1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 06:07   Link #561
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
* Charles- the Code emblem on his hand was still there when he died. Also, why would he make Lelouch immortal?
Not true. the first thing that disappeared when Lelouch told him to begone is his arm. If you look when he recoils its shown in such a way that were not sure if he still had his Code. It deliberately ambiguous.

If they had wanted to show the audience that their was no chance lelouch had recieved Code from Charles they would've shown a close-up of his hand when he recoiled with Code being erased. They didn't so its open to interpretation.

You can't state with 100% certainity that he didn't recieve Code.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:07   Link #562
equinox822

Quote:
Er, okay.

* C.C.- taking her Code, as stated by her, meant that she would die in the process. Clearly, unless that woman in the cart is a copycat, she isn't dead.

* Charles- the Code emblem on his hand was still there when he died. Also, why would he make Lelouch immortal?

* Sayoko- incarcerated. There was no way she would have done a body double. And if she did, everyone would have noticed. Mask falling off, or wig, or whatever.

* Suzaku- those tears are pretty damn real.

* THE MYSTERIOUS DRIVER- looks like a no-name old merchant.

So, yeah.

mechalord, she's not in the lineup, she's in a fucking prison.

Jesus, you're surpassing rabid pairing fans here.
This

Spoiler:
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:08   Link #563
Hazard

Quote:
People claim that C.C.'s last glance (though it's upwards, not behind) at the driver indicates that the driver's Lelouch. If it's even at the driver. Talking to Lelouch who's no doubt in the World of C or something is a higher possibility.
I also noticed that and found it very interesting especially since they made the driver seem so dam mysterious by not showing his face and the more I watch the scene the more suspicious I get. There will no doubt be an OVA or Movie so I do find it possible that Lelouch may be alive, the writers will find a way.
Also if Lelouch did indeed stage his own death that doesn't mean Suzaku or any one else besides C.C. know about it.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:08   Link #564
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Expected ending, but still depressing never the less. I know the Death Note fans are used to it, but losing your two main chars kinda sucks.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:09   Link #565
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And you seem to forget that Nunnally was Geassed once, and even Lelouch isn't bastardly enough to have Jeremiah de-Geass her so he could Geass her again (which he clearly didn't do, or else Nunnally wouldn't have that reaction of hers) to think that he died.

Well, I'm just saying, Lelouch is pretty dead.

Eh. If they do a chart update, we'll only have to wait a day.

Er, no, equinox, Nunnally has that bizarre ability to find out the intentions of anyone by touching their hands. And Lelouch was still alive, mind.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:10   Link #566
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
The same can be said for lelouch. The only difference is that he put the interests of the WORLD first as opposed to just his countrymen.

He deserves a much better end than he got, although if it turns out that he's alive and well living with C.C. thats a start.
He put the world in the hands of Suzaku of all people how is that looking out for the world?

His entire Zero Requiem was to pull off an elaborate sucide to make Schneizel, and Euphemia look innocent.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:10   Link #567
equinox822

I wonder if they're going to release some content later today, around the time the extended preview would normally be added on their website.
Old 2008-09-28, 06:12   Link #568
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Er, no, equinox, Nunnally has that bizarre ability to find out the intentions of anyone by touching their hands. And Lelouch was still alive, mind.
Feeling the blood preasure, trembling, stifness, no?
She has been blind for quite a while you know...
Old 2008-09-28, 06:12   Link #569
equinox822

Quote:
And you seem to forget that Nunnally was Geassed once, and even Lelouch isn't bastardly enough to have Jeremiah de-Geass her so he could Geass her again (which he clearly didn't do, or else Nunnally wouldn't have that reaction of hers) to think that he died.

I doubt detecting whether someone is lying or not by grasping their hands enables her to delve into other people's memories. The reaction was clearly similar to someone touching a code-bearer. We even got that "whizz" sound effect.
Old 2008-09-28, 06:12   Link #570
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Er, okay.
Sayoko wouldn't be a double here, of course. It's Lelouch talking all the way. The exact reason for his survival doesn't really matter that much imho. Suzaku's tears don't mean anything either since only C.C., if anyone, would be privy to info about his survival. In fact, even Lelouch himself might not have known.

But what C.C. says at the end about Geass making people isolated being somewhat wrong, and addressing that to Lelouch loudly while tilting back her head (ostensibly in the direction of the hidden driver) is, to be honest, enough evidence for me to start doubting his death. Not saying outright that he is alive for sure, but I can't say that he is "deader than dead" as you put it.

So, yeah, what?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:13   Link #571
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Hmm at the end C.C. says Lulu's name just like she communicated with Marianne.

No news on ova and extra episodes though. So no conclution yet.

Sunrise I hate you >:[
Old 2008-09-28, 06:13   Link #572
ksfst

Quote:

Guys, i follow this forum since a long time! But never registered an account... but now i had to do it just to say this: Don't forget that this guy is the same guy who screamed all the way "Nunnally is dead, can't you f*king understand?".
Update chart? Did you forget that Nunnally was set dead there too? LOL
ksfst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:14   Link #573
coba

Quote:
Well, C.C. said that Lelouch has the power to kill her. Also, extracting her Code might mean death for her, since, as Charles was doing so, she seemed pretty damn hesitant to do it before Lelouch snapped her out of it.
Well we know that by achieving geass in both eyes, Lulu can take the code which = she lost the immortality = she can be killed. I am not really so sure on what she & Charles are going to do in the ep 15 so I can't really confirm on whether transferring the code = intant death or there is something else involve doen there. From the nun-CC transfer though, I can see that there is blood pool in the background where the nun's body is shown indicating that she died likely due to the stab (probably the nun stab herself, CC stab her for self defense, or the code transfer involves stabbing/blood connection/etc.). I personally would not rule out the possibility that the code transfer will kill C.C., but I wouldn't rule out the posiblity that she will be alive either.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:15   Link #574
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, for one thing, I'm pretty sure taking the Code off of Charles, if it happened, would be a lot more flashier than just choking the guy.

Perfectly aware of that, ksfst.
Old 2008-09-28, 06:15   Link #575
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

As i was looking at the wedding picture posted, I had the odd feeling
that Gino and Kallen are pretty much only friends. O__o
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:16   Link #576
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
I doubt detecting whether someone is lying or not by grasping their hands enables her to delve into other people's memories. The reaction was clearly similar to someone touching a code-bearer. We even got that "whizz" sound effect.
No it wasn't the same, it was clearly Nunally's ability to understand people when she is touching their hands it have been already stated that she has this "power".

I'd like to think he is alive but well...he wasn't the farmer, this guy seems old and CC was looking towards the sky :/

His death was beautiful anyway, really.

And taking someon's code kills him, IIRC.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:17   Link #577
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
first macross frontier ending with a wtf ending now this :/
quite dissapointed.
btw did kallen got to say her gum line eveyrone was talking about?
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:17   Link #578
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'll just say that I'm very happy with the ending, Lelouch is a great man.

Maybe because Zero Requiem was exactly the way I thought: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=7232

The show ended greatly. I'm sorry if you don't understand Japanese for now, even more sorry if you didn't even understand what Lelouch was doing from the start.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:19   Link #579
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
first macross frontier ending with a wtf ending now this :/
quite dissapointed.
btw did kallen got to say her gum line eveyrone was talking about?
Nope- she didn't say it.
Old 2008-09-28, 06:19   Link #580
Water
イデアがない。

The "Code transfer logic" kind of goes unexplained in the series. How exactly do you transfer your code to others?

Possibilities:

1. Make a pact with someone. As time passes and frequent use of the Geass power, it would be evolved (Double-eyed Geass I presume.) Then, The Code holder would die (by suicide or other methods) and the code is automatically transferred?

2. Code transfer can be made out of will?

3. Code holder will have his code automatically transferred to the double-eyed Geass user who directly causes his death?
Water is offline   Reply With Quote