AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-14, 12:56   Link #221
scineram

She was really great in Busou Shinki and Fräulein und Panzer as well.
Old 2013-02-14, 20:54   Link #222
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She sort of stole the scenes she was in in Girls und Panzer, "chewing the scenery" I think it is called. And she only sounds like Haruhi once in the whole thing...when she raises her voice to yell at her crew to "shut up". The total villinous breakdown was great.
Old 2013-03-18, 21:15   Link #223
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
To show I'm not entirely pessimistic, here's a ray of hope.

Just now, Kadokawa's CEO, Shinichirou Inoue, replied to a random fan's tweet to him. Here's the conversation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by preview13
I await Haruhi's second season being animated.
Tweet

Inoue replied as such:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoue
There was already a second season [animated]. Don't you mean third season?
Tweet

For the CEO of Kadokawa to reply to someone's random tweet to him and specifically bring up a possible S3 in conjunction to the new artbook, 10th anniversary, and other signs that have been popping up, start to add up to me.

I'll be honest. At some point in the last few months, I had lost hope we'd see more of this series animated. I couldn't say that because I know people would over-react if I said something. But now my hope has been renewed. I really think we'll see something soon. It may not be animated by KyoAni, but I think we'll see Haruhi in some anime form soon.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-19, 00:30   Link #224
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I guess that makes the 2009 episodes part of the second season officially (rather than the first season plus extras).
Old 2013-03-19, 11:35   Link #225
Ragecry

Funny, CEO just broke my logic that Season 2 was actually some kind of fix to the holes of the first Season.

Oh well, anyone has the day when Tamako Market last episode airs? I still keep my bet that at the end of Tamako Market, a new Haruhi announcement comes
Old 2013-03-27, 02:53   Link #226
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

yessss. I am hype.
Old 2013-03-27, 05:44   Link #227
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecry View Post
Funny, CEO just broke my logic that Season 2 was actually some kind of fix to the holes of the first Season.
It's just labels, those 2009 episodes were intended to patch the continuity and narrative holes up regardless of what they're called.

If we really wanted to be pedantic then this third season would technically be the 4th animated installment.

2006 episodes > 2009 episodes > Disappearance movie > w/e is next

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-03-29, 12:25   Link #228
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
It's just labels, those 2009 episodes were intended to patch the continuity and narrative holes up regardless of what they're called.

If we really wanted to be pedantic then this third season would technically be the 4th animated installment.

2006 episodes > 2009 episodes > Disappearance movie > w/e is next
But no one would ever call a movie a season.
Old 2013-03-29, 17:30   Link #229
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Given that Tamako Market ended with the announcement of a second season of Chuunibyou, and given how long its been since Haruhi last had an anime installment, I'm prepared to think that Haruhi might really be done as an anime franchise.

I've come to terms with that, as disappointing as it is.

So let me just say that the Haruhi anime franchise was a blast, and lots of fun to watch and talk about, while it lasted. This forum is one that I will always have fond memories of, as I have a lot of lasting memories (and friends) that arose out of E8 debates more than anything else, ironically. Dr. Casey and Kogetsu Shirogane are two big examples of that.

Haruhi herself will likely remain amongst my Top 10 anime characters of all-time, and I definitely do miss seeing her in anime format. But ah well, it was nice while it lasted.
Old 2013-03-29, 18:46   Link #230
Ragecry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given that Tamako Market ended with the announcement of a second season of Chuunibyou
Life for me has come to a grey end.
Old 2013-03-29, 19:41   Link #231
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Given that Tamako Market ended with the announcement of a second season of Chuunibyou
And what else would you expect from the Pony Canyon/TBS timeslot? They're not going to advertise a Kadokawa show coming up (which Haruhi is). The previous announcements following Pony Canyon/TBS shows were Kanon, Clannad, After Story, K-On! The Movie, Tamako Market, and now Chuunibyou. They all happen to be TBS/Pony Canyon productions. Kadokawa shows were announced through Newtype, The Sneaker, Comptiqs, and Shounen Ace, all magazines (with the exception of Hyouka, which was also announced after KyoAni announced it on their website). It's not how one of their shows would be announced.

Feel free to say it's been too long, but just because they announced a Pony Canyon/TBS show following a Pony Canyon/TBS show doesn't mean anything in regards to Kadokawa productions.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-29, 19:50   Link #232
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
And what else would you expect from the Pony Canyon/TBS timeslot? They're not going to advertise a Kadokawa show coming up (which Haruhi is). The previous announcements following Pony Canyon/TBS shows were Kanon, Clannad, After Story, K-On! The Movie, Tamako Market, and now Chuunibyou. They all happen to be TBS/Pony Canyon productions. Kadokawa shows were announced through Newtype, The Sneaker, Comptiqs, and Shounen Ace, all magazines (with the exception of Hyouka, which was also announced after KyoAni announced it on their website). It's not how one of their shows would be announced.

Feel free to say it's been too long, but just because they announced a Pony Canyon/TBS show following a Pony Canyon/TBS show doesn't mean anything in regards to Kadokawa productions.
I probably should have been more clear... The placement of the Chuunibyou announcement is not the issue for me. It's the fact that, as we know, KyoAni typically does 2, maybe 3, projects a year. With Tamako Market finishing in 2013, and more Chuunibyou coming up later this year, that might be it for 2013. Which is fine.

Since 2013 was the 10th Anniversary of Haruhi, IIRC, I was holding out some faint hope that this might be the year we get more of it. And I guess that's still somewhat possible (Fall 2013, perhaps), and if it happens, great.

But I honestly want to sort of "move on" from wanting more Haruhi all the time. If we get more of it one day, great, awesome. But if we don't... so be it. I guess I'm trying to give myself a greater sense of closure.

It's fine if you yourself hold out more hope than I do. May your hope be rewarded.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:16   Link #233
brocko

^ It's barely reached 4 months into the year. There's still another 2/3's of 2013 left. And we still don't even know when or what the this Chuuni thing even is yet. But whatever helps pass the time better I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But no one would ever call a movie a season.
Which is why I used the term 'installment' instead?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2013-03-29 at 21:54.
Old 2013-03-30, 11:50   Link #234
Tranhieu

Quote:
I probably should have been more clear... The placement of the Chuunibyou announcement is not the issue for me. It's the fact that, as we know, KyoAni typically does 2, maybe 3, projects a year. With Tamako Market finishing in 2013, and more Chuunibyou coming up later this year, that might be it for 2013. Which is fine.
So how many 2013 projects of Kyoani that have been revealed so far besides Tamako Market which just finished airing?

Though I have to admit with Chuunibyou coming in either Autumn or Winter (can they make it by Summer?) the chance that we'll get to see Haruhi again is pretty slim.
Old 2013-03-30, 15:07   Link #235
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering the next subject material, a Winter anime suits it best.
Old 2013-03-31, 09:12   Link #236
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
So how many 2013 projects of Kyoani that have been revealed so far besides Tamako Market which just finished airing?
None. Just the promise of more Chuunibyou in some form with no date attached.
Old 2013-04-03, 07:27   Link #237
Tranhieu

Anyone heard of this? Not sure how this's gonna affect our chance of getting to see Haruhi again but it seems to me Kyoani doesn't have have any plan for her in the near future (?)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-in-the-works
Old 2013-04-03, 11:59   Link #238
Ragecry

Basing my hopes on Wikipedia (I'll regret this):

Light Novels
Original run June 6, 2003 – ongoing

Manga
Original run November 2005 – ongoing

Those 2 facts, alone, are enough to hope for a new animation.
Be it in 2013, '14, '15.. As long as Tanigawa is still writing the series and there's still manga adaption, there is material for anime adaption. KyoAni just seems to be focusing on some different shows for now.

Hell, they'll be damned if no more anime adaption comes out. There's SO much story to cover. The novels sell well, the merchandise sells well.. If it sells, why not making an adaption? I read somewhere that Kadokawa has interest in adapting more to anime. Just seems KyoAni doesn't want to.

Conclusion
Who knows, we either see Haruhi in anime form in the next few years by KyoAni, or another studio comes up and snatches the gold.
Old 2013-04-03, 22:05   Link #239
ijuinkun

True on the "so much story to cover" front. By my reckoning, the remaining pre-Dissociation material would fill a 14-episode block, and Dissociation/Surprise would fill another, which means that they're only halfway done with just the material that's already out.

On a slightly different tack, the manga is already diving into Dissociation, so there is a decent chance that it will overtake the novels. If so, then I hope that we can see some decent story arcs rather than only one-shot fillers. Not that the one-shot stories so far haven't been decent (e.g. the early Mikuru one "Knowing You, Knowing Me" is a nice call-forward to "The Melancholy of Mikuru", and I did like the depiction of the autumn sports festival), but I'd hate to see them becoming the only new stories coming out.
Old 2013-04-03, 22:08   Link #240
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I can see pre Dissociation being one season. and dissociation and surprised being Trilogy

Closed Thread