AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-02, 07:40   Link #2041
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If I'm not wrong, which I think I'm not. Tanigawa already finished writing Vol 10 back in 2007.

For some reasons, he didn't release it. We were all ready to buy the book when it even had a release date. It just got push back and disappeared, like what is happening to anime Season 2.

Its part of their marketing deal or something we do not know.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-02, 07:42   Link #2042
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
If I'm not wrong, which I think I'm not. Tanigawa already finished writing Vol 10 back in 2007.

For some reasons, he didn't release it. We were all ready to buy the book when it even had a release date. It just got push back and disappeared, like what is happening to anime Season 2.

Well, maybe it's connected to Season 2.
Or he wants to rewrite it.
The story could have got leaked.
We don't know what's for sure.
Old 2008-12-02, 07:42   Link #2043
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

I smell a conspiracy!!
Old 2008-12-02, 07:44   Link #2044
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
I smell a conspiracy!!
Please explain.

And will Vol 10 be the end? At the end of the day, I hope none of the characters ends up with the powers, and all return to normalcy. Because I want to see a drunk Haruhi chapter.
Old 2008-12-02, 07:47   Link #2045
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

This reminds me of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya." Maybe it's one of their marketing strategies to confuse us all and stuff.
Old 2008-12-02, 07:51   Link #2046
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
This reminds me of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya." Maybe it's one of their marketing strategies to confuse us all and stuff.
Or Haruhi and Tanigawa went drinking. And Tanigawa in a state of drunkness told the publisher to hold the release to God knows when.
Old 2008-12-02, 09:18   Link #2047
typhonsentra

I've always held that the reason for the hold-up on Volume 10 has been this (All speculation):

Towards the end of 2006 Kadokawa realized they had a big hit on their hands and became frustrated with his constant delays on releasing a new volume. He told them that while he had something he was working on, it was a much larger, more ambitious undertaking than his previous releases and needed more time. After a certain point he was told he had to release something and so they came to an agreement that he'd release the first portion of the work at the beginning of the year and the conclusion sometime soon after, which would give him time to put the finishing touches on the work.

... However it was mostly posturing on his part, June 2007 came and went without nary a word from them, the release has now been stuck in "TBA" hell for well over a year now. He was never happy with this piece of work and only released it because of the heavy pressure to release something soon after the success of the anime. The pressure got to him and now he feels unsure how to give a satisfying end to the current story arc.
Old 2008-12-02, 11:50   Link #2048
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
I'd rather that the power be returned to the real God up in heaven. At least it'd be proper. I don't need to see Haruhi and Kyon starting a family, just them on proper dates and maybe marriage is enough.
Missed the joke much? Maybe you haven't read Harry Potter...

Quote:
And if anyone was closest to being a god in the Haruhiverse, besides Haruhi herself, it would be the Data Entities.
Don't forget Orihime and Hikoboshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Kaisos, your proof focuses on the flow of the story but ignores the real-life issues with the creator of said story. The guy hasn't published a new story in this series in nearly two years and before that it'd been nearly a year and before that he only published a single book of two short stories the previous year. It's pretty obvious he's either sick of writing about these characters or he doesn't know what he wants to do with them anymore.

Even if 10 isn't the end I don't expect him to continue pumping out many volumes anymore. Since they just started their Junior year I'd at least expect him to cover up until Mikuru graduates though, how much of the time in between he covers is the question. Will we see a big time jump?
Tanigawa in an excellent writer, so I'm sure he understands what he needs to do, but, of course, your point is correct.

...I've never seen how Mikuru graduating constitutes an ending, though. She just isn't important enough.

Quote:

^This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Please explain.

And will Vol 10 be the end? At the end of the day, I hope none of the characters ends up with the powers, and all return to normalcy. Because I want to see a drunk Haruhi chapter.
...That's kind of self-centered of you, and we already have a drunk Haruhi chapter.

After which she swears to never drink again.

Quote:
I've always held that the reason for the hold-up on Volume 10 has been this (All speculation):

Towards the end of 2006 Kadokawa realized they had a big hit on their hands and became frustrated with his constant delays on releasing a new volume. He told them that while he had something he was working on, it was a much larger, more ambitious undertaking than his previous releases and needed more time. After a certain point he was told he had to release something and so they came to an agreement that he'd release the first portion of the work at the beginning of the year and the conclusion sometime soon after, which would give him time to put the finishing touches on the work.

... However it was mostly posturing on his part, June 2007 came and went without nary a word from them, the release has now been stuck in "TBA" hell for well over a year now. He was never happy with this piece of work and only released it because of the heavy pressure to release something soon after the success of the anime. The pressure got to him and now he feels unsure how to give a satisfying end to the current story arc.
This makes sense. God Kadokawa sucks.
Old 2008-12-02, 13:02   Link #2049
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd really love if there was a chapter where they time travel to 25 years and was it 50 years to see those wishes come true. Especially the chaos that Haruhi wished for lol.

Anyway I've never really looked up to Tanigawa's activities besides Haruhi's. I've never heard of any news on him. Its making me think that he's been in a coma in hospital or something.

Anyone really knows whether he's still active on other stuff besides Haruhi?

Old 2008-12-02, 13:11   Link #2050
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

He's writing a new Escape from the School novel.
Old 2008-12-02, 13:14   Link #2051
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm glad to know that at least he's still around lol

Old 2008-12-02, 16:37   Link #2052
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Still no new news or scans. Ah, KyoAni, just give us already something fresh.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:46   Link #2053
typhonsentra

When's that new "Escape" book supposed to be released? I'd really like to get a hold of any "Author Notes" at the end as that'd be the first thing we've heard from the guy since God knows last. No interviews from him that I've heard of since the one posted on Baka-Tsuki and there were no notes at the end of the last Haruhi novel either.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:47   Link #2054
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Just as planned. A small disappearance... Lol.
Old 2008-12-02, 18:08   Link #2055
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
When's that new "Escape" book supposed to be released? I'd really like to get a hold of any "Author Notes" at the end as that'd be the first thing we've heard from the guy since God knows last. No interviews from him that I've heard of since the one posted on Baka-Tsuki and there were no notes at the end of the last Haruhi novel either.
I have no idea when it is coming out.

And yeah, the lack of Author notes sucked.
Old 2008-12-02, 20:08   Link #2056
typhonsentra

Wait, are we sure it was a new book that was announced or was it just a short story in a magazine?
Old 2008-12-02, 22:26   Link #2057
digdog378

I think after Clannad after story is finished Haruhi season 2 would have started but after hearing about Munto new tv series (never seen but will) am guessing either right after Clannad after story or Munto (hopefully) Haruhi season 2 will (need) to come out AND KYOANI FTW!
Old 2008-12-03, 02:38   Link #2058
ijuinkun

Quote:

Well now we know who gods pray to! ^_^
Old 2008-12-03, 06:26   Link #2059
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Missed the joke much? Maybe you haven't read Harry Potter...
I haven't. But I just asked around, I now know what you mean.

Quote:
...That's kind of self-centered of you, and we already have a drunk Haruhi chapter.

After which she swears to never drink again.
Which volume was that in?
Old 2008-12-03, 08:21   Link #2060
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

^^ I believe its the ACTUAL Lone island syndrome. They change the wine to orange juice in the anime. This is where we find out Yuki is a "bottom less pit" . I recall that she gets smashed, then when playing those games downstairs, says she will never drink again when the owner and and the other guy(its been too long :P) ask them too. It's quite funny actually.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen