AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 12:34   Link #10621
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Sorry to double post but its easier to explain everything. The twist is the energy jellal feels. What if the energy he feels is the energy coming from the Eclipse gate and the only reason he feels it at random times is because only certain times does the energy leak. The reason he thinks its related to the games is because it appears from undernearth the arena.
i think the "energy" who jellal feels is related to the little guy who was controlling obra(from raven tail) and the shadow(maybe both are the same), the 2 times jellal feel the energy this little guy and the shadow was here.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 22:11   Link #10622
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Having a definite villain in each arc is a shonen thing. Personally, I like that FT keeps some mystery in that regard this arc, avoiding that particular trapping this time around. If nothing else, Mashima is good about keeping us guessing. Even the 1 or 2 people who complain about predictability, can't seem to predict anything, heh. But people will complain if he sticks to shonen trappings, and he gets grief if he does things differently. But I suppose you can't please everybody, and if we only have a couple of complainers, that means Mashima is doing a good job pleasing as many people as he can.

Nothing against you, I'm just speaking some thoughts. As I said, I like the fact that we are kept guessing as to what is going on. I like that there are multiple interests in play here, some not all good, and some not all bad. And each person believes they are doing the right things, as opposed to just being simply "bad" because they are a "bad guy" like most shonen shows do.
Huh? I'm not saying I don't like the current development where there is no definite villain; I actually think it's a very good twist. You must be thinking of my posts in the Erza thread IMO, the only things that are predictable in FT are the fights... and the comedy, most of the time. I agree with you though, it is not how a fight ends that matters, but the means the victory is achieved. (I still think the Erza vs. Kagura fight wasn't well thought of, though. Gajeel vs. Rogue on the other hand...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Sorry to double post but its easier to explain everything. The twist is the energy jellal feels. What if the energy he feels is the energy coming from the Eclipse gate and the only reason he feels it at random times is because only certain times does the energy leak. The reason he thinks its related to the games is because it appears from undernearth the arena.
It seems though that he could also feel the "energy" from people. Like that spikey haired guy in Day 3 and future Lucy.

EDIT: Question. Was the day future Lucy claims to have returned to be really "July 4, X793" or was that just a typo error?

Last edited by Pinwheel10; 2013-02-17 at 22:22.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 03:13   Link #10623
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post

EDIT: Question. Was the day future Lucy claims to have returned to be really "July 4, X793" or was that just a typo error?
It was an error that Mashima made in the Japan version.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 05:19   Link #10624
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i think the "energy" who jellal feels is related to the little guy who was controlling obra(from raven tail) and the shadow(maybe both are the same), the 2 times jellal feel the energy this little guy and the shadow was here.
I don't think the lil guy was controlling obra I think he was part of obra's magic the shadow is different how I have no idea
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 04:53   Link #10625
II Maestro

Spoiler for 320:
Old 2013-02-22, 05:08   Link #10626
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-22, 05:25   Link #10627
ReinhartX

HAHAHA SO MUCH FOR STRONGEST 5 omg i cant stop laughing at that part....
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 05:26   Link #10628
ImperialFlameGod8190

Spoiler for 520:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 06:02   Link #10629
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Jura was pretty awesome this chapter, but Laxus won't back down from anyone.
Old 2013-02-22, 06:33   Link #10630
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This just shows how strong Jelly is.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 06:52   Link #10631
Bombo
TSF Fans

Orga with one blow..good

Last edited by Bombo; 2013-02-23 at 10:57. Reason: changing font
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 09:17   Link #10632
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
"OMG, Fairy Tail is SOOOOO predictable! Laxus is gonna beat Orga, so lame and predictable."

*Jura one shots Orga*

"Um.... well... Fairy Tail is still predictable, even though all my predictions turn out wrong!"

I have to admit, I didn't see that coming. And looks like next week we'll have the Jura vs. Laxus fight, and probably the Gray/Juvia/Lyon/Cheria fight after that, and Erza/Minerva will be the final one. This still leaves Sting around, and I wonder what Mashima will do with him. So far, I don't think anyone can predict what will happen with him.

And what will Arcadios do or say to the princess? What will Natsu's group do? Who will win this tournament? That last question is still in doubt. FT would have to win all their fights, and even though Erza will probably beat Minerva (unless Sting intervenes somehow), the others may not. Laxus could still lose to Jura, but still give him a good fight.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 09:39   Link #10633
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So, we have at least 5 more guys as strong or stronger than Gildartz running around. ... The world suddenly seems a lot bigger...

Not even gonna worry about Erza at this point, she's well within her margin of error.

Good going Jura - insta-KO. Pretty easy to see that Jura didn't like him much anyway, but he at least respects Laxus.

Tough call if I want to send Gajeel in to help Laxus - it's not a team-building excercise. While taking down Jura almost assures 5pts, it can bite later if Jura gets the both Laxus and Gajeel and snags 3 pts total for the entire encounter... but then Sting jumps in and Light Dragon Nuke's them both for 6 pts.... ><
Old 2013-02-22, 09:44   Link #10634
classic

^
And how long you will point on every minor changes in the plot?

Laxus will be the winner. That is the fact why people are saying that FT is predictable. It dosn`t matter how exactly it will happend. The overall result will be Laxus will win or it will be tie which is also considered favorable for FT.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 10:32   Link #10635
kitten320

Orga done in one shot? Really? Saber Tooth is just pathetic. How they manged to be the strongest guild till now is probably the biggest mystery of this arc for me.

At least it was not Laxus. Now let's wait for next chapter where Jura gets dominated by Laxus -sigh-, well Laxus barely had any real fights so as long as it is not a one shot, I don't mind him winning.

Though FT is clearly winning all the fights here. If no, I'll be surprised for the first time after Natsu VS Guildarts fight.
Old 2013-02-22, 11:28   Link #10636
mtgowns

Well, Laxus surpassing Jura is a tough one. I've always seen him as a notch stronger than Erza, who's Saint material herself. But now that it's established that the top 4 Saints aren't actually human it puts Jura's overwhelming power into perspective. We haven't seen him go HAM yet.

No FT member has actually been defeated yet so it's about time we see some of them drop.

I'm a bit torn as to how Erza vs Minerva will play out. It's pretty clear that Erza is on the ropes and Minerva hasn't even been scratched yet. I'd like to say Gajeel would come around to help, but it'd be so weird seeing the two of them team up; doesn't seem something that Mashima would make happen.

Defeating Minerva with "power of Nakama" alone would be extremely lame. I suppose the other device left is the Fairy Armor. We didn't get to see much of it back in the Edolas arc so we could see the whole meal deal soon.

What I predict:

-Gray/Juvia tie with or edge out Lyon/Cherry (sp?), Sting comes around to pick up easy points. Gajeel confronts Sting.
-Jura edges out Laxus.
-Erza's going to Erza.

In the end it doesn't make sense within the plot for FT to not win but I think it will come down to the last member, most likely Erza.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 11:38   Link #10637
Jellal
Anime Critic

I predict the following:
Laxus showing the results of his training.
Maybe new ultimate DS technique or Orga ends up giving Laxus a Power up...?
Personally, I don't want Laxus to win. A tie would be fair. Since if he goes over Gildarz level, it would defeat the purpose of G being top FT mage.

I suspect Juvia and gray performing another unison raid and winning...
At this point its clear none of FT will be pinned out, since it would prove their on top of fiore...

With erza...Honestly it's either nakama power up or fairy armor. Erza remains to be the only character that has never lost. Frankly, I could see Jellal exposing himself to make sure she doesn't lose. That would stir up quite a bit!

It's clear minerva is using sting as a trump card, I assume she'll teleport him when she's in a critical spot to only have gajeel intervene too?

Or...This tournament gets interrupted which I assume to be the case.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:04   Link #10638
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

It was alright. No questions answered though. The top 4 Wizard Saints...Aah, I wonder when they'll be introduced. Though if they're anything like Laxus was during the Fantasia arc or how Jiemma is, I'ma be disappointed. Don't make them like Zancrow either. You know, the asshole types who think they're all that. At least make one of them humble... Gotta admit, Titania's execution is something I wouldn't mind seeing. Of course I would proceed to go emo and kill myself. Not like it's going to happen though, sorry Minerva. Oh, and Jura one shotting Orga was freaking awesome. Stupid Sabertooth.
KaguraSenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:15   Link #10639
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
This still leaves Sting around, and I wonder what Mashima will do with him. So far, I don't think anyone can predict what will happen with him.
At the rate things are going, he's not going to make his move until all other fights are finished. He'll be essentially completely fresh, while everyone else will be tired and/or injured.

Assuming Sting's the leader for points, if Fairy Tail sweeps the remainder without loss, Sting would just need to take out Fairy Tail's 4-non leader members to tie the score up at 59 points, whoever wins after that wins by five points.

If Fairy Tail takes out the remainder, but loses their leader to Jura, the score would be ST: 55, FT: 59, LS: 55, and Sting sweeping the remainder of Fairy Tail would result in a tie.

If Sting kill steals a weakened Jura like Minerva did with Kagura, and Fairy Tail wins it's other fights, it would be ST: 60 FT: 54: LS: 50, and even if Sting went down himself without taking out any of Fairy Tail, Sabertooth would win by 1 point.

Heck, in general, as long as Sabertooth defeats one more leader, they've essentially guaranteed themselves victory. If Lamia Scale defeats one leader instead, Sabertooth just needs to defeat 4 non-leaders to essentially guarantee a tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Orga done in one shot? Really? Saber Tooth is just pathetic. How they manged to be the strongest guild till now is probably the biggest mystery of this arc for me.
Sabertooth became #1 in these past 7 years because thus far only the following people have been shown to be (or are likely to be) equal to or greater than some or all of their top members:

Natsu
Erza
Gray
Gajeel
Laxus
Jura
Kagura
Ichiya
Mirajane
Gildarts
Leon
Juvia
Chelia

Here's the list of them that have, or likely have participated in the games for the past 7 years:

Kagura
Chelia
Ichiya

In short, the competition's gotten much stiffer this year. As things stand, remove Jura and Fairy Tail from the equation, and Sabertooth likely takes it with ease.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:20   Link #10640
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
^
And how long you will point on every minor changes in the plot?

Laxus will be the winner. That is the fact why people are saying that FT is predictable. It dosn`t matter how exactly it will happend. The overall result will be Laxus will win or it will be tie which is also considered favorable for FT.
And if Laxus loses?

And are you saying every story in existence is predictable because the hero wins?

Edit: And is Laxus winng/tieing the only thing you can predict?

Last edited by Kaijo; 2013-02-22 at 12:45.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen