AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 13:38   Link #341
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Apparently we going to have Prequel featuring Sinbad

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:40   Link #342
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Apparently we going to have Prequel featuring Sinbad
Is that some special chapters? Where did you get this information?
Old 2012-10-28, 13:44   Link #343
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Is that some special chapters? Where did you get this information?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-sinbad-manga

Old 2012-10-28, 13:46   Link #344
Lummie

Magi 159 is out!

Does the author hate Hakuryuu or something? He's nowhere in Aladdin's group of friends, does he hold so little worth to Aladdin? I spot even minor characters who barely hold any role in the story.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 14:34   Link #345
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Does the author hate Hakuryuu or something? He's nowhere in Aladdin's group of friends, does he hold so little worth to Aladdin? I spot even minor characters who barely hold any role in the story.
Aladdin offered Hakuryuu his friendship, and he rejected it. It's Hakuryuu who excluded himself from Aladdin's circle of friends. That's probably why he doesn't appear in that picture.
Old 2012-10-28, 17:14   Link #346
yuzen003

So based on what is known through 159 Mogamett and his people were oppressed, he eventually came to the conclusion that the magicians were a superior breed of people, leading him to seek the overthrow of the government and forming a new government with magicians on top in order to protect his people. I wonder if he was an intentional Magneto expy, the name is even sort of similar.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 17:38   Link #347
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
So based on what is known through 159 Mogamett and his people were oppressed, he eventually came to the conclusion that the magicians were a superior breed of people, leading him to seek the overthrow of the government and forming a new government with magicians on top in order to protect his people. I wonder if he was an intentional Magneto expy, the name is even sort of similar.
It's not exactly like that.
Spoiler for chapter 160:

He's wrong though, since not all humans are like he describes them. And I'm pretty sure not all magicians are like he believes they are either. Besides, he seems to be trying to have the moral high ground by claiming he's just doing what the Rukh wants him to do.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-10-28 at 17:54.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 17:48   Link #348
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Aladdin offered Hakuryuu his friendship, and he rejected it. It's Hakuryuu who excluded himself from Aladdin's circle of friends. That's probably why he doesn't appear in that picture.
A valid reason I can't disagree with.

Anyway, these chapters are just getting better and better. The hatred against the Goi is rooted very deep but I do think that if Aladdin wants to change anything in Magnostatt, a confrontation with the possible Al-Sarmen presence there will be unavoidable as they're currently disrupting things leaving no room for any peaceful solutions.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 17:58   Link #349
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Thats not the case , what happened to dunya was unfortunate but mogamett has also have his righful reasons . I accept mogametts thinking is wrong but its the old empire that pushed him to that kind of desparate thinking because of their corruptness . Even citizens admit that they were in worse condition in old empire which shows mogamett is more mercifull then old king , also people who have skills can also live comfortable life so he isnt just unfair .

What mogamett discards is people who doesnt have a worth but even in our world there are people like that ( homeless people in america , drug dealers etc.. ) all these kinds of people born because rich and people of high status ignore them . I think instead of discarding this kind of people we should show them the right way , mogamett is like any of us who doesnt look at homeless or thinks thiefs are bad people just because they are bad etc...

You look at dunya and see a poor princess but you cant see the poor people dunyas father opressed and made them live in shitty enviroment , what did dunya do for her people did she even looked how poor lived etc... ignorance is sin itself how can a princess of a country can be that ignorant , what did she even knew about her people .

I am not agreeing how mogamett does things but its understandeble how he got there , i also agree mogamett is in a wrong way so lets hope he changes his mind and try coexisting with other people . Mogamett is a good man he just lost his faith to humanity becuse of corruptness of the old empire so if aladdin can show him that there are decent people exist even in non magicians he will probably gain his good old heart again .

Humans doesnt live in a straight line in all their lives and everyone makes mistakes , lets also not forget that everyone hated old empire not just mogamett . You are just seeing princess wiev which is no different then that marie antoinette who said citizens should eat cake if they cant find pan but if someone cant even eat pan how would they eat a cake .
2/3rds of his people are hopeless cattle to be drained as fuel until they are extinguished. Said people may have been oppressed under the previous regime but is it worse than now? Mogamett is hypocritical as hell...his entire repository of knowledge could have been spent creating ways to generate Magoi more efficiently but instead he leeches of the populace. It's ironic how his own fellow mages suffered the same thing yet instead of solving the problem he just pushes it to others who never had the chance to escape that fate.

Dunya may be ignorant but she doesn't actively do anything to anyone unlike this guy
Old 2012-10-28, 18:07   Link #350
yuzen003

He is forcing the Goi to live in concentration camps, draining them of their magoi, then throwing them into a hole to die when they are no longer useful (and possibly making black metal tools). Maybe he's very deluded or a massive hypocrite, but he seems to be doing more harm then good.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 18:35   Link #351
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Besides, he seems to be trying to have the moral high ground by claiming he's just doing what the Rukh wants him to do.
That pretty much sums it up.
We have seen this face many times before.
Tyrants who upheld either ideology or religion in their manifest to justify their actions.
We have seem them, they have always been ugly.
Old 2012-10-28, 21:36   Link #352
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

but you have to judge him by ancient society standard when owning a slave is considered as normal
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:55   Link #353
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Owning 200,000 slaves sure isn't though :P The thing is, he just took the place of his oppressors, I bet in a few chapters he'll be saying that everything bad in the world comes from the actions of goi, so killing them all will make the world a better place...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 03:18   Link #354
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
but you have to judge him by ancient society standard when owning a slave is considered as normal
As far as I know, no tyrant in history of mankind has converted 2/3 of his entire population into slaves.
Because, duh, that's not physically sustainable. Not like we have magic in our world.

Besides, these people are not treated as slaves. They're treated more like cattles.
Old 2012-10-29, 04:57   Link #355
Key Board
Carbon

Magonat probably lost hope in muggles.

so he decided to take things into his own hand

reminds me of this..

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 05:04   Link #356
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If Moganett had a choice, he'd probably condemn even those tax-paying, rich or highly skilled gois.

But I guess running a country still needs the money and services that magic can't replicate, and there's not enough magicians yet.

So he has to tolerate them, for the sake of his fellow beloved magician kins.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:44   Link #357
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So..magi 160 is out and it looks like we really catch up now Seriously though.. I wonder how Aladdin and the other would resolve this. Also I think that guy was wrong in one thing.. eventhough magicians only wanted to pursue knowledge, it's not like that they couldn't succumb to the very same evil like what he saw in those nobles. Just look at that woman in the previous arc where she 'enslaved' those children... the type of evil might be different but I think it's as disgusting as those nobles that enslaved the magicians back then.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:47   Link #358
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

now we go weekly basis. kinda miss daily magi.

anyway Aladdin probably say: I trust my friend.

Old 2012-10-29, 09:56   Link #359
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I just got hooked into this series so far and I love it! I'm up to 75 right now.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 10:01   Link #360
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

You know...for Magnoshutatt to be able to recruit so many foreign mages with such lousy indoctrination...and no one actually rejecting him openly....is kind of amazing

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen