Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-10, 19:43   Link #41
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm just saying that it is the actual way Kubo portaited it. And since he himself did it this way, animators will follow it.
...why though? It's not like he IS Bleach.

It isn't important anyway, Soifon's 2hitkill thing hasn't been displayed for this long in the movie for anyone to notice. Whether Kubo done it or not, I guess it'll stay that way.
Old 2009-06-10, 19:52   Link #42
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
...why though? It's not like he IS Bleach.

It isn't important anyway, Soifon's 2hitkill thing hasn't been displayed for this long in the movie for anyone to notice. Whether Kubo done it or not, I guess it'll stay that way.
Well they did follow everything that Kubo did till now, didn't they?

Anyway yeh you are right, let's drop it here.
Old 2009-06-10, 20:10   Link #43
Kamui4356
Aria Company

If you're talking about inconsistancy, what about Soi Fong's fight with Yuroichi? If she had been able to do this stab the lungs thing then, the fight would have been a lot easier. After all, it's not like she had a problem landing hits, it was getting 2 in the same spot. She was able to get hits on both Yuroichi's front and back, so she had plenty of oppertunity for the "I stabbed your lung" bit. Of course when a manga has been running for more than 6 years and has 360 some chapters, there are going to be inconsistancies like that without question.

As for the anime following the manga completely, I'm not sure how someone could say it after an episode where there was a noticable divergence. In the manga the elephant guy was beaten by Soi Fong being slammed into him, while in this episode he survived that and continued the fight. The end result might be the same, but the way it went in the anime made everyone involved look less sloppy in battle.
Old 2009-06-10, 20:13   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well do wish Soi Fon would have just gotten serious sooner. Taking a couple episodes when she could have finished it instantly seemed like a waste. Can understand her wanting to see the effects of an arrancar's release in person, but since all abilities are going to be different it won't give that much insight. Other than "they get tougher" I'm not sure how much this helped her.

Oh well hopefully the chair guy will make it more interesting. Might actually get to see her bankai eventually.

Preview was a bit surprising. Might have had a bigger effect if I didn't expect that character to show up.
Old 2009-06-10, 20:45   Link #45
Supermutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
If you're talking about inconsistancy, what about Soi Fong's fight with Yuroichi? If she had been able to do this stab the lungs thing then, the fight would have been a lot easier. After all, it's not like she had a problem landing hits, it was getting 2 in the same spot. She was able to get hits on both Yuroichi's front and back, so she had plenty of oppertunity for the "I stabbed your lung" bit.
Maybe she got better/smarter since then?

The episode really dragged on me, not that it was really bad; but it didn't help I already knew what was going to happen. (Aside from some changes of course) In the manga Omaeda came off a bit less funny and a bit more passionate. He didn't really 'learn' anything either. Though I guess the alternative spin made Soi-Fon look like a more concerned Captain in spite of her statements. Instead of only upbraiding him for getting between her and the Arrancar, she imparted advice he needed to heed. (Even though it was pretty much the same line, the context was a bit different)
Old 2009-06-10, 21:02   Link #46
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
If you're talking about inconsistancy, what about Soi Fong's fight with Yuroichi? If she had been able to do this stab the lungs thing then, the fight would have been a lot easier. After all, it's not like she had a problem landing hits, it was getting 2 in the same spot. She was able to get hits on both Yuroichi's front and back, so she had plenty of oppertunity for the "I stabbed your lung" bit. Of course when a manga has been running for more than 6 years and has 360 some chapters, there are going to be inconsistancies like that without question.
Can you really see Soi Fon killing Yoruichi?
Whatever she said back then, she never really hated her. I think Soi Fon would better kill herself then her.

If the fight was taken seriously from both sides, the result would be completly different.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:12   Link #47
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Yes, they made sweet yuri love afterward.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:18   Link #48
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Yes, they made sweet yuri love afterward.
Lol I wish they did
Old 2009-06-11, 09:52   Link #49
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

It is the same every fight,between every person on the show...period...nothing ever changes...though at least this time right before the death they did not tell a life story with a 10 minute flashback...guess they will wait for Ulqi fight or for Barrugan to tell more story
Old 2009-06-11, 10:11   Link #50
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
It is the same every fight,between every person on the show...period...nothing ever changes...though at least this time right before the death they did not tell a life story with a 10 minute flashback...guess they will wait for Ulqi fight or for Barrugan to tell more story
More story about whom? Arrancar's or captains?
Old 2009-06-11, 10:44   Link #51
Ichiban Hayai

I think Mitsuomi means some general flashback about one of the involved combatants.

I too am anoyed on flashback episodes that interupt the main story.

The worst was in Tenjho Tenge anime, which was a whole arc. I found that really annoying even though it explained a lot.
Old 2009-06-11, 10:49   Link #52
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
I think Mitsuomi means some general flashback about one of the involved combatants.

I too am anoyed on flashback episodes that interupt the main story.

The worst was in Tenjho Tenge anime, which was a whole arc. I found that really annoying even though it explained a lot.
Don't know, I like flashbacks. Like this you learn more about character and start to understand why he/she is the way they are. You start to change your looks on them.

Although I hate flashbacks from previouse episodes especially when the same moment is shown severa times.
For example Naruto has a lot of them
Old 2009-06-11, 16:17   Link #53
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
I liked that flashback. I felt like that was the main story as far as the anime is concerned. If you didn't like that, you'd hate the manga. It tells the story almost exclusively though flashbacks. Souichiro often pops up at the end of a chapter wondering if he's still the main character. lol
Old 2009-06-11, 16:31   Link #54
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

Quote:
Don't know, I like flashbacks. Like this you learn more about character and start to understand why he/she is the way they are. You start to change your looks on them.

Although I hate flashbacks from previouse episodes especially when the same moment is shown severa times.

lol so true

i dislike those

but i love the flashbacks that change your outlook on someone
and how they became that way
people make fun of me cause i like those
Old 2009-06-11, 20:00   Link #55
slowmotion

Quote:

have to agree with you here. it is two completely different things to see a character say "scaredy-cat" 60 times is one anime and to do a meaningful flashback like the MS one that was actually interesting.
Old 2009-06-12, 02:57   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

Didn't Barragan sit for a while longer in the manga?
Old 2009-06-12, 04:50   Link #57
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
maybe, we can just let him blast reatsu for the mean time xD
Old 2009-06-12, 04:52   Link #58
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Well he was standing afterwards anyway. We didn't see how he got up.
Old 2009-06-12, 04:54   Link #59
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Well he was standing afterwards anyway. We didn't see how he got up.
Well, I'm pretty sure him standing up wouldn't really be that spectacular, anyway.
Old 2009-06-12, 11:40   Link #60
Alchemist007
*Author

No, it was the stuff that happens to make him stand up