AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-27, 06:57   Link #5941
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Aluminum + Salt: by measuring weight and volume, calculate how it differs from the expected mass (the way they checked for gold purity in the olden days)
All kinds of water: weight, then destill and weight again, maybe check whats left after destilling, if you are only interested in minerals... or feed it into a multi million dollar spectrograph
Vingar: Is that even a substance? I'd assume this is a mixture of water, acetic acid and some other things
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 07:12   Link #5942
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Ahh right, weight. Damn, why did I not think of that.

Err...I'm not exactly sure what Vinegar is either. Okay you're right, it's Acetic Acid and water.
Old 2012-06-29, 20:54   Link #5943
Rizare

What is exactly being smart?
People often say that I'm smart because of my high grades in school. However, I remember reading from a book that being intelligent is about how you're actively seeking completely new challenges and and solve them instead of just continuing being comfortable with what you already know. I know that I'm certainly not that smart with the decisions I have made in life. I feel that just learning something and know the information isn't exactly about being intelligent.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 01:02   Link #5944
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
What is exactly being smart?
People often say that I'm smart because of my high grades in school. However, I remember reading from a book that being intelligent is about how you're actively seeking completely new challenges and and solve them instead of just continuing being comfortable with what you already know. I know that I'm certainly not that smart with the decisions I have made in life. I feel that just learning something and know the information isn't exactly about being intelligent.
I recommend the following forum threads:In short, "intelligence" is one of those concepts that is harder to pin down than many would at first think. When we think of an intelligent person, we typically imagine someone who is academically brilliant, but that is merely one form of intelligence. Cognitive ability and learning capacity also count as aspects of genius.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 06:28   Link #5945
HasuMasu
*Artist

How do you add a contact on Facebook knowing only their e-mail?
Old 2012-06-30, 06:44   Link #5946
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
How do you add a contact on Facebook knowing only their e-mail?
You could type the email add at the search right?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 07:37   Link #5947
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Does that really work? I tried but nothing happened.

EDIT: Okay nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2012-06-30 at 07:49.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 08:49   Link #5948
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ Does that really work? I tried but nothing happened.

EDIT: Okay nevermind, I figured it out.
the person might have the setting to allow finding via email disabled if you can't see it .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:08   Link #5949
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Since I wasn't sure if this question fits the Tech Support...
So I want to upload a JAVA applet on Blogger.
From what it seems, in order to do so, I have to store it in a codebase.

So I was wondering, does anyone know a codebase that can be used for free?
Also, so all I have to do is copy and put my code in that codebase and link to it through the applet tag, right?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 11:45   Link #5950
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Since I wasn't sure if this question fits the Tech Support...
So I want to upload a JAVA applet on Blogger.
From what it seems, in order to do so, I have to store it in a codebase.

So I was wondering, does anyone know a codebase that can be used for free?
Also, so all I have to do is copy and put my code in that codebase and link to it through the applet tag, right?
You mean, like, Sourceforge?
Old 2012-07-02, 12:28   Link #5951
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I recommend the following forum threads:In short, "intelligence" is one of those concepts that is harder to pin down than many would at first think. When we think of an intelligent person, we typically imagine someone who is academically brilliant, but that is merely one form of intelligence. Cognitive ability and learning capacity also count as aspects of genius.
Ingenuity is in everyone. It is how you make use of it.

Those who are smart at arguing become lawyers.
Those who are smart at talking up to others become salesmen.
Those who are smart at telling white lies (or at least before they turn black) to placate others become politicians.
Those who are smart at writing become authors, their smart-at-rewriting counterparts become journalists.
Those who are smart at irritating people - they become comedians.

One who is smart at everything probably amounts to being nothing - the dumb persons in the world are probably those that knows and understands but doesn't have a plan to execute.

The only way to find out how smart you are is to do it. "It" can be anything - you just need a "want" to do something.

So are the smartest people driven by what they know, or what they want to do?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 20:02   Link #5952
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

The short-and-sweet way to say it:

Intelligence refers to one's ability to acquire and apply information. It may also include the ability to store and recall said information.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 02:01   Link #5953
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Has anyone here taken the CCNA exam before? Any suggestions on the best way to study for it?

Thank you!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-03, 04:59   Link #5954
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Has anyone here taken the CCNA exam before? Any suggestions on the best way to study for it?

Thank you!

I did a search on the internet, and seems that the best way to study for it, is to download the CCNA practice exam and training on it.

There are also sites that help you with videos.

But, you know, i'm not suited to give suggestion for study

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-07-03 at 05:17.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 08:45   Link #5955
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I did a search on the internet, and seems that the best way to study for it, is to download the CCNA practice exam and training on it.

There are also sites that help you with videos.

But, you know, i'm not suited to give suggestion for study
Maybe I should rephrase my question.

The CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) is a pretty interesting qualification to have, though I am not sure if the exam touches on the theoretical topics or the simple concepts of Network Admin (which is dry as crap and any TDH can know) or the practical framework of it (which can be quite messy - for anyone here who has done Network/Security admin before). I don't have alot of time to study for it, neither do I have the money to fork out for the course; only the exam.

Many major companies use Cisco network systems just like the way many banks use COBOL as mainframe or programming language, despite its age - following the concept of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I am thinking of taking this up so I can move to the path of "freelancer" instead of being tied down to just one industry (management) my entire life.

Does any tech here recommend any prerequisites? Or just go take the exam?

Old 2012-07-03, 09:24   Link #5956
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you've got a study book for the CCNA, that's all you will need. I'd say a self-taught admin might be able to take the test "blind" but it has a ton of Cisco-specific terms, jargon, and assumptions in it. Half the time when I was studying for it, I'd be reading along thinking "what new goblin is this idea?" and suddenly realized it was a standard concept that had been "Cisco-jargonized".
Old 2012-07-03, 09:31   Link #5957
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If you've got a study book for the CCNA, that's all you will need. I'd say a self-taught admin might be able to take the test "blind" but it has a ton of Cisco-specific terms, jargon, and assumptions in it. Half the time when I was studying for it, I'd be reading along thinking "what new goblin is this idea?" and suddenly realized it was a standard concept that had been "Cisco-jargonized".
But what about the practical segments? Are there any lab segments in the test?

Old 2012-07-03, 09:37   Link #5958
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
But what about the practical segments? Are there any lab segments in the test?
Err, when I took it there were not any "hands on" segments. That was back in the mid-1990s though. The test I took had concept questions and scenario questions (which were as specific as a lab test might be, including providing the specific commands you'd type in).

Are there any learning centers where you could take a night course focused on the CCNA? (community college, institute, etc)
I've had a couple of people recommend this place (http://www.internetworktraining.com/labs.aspx) though I haven't validated it my self. It has some cost but might be worth exploring.
Old 2012-07-03, 09:41   Link #5959
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Err, when I took it there were not any "hands on" segments. That was back in the mid-1990s though. The test I took had concept questions and scenario questions (which were as specific as a lab test might be, including providing the specific commands you'd type in).
You said about "just needing the study guides". Is there a specific publisher I should take or those free e-books are enough?

Old 2012-07-03, 09:48   Link #5960
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
You said about "just needing the study guides". Is there a specific publisher I should take or those free e-books are enough?
I'd actually recommend purchasing the official guides with their cdrom tests - this one is considered to be a necessary fixture in anyone's cubical:

http://www.amazon.com/CCNA-Cisco-Cer.../dp/0782126472

Tags
problem, q&a, serious