is best girl too~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 06:54   Link #79
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Vol 7 is out

Chapter 16 is amazing

wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 02:39   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was a fun breather volume.