AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-06, 14:00   Link #21
meingts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKun
you only encode the stuff you decode
Not sure what you mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flammie
Well, my p2 400 with 256 megs of ram plays the file about as well as any other xvid file using ffdshow, and is just barely choppy using the xvid decoder, so unless their machines are seriously underpowered, I doubt this is the issue.
Hm. Well I suppose I could just decode it with ffdshow and leave it at that no need for me to make a big fuss. What bothered me though was that ffdshow would skip frames. If you take a look at the OP karaoke it doesn't appear smooth; whereas if you use the XviD decoder instead of ffdshow it looks smoother. (The other eps didn't have frame skipping problems, I think, so if you saw the OP karaoke on those eps you should have an idea.)

I guess it isn't too big an issue for some people though so...yes, ffdshow is certainly an option.
Old 2004-01-06, 15:36   Link #22
ZeroKun

[QUOTE=meingts]Not sure what you mean...

If i cant decode the episode properly, how can i reencode it? You forgot that reencoding something requires you to be able to decode it
Old 2004-01-06, 16:21   Link #23
meingts

If you have XviD 1.0b3 installed then reencoding should work. You're only having _lag_ problems, right?

Open it up in VirtualDub, see if anything weird comes up. If not, then give it a shot.

Leave me a msg if you still need help. I really don't want to pollute this thread further =P
Old 2004-01-06, 16:47   Link #24
ZeroKun

No It doesnt work, if i reencoded it into divx since i get the lags and quality loss, the same will happen with divx. "Crap in, crap out"
Old 2004-01-07, 02:51   Link #25
Sparky32

How does it lag exactly anyway? If you see it stop and pop up with a bunch of pixels then continue, then that means the file is not complete and can be continued with bittorrent. If its corrupt, again continue with bittorrent and it'll be fixed.
The latest codecs are the xvid mention multiple times and Divx pro 5.1 or above. Using my Codec finder, its says xvid is the video codec. The other thing you can do is simply uninstall your codecs and reinstall them because when you try to overwrite xvid with a newer version, you'll get some error, so just uninstall and install the xvid beta 3 again. If that doesn't work, then its just all about trial and error.
Old 2004-01-07, 16:00   Link #26
ZeroKun

no nots not that bad as to where scenes clash. It plays slowly, and stops at some points.
Old 2004-01-07, 16:05   Link #27
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKun
no nots not that bad as to where scenes clash. It plays slowly, and stops at some points.
Just out of curiosity, what are your system specs? Cpu type and freq and video card? Maybe your computer is too weak to play the file.
Old 2004-01-07, 20:20   Link #28
ZeroKun

shouldnt be too weak..1.1ghz 128mb ram and onboard via, which plays everything else perfect.