AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 13:15   Link #8481
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
No It doesn't make it so the two people have the same stats like bookmaker does, it removes luck. As in completely removes luck. That's why Zenkichi said I want to beat Medaka without luck or or a Miracle and why it's described as an ability that nullfies coincidence not an ability that creates an enterly fair and random coincidence.

The pages I've linked make that obvious. Aijimu speaks in won'ts and never, she doesn't at all say unlikely as those things could very well still happen, if normal luck played a part. Unless their are major translation errors in that page...
Ajimu's use of "never" reflects the fact that those are things which happen to a Main Character...while Devil Style inherently negates the concept of a "Main Character". It's not a fact that things like "bumping into a girl in the hallway" will never happen to Zenkichi again in his life (like, wtf, that'd be crazy); it's simply that such random meaningless events won't conveniently turn out to be things which are "important" to the story (like that girl turning out to be his love interest or something), and as such would never be shown.

Saying that Devil Style negates "Luck" or "Coincidence" in the way you've been using it simply takes it way too far...because when you come right down to it, "Coincidence" (or "Luck") can describe every single thing which has happened or will ever happen in the entire world. The meaning of coincidence is co-incidence as in "two (or more) things happening at the same time". If you're saying no "incidences" can ever happen together anymore, that would basically be the end/complete negation of all of reality.

Rather, it's obvious Ajimu was talking about a certain kind of coincidences--narrative coincidences, the kind of unrealistic bullshit that comes up when people make up a story. The things which you could never realistically expect in real life but accept in fiction because "hey, he's the main character". The things which, if you thought about it, are obviously too farfetched to happen in real life but which the author uses to force a certain "meaning" or "direction" into a story. Those are the only things "Devil Style" removes from around Zenkichi.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:16   Link #8482
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
How much longer until we colonise the moon? Or Mars?
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:17   Link #8483
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
The world is full of all types of annoying people.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:20   Link #8484
FFXFan13

Quote:
The world is full of all types of annoying people.
Annoying individuals are fine, they can be ignored, annoying groups on the other hand...
Old 2012-05-01, 13:22   Link #8485
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Ajimu's use of "never" reflects the fact that those are things which happen to a Main Character...while Devil Style inherently negates the concept of a "Main Character". It's not a fact that things like "bumping into a girl in the hallway" will never happen to Zenkichi again in his life (like, wtf, that'd be crazy); it's simply that such random meaningless events won't conveniently turn out to be things which are "important" to the story (like that girl turning out to be his love interest or something), and as such would never be shown.

Saying that Devil Style negates "Luck" or "Coincidence" in the way you've been using it simply takes it way too far...because when you come right down to it, "Coincidence" (or "Luck") can describe every single thing which has happened or will ever happen in the entire world. The meaning of coincidence is co-incidence as in "two (or more) things happening at the same time". If you're saying no "incidences" can ever happen together anymore, that would basically be the end/complete negation of all of reality.

Rather, it's obvious Ajimu was talking about a certain kind of coincidences--narrative coincidences, the kind of unrealistic bullshit that comes up when people make up a story. The things which you could never realistically expect in real life but accept in fiction because "hey, he's the main character". The things which, if you thought about it, are obviously too farfetched to happen in real life but which the author uses to force a certain "meaning" or "direction" into a story. Those are the only things "Devil Style" removes from around Zenkichi.
That's basically entirely your interpretation which is fine. Going by the words stated it implied what I said we'll see which way the story goes.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:24   Link #8486
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Annoying individuals are fine, they can be ignored, annoying groups on the other hand...
Meh annoyance is a relative thing, while it's not fun when it happens to you and you can't do anything. It's still pretty hilarious in general when it's not you especially when it's purposeful.

Old 2012-05-01, 13:25   Link #8487
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
some of those groups are trolls anyway but it is still hard to ignore them however.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:26   Link #8488
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:

Ah...you just made my day...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:27   Link #8489
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Ah...you just made my day...
I know right, when I saw that I just burst out laughing had to find some reason to share it.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:28   Link #8490
FFXFan13

Quote:
Meh annoyance is a relative thing, while it's not fun when it happens to you and you can't do anything. It's still pretty hilarious in general when it's not you especially when it's purposeful.

I know I should be responding to your comment but... How the hell is she doing that without seriously hurting her back!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
some of those groups are trolls anyway but it is still hard to ignore them however.
10 annoying voices are harder to drown out then a single one.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:36   Link #8491
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Can we please stop talking about Zenkichi's supposed harem? It's seriously beginning to get on my nerves, and as rude as I tend to be normally, which isn't intentional by the way, when I start getting annoyed I start getting deliberately rude, and offensive and I'd very much like to avoid that if I can help that.
Eh? So, which one you don't want to talked about? Harem or simply Zen's harem? Because it seems you're fine talking about Kumagama's harem but when it comes to Zen you say the otherwise. Well, if you're fine with talking harem and just simply don't like others talking Zen's harem then please stop being a hypocrite.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:42   Link #8492
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Eh? So, which one you don't want to talked about? Harem or simply Zen's harem? Because it seems you're fine talking about Kumagama's harem but when it comes to Zen you say the otherwise. Well, if you're fine with talking harem and just simply don't like others talking Zen's harem then please stop being a hypocrite.
...Everyone in the world is a hypocrite to some degree, and I won't bother lying by saying I'm not. But still, there are plenty of other topics that could be discussed in the latest chapter, rather then "Ohy my god, Zen's got a harem and it's expanding".

I mean, does anybody know how Katana girl was able to cut a ship in half with her sword? Is her abnormality/Minus the ability to manipulate wind, to create an invisible extension to her sword? And how was it able cut through the ship in the first place?

And is she suicidal, since, she apparently doesn't have an escape plan, and just sank the ship she's standing on.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:07   Link #8493
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
...Everyone in the world is a hypocrite to some degree, and I won't bother lying by saying I'm not. But still, there are plenty of other topics that could be discussed in the latest chapter, rather then "Ohy my god, Zen's got a harem and it's expanding".

I mean, does anybody know how Katana girl was able to cut a ship in half with her sword? Is her abnormality/Minus the ability to manipulate wind, to create an invisible extension to her sword? And how was it able cut through the ship in the first place?

And is she suicidal, since, she apparently doesn't have an escape plan, and just sank the ship she's standing on.
Just want to point out that...just because something can be discussed, doesn't mean people will drop a subject to discuss the other.

If you wanted to talk about those things then why not post them before? Start by pointing them out and the discussion will naturally flow.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:09   Link #8494
Xiyon

Quote:

...I was listening to Marshmallow Justice when I saw this, and now I can't stop laughing XD She moves to the trumpets well o/

Quote:
Can we please stop talking about Zenkichi's supposed harem? It's seriously beginning to get on my nerves, and as rude as I tend to be normally, which isn't intentional by the way, when I start getting annoyed I start getting deliberately rude, and offensive and I'd very much like to avoid that if I can help that.
Ignore us. Trust me; I'm pretty sure people here feel the same way about characters they don't like (and I'm no exception..). Just ignore and move along; it's our opinions and we're not forcing them on you ^_^;

Quote:
Actually your misinterpreating Devil style, it doesn't simply it doesn't simply revert the world back to real word probablity, it nullfies all coincidence. Meaning it's It's physically impossible for you to pick two red balls in a row. It doesn't reduce luck it removes it full stop. That's why it reality warps. It's completely fair, luck isn't a factor at all. That's what Aijimu means that you won't come up with battle plan at the end of a battle. That's why Aijimu said you will never come across a rival in a pinch. Normal luck their would there's still a chance regardless how small.

http://www.mangareader.net/medaka-box/138/20
http://www.mangareader.net/medaka-box/138/19

That's why Devil style creates an entirely fair match luck, doesn't factor at all. It constantly manipulates reality to prevent coincidences, all fiction selectively chooses removes cause. Neither are the natural states and and both actively reality warp.
Re-reading, re-reading o_-... It still sounds like my fate vs causality spiel argument, except just replace 'fate' with 'coincidence' xD;; Or, as Sol aptly put, 'narrative fate'. Hurm...should have thought of that term

Regardless, it still means Zenkichi can't injure Kumagawa, while the latter has free reign to do whatever he wants. I wouldn't say the match is entirely fair; Zenkichi's still a 'normal', and he'd be up against er...'mutants', I guess. Bookmaker would be leveling the playing field, though.

There's no fairer match than against yourself.

I'm all in favor of seeing if there is a feasible way of beating All Fiction, though. iirc, Medaka entered Perses Mode to beat it (or was that bookmaker, back in middle school?); Zenkichi doesn't have that luxury (or ability!).

Quote:
True but it doesn't prevent purposeful panty shots. We still have Naze's love of stripping young girls.
This would also mean, if Zenkichi does score any pantyshots, it'll be the panties being removed in favor of more involving matters :B
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:11   Link #8495
FFXFan13

Quote:
If you wanted to talk about those things then why not post them before? Start by pointing them out and the discussion will naturally flow.
Common sense escapes me when I get agitated, sorry.

Anyway, I wasn't paying attention to everyone's location but, how did the girl (I can't remember her name) manage to cut the ship in half, from end to end? I mean, how did she cut what was behind her? Was she just that close to the edge of the ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Ignore us. Trust me; I'm pretty sure people here feel the same way about characters they don't like (and I'm no exception..). Just ignore and move along; it's our opinions and we're not forcing them on you ^_^;
Rather difficult to ignore what seems to be the majority of the thread, and the main discussion.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:13   Link #8496
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Common sense escapes me when I get agitated, sorry.

Anyway, I wasn't paying attention to everyone's location but, how did the girl (I can't remember her name) manage to cut the ship in half, from end to end? I mean, how did she cut what was behind her? Was she just that close to the edge of the ship?
Odly enough, the one or two pictures we have of the whole ship after it was cut just shows half the ship cut...then again the Titanic face/palmed an iceberg and ended up in half as well...
Old 2012-05-01, 14:14   Link #8497
FFXFan13

Quote:
Odly enough, the one or two pictures we have of the whole ship after it was cut just shows half the ship cut...then again the Titanic face/palmed an iceberg and ended up in half as well...
Yeah, but it split up the side, where the iceberg had hit, not straight down the middle.

Which I suppose means that, the reason the ship split right down the middle, would be due to the weight of the ship falling apart. What I don't understand is, how it fell in on it's self, when logically, it should have fallen outwards.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:18   Link #8498
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
...I was listening to Marshmallow Justice when I saw this, and now I can't stop laughing XD She moves to the trumpets well o/

Re-reading, re-reading o_-... It still sounds like my fate vs causality spiel argument, except just replace 'fate' with 'coincidence' xD;; Or, as Sol aptly put, 'narrative fate'. Hurm...should have thought of that term

Regardless, it still means Zenkichi can't injure Kumagawa, while the latter has free reign to do whatever he wants. I wouldn't say the match is entirely fair; Zenkichi's still a 'normal', and he'd be up against er...'mutants', I guess. Bookmaker would be leveling the playing field, though.

There's no fairer match than against yourself.

I'm all in favor of seeing if there is a feasible way of beating All Fiction, though. iirc, Medaka entered Perses Mode to beat it (or was that bookmaker, back in middle school?); Zenkichi doesn't have that luxury (or ability!).

This would also mean, if Zenkichi does score any pantyshots, it'll be the panties being removed in favor of more involving matters :B
Medaka never fought All fiction, that was Bookmaker both times.

Also your missing the point of fair, but their is a way to actually a logic way to defeat Kumagawa, not sure if it'll ever be used. Kumagawa can't reverse All fiction meaning if he uses it onherself when he's fine he's fucked. The issue would be to use it on himself when he's fine.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:18   Link #8499
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Yeah, but it split up the side, where the iceberg had hit, not straight down the middle.
Stop bringing logic into these discussions...makes them harder
Old 2012-05-01, 14:21   Link #8500
FFXFan13

Quote:
Stop bringing logic into these discussions...makes them harder
...I thought discussions were supposed to be logical?

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council