AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-29, 18:35   Link #141
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One criticism that I heard of K-On is that the girls don't function as a band enough; they don't practice/sing many songs.
This is where people get it wrong, seriously. K-On is NOT all about music, as people hoped for but is ALL about girls try to keep the dying club alive. People expecting the girls will sing songs but unfortunately after several episodes they found lack of "good" music abandon the anime completely. I begin to hate pretentious GAR obsessed guys more than yaoi fangirls and "elitists".

Why I fought the losing battle since I have no hope on winning? I hate the winners as I mentioned above. Sometimes it cool to be a loser when the winners are actually worse than you are. Don't take my words too personally because I feel the same way for the people who hated Narutards/Bleachtards even they never watched it before.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:36   Link #142
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
Why I fought the losing battle since I have no hope on winning? I hate the winners as I mentioned above.
Where on earth do you go to gauge opinions on certain series?
/a/ or something?

I know that I like what I like for very subjective reasons.
Some people just aren't into "moeblob" anime, that are basically just about cute characters going to school.

I saw the first episode or two of K-On and just like TTGL and Code Geass, it was only just interesting enough to keep me watching. Nothing brilliant, just interesting enough.

But getting back on topic....
Michiko to Hatchin - Nobody believes me when I say I enjoyed this series more than Cowboy Bebop. The characters know where they want to go, but have no idea how to get there. The music, the adventure, the crazy people around every turn. I laughed, I cried, I raged. It's awesome.
Old 2009-08-30, 07:54   Link #143
Riskbreaker

Shikabane Hime - From what i've seen from various forums, this series has copped a load of negativity concerning things like the plot and the voice acting. However regardless of that, i found both Aka & Kuro to be really enjoyable series'.

Last edited by Riskbreaker; 2009-08-30 at 08:11.
Old 2009-08-30, 11:15   Link #144
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, that was most of my issue (though I actually ended up somewhat liking the show (not memorable but enjoyable). I was thinking "show about a band starting up" and just assumed it would be something like the Monkees, with a song in every episode. That would make sense from a marketing perspective and may still happen in OVAs and follow-on CDs.
Yeah, that's what I would have expected to, actually... except that I knew going in that I needed to prepare for a lack of band activity.

Quote:

Most of the rage I witnessed seemed to be more "argh, this is taking energy from Haruhi!" or "what???? ANOTHER "girls doing cute stuff 4-koma?????".

Ah well.. this thread is just for people to mention anime they like they don't think anyone else likes. They don't have to defend their like of it or rage about others who didn't like it.
Quote:
This is where people get it wrong, seriously. K-On is NOT all about music, as people hoped for but is ALL about girls try to keep the dying club alive. People expecting the girls will sing songs but unfortunately after several episodes they found lack of "good" music abandon the anime completely. I begin to hate pretentious GAR obsessed guys more than yaoi fangirls and "elitists".

Why I fought the losing battle since I have no hope on winning? I hate the winners as I mentioned above. Sometimes it cool to be a loser when the winners are actually worse than you are. Don't take my words too personally because I feel the same way for the people who hated Narutards/Bleachtards even they never watched it before.
Just so everybody knows, I found K-On decently enjoyable. It could have been a lot worse. At least the plot is really solid, and the characters are genuinely likable. That alone makes it a decent time waster for me, at least.

I just know a guy that loathes the series, and I decided to repeat his main point on his behalf.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-09-06 at 20:55.
Old 2009-08-31, 23:27   Link #145
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Well, I hate to bring this one up because it was actually quite popular in reality, but I have to say One Piece.

On the internet and in Japan One Piece is quite popular, and I would not dare say that it's hated in general, but in real life I am the only One Piece fan I can think of. All of my friends think I'm crazy for liking it at all.

Again, it's not underrated in reality, but it does seem to get a lot of hatred towards it from people who have very limited knowledge about it or haven't even seen it at all.

Really I can't think of anymore because I don't tend to check out anime that is rated low. I know that's bad and everything, but I stick to the ones that are rated high. I'll probably find one that I really like someday.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Old 2009-09-06, 02:42   Link #146
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Right now is Umineko, but I dunno whether everyone else take no interest on this series...
I LOVE UMINEKO!!!!!

Best headache inducer of the century! Even beats Higurashi

Bleach is another one, but i've pretty given up on it because it's so long, still a Hitsugaya fangirl though

And I do have a thing about Inuyasha, yes, I know, very boring but I can't help but love the characters. Bishies ftw!

Last edited by ChibiBear; 2009-09-06 at 02:53.
Old 2009-09-06, 08:40   Link #147
FireChick

I like a lot of shows nobody knows about or hates, examples being Shounen Onmyouji, Kamichama Karin, Amuri in Star Ocean, Sasami Magical Girl Club, some world masterpiece theater tiles, etc. Some people are angry at how an anime adaptation of a manga turns out, but I don't really mind the differences. As long as it's something I like, I'm happy with it.
Old 2009-09-06, 13:28   Link #148
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
K-On!

As a fan from its beginning I have no idea why so many people hated it. Maybe not here but on other forums people bash it for some unknown reasons. I believe they just simply jump onto the bandwagon. They caught up onto anti-KyoAni hype. Some said that people who hated it are Haruhi fans, as its second season was delayed until this summer but I don't think so. Perhaps people who hated K-On! are exactly the same people who hated Haruhi earlier. As far as I can tell, people who hated K-On! are:

1. GAR-obsessed guys.

2. Bishie-obsessed girls.

3. Yaoi fangirls.

4. Narutards/Bleachtards and any other fans of long shounen shows.

5. Anti-KyoAni folks.

6. People who just jumped onto bandwagon without even watching the show.
How about:
7. People who can't stand the same jokes over and over.

For a show that depends on its humor and cute characters, the humor fell flat [especially after the very-good first few episodes] and by the end, the characters seemed like flanderized versions of their original selves.

This thread usually doesn't warrant this type of response, since everything's up to opinion, but your insults towards those who don't like your favorite anime deserve it.
Old 2009-09-12, 07:05   Link #149
Snickripep
I like MUDKIPZ! :3

I'm not sure, but I think Chrono Crusade, School Days, and AIR were pretty hated.
I loved 'em...
<3
Chrono Crusade was the first anime to make me cry (My God... the last episode T.T), so it was very dear to me back then, and still is.
And AIR made me cry so much... it was so sad and terrible... but it was so good!
... And School Days... I don't even know.
xD

Last edited by Snickripep; 2009-09-13 at 06:13.
Old 2009-09-12, 08:45   Link #150
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^ U sure snick? School days was a favorite among my friends, although I havent watched it yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
How about:
7. People who can't stand the same jokes over and over.

For a show that depends on its humor and cute characters, the humor fell flat [especially after the very-good first few episodes] and by the end, the characters seemed like flanderized versions of their original selves.

This thread usually doesn't warrant this type of response, since everything's up to opinion, but your insults towards those who don't like your favorite anime deserve it.
Ya, just becoz an anime doesnt fit a person type doesnt mean u have to go about bashing it anyway. If they hated the anime becoz it is realli bad, then there is no objection to that. But it's not like an anime has to try and cater to everyone's preferences. How would the producers even know what kind of anime to make anyway? Make a survey? If that were to happen, the entire anime industry would only be used to cater to one group of people, and it will get boring.

Okay, back on topic...

Anime I liked but many people around me hated are...
!. Last Exile
2. Get Backers
3. Gintama

1. Second anime that I watched (first was one piece, the 4kids dub... ugh!). One word to describe it, Beautiful. The art was great, the music by hitomi was fantastic, and the plot was almost perfect (Granted, there were quite a few loopholes here and there, but nevertheless, still great). For animation quality at that time, GONZO really did a great job creating a plot from scratch and delivering the story to the audience. No stereotypical characters here and there, and I liked it all around. Now, the reason why my friends hated this anime was because of a 'lack of action', and they felt the plot was moving too slowly. And I cant blame them for that, since its not supposed to be an action anime anyway, so I kinda understand if the show doesnt meet their expectations. But...

2. THIS SHOW HAS PLENTY OF ACTION! And the same group of people who said there wasnt enough action in Last Exile, said that it was just a fight show... I have absolutely nothing to say about this really.

3. Many complained about the art that the author used here, I agree as well, in fact, I had difficulty appreciating the anime during the first few episodes. But boy, this is the epitome of humor. Satirical jokes meant to depict modern society and trends, you get to enjoy things from different perspective. (Heck, the author even did a few chapters making fun of the popularity polls, how cool is that?), I feel this anime is not exactly popular among my peers because firstly the art, and secondly, they find that there is no plot involved.
Old 2009-09-12, 18:20   Link #151
Snickripep
I like MUDKIPZ! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
^ U sure snick? School days was a favorite among my friends, although I havent watched it yet...
Well, I know a lot of people liked it, but many hate it with a passion...
... which is too bad.
T.T
I thought it was very good.

Not to mention we were blessed with "Nice Boat" Syndrome!
Old 2009-09-12, 20:25   Link #152
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Gundam seed,Sadly. ):
Old 2009-09-12, 21:06   Link #153
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxangelchanxx View Post
Gundam seed,Sadly. ):
I like Gundam Seed.

Now, if you mean Gundam Seed Destiny, though...
Old 2009-09-13, 00:03   Link #154
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

^ I like only Seed too

and Add Nana anime ..why not popular even though it awesome
Old 2009-09-13, 02:38   Link #155
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickripep View Post
Not to mention we were blessed with "Nice Boat" Syndrome!
Ar yes, the 'nice boat'..., drew quite a few boats while studying for my exams

Destiny was ugh..., gave up on it as soon as I saw Freedom just owning everyone in ep 23.

Ya Nana's quite nice, however its not very well known among my friends though.
Old 2009-09-13, 03:52   Link #156
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Personally for me, it is One Piece. Why?

Most other anime fans I talk with frequently (before coming here) are mostly into series' like Higurashi and School Days. Now I DO love these series' quite a lot as they are the kind of ones that got me into anime in the first place, but being a One Piece fan amidst these kinds of people is surprisingly aggravating.

Tis like being a black sheep in a herd of white sheep. I can never talk about One Piece with these people because either they don't like it, or don't know enough about it. =/
Old 2009-09-13, 11:26   Link #157
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

To be fair, Nana is incredibly popular and well-regarded within the Shoujo/Jousei fandom.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2009-09-13, 11:31   Link #158
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
To be fair, Nana is incredibly popular and well-regarded within the Shoujo/Jousei fandom.
the manga is popular but I don't see the anime much popular like the manga ...
Old 2009-09-13, 14:40   Link #159
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Location: Where it's circular on the outside and high in the middle.
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu. I frickin' loved that series, but it's one of the worst-rated on Anime Season, and doesn't seem to get much praise at all.

Then again, if Myself; Yourself is rated a 9.16 out of 10 on that same site, then I don't know how credible the hatred toward HareGuu is...
Old 2009-09-13, 22:37   Link #160
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Personally for me, it is One Piece. Why?

Most other anime fans I talk with frequently (before coming here) are mostly into series' like Higurashi and School Days. Now I DO love these series' quite a lot as they are the kind of ones that got me into anime in the first place, but being a One Piece fan amidst these kinds of people is surprisingly aggravating.
One Piece FTW! No seriously, when we talk about manga and anime in school, the first series that pop out is one piece. Mostly becoz of manga though. No one even bothers talking about naruto anime. Occasionally bleach yes. But mostly one piece. Unless u talk with the girls and the first anime series they'll start talking about is Reborn! (I'll bite u to death)

Yes, it is irritating when some of our friends dont always like the same things as us. Since different people have different preferences, so i cant blame them for not liking one piece. For a lot of different reasons as well, though most that are really legit.
Closed Thread