Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-20, 20:48   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Haven't started this series yet but I'm keeping an eye on it. I have gotten quite averse to tragedies lately. I really enjoyed Clannad, Air, and Kanon from KEY so is this supposed to have the type of soul crushing moments like those other ones?
Those are really old. Look at Maeda's more recent works, like Angel Beats and Charlotte. That's probably the best this anime could be.
Also, you probably only need to watch ep. 1, as of now. Ep 2~6 have pretty much been a lot of nothing, which at best, will probably a "Wow, they spent so much time together so this must be emotional that they are separate" type of something.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 12:06   Link #62
EroKing

Episode 7

I'm gonna laugh if it is some killer virus that ends the world.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 10:31.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 18:06   Link #63
grecefar

Finally the common route is over.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 19:34   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm hoping to be surprised, but at this point it's obvious Hina is terminally ill and will die in 6 days, thinking the world will end because she can't see anything past that date. I feel like Haak spoiled me this show with his earlier post
Old 2020-11-21, 23:02   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-11-28, 13:04   Link #66
Dop
Mmmm....

Spoiler for Ep 8:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 16:59   Link #67
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Worst beach episode ever. I still think an asteroid would be more interesting than an incurable disease. Ah well.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 19:20   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At least they bothered to put a name on the disease this time. Otherwise, yawn. The father's talk was 2deep4me.
Old 2020-11-28, 21:02   Link #69
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

It has a name but its still a fake anime disease of course... although in '90s movie terms the whole premise reminds me of Awakenings with Robin Williams. Meanwhile I was expecting Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

At this point I think I'm just watching to finish my Jun Maeda Bingo card.
Old 2020-11-28, 21:15   Link #70
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
It has a name but its still a fake anime disease of course... although in '90s movie terms the whole premise reminds me of Awakenings with Robin Williams. Meanwhile I was expecting Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

At this point I think I'm just watching to finish my Jun Maeda Bingo card.
I dropped this series after two episodes, but that's a strong candidate for post of the season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 23:09   Link #71
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I think most are just watching to see if Maeda puts out Charlotte-level crap again.

Old 2020-11-29, 14:12   Link #72
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Would this hit me hard like "You Lie in April"?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 15:07   Link #73
Blueknight78

one thing not really hitting me good about her father was how totally uninterested he was toward her, i means not only as father but also as a doctor...

how somoene with a terminal disease whcih already was at the deaths doors suddenly appears as of nothing happened full of life and energy and he just "brush it away" as nothing, as a medic he was supposed to at last be curious and impressed about it want to know why she still alive and like this, this is a really miracle which he can't ignore if not as a father at last as a medic.
Old 2020-11-29, 19:08   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
one thing not really hitting me good about her father was how totally uninterested he was toward her, i means not only as father but also as a doctor...

how somoene with a terminal disease whcih already was at the deaths doors suddenly appears as of nothing happened full of life and energy and he just "brush it away" as nothing, as a medic he was supposed to at last be curious and impressed about it want to know why she still alive and like this, this is a really miracle which he can't ignore if not as a father at last as a medic.
It's implied he knows exactly what happened to her, since he's also certain she's going to die soon. He's most likely aware of his father's research.
Old 2020-11-29, 21:48   Link #75
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's implied he knows exactly what happened to her, since he's also certain she's going to die soon. He's most likely aware of his father's research.
well for what i get he know which his father (her grandfather) did something but he didin't know which she was alive, while he was not "ashtoned by seeying her alive, at sametime he showed not aware of that and was surprise which means which still would be something to catch his interest since it's seens what his dad did somehow worked, even if it was not permanent and her time to die is come back, the fact which her grandfather was able to did that would be already something to catch his curious.
Old 2020-11-30, 02:46   Link #76
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post

I feel like this is a very cliche depiction of someone who runs away from their problems. Wouldn't be surprised if he's an alcoholic to boot.

I don't know if P.A Works were expecting viewers to feel pity for him? I want to punch him in the face.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 14:32   Link #77
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Jun Maeda has always gone for kind of cheap "sad backstory" feels, although I think it was awkwardly done here.
Old 2020-12-05, 14:19   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

Old 2020-12-05, 17:11   Link #79
ArrowSmith

So is the 'big bad organization' going to cut the chip out of Hina's head, thus killing her?
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-05, 17:37   Link #80
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

So... yeah... "hacking."

Tags
comedy, drama