AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-08-13, 18:45   Link #101
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Battler has his own kind of "epic" laugh mostly due to his fetish
Old 2008-08-13, 23:09   Link #102
Little Machi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Since when? What source?
As far as the official site is, there isn't any announce for a 2008 release. It is only for the opening theme.

Please avoid referring to rumors and whatnot.

Since forever. And I'm not referring to rumors-it was in some article posted in one of the Umineko threads a while back.
Little Machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 23:14   Link #103
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
Since forever. And I'm not referring to rumors-it was in some article posted in one of the Umineko threads a while back.
I think I know what you're talking about, I was told that the anime would begin airing this year as well but now I assume that I was misinformed because nobody mentioned it in this topic. I think the people meant that the anime started production this year or something along those lines...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 23:18   Link #104
Little Machi
Banned

Everyone who knew Japanese said the article stated 2008 was the release date and no one else said this was wrong. No idea where it went, though. I had thought it was posted in this thread, but I can't find it. Don't see what else the date could have been though, since it was included with the announcement that the anime was official.
Old 2008-08-13, 23:19   Link #105
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
And nothing guarantees the said article's correctness, unless the article has reference to some kind of believable (read: official) sources.

I've seen one of MGLN blogs blatantly posted "Movie will be in '08 and Bardiche will be female" as if these are the fact, when those are only rootless rumors spawned from this Animesuki boards.

EDIT:
Quote:
Everyone who knew Japanese said the article stated 2008 was the release date and no one else said this was wrong.
I'd like to see the article myself, so that I can be sure.
If you can't find it, then either you found it elsewhere or perhaps it has been deleted as the contents proved mistake/incorrect.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 23:27   Link #106
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Everyone who knew Japanese said the article stated 2008 was the release date and no one else said this was wrong. No idea where it went, though. I had thought it was posted in this thread, but I can't find it. Don't see what else the date could have been though, since it was included with the announcement that the anime was official.
Yeah I know what you're talking about... I think that was in the Umineko Ep 2 or 3 discussion topic. They definitely did say that the anime would be released in 2008.

*looks around*

Ahh here it is:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=253

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 23:41   Link #107
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Aha, thank you.
and No, it only says "the Project will be starting at 2008 summer", NOT the anime itself.
Quote:
"2008年夏頃より、製作プロジェクト始動予定"
And here we're, the announcement and website are published at 2008 summer, just as this .pdf has said.

Last edited by Thisguy; 2008-08-14 at 00:05. Reason: removed possibly offending sentence
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 02:39   Link #108
Little Machi
Banned

I'll ask one of my friends who majors in Japanese to look it over, since the project announcement actually came a while before this article was released, in the form of a teaser website.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:16   Link #109
tobiast88
No patience for fools

Or, I can just translate the sentence (which came from the website) for you so you'll understand: "From the summer of 2008 on, the beginning of the production project has been arranged". So the production starts this summer.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 16:01   Link #110
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

after listening to the Akasaka Character song I wouldn't have any qualms if Ono used that voice for Battler

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-08-14 at 16:04. Reason: let's jump to the topic.
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 01:42   Link #111
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Actually, I may have been guilty of causing confusion. They really can't say when the release date is because they just started production on it, which is what is written on the flyer "production starting summer 2008."

As for why I posted that link to the flyer, it's practically because I really didn't pay attention to what the person was asking; I basically posted it as "here's the flyer, if you can read Japanese, read it yourself" without taking into consideration what the actual question was.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 05:30   Link #112
Coruja

Does anyone know how long does the production stage usually takes?
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 03:21   Link #113
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Let's start a Umineko Fan-Circle XD
All in favor say "Uu~" XD

We're all waiting for the seagulls to cry again
the chance is that, they are gonna put it on air Oct. 2009 probably
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 03:52   Link #114
d-one

We can hear Battler and Jessica voice in http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm4394196

Ono Daisuke's voice as Battler is quite good (but quite old) but Jessica... why it keep me to remember Kitsu Chiri (SZS)
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 04:06   Link #115
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ono doesn't have any problem trying to fit Battler's style, but his voice is, as expected, too deep and "old".
I had some issue with Jessica at first, but considering she "is" 18 years old, it is actually fine, though she sound a bit too "lady-like" despite the familiar speech style.

I assume the issue is the original game design, because I have less troubles to link these voices with their manga design
Old 2008-08-24, 08:02   Link #116
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Ono doesn't have any problem trying to fit Battler's style, but his voice is, as expected, too deep and "old".
He sounds like a rough Itsuki
Old 2008-08-24, 09:08   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I kept hearing "Tsukiumi" in Jessica...ugh...it would probably be better if she adopted a more "yoko" style to her voice but that said, it isn't too bad. She just sounds a bit too mature for her image of what I have in mind.

Battler has the personality down but he is a bit deep...again something to get used to I guess.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 11:20   Link #118
Coruja

I think Jessica's voice is perfect, imo. At least it is more or less what I pictured. I'm still a little reluctant about Battler's, though.

What the hell are they saying, by the way. ;_;
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 11:25   Link #119
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
We can hear Battler and Jessica voice in http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm4394196

Ono Daisuke's voice as Battler is quite good (but quite old) but Jessica... why it keep me to remember Kitsu Chiri (SZS)
Thanks for the link.

Pretty much as expected I ended up thinking of Acous from Nanoha (going to be expecting Battler to produce a cake box at any minute) and Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles with added ぜ. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to them. I hope I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
What the hell are they saying, by the way. ;_;
Not much. Battler's boob obsession, random talking about the family, then they go over the legend of the golden village (Battler's voice here was good) and finally say they'll be doing some other form of media before the anime actually airs. Sounds like a full cast drama CD might be in the works so we can hear everyone else's voices.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 12:07   Link #120
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post

I like both of their voices. I wasn't sure about Battler at first but I got used to it midway through the video.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote