AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 16:18   Link #321
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
I had started watching Horizon, on the middle of nowhere, but i'm just not getting the point of the story, and the more i watch it, the more i am distracted and barely follow the plot. The only reason i was watching it was for the guy groping boobs, but since even that's getting censored, i'm dropping it.
In Horizon, there's a little censorship in the first two episodes and episode 6, but the rest aren't censored (it has 13 episodes).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 17:51   Link #322
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Dropped it already.

Anyways, i finished episode 4 of Mirai nikki, and this anime is freaking me out: i thought it would have been some "let's fuck with the future" anime, but it's rather turning in some mad game.

As long as it plays with my mind, it's fine. That Yuno... is fucking scary. Really, i can't get myself to trust/like her at all. The whole plot is a bit confusing, and i currently have some question marks in my head, but i guess it'll be explained later on, like any other anime concerning past/future does.

Btw, if you can answer these few little questions, i would be grateful. Oh, if i'll get the answers later on, don't spoil then:

Spoiler for plot:

Also, i always have to replay some scene, because the text messages scrolling is fucking fast. Wth, slow down, i can't read ;_;

However, so far, it was enough dark and mindfucking to pick up my interest. I just hope it clears out my confusion about it. Don't spoil anything about Yuno, because it's probably the most interest thing in this anime: she keeps freaking me out, haha, too weird.

EDIT
Forgot to ask: how the hell works the "DEAD END" thingie? I didn't really understand it. Care to explain?
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 18:59   Link #323
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I had started watching Horizon, on the middle of nowhere, but i'm just not getting the point of the story, and the more i watch it, the more i am distracted and barely follow the plot. The only reason i was watching it was for the guy groping boobs, but since even that's getting censored, i'm dropping it.
I agree with you.. but I praise the anime design though... all of the girls are hot and sexy.

The only thing that I don't get it is the choices of so called "offerings" which I find wierd (e.g. happiness, coins, food, "jumping months on the calendar" etc.). The prayers and dance are valid for me to be offered to a "holographic deity (?)

Oh is AQUARION EVOL been mention? The romance is good.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:21   Link #324
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Dropped it already.

Anyways, i finished episode 4 of Mirai nikki, and this anime is freaking me out: i thought it would have been some "let's fuck with the future" anime, but it's rather turning in some mad game.

As long as it plays with my mind, it's fine. That Yuno... is fucking scary. Really, i can't get myself to trust/like her at all. The whole plot is a bit confusing, and i currently have some question marks in my head, but i guess it'll be explained later on, like any other anime concerning past/future does.

Btw, if you can answer these few little questions, i would be grateful. Oh, if i'll get the answers later on, don't spoil then:

Spoiler for plot:

Also, i always have to replay some scene, because the text messages scrolling is fucking fast. Wth, slow down, i can't read ;_;

However, so far, it was enough dark and mindfucking to pick up my interest. I just hope it clears out my confusion about it. Don't spoil anything about Yuno, because it's probably the most interest thing in this anime: she keeps freaking me out, haha, too weird.

EDIT
Forgot to ask: how the hell works the "DEAD END" thingie? I didn't really understand it. Care to explain?
Answers:
Spoiler for No real spoilers if you've seen 4 episodes:

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 05:12   Link #325
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ah, that was a good enough explanation.

Anyways, i finished watching the first 12 episodes of Mirai nikki but... where is the rest of the series? How long is it? 24 episodes? I did some research, and found up to the 20th episode; does this mean that it hasn't finished airing yet? That sucks D:

Anyways, the whole series is so dark, filled with suspense and surprise, and an horrific feeling all the way. You don't know who to trust in there, everyone playing his own game, and Yuno... just picked up my interest too much. Actually, that isn't even love; i'd call it obsession. However, this character is so much screwed and freak, haha, definitely interesting.

I liked it so far, but if i knew before that it hadn't finished airing, i'd have waited. Now all the tension accumulated in these 12 episodes will be tore apart. That sucks hard. For all the 12 episodes i've been put on spikes: everyone plotting and attacking you, a freak girl obsessed with you, noone to trust and just no idea about what's going on, being dragged in the worst situations ever and surviving by you don't know what. The growing tension, with not even a second of pause to relax out... it's that what kept me watching it without making me fall asleep. But now that we have come to this, i hereby proclaim once again: this sucks. I want it now ;_;
Spoiler for story:

If the remaining episodes are going to take too much time before they get aired, i'll might want to continue the story on the manga, but i would like to know:
1) Are there big differences between the manga and the anime?
2) Does the anime skip TOO MANY IMPORTANT informations, compared to the manga?
3) How much of the manga does the anime cover? If i wanted to continue the story after episode 12, from which manga chapter should i start? Do you suggest me to start the manga from the beginning anyways, even tho i already know the story up to now?

I hope you can answer these 3 questions, at least. Thank you for suggesting me this title: it's really freaking me out, and i like when my mind is being played with.
Old 2012-03-11, 20:19   Link #326
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
My understanding is that there are expected to be between 24 and 26 episodes, probably closer to 24 considering how far they've gotten by episode 20. I comes out every Sunday, so it will probably be done first week of April?

So far the anime has proven to be a very faithful adaptation of the manga. Several scenes I thought were even an improvement (especially at fixing plot holes). The anime also includes some supplemental material from the spin-offs that focused on Akise and 9th.

If you do decide to read the manga I would go ahead and start at the beginning anyway. Although the manga ending was really unpopular, and that has been some hope that the anime will turn our different.

I won't spoil the Yuno reveals, except to say that they are pretty big twists, and should be covered by the story later.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-03-11, 20:20   Link #327
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished reading Mirai Nikki manga:

This is what i call a mindfuck: the whole story was fucking crazy, it turned darker and darker and darker... my mind was blown away. It had countless twists, new discoveries.... I really appreciate the dude who wrote this manga, for playing with my mind the whole time, and making up this story. I like things that entertain my mind and make me exercise my thoughts.

This is the darkest thing i've ever seen, so dark that it even screws up the concept of dark. Madoka, compared to this, is pure white.

As i thought, Yuno was indeed the most interesting character, and i liked all that messing up with time, parallel worlds, other selves and all that shit. This title fits the definition of mindfuck, even tho i do not understand how they will cover the remaining story in 12 episodes, since it's just too long.

Thank you for suggesting me this title. It was a plain success. I would consider it too much dark for my tastes, but since there was much mindfucking, the concept of dark fell apart while reading the manga.

Tomorrow i have uni, i'll have access to my laptop friday.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:13   Link #328
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

hey classified seems like your taste in anime recently have been psychological,horror,thriller,mystery type anime. if you want I can give you more of those ? I think it would be best to create another thread like with those genres so that way if you're not in the mood for romance anime you can try the other genres a try. I also think it would be good Idea to post a link to that thread in this threads front page so that way it's much easier going back and forth and it keeps both threads alive.

here are more of those type of anime
death note
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1535/Death_Note
Ergo Proxy
http://myanimelist.net/anime/790/Ergo_Proxy
Aoi Bungaku Series
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7193/Aoi_Bungaku_Series
another
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11111/Another

I don’t know about “another” but the rest of the titles I mentioned due include some love interest but don’t expect it to be the most important part of the anime or the most exciting. I mentioned these titles because the ts seems to like stuff that messes with his mind or gives him the feeling of mindfuck.

I would replace ergo proxy with Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom since ergo is a lot slower and a bit confusing.don't expect kissing scenes but there is relationship between the characters.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5682/Ph...or_the_Phantom

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-03-18 at 19:26.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 23:29   Link #329
Elegance

If you truly enjoy a mindfuck I would recommend Serial Experiments Lain

Synopsis:Lain Iwakura appears to be an ordinary girl, with almost no experience with computers. Yet the sudden suicide of a schoolmate, and a number of strange occurrences, conspire to pull Lain into the world of the Wired, where she gradually learns that nothing is what it seems to be... not even Lain herself.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 01:55   Link #330
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

If I would have to choose one of the mentioned titles that would fit most of classifieds requirements it would be death note.I found it more enjoyable

1.does it have a kiss scene?yes
2.is the male smart and rational?yes
3.does it have an interesting plot?yes
4.is the anime made after 2003?yes 2006
5.is there mecha?no
6. is the setting in school?yes a little bit

this title is the most popular out of the bunch
Old 2012-03-13, 05:54   Link #331
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I just want you to watch The Sacred Blacksmith : this anime is targeted towards you (= males from older teens to young adults), so it has some fanservice (including pantyshots and bare breasts) and has lot of female characters, including the protagonist. And the male lead is a total badass. It's better to read the light novel (or its manga adaptation) because the protagonist (Cecily) is more likeable and less aggressive than her anime counterpart. All three versions (novel, manga and anime) has likeable characters, good fight scenes and a greatly developped romance. The only con about the anime is the terrible ending which might dissapoints you, but it's still great.

EDIT : Also, you might create two new suggestion threads, as suggested by tolido : the romance manga/novel-only thread and the mindf*ck dark anime thread (with or without romance between the titles).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-03-13 at 15:07.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 21:59   Link #332
erakk
Damned Basterd

I am new here but im going to give some opinions on some manga/animes some people already told you about:

The Sacred Blacksmith
The anime is good, but the ending let me down.
The manga follows the LN faithfully and it blows the anime away.
obs.
-protag is badass, serious personality, dark past.
-female protag becomes badass, matures along the story
-fights are amazing.

ano natsu de matteru
You WILL enjoy this. I guarantee.
obs.
-nah, dont wanna spoil it. it has most of what you want. A lot.

Zero no Tsukaima f
Well, what can i say. it has the same feeling as the others, and both protagonists relation becomes very cute and funny (well it already was).
obs.
-You know the drill. since you saw the others.

Highschool DxD
I'm not watching the anime, due to the excessiveness of bouncing boobs.
Sorry i'd rather get a good plot (well it does follow the LN and the story IS good. and it's not that i don't like boobs, just... Damn. YOU might enjoy it alot.)
obs.
-Bouncing Boob Paradise
-Weak protag gets strong, has a secret and a personality wich later makes the girls fall for him (for a reason).

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!
uh... it is good. it's fun, but the end was... kinda weak.
VN is heaps better, and it has a group translating it (route per route, has 4/5 main routes done and some side routes)
obs.
-protag is a genius badass hentai. and That's GOOD.
-one of the girls has a different personality from the origial (VN)
-it's fun.

Sword Art Online
Yes i am a fanboy. It's EXCELENT. (the LN. the manga doesn't seems good. but i am waiting for the anime)
obs.
-Badass protag. smart, lonewolf, thinks fast, kind of lazy. the girls like him for a reason. and he develops a relationship with one.
-female protag(s) all badass in their own way. They are not the "weak omg protect me" or "excessive tsundere". They have very good personalities.
-Story goes dark very often, but it's not depressive. It's still a kickass plot, but not thaaaaat original( awesome though)
-it tries to be realistic by giving small explanations about some aspects of the game they play/the fights/ the tecnology of the world they live.

Darker Than Black
Almost perfect. all it needed is... not to end.
the romance is VERY LIGHT, but it exists.
iobs.
-protag. is kinda... the definition of black coat badass.
-plot is kinda complex and original.
-the fights and powers. Are amazing.
-The story is based on logic. If something happens, if someone does something, expect a goooood reason for it to happen.

These are MY opinions, but after reading your request i found myself similar to you in SOME points (not that strong romance, but i like it, like mature-not-stupid protag and smart-girl-who-doesnt-fall-in-love-for-no-reason and a developing relationship. But i like lots of realistic serious action and plot.
These ones i talked about dont fully represent my taste. but i know them.
erakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:28   Link #333
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

SOrry for the wait, i just got back from university;

Ok, i have to make myself clear: the romance is a must. There must be an undergoing relation, some kind of "love" tension, anything hinting a love interest and the kind.

Mirai nikki started as a "normal" story with some fantasy elements:
Spoiler for plot:

So, in the end, Mirai nikki had the romance in it, there were kisses and much more, but for the ones knowing the story, you understand that that kind of romance is screwed. What made me like it was the mindfuck within, but it was only that. I was put into a situation where i had started a romance, and i was happy, but then that "romance" turned dark, and i'd have better dropped it; however, i couldn't do the latter, because the story was too much mysterious and interesting, and i had to continue it.

So don't get me wrong when i say that this show entertained me: it was just because i took the "romance" bait and was thrown in this crazy story. I may have interest in this kind of fucked up things, but that isn't the main purpose of this topic. I'm mainly looking for stories having some romance in it.

If the anime is very good, then I can accept the kind of romance that can be found in Welcome to the NHK, but only if the anime is objectively good.

As i stated before, i really wanted to watch Death Note, and i actually have it on my computer, but i never really started it because, some time ago, when it finished airing, everyone was spreading the word about
Spoiler for end:
and already knowing the end just killed any little interest i had in it. I planned on watching it anyways, but i'm aware i won't get the full surprise effect when it comes to that, so it's really low on my list. I would pay someone to remove that memory from my mind.

Tonight i'll probably start Samurai girls. Always thanks for your suggestions, they are very appreciated.
Old 2012-03-16, 15:18   Link #334
Elegance

Highschool DxD is almost finished, just one more episode to go. I enjoyed this one quite a bit.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 16:39   Link #335
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye, that's already on the list, and is actually the title that got the most chance of getting in my top10.

Anyways, finished watching Samurai Girls, and i found it pretty similar to Sekirei, but i liked more the latter probably because there was more... feeling? I don't know, but i still felt like the characters were somehow "distant" in this anime, no matter how many kisses and boobs they put in there. It was nonetheless enjoyable and had hugeloads of fanservice.

I'll now start Special A

PS
I noticed that i'm missing Mirai Nikki; at the beginning i thought i was just disturbed by how the story evolved, but now that i think about it, i really liked it and was interested in it. If you find any other manga like Mirai Nikki, with romance and much mindfuck, i would really be grateful.
Old 2012-03-16, 17:04   Link #336
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If you find any other manga like Mirai Nikki, with romance and much mindfuck, i would really be grateful.
Those words alone reminds me of School Days that you hate, LOL .

Ok, seriously now. If you're looking for romance and mindfuck manga, go for Neon Genesis Evangelion manga. If you like what you read in that manga, go for the TV series, then The End of Evangelion movie (the true ending of the TV series). When you're done with that, go watch Rebuild of Evangelion movies starting from Evangelion 1.0: You are (not) Alone then Evangelion 2.0: You can (not) Advance. Have a nice journey .
Old 2012-03-16, 17:20   Link #337
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I like the mindfuck as long as it doesn't get too sad like in school days; i mean, Mirai nikki was bloody and all, but the story was interesting, you had to deal with this crazy girl hiding corpses and doing weird stuff, and the protagonist wasn't a dick like makoto. I didn't like school days because the protagonist was disturbing and a douchebag, that was it.

Anyways, beside evangelion, isn't there anything else settled in the present and not some futuristic/past era with monster tecnologies and stuff?

Btw, i finished watching the first episode of Special A, but i'm getting the feeling of Kaicho wa maid sama, and i confirmed a thing: i truly can't enjoy an anime as long as the girl is the protagonist. I just fail at empathizing with the protagonist for obvious reasons. Also, why is every character so long legged ._., they rather look like stick figures or something.

I'll drop it for the moment, and start Karin. Let me know if i really should take SA back.
Old 2012-03-16, 17:45   Link #338
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

The closest thing to Nirai Nikki is probably Deadman wonderland the romance is there but you have to wait for it. everything else is pretty much the same except the setting.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3986/Deadman_Wonderland

the spoiler you put up for death note happens but is not the real ending.with Karin you have to be patient for 5 episodes after that it gets interesting.
Old 2012-03-16, 21:34   Link #339
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Neon Genesis Evangelion is the only thing other one I can think of that is romance and mindscrew. Don't read the manga first. It was an anime original, so watch the original anime series.

Wait... there is one show... I guess maybe FLCL (Fooly Cooly), but that's just insane. Human beings cannot withstand the mindblender of FLCL without permanent damage. I only saw three episodes and I was in a coma for two days.

Dororon Enma-kun Meera Meera would be a better place to start.

PS: Crap! I just had to think of FLCL again- Now I'm having flashbacks to that nightmare about the crazy pink haired girl charging at me on her scooter while wielding her gas powered guitar as my head explodes.

I should have left the memories buried!

Last edited by Sackett; 2012-03-16 at 21:55.
Old 2012-03-17, 02:49   Link #340
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Don't read the manga first. It was an anime original, so watch the original anime series.
I really mean no harm/offense to you Sackett, but I think Classified Info is looking for romance first then mindfuck later. In that regard, Evangelion manga really suit it coz the romance in it is actually more prevalent than the TV anime. I also put into consideration that Classified Info generally don’t like anime from the early 90s (Evangelion TV series is + from 1993). In addition, his original request was a romance-mindfuck manga, not anime. Once again, this is not a personal attack to you or your suggestion, Sackett. Your suggestion are still good. Classified Info can still choose your suggestion over mine anytime he wants .