AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 23:00   Link #1
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

1-1 Relationships/Devotion Animes

Urm... Im looking for animes containing contents of love or perhaps sorrowful love. The most important part is the main character can not love or have special feelings for 2 girls at the same( or so called harem animes..). And no 2 girls chasing 1 guy crazily at the same -_-.

Love/Semi-Love animes I enjoyed: Saikano, Sola, Air, This ugly yet beautiful world, and Elfen Lied
Disliked: Kanon, Fate/Stay Night, Haruhi Suzumiya( It was decent I suppose...), Clannad, Shuffle!( hate rin ._.), School Days, and some others.

Any more suggestions?
Thank you
Old 2008-09-26, 23:23   Link #2
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Why don't you watch Lamune? The main characters keep working in their relationship in a serious, believable way for the whole series without 3rd parties doing random interventions.

Kare Kano is also within the scope of what you are searching for. You may also like Bokura ga ita, however be advised that it has a lot of drama Also, if what you disliked was the harem aspect, you might be more interested in CLANNAD 2nd season.

Failing that you could always try a reverse harem like Ouran Host club

Last edited by Proto; 2008-09-27 at 00:03.
Old 2008-09-27, 00:59   Link #3
DanielSong39

Also try the original To Heart, though the show is essentially about one-sided love. The ending is both uplifting and bittersweet; you might like it.
Old 2008-09-27, 01:11   Link #4
Knight Hawk
Lurker

I'll second Lamune and toss in Ai Yori Aoshi. Even though it has the harem tag, main characters are devoted to each other and you even get the "I love you" and kisses. Hopefully it'll get a 3rd season to finish up the series since the manga is done.
Old 2008-09-27, 02:57   Link #5
Ash Falls Town

Ginban Kaleidoscope. Has sorrowful love but it also has an ice skating main plot.

Nanatsuiro Drops might work. There is a large girl:boy ratio but only the leads fall in love and only with each other.
Old 2008-09-27, 09:27   Link #6
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Er, didn't he say in his descriptions that harem-like series were not what he wanted? That unfortunately rules out Ai Yori Aoshi.

Since you're specifically against there being more than 1 of either gender involved, that rules out a lot.

Nodame Cantabile is the only thing I'll recommend.
Old 2008-09-27, 09:53   Link #7
Knight Hawk
Lurker

I'll quote the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered
The most important part is the main character can not love or have special feelings for 2 girls at the same( or so called harem animes..).
The male lead does not love any other female besides the main one. None of the other females "pushes" into that relationship. Yes a few of them develope some feelings for him, but none of them confess or make a big scene about they're love to him. ( Yes one of them did cry but she was alone, i wont spoil anymore then that )

Lastly the title of the Thread "1-1 Relationship/Devotion" Fits perfectly with the main leads. If that's not a devoted couple, i don't know what is
Old 2008-09-27, 09:57   Link #8
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

True, but Ai Yori Aoshi does have several elements of harem to it, though. And OP does state he's not after harem elements. Yes, AYA is not as typical and certainly it's plainly obvious that the leads are the only ones who could ever end up together. But, the other 4 females get in the way a lot.
Old 2008-09-27, 11:10   Link #9
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
What about Special A? I believe that REC is 1 on 1 also. One story in ef - a tale of memories features this also.
Old 2008-09-27, 11:14   Link #10
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Ah my goddess, well it is popular but i think you have alread watch it

Itazura na kiss is very good and they pretty much goes from
Spoiler for live together:
Old 2008-09-27, 11:18   Link #11
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
Urm... Im looking for animes containing contents of love or perhaps sorrowful love. The most important part is the main character can not love or have special feelings for 2 girls at the same( or so called harem animes..). And no 2 girls chasing 1 guy crazily at the same -_-.
I think you have a weird "harem series" definition (as, I would have difficult to consider triangle as "harem", but heh...), but I guess it isn't the topic here.

Even if it goes against your request a bit, I think Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is matching a lot the first line. Granted, I don't think the first series would fall under the "2 at times", considering how it is portrayed. (and it doesn't have any harem-ish square/polygon anyway).
Old 2008-09-27, 11:29   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If Klash thinks so, then I also second Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Even though it's technically a 1 - 2 relationship, it's not the kind you usually watch where there are two girl trying to be all jealous and clinging to the guy, and the guy is a pervert. It's much more serious than that, and since you like SaiKano, Air, and Elfen Lied, there's a good chance you will like KgNE.
Old 2008-09-27, 14:01   Link #13
Aquillion

I second Kare Kano, which is one of the more famous shows for this sort of thing.
Old 2008-09-27, 17:37   Link #14
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Lovely complex
No its not a harem type
Old 2008-09-27, 18:26   Link #15
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Bokura Ga Ita is a 1 on 1 romance.. I think it is pretty much what you are looking for.

Crest of Stars... although the main there isnt romance but a futuristic action / spaceship anime, the main characters fall in love with each other dispite being from two different "worlds".

Busou Renkin might be of your interest too.

Last edited by incube; 2008-09-28 at 00:35.
Old 2008-09-28, 02:14   Link #16
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Thanks for the help everyone.

Lamune is alright. I will continue watching it until the end, then try the other series.
Old 2008-09-28, 11:21   Link #17
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita The couple is dating and in a realistic relationship.

Mars A very realistic romance manga, the couple is dating and in a passionate relationship with sex, lots of kissing, eloping, living together, getting engaged and the break up is very deep and emotional. The couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend and living together and engaged and in a deep, committed relationship.

Ceres Celestial Legend The manga only, the main couple are dating, have sex many times, make out in bed, have hundreds of kissing scenes and they have very tragic break ups in the manga, especially when the main character is pregnant with his kid. The manga is much deeper and more emotional than the show, the couple break up way more in the show, the manga has lots of making out in bed and sex which was cut from the show.

Kare First Love Realistic romance manga, the couple is dating and in a relationship with kissing, sex and very realistic and committed relationship.

Wild Act An amazing romance manga, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a serious relationship. Lots of kissing and sex.

Fushigi Yuugi In the Fushigi Yugi manga, the couple is dating and in a mature relationship, the first half of the manga the couple is dating and their relationship faces many challenges and they break up a lot and get back together, the second half of the manga, which wasn't in the show, the couple is engaged and in a deep, committed relationship, there is lots of making out and an amazing sex scene in the manga.

Fushigi Yugi has a couple that is dating, boyfriend and girlfriend, in a relationship, engaged and deeply devoted. Their relationship is much deeper, more mature and more passionate in the manga and they are engaged for a much longer time and have a much more romantic and passionate sex scene.

The Devil Does Exist Very realistic romance manga.

High School Debut In this manga, the couple is dating and in a relationship.

Black Bird Romance series.

Marmalade Boy In the second season, the couple is dating and in a relationship and boyfriend and girlfriend.

Happy Hustle High The couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the entire series and don't break up at all and extremely committed and devoted.

Sailor Moon Usagi and Mamoru are in a deep, committed, epic relationship. They are boyfriend and girlfriend for four seasons, get engaged, get married, become husband and wife in the future, have a kid, become king and queen, go through battles and break ups and death and a long distance relationship, brainwashing and have many obstacles in their relationship and are deeply devoted to each other. They are dating in four seasons and are a couple for over 100 episodes without breaking up. The show is 200 episodes and they are dating and engaged for a very long time, they have met their future child and their future selves. The manga their relationship is much deeper and more passionate, more making out in bed, the break up in the show wasn't in the manga, their wedding is shown, the relationship is more intimate and passionate. The relationship gets deep after the first season, the second, third and fourth season focuses more on their relationship, the first season focuses on the challenges, the second, third and fourth season focuses on them dating and being a couple.

Peach Girl Two couples.

Paradise Kiss Great romance series.

Absolute Boyfriend Couple dating and in a relationship.

Ultra Cute Dating.

Missile Happy! The couple is engaged and living together, sweet romance.

Akuma De Sourou Amazing romance manga, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and in a series relationship.

Land of the Blindfolded Sweet romance manga.

B.O.D.Y. Great romance.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-15 at 17:03.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:26   Link #18
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

It's been awhile since I've seen it so my memory is a bit hazy on the finer details, but you could like Suzuka. From the start the main guy know who he wants and the series is all about him trying to get her and what happens on a couple of their dates and such. I think there may be one other women in it at one point who confesses, but she doesn't butt in and gets turned down iirc.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-09-28, 22:42   Link #19
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If you're willing to watch a 1 guy/2-girl series where there isn't competing but a heck of a lot of drama and pain, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is really worth watching. I'll back up the others on that fact.

Kare Kano - manga, definitely. Anime....maybe... I doubt I could ever truly recommend the Kare Kano anime in good conscience because it is such a mangled, sugared up version of one of the best mangas ever done. Hideaki Anno directed the first 13 episodes and then got canned. For good reason...he was still in Evangelion mode and manga-ka Masami Tsuda was getting quite annoyed with where it went. So she didn't allow them to go past Episode 26. So the anime only goes through 1/4 of the manga story and has a very sudden ending with no resultion at all.

It's not the worst thing to watch by any stretch of the imagination. But when you see how several characters were quite altered, especially the females, it's disheartening. The manga is SO worth reading. A great story of two high-school teens who gradually fall in love and every aspect of their life past and present from then on.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:48   Link #20
mdauben

I am supprised that no one seems to have mentioned Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora. A great bitter-sweet teenage love story.

I would also second the recomendations for Lovely Complex, Nodame Cantabile, and REC if you are interested in some good romantic comedy