AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-06, 02:34   Link #2081
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Meh, tied with someone else on the roll for Reins of the Twilight Drake. On the subsequent reroll, he rolls a 100 while I roll a 99... On the plus side, Darkmoon Card: Greatness is hax.
Old 2009-01-06, 02:54   Link #2082
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Meh, tied with someone else on the roll for Reins of the Twilight Drake. On the subsequent reroll, he rolls a 100 while I roll a 99... On the plus side, Darkmoon Card: Greatness is hax.
twilight drake is quite common tbh, it's a 100% drop off the timed event which is easy with a guild grp. Nothing as bad as the baron's mount or A'lar.

I say the Greatness Card will be nerf! XD way too good for majority of the classes.
Old 2009-01-06, 03:32   Link #2083
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
twilight drake is quite common tbh, it's a 100% drop off the timed event which is easy with a guild grp. Nothing as bad as the baron's mount or A'lar.

I say the Greatness Card will be nerf! XD way too good for majority of the classes.
I'm talking about:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43954

not

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43951

I can't really see greatness cards being nerfed. You get what you pay for.
Old 2009-01-06, 04:01   Link #2084
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

We had our first shot at 3 drake Sarth (10m) last night with who we had on that was bored, wow that is intense (0 drakes -> 3 drakes, don't bother with the in between!). So much more fun the most other encounters. We couldn't get past Shadron though which was a shame. I found it amusing that I was able to outlive the rest of the raid and I was tanking Sarth, somethings just so wrong with that.

Anyway we wont start our 'official' raids till tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to doing Sarth with some drakes up when we get to him in our schedule.

Not sure which Drake I prefer from that event though, Twilight or Black Drake. Always wanted a Black Drake though. I can go stand in front of Nalice and mock her with my subjugated mount! That'll learn the BDF! /nod

But srsly though does the colour scheme on the Twilight Drakes remind anyone else of a car? I dunno maybe its just all drakes, but when they are on the ground the remind me of a Ferrari with their wings at thier side like that. Looks like the body of a car.
Old 2009-01-06, 04:06   Link #2085
Xellos
There will be no miracle

We've been trying to get a shot at 10 man 3 Drake Sarth, but it never comes together for w/e reason. 25 man 3 Drake Sarth isn't so bad, it's just getting people to be aware of their surroundings. It is my favorite fight atm, since Naxx and Malygos are relatively easy. It's also a fight where Unholy shines a bit more.

Oh, I prefer the Twilight Drake. Looks better than the black, although the black is harder to get. Either way, the colors should fit a DK nicely :>
Old 2009-01-06, 05:19   Link #2086
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
I'm talking about:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43954

not

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43951

I can't really see greatness cards being nerfed. You get what you pay for.
oops my bad, didnt know there' a mount in sartharion.
Traditionally, Blizzard does not want a item to rule them all. If there is, it's going to be a legendary or high end raid content. Anyway, I'm keeping my money in the wallet for that trinket till the next content patch. The huge amount of demand for that trinket on my server makes me wary of it.
Old 2009-01-06, 16:54   Link #2087
Ending

Quote:
Their survivability is still good and their gank potency, particularly in Shadow, is still harsh. Considering all Priests now have Devouring Plague, it makes their cycle better. DP, SWP, Silence, Mind Flay, Psychic Scream, Mind Blast, re-dot.
Devouring plague was nerfed after it became baseline. I admit that shadow might have good damage potential, but priests suffer from bad damage mitigation, interrupts, lack of escape abilities, and the increased burst.

Take a look at priest forums. Or ArenaJunkies. Or anywhere. All these complaints about the PvP aspects of the game are very much justified. So I repeat: WoW simply isn't a PvP game. It might be a nice little addition to do when not raiding, but as a full-time PvP game WoW is a failure.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 21:36   Link #2088
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In looking at things, I see several opening for new materials...or continuations of storylines. You have the Black Dragonflight and their new Twilight Dragons...which means the master is out there...still. (plus Red Dragonflight is still guarding something in Grim Batol). I imagine there will be more Dragon raids (like Sartharion) added over time. Possible Black Dragonflight raids on the other flight's nests.

You have the Old God/Titans storylines in the Storm Peaks and possibly Icecrown (or a few other places even)

You have Titan/Dwarven/Gnome creation storyline that could go to any of several old Titan sights around the world.

You have opening for stuff with the Netherwing Dragons should they wish to "thank" their father for leaving them behind. Also a chance of a new raid in Outland if they "discover" Deathwing's old island lair floating out to the east of the Dark Portal.

There is the Emerald Dream/Nightmare to deal with, which could be tied to any of a half dozen things.

There is the Naga and the Maelstrom along with the South Seas and other islands/territories no yet on the map.

There is the remains of the Buirning Legion out there...someplace. I imagine they are a little upset with us now.

There are a few places that look like they could be the sight of future raids/instances around the old world and Northrend, but have no known reasoning for them to be so...yet.

And of course there is Arthus, who's been battered a couple of times so far, but still deadly to any player and commanding untold legions of undead and willing living. If he is to be end game...well...he is the Lich King...former shaman/paladin/creation of the Burning Legion that has gotten powerful enough to worry even the demons...yeah. He'll be hard.
Old 2009-01-07, 03:26   Link #2089
Xacual

The thing I see with the demons, is other then Archimonde, Magtheridon, Mannoroth, they haven't really had any huge losses. I don't count Sargeras' missing in action as a loss since we all know there is no way he died that easily. Multiple times they've described the legion as near limitless in size so I don't think we've done more then dent them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 05:41   Link #2090
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The thing I see with the demons, is other then Archimonde, Magtheridon, Mannoroth, they haven't really had any huge losses. I don't count Sargeras' missing in action as a loss since we all know there is no way he died that easily. Multiple times they've described the legion as near limitless in size so I don't think we've done more then dent them.
They've also described Archimonde and Kil'jaeden as two of the most powerful demons. In fact, originally they were the ones who corrupted Sargeras (before the retcon). So while there may be a big (huge) army hanging out somewhere in the Twisting Nether, it's kind of anticlimactic to fight them after we've already overpowered their strongest leaders.

It'd be like fighting more blue dragons after Malygos. Yeah, there probably are some out there, but why in the world would they be stronger than Malygos?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 08:00   Link #2091
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So, yeah, after basically not even playing my hunter for a month (left that crappy guild I had been talking about), I found a guild that was recruiting hunters, had cleared all content except 3 drake Sartharion, they liked my app, wanted to bring me in for a trial run, and now... the server they are on is locked to transfers starting this week. Blizzard, die.

And on that note, Wildhammer, my horde server, is a medium pop server yet now has a queue of 200-400 at prime time. Why? The server has never been listed as high pop, ever, it just goes straight from medium to locked every day. And now Proudmoore, one of the highest population servers, listed as full since I rolled my hunter there, has no queue at any time, at least for me. I know a lot of its population is spread between US and Australia but there are times when they overlap and I used to see queues of 2000 at primetime. Something is screwed up with their servers right now. I really hope they are not capping certain servers so that they remain medium pop, that would be a terrible idea.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 09:40   Link #2092
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Its a sign! You cannot leave Proudmoore unless it wants you to leave, you're one of us now. It has your soul... *evil laugh*

Also demons, MtH was basically a 'fun instance for players to do outside the story arcs' according to blizzard. The instance didn't even have any of the infinite flight. The whole instance was basically a script we just followed along, if you get my meaning. Archi was powerful though, but he is dead anyway... killed by the 'power of nature', ignoring his health bar, we we're merely distractions until the wisps arrived.

K'J is still alive and he was under the plot restriction of 'being at half power because he was only half summoned'. Under full power in the Nether, it will be interesting. Besides he's weaker then Sargeras, so he'd be a pre-final boss.. boss. (I doubt Bliz would put the two of them in the one instance given the chance, they might though.)

Alexstrasza took the essence of Malygos' power, so there will be a new Lord of Magic. Unless she keeps it for herself! Unless... *gasp* She'll kill off the other Aspects and take their power, its like Highlander or something all over again! That would be an evil plot twist, or if she and Neltharion were in cahoots. Heh, such a funny word, cahoots.

I need sleep.. badly..
Old 2009-01-07, 10:53   Link #2093
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They've also described Archimonde and Kil'jaeden as two of the most powerful demons. In fact, originally they were the ones who corrupted Sargeras
Thats not entirely correct...

Instead of an expansion, they should just make servers dedicated to Pre-BC. That would make me happy!
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 12:52   Link #2094
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Its a sign! You cannot leave Proudmoore unless it wants you to leave, you're one of us now. It has your soul... *evil laugh*

Also demons, MtH was basically a 'fun instance for players to do outside the story arcs' according to blizzard. The instance didn't even have any of the infinite flight. The whole instance was basically a script we just followed along, if you get my meaning. Archi was powerful though, but he is dead anyway... killed by the 'power of nature', ignoring his health bar, we we're merely distractions until the wisps arrived.

K'J is still alive and he was under the plot restriction of 'being at half power because he was only half summoned'. Under full power in the Nether, it will be interesting. Besides he's weaker then Sargeras, so he'd be a pre-final boss.. boss. (I doubt Bliz would put the two of them in the one instance given the chance, they might though.)

Alexstrasza took the essence of Malygos' power, so there will be a new Lord of Magic. Unless she keeps it for herself! Unless... *gasp* She'll kill off the other Aspects and take their power, its like Highlander or something all over again! That would be an evil plot twist, or if she and Neltharion were in cahoots. Heh, such a funny word, cahoots.

I need sleep.. badly..
If Alexstraza became a raid boss could we get her armor?
Old 2009-01-07, 13:49   Link #2095
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
If Alexstraza became a raid boss could we get her armor?
Yes, but it would keep the same model for male characters.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 14:45   Link #2096
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hot.

But the poor Blood Elves wouldn't fill those cups.
Old 2009-01-07, 14:49   Link #2097
Xacual

I still doubt we've seen the last of Archimonde. He seems perfect for the cause of the Emerald Nightmare, died connected to the World Tree after all. He died while siphoning the power of the World Tree and one of its powers was that it allowed the Night Elves to enter the Emerald Dream.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 14:58   Link #2098
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One wonders what the deal is between the various Archdruids and the Priestesses of Elune. We know something is up via old world quests.
Old 2009-01-07, 17:26   Link #2099
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yes, but it would keep the same model for male characters.
Well... Uhm... Hmmm. Not sure how to feel about this now
Old 2009-01-07, 22:17   Link #2100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've also started to notice that the queue is getting to be between 150-350 during the evenings again on Arygos. Maybe it is all those people who didn't get the game until Christmas, or in exchange for something they did get at Christmas (gift card or something). Only started doing this in the last week or so. Or maybe all those college kids are returning after being without for two weeks since they don't have WoW on their parent's/home computer.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows