AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-05-07, 03:54   Link #101
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I think the worst part of the name is that Nintendo think that they can change a pronoun for a noun in the mindset of english speaking countries. They couldnt market the purple GC successfully, how the hell people think they can market "wii" successfully?

and heavens know I love my GC and its games, but the marketing sucked big time with it, and now Im missing games like Okami because of it.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 07:05   Link #102
SDM

I was a bit unsure about the name at first, I thought revolution sounded better (still do) but I gotten used to it and it doesnt bother me that much anymore

and I might just still call it a revolution
SDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 13:22   Link #103
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Why not call it a revowiition? Encompasses it all nicely.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 14:07   Link #104
Tommy
Mr. Prince

So much bashing... Who the hell cares what the name is? I honestly don't give a shit about any consoles name. The only thing that matters to me is how it plays and how strong of a lineup it will have, nothing else matters.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 14:41   Link #105
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
On second thought, Nintendo got what they wanted: atention.
Everyone's talking about the name. Every gaming website is talking about the name.

Now no one cares if it's a stupid or an awesome name, as we all know it's already a popular name.
Akuryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 19:53   Link #106
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

This link and story might be of some interest to you people (via Digg.com)
Quote:
Time Magazine confirms Wario Ware Wii!

The following is an excerpt from Time Magazine’s article relating to Nintendo. Wario Ware confirmed inside! Thanks Alizarbe!

Nintendo gave TIME the first look at its new controller–but before I pick it up, Miyamoto suggests that I remove my jacket. That turns out to be a good idea. The first game I try–Miyamoto walks me through it, which to a gamer is the rough equivalent of getting to trade bons mots with Jerry Seinfeld–is a Warioware title (Wario being Mario’s shorter, fatter evil twin).

It consists of dozens of manic five-second mini games in a row. They’re geared to the Japanese gaming sensibility, which has a zany, cartoonish, game-show bent. In one hot minute, I use the controller to swat a fly, do squat-thrusts as a weight lifter, turn a key in a lock, catch a fish, drive a car, sauté some vegetables, balance a broom on my outstretched hand, color in a circle and fence with a foil. And yes, dance the hula. Since very few people outside Nintendo have seen the new hardware, the room is watching me closely.

(read more...)

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-05-07 at 20:47.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 06:44   Link #107
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
It does sound like a fun system. Type of thing you would play at lunch time at work, after you get back from the pub with your mates or at a party.

However the name is still hard to say and you sound silly doing it.
I'd pay 50% extra to get an offical premium hardcore version of the Wii called the "Revolution"!
My money is on the table if Nintendo wants it!

Are there multiplayer games?
Old 2006-05-08, 22:08   Link #108
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Wii implies multiplayer as the big focus of the console, you saw the flash of the presentation. The "we" reference, the "i" playing together...

I personally dont like multiplayer that much, which is a concern I have about the console.
Old 2006-05-08, 22:11   Link #109
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
My post

copyright

the first one is my post -.-
idk i bored as hell jus play along >> << >>
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 04:36   Link #110
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
Wii implies multiplayer as the big focus of the console, you saw the flash of the presentation. The "we" reference, the "i" playing together....
tbh I can't imagine playing it by myself much and it would seem a little sad to be sitting in a dark room by yourself playing with your Wii! We might need padded controllers as I imagine there will be a few Mulitplayer/Spectator Wii injuries as the controler is waved around.

No really looked into it but I've not noticed any reviews of people playing multiplay games.... has anyone seen one?

I think the more people who can play at the same time the better....so how many of these fancy motion capture controllers can the Wii handle?
Old 2006-05-09, 09:30   Link #111
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.gametrailers.com/e32k6.php?filter=wiipress

Live Broadcast of the Nintendo conference opens at 9:00AM and starts at 9:30AM Pacific Time. Everyone with a good connection head over and check it out.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 16:09   Link #112
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
(Well, I guess I can't away with posts like that like I could on BMS).

I remember two Saturdays ago that people at a game store were making fun of the name. Some dialogue:

"If you were married and you wife saw this, she would be pissed and say 'You spent $400 on wee?' 'No, it's Wii. Wii.' I mean, it's begging for shit like that." After that, I then concluded that it would be a multi-tasking device. It would allow you to play any console game whiile taking a dump or a "wee" (bathroom puns are cruise control for cool).

Hell, you know you have made a stupid choice when manga scan translators are mocking you.

Spoiler for (Yes, it's kind of a Negima! spoiler):
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 18:31   Link #113
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Nobody is really upset about the Wii name anymore, since Sony revealed PS3 to cost $600. Really, a lot of people are used to the name now.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 20:25   Link #114
mantidor
the Iniquitous

I am pretty upset, I hate it just as much as I hated it when it was announced, thank god its just a name and not something important regarding the console.
Old 2006-05-11, 12:41   Link #115
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Nintendo Revolution

w00t!! the Wii is coming out! And it's less than half of the projected price of the PS3! ($250-Wii vs. $600-PS3)

Check this out: http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

The Wii is gonna be sWiit!!

OMG New Super Smash Brothers, introducing new characters! Here: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Spoiler for New Characters!:

And introducing....
Spoiler for Warning, super-spoiler:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-05-11 at 13:05. Reason: NEXT TIME RUN A SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!11
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 13:24   Link #116
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0FYhSeZmdI

Another trailer for it. Awesome is here.

Spoiler for I think you mean:
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 23:47   Link #117
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Reguardless if it sounds like something like a toilet joke....

One thing for sure when I do get my hands on the Wii, I definitely will be going weeeeeeee!!!!!! (wiiiiiiii????) as I play it. ^^
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 23:58   Link #118
allen wallker

Location: SASKATOON SASK CANADA WEVE HAD ABSOLUTLEY NO ANIME CONS AND FULL METAL ALCHIMEST JUST STARTED ON TV
acuttly from what i know my friends have all told me is that nintendo would change the name at e3 2006
allen wallker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 00:14   Link #119
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen wallker
acuttly from what i know my friends have all told me is that nintendo would change the name at e3 2006
E3 has started and they didn't change the name. I guess your friends were wrong. Unfortunately.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 00:24   Link #120
Fel
Clean up princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
E3 has started and they didn't change the name. I guess your friends were wrong. Unfortunately.
They've still got time.

...But no, they're clearly not going to.
They can't possibly think that this is going to improve their 'kiddie' reputation with the GTA thugs.