AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-03, 09:41   Link #881
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Really? I've been to a number of different places (Reddit, ANN, MAL), and it seems like everyone's on the side of Sorachi taking it easy for as long as he needs. Maybe they were kids... :/
On Yorozuyasoul there was one....guess I'm overreacting here over one guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
maybe they mean 3 chapters ahead of last publishing one.

Because usually, mangaka draw 3~ chapters ahead of last publishing one.
(not drawing three at same time)

mean if chapter 10 out, editors already had at-least another 3 chapters ready to publish in case something happened while author working this week on chapter 14

example: Gintama-mangaka might fall sick in middle of week, so he couldn't finish last chapter, yet they still release one because it already been done.
It was actually more along the lines of "two or three chapters at once he comes back at once". Regardless of how things works, Shounen Jump will be publishing it as per normal once Sorachi recovers.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 17:44   Link #882
BPD Renegade

Thought it would be better to talk about this here, since it's probably spoilerish:

Has anyone been able to figure out what the shadowed scene is in the ED flashback pans? There's something going on starting from when kid-Gin is with his sword up until near the end of the ED, but I can't get the lighting right to figure out what it is. :/

Btw, notice the scene where Takasugi is walking away, and then the feet in the puddle turn back. What a nice little easter egg for the 516 cover page:
Spoiler for :

"I will save you so just trust me" being sung during that one scene also grazed me pretty hard. It's like Gin was saying that to Takasugi. Oh man, I just wasted a few hours going back and reading that arc. Freakin' Banrise with its teasers.

Studio needs to save up every yen for when it's time to animate it.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 18:28   Link #883
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Where's the anime at right now anyway? I need to catch up.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 22:21   Link #884
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Where's the anime at right now anyway? I need to catch up.
Right now it's jumping around chapter 400-500. The recent episode adapted chapters 486 and 434.

So basically they're adapting everything before "that" arc since that's the point of no return.
Old 2015-10-15, 01:21   Link #885
Ladiusman

And Gintama's officially back! No raws yet, but there's a chapter translation of 560 up on Yorozuyasoul.
Old 2015-10-15, 17:34   Link #886
Peanutbutter

In the latest episode, that talks about Gorilla and the Ape Boy stuff, was that part in the manga?

More importantly, is that part giving us a hint as to how the current situation between the Fab Four against their master will end?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 09:17   Link #887
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
In the latest episode, that talks about Gorilla and the Ape Boy stuff, was that part in the manga?

More importantly, is that part giving us a hint as to how the current situation between the Fab Four against their master will end?
Yes, that was in the manga. I don't think it's related to the current situation though.
Old 2015-10-17, 02:36   Link #888
BPD Renegade

'Final Blade' Well, that's not a harbinger of the end at all. And all of those character intros. What is this, Bleach? With Batou's intro, looks like Gin's flashback is finally heading up the queue.

Meanwhile, shit, it's Kagura's old man vs. Gintoki's. Will Umibouzu be the next character to kick the bucket?

Anyway, some thoughts:

I was reading Oil Rain (chapter 498) from a while back, and I noticed some eerie parallels between that chapter and Gintama... When I read it, I thought the chapter itself was a bit odd, as the overall tone was depressing. While not all standalone Gintama chapters are comedic, those that aren't don't usually end on such a grim note. The old lady who fell ill never made a reappearance, and we're left to construe that she passed on through the wrecking ball coming to tear down the shop. *There was never a chance for recovery.*

What if the vending machine is a metaphor for the Gintama manga, and we, the audience, are Tama? After all this time, Gintama has been spitting out content at a seemingly random sequence. We never knew what we were going to get: same with the cig boxes. Sometimes we got a random standalone chapter (a cigarette butt), sometimes we got trolled (Hijikata bonked on the head), and sometimes we got a huge arc (cigarette jackpot), but throughout it all, we had never received a proper flashback arc, and Tama never received Otose's cigarette brand.

The vending machine held back on it, afraid that Tama would leave once it coughed it up, but once she reassured it that she would keep coming back, he gave her Otose's brand, and subsequently passed on. Is this an extended metaphor from Sorachi foreshadowing the Shogon Assassination Arc and subsequent events? Sort of like, he refused to give it to us, because we might have lost interest in Gintama if we found out what happened, but now that we're all in love with Gintama, he can give us the past events knowing that we will still think fondly of it, and once he does, Gintama can rest in peace.

It would be fitting as this chapter occured just a few chapters before the Arc of No Return. Gorilla-sensei is also the type of guy who would say something as deprecating as, "The one that gave a duty to an unneeded piece of junk . . . is you" about his own work. And speaking of self-deprecating, the fact that he chose cigarettes of all things for an extended metaphor might say something as well.

Now that Sorachi-sensei is ill, I had an even worse train of thought that, what if the old lady was a metaphor for Sorachi-sensei? But I really don't want to go there, *knock on wood*. It's just a seasonal cold or something, that's all...
Old 2015-10-23, 17:32   Link #889
BPD Renegade

Last week's chapter and this week's chapter... So when did Kubo Tite take over Gintama? Was Sorachi-sensei's sickness a ruse? During those couple weeks he was down, did Kubo secretly take Sorachi-sensei captive out of sheer envy over how great Gintama is? Because I am totally getting Bleach vibes over these new character intros. :/
Old 2015-10-23, 19:18   Link #890
Ladiusman

Bleach vibes as in how? Well, it's not like the mini-boss trope is anything new in Gintama, Sorachi-sensei also used it back in the Yagyuu arc.

Besides, the fights in Gintama are way more awesome than in Bleach and we've never gotten a proper fight for both Zura and Loud Guy.

Now that I think about this, this whole "Kubo Tite has replaced the Gorilla" or whatever is getting really old now. I mean, I chucked as first, but give it rest guys. And I can't even believe that people are also comparing this to Fairy Tail of all things. :/

Last edited by Ladiusman; 2015-10-23 at 20:32.
Old 2015-10-23, 20:30   Link #891
Peanutbutter

I hope that's not Umibozu's death flag I'm seeing.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 03:09   Link #892
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Bleach vibes as in how? Well, it's not like the mini-boss trope is anything new in Gintama, Sorachi-sensei also used it back in the Yagyuu arc.

Besides, the fights in Gintama are way more awesome than in Bleach and we've never gotten a proper fight for both Zura and Loud Guy.

Now that I think about this, this whole "Kubo Tite has replaced the Gorilla" or whatever is getting really old now. I mean, I chucked as first, but give it rest guys. And I can't even believe that people are also comparing this to Fairy Tail of all things. :/
Lighten up man, I'm not dissing on Gintama or Sorachi by saying it, and I can't really recall anyone here bringing it up much, so I don't see how it's gotten old. Still, you're seriously not getting Bleach vibes? 12 divisions? Captains of each division popping up, names and titles and all? How can you not see the Bleach in it? I'm just waiting for Sorachi to drop the punchline within the next chapter or two.

And let's please not even use Fairytail in the same context as Gintama. There's just no basis for comparison. Why there are people who genuinely praise it as the "greatest thing ever" is beyond me. Then again, I haven't read it in years, so I don't know if it ever moved beyond boobs, fanboy/girl wet dream characters, and generic shonen plot.

Back on the chapter though, for some reason, I feel like Takasugi is secretly awake by now, and he's just pretending to be unconscious. And also, won't his muscles be too atrophied to fight? He's been in that coma for months now. Or was there some super alien tech at work? Man, Sorachi's setting keeps coming in handy for these things.
Old 2015-10-24, 03:46   Link #893
Ladiusman

Quote:
Lighten up man, I'm not dissing on Gintama or Sorachi by saying it, and I can't really recall anyone here bringing it up much, so I don't see how it's gotten old. Still, you're seriously not getting Bleach vibes? 12 divisions? Captains of each division popping up, names and titles and all? How can you not see the Bleach in it? I'm just waiting for Sorachi to drop the punchline within the next chapter or two.

And let's please not even use Fairytail in the same context as Gintama. There's just no basis for comparison. Why there are people who genuinely praise it as the "greatest thing ever" is beyond me. Then again, I haven't read it in years, so I don't know if it ever moved beyond boobs, fanboy/girl wet dream characters, and generic shonen plot.
Oh no, I'm not saying that you're dissing this. When you said "Bleach vibes" though, I thought you meant the whole "drag on forever for whatever reason with fights after fights" like Bleach is doing right now, but we know that Sorachi doesn't really do that much.

Well, we sorta knew that the Harusame already had multiple divisions way back, like that arc where Kamui and Takasugi joined forces so this isn't really surprising. It's just that we didn't know of the other members.
Old 2015-10-24, 18:31   Link #894
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

There's definitely going to be 1 or 2 Bleach jokes in the coming weeks. I thought it would end at Utsuro/Shouyou, but it continued.
Old 2015-10-25, 20:00   Link #895
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Oh no, I'm not saying that you're dissing this. When you said "Bleach vibes" though, I thought you meant the whole "drag on forever for whatever reason with fights after fights" like Bleach is doing right now, but we know that Sorachi doesn't really do that much.
Oh definitely not! I mean, didn't they just take down a nation in just five pages a couple chapters back? When I made the Bleach comparison, it was purely about the Harusame captains, and what looked to be them pairing up with Gin and co. for one-on-one battles.
Old 2015-10-25, 20:06   Link #896
Ladiusman

Quote:
Oh definitely not! I mean, didn't they just take down a nation in just five pages a couple chapters back? When I made the Bleach comparison, it was purely about the Harusame captains, and what looked to be them pairing up with Gin and co. for one-on-one battles.
Hmm, yeah, I suppose I can see how some people could see that, what's with the Harusame wearing black and all the mentions of "Shinigamis" throughout this arc so far, lol.

So, I guess Sorachi is subtly making a reference to Bleach somehow?
Old 2015-10-25, 22:31   Link #897
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Oh yeah, we should be getting more of Gin's past during the war with the battle since the Harusame Captain mentioned he couldn't defeat(?) Shiroyasha.
Old 2015-10-25, 23:13   Link #898
Ladiusman

Quote:
Oh yeah, we should be getting more of Gin's past during the war with the battle since the Harusame Captain mentioned he couldn't defeat(?) Shiroyasha.
Hey now, don't forget about Zura and Loud Guy too!

In fact, neither of them got their own one-to-one battle until now that is.
Old 2015-10-26, 03:13   Link #899
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Hey now, don't forget about Zura and Loud Guy too!

In fact, neither of them got their own one-to-one battle until now that is.
I'm looking forward to that. Neptune vs Zura is going to be the most interesting because Zura is certainly going to get thrashed around.
Old 2015-10-26, 17:40   Link #900
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I'm looking forward to that. Neptune vs Zura is going to be the most interesting because Zura is certainly going to get thrashed around.
i am looking forward the 5th guys doing so shadow/behind the scene sniping. Al thought we got to wait for the 4th guy to wake up first.

Tags
samurai, sci-fi