AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 00:58   Link #101
HandofFate

The girl character designs aren't really distinctive, have a hard time keep track of who's who and what country they're suppose to be.

I don't know a single thing about guns, but I do like having whatever certain quirks a kind of gun has being turned into personality traits.
Even though I don't understand most of the gun jokes or metaphors or double meanings, I laughed at the imagery.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:20   Link #102
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
The girl character designs aren't really distinctive, have a hard time keep track of who's who and what country they're suppose to be.

I don't know a single thing about guns, but I do like having whatever certain quirks a kind of gun has being turned into personality traits.
Even though I don't understand most of the gun jokes or metaphors or double meanings, I laughed at the imagery.
Yea you aren't the only one who feels that way. I think the anime just failed to properly translate a lot of the original mangas traits...in other words maybe you'll have a easier time getting introduced to this series if you read the manga.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:25   Link #103
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
First thing to come in mind when watching this was, "Oh god! That's some FAT LEGS! Not on Third Strike Chun Li level but still!"

And honestly, I don't know what's supposed to make it stand out other than "Well they are anthromorphized guns!" Without that element, it appears to me as rather forgettable. And even with that, It's hard for me to care for them.
Old 2012-04-14, 13:28   Link #104
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 01

Aha, this series seems like the perfect fit for the lolitron. It's not a crime, right fella's? To fall in love with a gun, they sure aren't jailbait that's for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yeah, I find that very much difficult to get used to. I thought this was anime, where the girls have massive amounts of hair and colors to put a rainbow to shame, but these 4 Upotte girls have practically just 2 shades of a color type between them. Several times already I mistook the Britain girl for the USA girl, these girls have hair no longer than the nape of their neck.... to be dead honest I always thought the American girl would have "big ones" you know.... though that's probably my fault having been poisoned by Strike Witches *cough*

Here's something that confuses me to no end: what is the deal with my fellow countrymen and women having an eyepatch? I've never seen anyone in Germany with an eyepatch, and I would have found it unbelievable if I hadn't had my eye blinded out a few days ago (heck right now I'm the only one I know of from Germany with an eyepatch), but what is the story about that, that these girls from Germany got to have an eyepatch? I'm just going to go off the top of my head in recent times, ja: There's Laura Bodewig, and then just 2 seasons ago there was that Margit Eberbach, and how about that Soryu Asuka langely oh sorry I mean Asuka Shikinami, and then this teacher in Upotte...... I used to laugh at my country being portrayed as warmongers in Anime, but warmongers w/ an eyepatch? That's one club I never thought I'd join....

My confused state of mind aside, I wish we got to see that thong butt.... silly shadows... but I guess that's the science of it. The sun don't shine in the shade, huh.

Oh heck forget those kiddies, I'm in this series for the oneesan's!

THOSE LEGS Loli where, I'm hot for oneesan!

Ahem speaking of them, I noticed their hair are longer than the loli's.....EVEN THEN, I was able to distinguish the oneesans. Take that, thong butt girl!

Mindless question, but.... if these loli's are assault rifles.... what would a pistol be? *hides*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:53   Link #105
ookamigirl

Girls on a little private mission ^^
It was fun watching them run around all serious.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 15:03   Link #106
chaos_animagic

This series unites Gun and Loli lovers (and partly oneesan lover) LOL

So... which "Guns" are you guys rooting for? LOL....

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

BTW... in the beginning... the "Shooting Game"

Spoiler for ME RAGE ABOUT SCAM:

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2012-04-14 at 15:24.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:07   Link #107
Spat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Exactly my thoughts!
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:38   Link #108
HandofFate

no idea what was really going on in episode 2...i mean i kind of do, but it was so boring to me.

what happens if one of them gets hit by a stray bullet instead of the balloon? Thought the teacher was gonna be a main character, but he barely showed up here.
Old 2012-04-14, 21:36   Link #109
ZeKeR
Superbad

episode 2....

also, SiG.... I didnt know you were built for extreme cold. Thinking of you saying hi from the peak of Jungfrau to the Monch would be something

also, oh G3, u so funny with that weird position for recoil

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2012-04-14 at 22:00.
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:36   Link #110
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
LOL for the entire episode 2, especially for the teacher. Poor guy.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:39   Link #111
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*BROFIST*

I actually don't care much for the main 4 weapons at all, but M14, G3 and FAL were all weapons I liked even before they got sexified

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 04:43   Link #112
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

So who is going to pay for all the damages from that little mission?
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 05:03   Link #113
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Same....screw assault rifles, battle rifles FTW

G3 pwns everyone else.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:01   Link #114
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*BROFIST*

I actually don't care much for the main 4 weapons at all, but M14, G3 and FAL were all weapons I liked even before they got sexified
Same here, they were are the weapons I tend to want to use in most FPS.

But here they really are the best especially G3

Still even tho this is about guns and girls, I'm still not exactly thrilled with the series, really needs to get to the better stuff later on.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:39   Link #115
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW....anyone here actually tried out G3's long range auto shooting stance?
Old 2012-04-15, 11:13   Link #116
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW....anyone here actually tried out G3's long range auto shooting stance?
I don't know about G3A3, but I tried full automatic mode on AK47 and AKM, they recoiled like hell, so IMO, G3A3 is impossible to handle it in full automatic mode.
Old 2012-04-15, 11:27   Link #117
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
I don't know about G3A3, but I tried full automatic mode on AK47 and AKM, they recoiled like hell, so IMO, G3A3 is impossible to handle it in full automatic mode.
No, no I mean supporting with the feet on bipod....Using that to actually produced long range aimed shots on auto. I doubt it'll actually work though....

Of course unless you are really strong 7.62mm caliber unsupported and on full auto is no joke....After all, FN MAG was my secondary weapon not too long ago...
Old 2012-04-15, 11:37   Link #118
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No, no I mean supporting with the feet on bipod....Using that to actually produced long range aimed shots on auto. I doubt it'll actually work though....

Of course unless you are really strong 7.62mm caliber unsupported and on full auto is no joke....After all, FN MAG was my secondary weapon not too long ago...
I tried the G3A3 once, and the stock hurt my shoulder from the full auto. AKM (I strongly believed that I used a type 2 original since the stamped hammer and sickle and some cyrillic was there) full auto was just silly. tried the gangsta aim and still lulz'd. 7.62x39... y u so crazy?

still... 7.62x51 NATO has that high stopping power that you need yet trolls with the recoil.

say Cosmic, did you try that on the MAG? those MGs have standard issue bipods... right?
Old 2012-04-15, 11:49   Link #119
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I tried the G3A3 once, and the stock hurt my shoulder from the full auto. AKM (I strongly believed that I used a type 2 original since the stamped hammer and sickle and some cyrillic was there) full auto was just silly. tried the gangsta aim and still lulz'd. 7.62x39... y u so crazy?

still... 7.62x51 NATO has that high stopping power that you need yet trolls with the recoil.

say Cosmic, did you try that on the MAG? those MGs have standard issue bipods... right?
Yes....but that was before I watched this show and the idea didn't occur to me then....I did do long range aimed shots with it but that was on single shot....It was more of a "use MG as a sniper rifle" urge really...
Old 2012-04-15, 13:11   Link #120
freshoutofthepan

You know, since the girls are actually guns with human attributes, I wonder if they actually have to drink break free oil for lubrication or pull a cleaning rod through themselves with flannelette, or...

..okay nevermind, I'm thinking too much....
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, shounen