AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 10:16   Link #20761
demino_hellsin
That one guy

There's also the fact I know next to nothing about them. How they operate, what kind of objectives are they setting, what the named members are like. Stuff like that.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 10:20   Link #20762
Eratas123

@ Demi - All we know is thatthey have two branches. One does the planning, and one does the doing. Neither side works without the consent of the other or there are dire consequences.

@ Meistah - Come to think of it, how is prince boy a butt monkey? He seems pretty well off and gets with Gin

Side note - Butt monkey's under my care get the short end of the stick as long as it's a humor segment. Ichika and Irish can attest to that.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:21   Link #20763
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

PT actually trying to rob Silver Gospel jsut when it was getting sealed in an American base, and the perpetrator is none other than M. Just read V6 intro.

When I said Dan is able to catch up, I never said Dan is a better fighter. Ichika still a step above him and had they share the same training regiment, it'll keep that way.

Houki might win against Ichika in Kendo match anytime, but had they involved in a fistfight, Ichika or Dan will own Houki like easy. Charles and Tatenashi can win against Ichika because they're more skilled and has real training experience, Laura can also win because she's from military and a superhuman herself.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:24   Link #20764
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is PT really a "kill all men" kind of group?
Old 2012-02-03, 10:25   Link #20765
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Huh? I thought they took something else:/ Did they specifically mention the Gospel?

Still, pretty damn impressive for catching up against the badass abnormal Tell me, who doesn't take the awesome juice in your fic

@ Demi - Nah, we just made that up. They're an all female group, but not genocidal on the male gender (At least, we haven't seen them do this).
Old 2012-02-03, 10:28   Link #20766
demino_hellsin
That one guy

if they did catch Lyon and Gospel, would they coerce or just take the unit by force?(kill Lyon and wipe Gospel's OS or just experiment on it)
Old 2012-02-03, 10:30   Link #20767
Eratas123

Take it and kill him if they have to/take it, but don't kill him. They seem to avoid killing in canon, but this apparently doesn't extend to pilots based on Arachne's actions.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:32   Link #20768
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's crystal clear they're after gospel, but apparently Madoka was surprised Americans has other prototype (if I'm not wrong again). They seems think killing infantry is not worth the effort, but might not extent to pilot in this case...

Ran doesn't (as always, she doesn't count ), Tatenashi got a nerf in strength but otherwise still the best amongst students, Kanzashi... haven't gauge her power level yet.

EDIT: Oh, Chifuyu and Tabane stay the same as canon.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:34   Link #20769
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'll try to process all these and see if I can get myself to write well going to sleep.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:35   Link #20770
Eratas123

@ Senpai - You gotta wonder why they don't kill mooks. Maybe they're not so sure about pissing off the army for real?

Side note - Kanzashi? She built her unit almost on her own and doesn't even use hand gauntlets s she can multi-task her attacks. I'd say she's pretty good.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:37   Link #20771
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe repeating the history that I.S.. are supposed to be invincible against conventional armies, otherwise, I don't know :|

Hmm, gadgetry type eh? How about her combat ability?

EDIT: Oh, I'll upgrade it... she'll be somewhat proficient with her Naginata, Lady of War indeed.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:40   Link #20772
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Which is odd because Arcachne was specifically trying to kill Ichika.

Side note - As good as the rest of the cast. She can keep an opponent busy and is good at crowd control with her ballistics.

Side note 2 - Does anybody in the cast seem like a Shallow Love Interest?
Old 2012-02-03, 10:51   Link #20773
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*shrug*

Maybe because she's plain nuts? M was noted specifically NOT to kill the infantrymen (even if shew wanted to). Squall likely not give such order to Autumn.

Anyone of the could be one... even Charlotte so to speak. Frankly, almost everyone except Tatenashi, if I had to be cruel. Just not as obvious as examples from other anime (even then, this is mostly my opinion).

"What would this character's personality be like if they'd never met the protagonist?"
"What do they talk about and do together other than wax poetic about how much they're in love?"
- Des Anges

Even I jsut began to realize it recently and began incorporate it into Sacred Twins... with varying result due to it's being experimental effort (the breast-themed conversation being one of them, seriously).
Old 2012-02-03, 10:56   Link #20774
Eratas123

Why would they kill Ichika? Do they want to asset female dominance or something? Cause that's the only reason I can think of.

Not that's surprising. You mentioned multiple times you dislike Tatenashi, but you say she's the only one not Shallow? What led to this conlusion?
Old 2012-02-03, 11:04   Link #20775
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dislike her due to the crazy shit she pulled and her entrance pretty much kicked everyone else to the side, and the fact that she screw Ichika over and over again really unfitting the rest of harem antics, and of course there's also her being overpowered (of course that's my personal opinion as reader, once again, I'm an asshole member of minority here).

If you notice however, her motivation is not merely about Ichika. She has her organization, she has the Student Council, she has issue with her sister. Now I ask, did other heroines have such? no...

Dunois issue is long forgotten, Schwarzer Hase has not much use except Clarissa being shipper (except the Gospel capture, that is), Houki's issue with Tabane is self-resolving. Rin is merely being selfish, Cecilia is pretty much self explanatory. I consider this as plus point for Tatenashi.
Old 2012-02-03, 11:10   Link #20776
Eratas123

How is her screwing over Ichika any different than the rest of the girls? She at least doesn't beat him for the slightest offenses and helps him out when the others try to. On the other hand, where exactly did we see her org? Yup, she mentioned it in V5 and it was never brought up again. Same with the student council antics side those rarely show up either. The only saving grace is that her actions aren't motivated or she isn't thinking constantly of Ichika alone. Even V4 was mostly due to Ichika, and he didn'r even appear all that much.
Old 2012-02-03, 11:21   Link #20777
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So, it's because of her not being part of the harem huh? I guess I'm wrong again, oh well.

Anyway, it was ironic as hell, considering that of all heroines in Sacred Twins, Madoka is... frankly the FLATTEST love interest. Cecilia, Rin and Ran at least has reason about screentime.. Madoka on the other hand...
Old 2012-02-03, 11:25   Link #20778
Eratas123

@'Senpai - Not that hard to remedy. Just show scenes where she's off by herself and doing her own thing. Maybe her school life when she was younger and her new friend's in ISA?

Side note - Madoka's not the flattest, Rin and Laura are
Old 2012-02-03, 11:29   Link #20779
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@'Asage - What's that fic about?

@ Yachi - What about your fic? Do you still plan to do the alternate dimensions one?
It is about man's attempt to reassert domination over the female dominated society after the development of the IS using another impractical weapons system to counter the problem. What Empyrean was trying to do was find out why IS only reacts to him, when he finds out it is because of his family roots and he doubts Ichika will be willing throw his limbs away to fund IS research for male compactability. Empyrean snaps and sees the only solution to the problem is to prove the AC's capability through war and proving just how inferior IS were to them.

Of course Empyrean is also knows that despite the female dominance, politicians and corporation were still run by old men and this is where he felt is completely hypocritical about the so called "Female dominated world" and goes after them as well as they will rather accept IS technology than the new technology. As time goes on, Empyrean plans to expand his holdings rapidly and helps Magi to assume power.
Old 2012-02-03, 11:31   Link #20780
Eratas123

Empyrean sounds like a villain protagonist. Moreso, he sounds like a terrorist. A lot of terrorists use the same justifications. Sounds interesting

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest