AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-01, 19:43   Link #3121
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megann View Post
Lelouch is alive, he had Charles' Code which activates when you first die. In the end, when C.C. is talking while laying in the hay, she nods her head up when she finishes "Huh, Lelouch?" pointing her head towards the driver. I believe the driver of the carriage is Lelouch, since you don't see his face. It would be perfect if Sunrise ever wanted to start back up or make a movie.
Why bother getting so complicated as to explaining how Lelouche is actually having the code and being immortal? We've seen characters get mowed down by machines guns and lost in WMD explosions come out just fine... would a sword wound be so much harder to believe?

Seriously, thanks to numerous characters surviving very convincing deaths with little explanation other than "britania has really good health care", it shouldn't be a surprise for almost anyone to suddenly come back... it's like, nothing short of outright decapitation could be considered a convincing death.

Its almost funny how Xiangke is missing from the epilogue at the end... did he die or what? If he did then i find it funny since his "death" is far less convincing than Cornelia's, Gilford's, or Mao's (the first time with the cops)

Grant it, i will forgive Jeremiah for not dying... only because he ended up being completely badass; really funny how many people including myself were moaning and groaning over the fact that he was still alive early on in R2.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:48   Link #3122
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
We've seen characters get mowed down by machines guns and lost in WMD explosions come out just fine... would a sword wound be so much harder to believe?
hahah well it seems that the less advanced the weapon, the more effective it is. Cornellia and Mao got showered with bullets and both survived, but a single shot was all that it took to take out Euphie and Mao later on. I imagine something like a sword or maybe even a rock being something along the lines of an ultimate weapon in the code geass world.
Old 2008-10-01, 19:49   Link #3123
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I imagine something like a sword or maybe even a rock being something along the lines of an ultimate weapon in the code geass world.
Haha, post of the day
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:49   Link #3124
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And he needs to remain dead, if he is alive, and the world needs people like Nunnally to keep this dream going, just as they need Zero etc. etc. He'll be fine I say, if he's still alright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Nunnaly lives in a peacecul world (at the moment at least...) That's what he wanted.

Even if he is not with her, he created a better world, not only for her though.

Now, "if" he is alive, he has to find his own happiness.
fair enough, he could have a achieved a different happiness from what he originally sought. i just thought of how sad it would have been if ultimately he had to succumb to the will of the people
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:56   Link #3125
Kusaja

If Lelouch is alive, which is possible under a certain interpretation of the ending (just as death is another possibility), he will have to build a new life, but I don't think he will completely forget about everything and everyone else, so a part of him will still remember the past with nostalgia even as he moves forward.

Human beings can't just turn their memories "off", and the same applies here...unless an immortal Lelouch seals his own Code, but I don't think that will happen. It's happier to imagine him surviving and living on with C.C., certainly better than death in fact, but it's not exactly utopia either. There's still a bittersweet sensation left, even if everyone is living in a better world.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:04   Link #3126
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
If Lelouch is alive, which is possible under a certain interpretation of the ending (just as death is another possibility), he will have to build a new life, but I don't think he will completely forget about everything and everyone else, so a part of him will still remember the past with nostalgia even as he moves forward.

Human beings can't just turn their memories "off", and the same applies here...unless an immortal Lelouch seals his own Code, but I don't think that will happen. It's happier to imagine him surviving and living on with C.C., certainly better than death in fact, but it's not exactly utopia either. There's still a bittersweet sensation left, even if everyone is living in a better world.
You can't always get what you want.

I guess that no life is perfect and only full of happiness. There are some things you can't do, some things you can't have, some things you will lose, but you can still have a bit of happiness.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:14   Link #3127
KrimzonStriker

Quote:

I guess that no life is perfect and only full of happiness. There are some things you can't do, some things you can't have, some things you will lose, but you can still have a bit of happiness.
Well said Narona, well said
Old 2008-10-01, 20:33   Link #3128
Kusaja

Quote:

You are absolutely correct, but I suppose that's why his possible survival would bring the overall balance closer to the positive rather than the negative, in a way...and whatever happens after that, good or bad, is something fans can imagine for themselves.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:52   Link #3129
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Why bother getting so complicated as to explaining how Lelouche is actually having the code and being immortal? We've seen characters get mowed down by machines guns and lost in WMD explosions come out just fine... would a sword wound be so much harder to believe?
Except those scenes weren't exactly as "graphic" as the really really real death scenes.

Cornelia getting hit by two bullets from a machine gun by the side does not mean getting "mowed down"

Having half your suit been vaporized by a bomb and then change to a different scene is another story as well.

Having to see a character being killed from beginning to the end is pretty much a sealed deal there.

When Shirely died we see her until her last breath.

With Euphie it was the same.

Then with Lelouch we see it as well.

So in Geass unless we see you on your deathbed there's a high chance that your still alive.
Mao though I admit I was apalled.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:33   Link #3130
KrimzonStriker

Ah, good old Mao, helping out when you least expect him too
Old 2008-10-01, 23:36   Link #3131
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm gonna change the subject here. But first, a question:

Where the hell did this theory of "The Code activates when you first die!" bit come from? When was such a tidbit revealed? I sure as hell don't remember it being revealed, and I try to keep up to date on when this information is posted. Last I checked, all we knew about the Code is that it grants immortality, Geass contracts, and nifty mindraping powers. And that some people will use it for the lulz. Not once have I seen this "It activates when you first die" crap, until Lelouch died and C.C. made that statement that drove thousands of Lelouch fans insane.

So please, someone tell me where it came from and tell me if that bit of knowledge is true. Because right now, it looks like crap to me.

Now, onto my initial subject.

During Lelouch's (IMO) most defining sequence, we are treated to Kallen revealing just what Lelouch's ultimate goal was, and we are also treated to the expressions of the prisoners seen on that historic day in CG's history.

Now, if you ask me, some of these expressions seem to conflict with these character's opinions on Lelouch vi Britannia. They don't look all that happy to see Lelouch about to get stabbed by Zero. Except maybe Tamaki, but his expression is kind of hard to read. To me, it looked like Ohgi, Kaguya, and the others saw something mightily important, and that they were horrified that Lelouch was going to die.

So here's my question: do you think that some of the characters OTHER THAN Kallen realized what Lelouch's plan was in those last moments?
Old 2008-10-01, 23:39   Link #3132
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm gonna change the subject here. But first, a question:

Where the hell did this theory of "The Code activates when you first die!" bit come from? When was such a tidbit revealed? I sure as hell don't remember it being revealed, and I try to keep up to date on when this information is posted. Last I checked, all we knew about the Code is that it grants immortality, Geass contracts, and nifty mindraping powers. And that some people will use it for the lulz. Not once have I seen this "It activates when you first die" crap, until Lelouch died and C.C. made that statement that drove thousands of Lelouch fans insane.

So please, someone tell me where it came from and tell me if that bit of knowledge is true. Because right now, it looks like crap to me.
1. C.C.'s Code Activation. Why would she have a knife wound on her breast?

2. Charles: He ws affected by Lelouch's Geass, although we know he had took V.V.'s Code.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:41   Link #3133
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
1. C.C.'s Code Activation. Why would she have a knife wound on her breast?

2. Charles: He ws affected by Lelouch's Geass, although we know he had took V.V.'s Code.
So there's no official confirmation from an interview or magazine article? Sounds kinda flimsy, honestly, but I just like having concrete proof. And last I checked, we don't know if his Geass affected Charles, as that scene's still in debate.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:42   Link #3134
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
So there's no official confirmation from an interview or magazine article? Sounds kinda flimsy, honestly, but I just like having concrete proof. And last I checked, we don't know if his Geass affected Charles, as that scene's still in debate.
That's why it's called a "theory"
Old 2008-10-01, 23:45   Link #3135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
That's why it's called a "theory"
The theory I can accept. I saw it as a theory when I first saw it. Perhaps I worded the statement badly about it.

I'd like to know why everyone is saying that as proof, and not a theory.

Now, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on my other question in that post.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:47   Link #3136
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
So here's my question: do you think that some of the characters OTHER THAN Kallen realized what Lelouch's plan was in those last moments?
I think it's more like "WTF?!?!?! There's another Zero?!?!?!"
Old 2008-10-01, 23:48   Link #3137
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I think it's more like "WTF?!?!?! There's another Zero?!?!?!"
They already had that moment when Zero disappeared. The expressions I was talking about was when Zero was beginning to thrust the sword into Lelouch. It looked a lot like protesting to it. Though Tamaki may have looked like he was cheering Zero on... I don't know. Tamaki's expression was hard to read for me.
Old 2008-10-02, 00:00   Link #3138
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They all knew that Lelouch was Zero, so somewhere in their minds it must have clicked that Lelouch had somehow set this up. I think only Kallen got the full idea of what they were doing, though. Tohdoh and the others seemed poised to question it, so she made sure to insist that this Zero was indeed Zero.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:07   Link #3139
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I think only Kallen got the full idea of what they were doing, though.
Except, you know, Tohdoh was pretty flat out knowing of having the full idea, as were the other OBK from their reactions. Kallen just insisted out of loyalty.

Keep trying, though!
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 01:10   Link #3140
lovecakecookies

I am curious, for the people who believe that Lulu is alive...

Does this mean one does not need a contract with someone in order to have their code?
Charles and Lulu never had a contract....

When Charles was taking C.C's code, he was already immortal, not a geass user like Lulu...

So someone explain!! I am curious and confused