Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-03-18, 12:58   Link #41
I EAT BABIES
With Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
And about the Quicktime Pro comment, no, don't waste money there. Get the Videora iPod Converter, its just as good if not better for converting videos to iPod and its free.
I will have to check that out. Thanks!
I EAT BABIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 13:10   Link #42
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
My birthday was on Tuesday, and now I have an iPod Shuffle. Ironically, I never use the shuffle feature since I hate it unless I'm trying to get further into my playlist. I'm sometimes too damn lazy to skip through a 100+ songs.

People using the shuffle feature for real? That's CHA-AR-RAAAY-ZAY!
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 14:21   Link #43
I EAT BABIES
With Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
My birthday was on Tuesday, and now I have an iPod Shuffle. Ironically, I never use the shuffle feature since I hate it unless I'm trying to get further into my playlist. I'm sometimes too damn lazy to skip through a 100+ songs.

People using the shuffle feature for real? That's CHA-AR-RAAAY-ZAY!
I usually in some form or another have shuffle on, even if it is just an album or artist that I'm listening to. Right now on my 60gig I don't have many playlists, just one of about 1500 songs. That's the list I go to when I just need some music I like but don't want to get too specific. Obviously with that many songs, it needs to be on shuffle.
Old 2006-03-20, 12:39   Link #44
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

I love gadgets and electronics and I am surprised that I haven't bought an Ipod myself yet...
Just not the time yet for me to switch up for an Ipod yet. I'm also stuck in the past too because I love my MD player and wouldn't trade it up for even an Ipod video.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 23:18   Link #45
Red HamsterX
Eien no ai~

Send a message via ICQ to Red HamsterX
Quote:
Originally Posted by I EAT BABIES
I usually in some form or another have shuffle on, even if it is just an album or artist that I'm listening to. Right now on my 60gig I don't have many playlists, just one of about 1500 songs. That's the list I go to when I just need some music I like but don't want to get too specific. Obviously with that many songs, it needs to be on shuffle.

I use the On The Go feature a lot, so my playlists are usually several hundred songs in size.

So, like, I agree with you. Shuffle's a must when lists start to get big.
Red HamsterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 23:49   Link #46
BPS
Banned

I just can't let go of my 86 cassette walkman
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 09:38   Link #47
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

I got a black 30GB video iPod two weeks ago... I was shopping around for a 20+ gig mp3 player to house all of my mp3s and have some space left, and although the iPod was not the cheapest option, I bought it because of its small dimensions, video capability and just bc I wanted to see what the fuss is about. The iPod is my third mp3 player ever (the first was a Thomson CD-mp3 player and the second a 512MB no-name flash memory player that stopped working a month ago), and I'm happy with it. I don't watch videos on it nearly as much as I thought I would, though, but I still think it's a nice option to have. I tried watching anime on it, and the subs are readable enough as long as you hold it like you would your cell phone. I can imagine my eyes would get tired after a while though.

What annoys me a little is the way the iPod arranges the songs -- by song name, artist, album etc... I would rather have kept my folder structure the same as it is on my PC bc I'm much more used to it. I just wonder if other HDD mp3 players do it like iPod or can you keep the folders the way they were. I'm getting used to it though and I'm quite impressed by the sound quality, especially compared to my previous player. The earbuds are no Logitech 2.1 setup that I have on my PC , but the sound is good and there's even a fairly decent amount of bass... definitely better than what I expected.
furigana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 12:46   Link #48
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
I love gadgets and electronics and I am surprised that I haven't bought an Ipod myself yet...
Just not the time yet for me to switch up for an Ipod yet. I'm also stuck in the past too because I love my MD player and wouldn't trade it up for even an Ipod video.
Wow people still use MD players? It was cool when it came out in the 1990s with track names and full digital write-rewrite capacity with ATRAC recording, but once they started going with weird stuff like Hi-MD, Net-MD, I lost confidence in the future of MDs.

However, I won't deny that I loved it back then as well. Which brand did you own? My portable one was a Sharp, the one in my car stereo was by Carrozzeria, and the home radio was made by Victor.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 19:24   Link #49
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by furigana
What annoys me a little is the way the iPod arranges the songs -- by song name, artist, album etc... I would rather have kept my folder structure the same as it is on my PC bc I'm much more used to it.
it might be too late now if you let it migrate your collection, but there is a simple option in the View -> Preferences -> Advanced -> "Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized"

uncheck it and it shouldn't do anything to your existing structure. i've never looked for a way to change newly import stuff though. That always goes to the iTunes standard i think.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 22:17   Link #50
I EAT BABIES
With Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani
it might be too late now if you let it migrate your collection, but there is a simple option in the View -> Preferences -> Advanced -> "Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized"

uncheck it and it shouldn't do anything to your existing structure. i've never looked for a way to change newly import stuff though. That always goes to the iTunes standard i think.
I believe he was talking about how the iPod categorizes the music by Artist or Album. As for the iTunes option to organize music for me, I actually like it. I keep my music organized by Artist -> Album - > Song anyway, so letting iTunes deal with renaming folders and files after I alter the ID3 tag is fine by me.
Old 2006-03-24, 06:40   Link #51
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

Yeah, I was talking about the iPod itself, not iTunes. Ah well, I'm starting to get used to it anyway. Btw, I watched a full anime ep. (Mushishi 9) on the iPod for the first time on the way to work today, and it's pretty nice, although I had to pause and squint for the tl notes bc they were a little too small on the iPod screen. I have to play around more with Videora's encoding settings though, dark scenes weren't looking too good..
Old 2006-03-24, 19:23   Link #52
sorvani

ah, well i don't use those functions. i only use playlists. i even took them off the menu. I only see Playlist, Clock, Settings, Now Playing on my menu.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 22:59   Link #53
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I EAT BABIES
As for the iTunes option to organize music for me, I actually like it. I keep my music organized by Artist -> Album - > Song anyway, so letting iTunes deal with renaming folders and files after I alter the ID3 tag is fine by me.
I imported a Dr. Dre CD, and it was horrible.

On this particular CD, most of the songs were collaborations with other artists, and iTunes created a brand new folder for each song, because it thought the artist was different for each track.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 06:14   Link #54
furigana
Eurekaaaaaa!!!

I almost always use on-the-go playlists, so sometimes finding a song using the iPod categories is a pain in the ass, because not all my songs have an id tag and the song name is weird, like starting with the track nr. or whatever. I should fix that but I'm too lazy
Old 2006-03-25, 06:31   Link #55
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Wow people still use MD players? It was cool when it came out in the 1990s with track names and full digital write-rewrite capacity with ATRAC recording, but once they started going with weird stuff like Hi-MD, Net-MD, I lost confidence in the future of MDs.

However, I won't deny that I loved it back then as well. Which brand did you own? My portable one was a Sharp, the one in my car stereo was by Carrozzeria, and the home radio was made by Victor.
Sony R70, R909 and N909. They are pretty old now so I might consider a MP3 player...Also using Sony MDR-E888SP, how are the equalizer on Ipod with okay headphones?
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 17:26   Link #56
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I imported a Dr. Dre CD, and it was horrible.

On this particular CD, most of the songs were collaborations with other artists, and iTunes created a brand new folder for each song, because it thought the artist was different for each track.
Yeah, that stuff is horrible, but I think it fixes it when you rename the artist to the same name. Just put the other artitsts' name in the title instead.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 10:11   Link #57
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Is anyone using a case for their video ipod? What is it and do you recommend it? What color is your ipod?
I'm thinking of buying one but not before I buy a case.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 18:43   Link #58
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Yeah, that stuff is horrible, but I think it fixes it when you rename the artist to the same name. Just put the other artitsts' name in the title instead.
Or just select all the tracks, go into the Get Info screen, and mark them as a Compilation. That'll stick all the tracks in an Album named folder under "Compilations," instead of storing each track in a differently named artist folder. Easy.
Old 2006-05-09, 17:16   Link #59
mistershow

I have the mini and I love it....but do you think Apple will stop supporting them since they don't make them anymore?
mistershow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 19:09   Link #60
Xuki
...zZz...zZz...

I've got the 30GB (white) one, and it's so neat ^^ love everything about it, I can even watch anime on it lol. It was given as a gift though, so I'm really grateful to that person who gave it to me
Xuki is offline   Reply With Quote