AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-06, 18:36   Link #201
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

- I kinda understand why she chose it, but I really don't like Rui's dress.
- Stresemann is a Belkan mage. Also, Mephistopheles.
- Good instincts on Chiaki, when he said Nodame was "running away". She was trying to bind him to her with something other than music (not a very good plan, considering his personality). He didn't do so good in his reaction, but, well, flight is understandable, in the circumstances.
- Speaking of, I totally would have been leery of eating or drinking anything she prepared. She was just too falsely cheerful. I'd be afraid of poison.
- Since when are they physical? The way they've built their relationship is so weird, it's hard to tell.
- Chiaki wanted to pounce on her when given the traditional choice. Only to be sent to the bathroom. Alone. Poor guy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 20:47   Link #202
Joojoobees

Very cool episode. The Ravel performance was handled well, and I did not expect the twist(s) at the end. Milchy has the perfect voice for the Devil. What a cliff-hanger!
Old 2010-03-06, 22:10   Link #203
Somnus
Eh?

Wow. What a powerful episode.

An amazing performance that reminded me of the first season. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Through the ep though my feelings were thrown everywhere, haha. I was laughing one moment then the show did a great job of rubbing in the fact that it was truly a serious moment. It happened MULTIPLE times. I can't wait for more.

Oh, and P.S. I really, really like Rui now after all the development she's had. I feel sorry about her one-sided feelings though.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 22:46   Link #204
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Yeah, after watching the sub: the show is in overdrive now. Fantastic.

I can't wait for the next episode to watch the reactions.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-06, 23:02   Link #205
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
- Good instincts on Chiaki, when he said Nodame was "running away". She was trying to bind him to her with something other than music (not a very good plan, considering his personality). He didn't do so good in his reaction, but, well, flight is understandable, in the circumstances.
At that point, Nodame had basically given up hope of ever relating to Chiaki as a musical equal, so she went into "wife" mode and was trying to relate to him that way. Not a good idea.

Quote:
- Since when are they physical? The way they've built their relationship is so weird, it's hard to tell.
It's never actually been said, but if I had to guess, I'd say sometime after Nodame's Mozart recital. It's been three years now just since they went to Paris, so it would have been shocking to discover that things hadn't reached that point, really.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 04:31   Link #206
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
It seemed that Rui wasn't really happy at the end of her concerto as impressive as it was. If Nodame does such a concert with Stresemann won't she have similar feelings?
She's merely disappointed Chiaki is already taken. Aren't we all?

What a twist! Go Milch! *throws up horns too*
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 06:00   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
And...just musing:

Spoiler:
She seems to have had a lot of fun during the concert. She was sad afterwards but not because she wasn't satisfied with her perfomance, it's because that concert and all the time spend working with Chiaki made her realize she's in love with him (it's been obvious for a while), and that he doesn't and likely never will share those feelings. "It's all over now. Being in love is a lot of fun, but it's a bit painful"

Pink magic circle aside, the final scene with Stresemann was very powerful with Faust opera in the background. Stresemann was just amazing here, his voice actor did a great job.

Also, I'm really glad Chiaki realized he reacted like a jerk to Nodame's proposal. For a moment I thought he'd rush to her to explain himself but nope... in the end it worked out for the best I guess. Can't wait to see what Milch has in store !
Old 2010-03-07, 07:42   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Also, I'm really glad Chiaki realized he reacted like a jerk to Nodame's proposal.
Eh. I think it was her just desserts, after all those times she claimed to be his wife. Like the boy who cried wolf.
Old 2010-03-07, 08:18   Link #209
Tubby

Guess it's no coincidence now why Nodame calls Auclair-sensei "Yoda" after seeing Lord Milch offering her cookies to join the dark side.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 08:24   Link #210
mokuseimaru

Maybe I'm the only one who's a bit confused, but...is Stressman trying to seduce Nodame literally or just seduce her into performing a concert or something with him? Reason tells me it must be the latter, but you would think that it wouldn't be such a big deal for her to do so. Chiaki would probably support it, wouldn't he? Or is it sort of a mix of the two, like he's saying, "Transfer your dream of performing with a full orchestra onto me...and later you will transfer certain other dreams onto me as well." Seems kind of low, even for Stressman, considering that he's been mostly pretty sympathetic so far. I'm...tempted to peak into the manga, but I'll resist. For now.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 08:48   Link #211
hai_san

Very good episode.

Just 1 thing the opera song bgm when Milchi seals his contract with Nodame, does it has any special meaning because i find it kind of weird and out of place.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 08:52   Link #212
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

NO !!! Nodame !! Don't fall under his evil spell.. DON'T DO IT !!!
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 08:54   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Just 1 thing the opera song bgm when Milchi seals his contract with Nodame, does it has any special meaning because i find it kind of weird and out of place.
Personally i found that it made the scene quite powerful. Guess it can't please everyone.
Old 2010-03-07, 10:19   Link #214
Tubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Very good episode.

Just read some posts above. As already mentioned, it's the Faust opera and it has a very special meaning

to quote the wikipedia artikel about Faust:

The story concerns the fate of Faust Nodame in his her quest for the true essence of life music. Frustrated with learning and the limits to his her knowledge and power, (s)he attracts the attention of the Devil (represented by Mephistopheles Milch eh Streseman), who agrees to serve Faust Nodame until the moment (s)he attains the zenith of human happiness, at which point Mephistopheles Lord Sith Streseman may take his her soul. Faust Nodame is pleased with the deal, as (s)he believes the moment will never come.

Though last sentence may not be true.

Edit:THIS beautiful theme would also be a fitting as BGM, however it may be a "bit" out of place.
Just tried it and wow, works perfectly. Let the music fade in as he activates the magic circle.

Last edited by Tubby; 2010-03-07 at 10:50.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 13:26   Link #215
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Okay, I admit it. I gave in to temptation. I went over to the dark side. Must be Stresemann's fault.

I found some manga summaries online and read through them. I was curious about what Nodame and Stresemann were going to perform (it's not my first guess, but it's one of the ones I considered), but more importantly, I wanted to see where we were in the story. The pacing is what's been throwing me off. Are there really only 11 episodes in this series? Because if they're going all the way to the manga conclusion, they've got a lot of living to do in just three more episodes.

Spoiler for manga:
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 13:45   Link #216
Dop
Mmmm....

It's Mahou Ero-oyaji Milky! Brilliant!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 07:52   Link #217
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb Ah......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
She's merely disappointed Chiaki is already taken. Aren't we all?

What a twist! Go Milch! *throws up horns too*
Well Chiaki isn't taken in the way she thinks. He's always been taken.

His love?

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-08, 07:56   Link #218
aliensporebomb

Lightbulb Yes!

I thought there were 12 episodes total so the pace will be fierce here running up to the end. Sigh.

In other news, I hear the live theatrical movies with the TV show characters will be subbed by Sars but only after their theatrical run is completed and after they are released on bluray disc in stores so as to not take any potential revenue away from the primary area where these are being shown. It appears the next movie will be out in early April.

The anime will be over by then so it will be interesting to see if the pacing will be as rushed in the four hour finale.

Thinking about Stresemann's thoughts here:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-08, 18:31   Link #219
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At this point, his career doesn't need a boost. And he's not so interested in Nodame (that way) that he'd jeopardize his relationship with Chiaki just to sleep with her. Heck, even with Chiaki out of the picture, he ain't that dirty.

I doubt he's put that much forethought into it anyway.
Old 2010-03-08, 23:10   Link #220
Joojoobees

Quote:
At this point, his career doesn't need a boost.
I completely agree. He is extremely well respected. He might think it is fun, or just that Nodame deserves the chance to show the world what she can do.

Quote:
Heck, even with Chiaki out of the picture, he ain't that dirty.
Well, I don't know if I would go that far...
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina