AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-03-19, 21:18   Link #5001
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Really can't trust when he says the next novel will be released. He has lied about everyone one so far. And yeah he is burnt out, been working on this for 12 years. I really don't like such long period, he should have ended it years ago. Seems like no stories end anymore, everyone just wants to milk the cash cow forever.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 23:13   Link #5002
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Really can't trust when he says the next novel will be released. He has lied about everyone one so far. And yeah he is burnt out, been working on this for 12 years. I really don't like such long period, he should have ended it years ago. Seems like no stories end anymore, everyone just wants to milk the cash cow forever.
I don't think it's so much milking the cash cow. If he wanted to do that, he would of released the last novel quick, and it would have been shitty. Really though, if he was burnt out, he should of just finished the series. Then he wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. But that's just my opinion.
Old 2010-03-20, 01:45   Link #5003
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
if he does not produce anything in the next couple years, fans will simply lose interest.
I think there is quite a number of fans who already did that. Or are like me, have no interest in the series just want to see the end so that they could finally place a 'complete' stamp on something that should have been finished long time ago.

Well he released 20 volumes of FMP novels, given a big part are short stories, but her certainly look like he has been milking them, it's just not that intense as with some others, but releasing so many SS stories show either lacking ideas how the main plot should go but willing to still make money or simply feeling that the ending comes closer and wanting to milk it further... Or simply wanting to milk a good material without advancing the plot (which would push it closer to the end).

So yeah, i do view it as milking, just not as intense as lets say Gainax Evangelion cow milking...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 12:13   Link #5004
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I think there is quite a number of fans who already did that. Or are like me, have no interest in the series just want to see the end so that they could finally place a 'complete' stamp on something that should have been finished long time ago.

Well he released 20 volumes of FMP novels, given a big part are short stories, but her certainly look like he has been milking them, it's just not that intense as with some others, but releasing so many SS stories show either lacking ideas how the main plot should go but willing to still make money or simply feeling that the ending comes closer and wanting to milk it further... Or simply wanting to milk a good material without advancing the plot (which would push it closer to the end).

So yeah, i do view it as milking, just not as intense as lets say Gainax Evangelion cow milking...
I guess that could be also true, however the public does like fumoffu-type stories. I liked Fumoffu, but I liked the main story a lot better. I'm not even sure how he would rake in tons of money by doing side stories, he probably writes them because he enjoys it. I just wish he would take the time to finish the last damn novel(s).
Old 2010-03-22, 08:01   Link #5005
Darknemo2000

Side Stories are actually strategical mean to keep auidience interested, especially if you are stalling the progress of the main story.

Thats why Side Arms came and Side Arms are not nearly as popular with audience as Fummofu was but helps him to keep on milking and holding the interest in the series without having to move the main plot, it helps. Yeah you wont earn all that much cash from them alone but its more about holding the interest in the main series without need to advance the main plot.

And FMP almost as much side Stories volumes as main story ones... I don't mind some Side Stories but when there are almost as much SS as main story I don't think it is very good thing.
Old 2010-03-25, 11:22   Link #5006
Frostbitten

New information about the last novel has been posted on fullmeta.com website:

Quote:
最終巻は夏コミ前に?
先日、水戸で行われたコミックマーケットSP5のトークイベントで、賀東ブラザーの発言があっ たとか。
あと4ヶ月、ガンバレー。

秋丹さん。BBSでの投稿ありがとうございます。
It says that the last novel will be published before summer?
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:36   Link #5007
kuciy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post

this is the best news for this week
kuciy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 17:55   Link #5008
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post

Last novel as in finally the long-awaited conclusion? Hell yes!
Old 2010-03-26, 01:06   Link #5009
Darknemo2000

and the next information would be that it will be published before summer... of year 2012.
Old 2010-03-26, 06:17   Link #5010
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Yes, according to the words of the info, it'll be released before Summer's Comic Market.
While the original info is from 2ch, it's somehow Gatoh's own commentary in a talk show, so it can be reliable......

But then this is Gatoh we're talking about. So hope he won't run away this time. Duh.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 20:45   Link #5011
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
and the next information would be that it will be published before summer... of year 2012.
Oh no, the world will end before the next novel comes out!?
Old 2010-03-27, 01:17   Link #5012
ChibiCrystal88

BEFORE summer?! So the next couple of months! Crosses fingers!
ChibiCrystal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 19:34   Link #5013
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiCrystal88 View Post
BEFORE summer?! So the next couple of months! Crosses fingers!
You'll need all the luck you can get. Cross your toes too!
Old 2010-03-28, 00:24   Link #5014
ChibiCrystal88

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
You'll need all the luck you can get. Cross your toes too!
Oh for sure I will!
ChibiCrystal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 18:26   Link #5015
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
I'm with you. Release dates for all the previous novels were broken as well. He is milking it, plane and simple. I have pretty much lost interest in this too. I don't even care what happens anymore, I just want to see closure. Even if all of them died, every last one, meh for me.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 21:37   Link #5016
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
I'm with you. Release dates for all the previous novels were broken as well. He is milking it, plane and simple. I have pretty much lost interest in this too. I don't even care what happens anymore, I just want to see closure. Even if all of them died, every last one, meh for me.
Lol. What a fail ending that would be.
Old 2010-03-28, 21:42   Link #5017
Azel

I have a little question I hope someone can answer...

I recently re-watched the 3 anime series of FMP and re-read a few of the later novels, and from what I can tell, Sousuke has never called Chidori by her given name. "Kaname".

Am I right in thinking that? From what I can tell he only ever called her Chidori.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 21:56   Link #5018
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
blashphemy absolute blasphemy
Old 2010-03-28, 21:57   Link #5019
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azel View Post
I have a little question I hope someone can answer...

I recently re-watched the 3 anime series of FMP and re-read a few of the later novels, and from what I can tell, Sousuke has never called Chidori by her given name. "Kaname".

Am I right in thinking that? From what I can tell he only ever called her Chidori.
Yup, never once does he call her 'Kaname.' It's always Chidori. ^^ And never Chidori-san or anything (I have no idea where this 'Miss Chidori' came from). JUST Chidori.
Old 2010-03-28, 22:36   Link #5020
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Yup, never once does he call her 'Kaname.' It's always Chidori. ^^ And never Chidori-san or anything (I have no idea where this 'Miss Chidori' came from). JUST Chidori.
Forget Miss Chidori, I am fairly certain he has called her Kaname in the US dub! I think it was an episode of Fumoffu, I was rewatching a scene to see what it was like with the dubbed voices and I'm sure he said Kaname! It struck me because I was pretty sure he has never called her Kaname in the original Japanese.

It was a significant moment for Sousuke to called the Captain "Tessa"; I wonder if the final book with give us a lovey-dovey moment where Sousuke finally uses Kaname's name? *sighs* Gief new novel!

Last edited by Azel; 2010-03-28 at 23:06.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen