AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 00:45   Link #261
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, I never said I'd quit either. I'm only watching it at this point for the girls alone, lol. Especially in hopes of seeing Uchida reveal her entire face.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 01:29   Link #262
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Kazuya reminds me of Junichi from Amagami SS during the Sae arc: A guy with a lot of power over a girl, and the girl practically begging the main character to exploit her.
But unlike Amagami SS, there's no out of place narrator to help diffuse the WTF atmosphere.

Quote:
The end of summer.
Its lingering heat.
The scent of chlorine from my sister's swimsuit wafts over my face as the wind blows.
*sucks the drip of water that falls to his lips*
... ... Sure, why not.

I promise to watch this show until the very end!
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 02:03   Link #263
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

The big difference is, though, that Junichi didn't come off as a "creep" to me during Sae's Arc.

Junichi definitely came off as a bit more obviously perverted than the other arcs (and felt a bit cornier with the narrator, lol), but he didn't come off as a hypocrite in that respect either. It came off as more normal to me and didn't make me think less of him because of that. It's not like he blackmailed Sae into doing anything with/for him or anything or try to take advantage of her innocent and shy nature. and despite his occasional perverted moments (that rarely ever went further than blushing and looks, which is surprising considering what he did with Haruka and Kaoru, lol), Junichi never got off-track on his promised goal of helping Sae.

Junichi sincerely encouraged and supported Sae and that's what naturally drew her to him. In fact, IIRC, SHE was the one to really initiate the relationship between them and not him (which also goes to show how his instruction actually did pay off by giving her enough confidence to do so). He actually held himself back because he knew they weren't in any sort of actual relationship; he was just Miya's big brother helping one of her (attractive) friends.
Old 2013-04-30, 02:34   Link #264
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I think just about the only thing interesting going on in Episode 4 is that Uchida revealed an eye, and a mole.

Endless "Illicit entry" Soul
that, and the preview shown at the end. I almost dropped this last episode but at least there's a promise that things will be a little more interesting next time.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 03:02   Link #265
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I stopped watching until the series finishes, then i'll rush through it in one go. It's too painful to watch it weekly at this point.
Old 2013-04-30, 05:07   Link #266
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
The big difference is, though, that Junichi didn't come off as a "creep" to me during Sae's Arc.

Junichi definitely came off as a bit more obviously perverted than the other arcs (and felt a bit cornier with the narrator, lol), but he didn't come off as a hypocrite in that respect either. It came off as more normal to me and didn't make me think less of him because of that. It's not like he blackmailed Sae into doing anything with/for him or anything or try to take advantage of her innocent and shy nature. and despite his occasional perverted moments (that rarely ever went further than blushing and looks, which is surprising considering what he did with Haruka and Kaoru, lol), Junichi never got off-track on his promised goal of helping Sae.

Junichi sincerely encouraged and supported Sae and that's what naturally drew her to him. In fact, IIRC, SHE was the one to really initiate the relationship between them and not him (which also goes to show how his instruction actually did pay off by giving her enough confidence to do so). He actually held himself back because he knew they weren't in any sort of actual relationship; he was just Miya's big brother helping one of her (attractive) friends.
Well, the whole Junichi x Sae situation feeds on the whole teacher-student falls in love fantasy...minus the age difference (which makes it alright!).
Junichi may not have come off as a "creep" (not my words ), but the situation felt a little disturbing (in my opinion, and just a little) due to this power trip.
I'd say the power trip was more for us viewers than for Junichi, whereas in this show's case, the power trip is equally on Kazuya and us viewers which is why this is more "creepier" than Amagami SS.
Quite honestly, I haven't quite found the word I'm looking on describing how I feel about this show .

To expand on what Setsuna Asuka said, it's not blackmail if she asks for it and enjoys it.
I'm not really saying this is a problem, but it's got a lot more adult undertones than I expected.
Old 2013-04-30, 05:34   Link #267
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
To expand on what Setsuna Asuka said, it's not blackmail if she asks for it and enjoys it.
I'm not really saying this is a problem, but it's got a lot more adult undertones than I expected.
Sounds like a fallacy to me.

So if a guy thinks a woman looks attractive intentionally to invite him over, it's fine if he forces himself on her, and it won't be rape or sexual harassment as long as she enjoys it in the end?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 06:54   Link #268
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Sounds like a fallacy to me.

So if a guy thinks a woman looks attractive intentionally to invite him over, it's fine if he forces himself on her, and it won't be rape or sexual harassment as long as she enjoys it in the end?
I'm not denying the situation is messed up, but it hasn't gone that dark.
The fact that the Student Council President spells out for him on how to blackmail her in full detail, then gets angry at him for actually having a proper idea on how to blackmail her, you know there is something wrong here.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:22   Link #269
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Even if she wants it, Maeda still isn't doing it right.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:34   Link #270
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
IAnd I still can't believe how can people think something like this. Where you get this idea? Just because he browses all pictures he took on his PC? Do you also think Kanon (not referring to you, of course, but Kazuya's little sister ) steals Kazuya's pants and fap to it since from the same episode she seems to be a brocon?
I was joking

My understanding was that he had her do his homework because he wanted more time to prepare for the exhibit. Apparently, it was different in the game. In the end, it doesn't matter what his reasons were: blackmailing is wrong. He's even using the photos he promised not to show anybody to blackmail her now. That's incredibly low. If I were Muroto, I would be hating him will all my heart. And yet it's probably the reverse that's going to happen.
Old 2013-04-30, 22:08   Link #271
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I have no idea whats going on the last episode seem more like a last episode then the 4th
Old 2013-05-01, 05:52   Link #272
Aesthetic Shampoo

It did indeed. I'm hoping the show got cancelled because it's so bad
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 06:21   Link #273
Katai2013

this anime is ... embarrassing hahaha ( sorry 4 my eng, i'm ITA )

that is, I dont saw him without many pretensions, but this anime is really boring to me. Does not stand for anything to compare with Amagami. The only way that could save it is a rise exponentially of the ecchi XD
Old 2013-05-01, 07:03   Link #274
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katai2013 View Post
this anime is ... embarrassing hahaha ( sorry 4 my eng, i'm ITA )

that is, I dont saw him without many pretensions, but this anime is really boring to me. Does not stand for anything to compare with Amagami. The only way that could save it is a rise exponentially of the ecchi XD
This anime need more romance and intimacy... from the looks of it... this going no where...

They could have just made it by arc like Amagami.... I'm now watching it for the sake of knowing the ending.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 18:44   Link #275
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Episode 5:

EDIT: Quick side note, but Kanae Itou's singing in the ED sounds very unnatural for some reason.

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-05-03 at 11:43.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 22:45   Link #276
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2013-05-03, 02:21   Link #277
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So as expected, it really focused on Haruka. Though somehow they shift the story to the story L version with the soccer club's ace ask Haruka out (and as the preview shown with the beach scenes) and with the original scenes for most episode here, it makes me think that the 4 episodes that serve as "introduction" is stay true to the game (although omitted some parts) because at that time they want to attract the viewers so they buy the upcoming Photo Kano Kiss game back then and the new player won't feel alienate when they played the game. But now the said game has been released for a week, they have more room to improvise and make change.

But I have to say, the change isn't look good so far. First, why Uchida of all people send text to Haruka? Even Kazuya, her childhood friend, doesn't even has her number! (it stupid though, no matter how distant they are right now, shouldn't they at least have each other's number, being still on the same school and everything? ) Kanon, her senpai from tennis club, Katsumi, and Mai I can understand why they cheer Haruka sending a text. Katsumi is looked up by everyone from the girls sport club, Mai knows Kanon since she introduces Haruka to her (on the game anyway, Haruka and Kanon is still close unlike Kazuya), and even with Rina, since on the game most of main heroines usually hang around on Rina's Cooking Club's room sometimes, but Uchida?

If any, Uchida should have cheer Kazuya instead. You know, as fellow Photography Club member and since she also saw when Kazuya is gossiped by the 3 girls. It also feels weird when the second half is focused on how other characters cheer Haruka instead, when it should be Kazuya as the main character the viewers have focused on to see how he copes with his feeling and summons his courage to be better and face Haruka.

From the preview, with the Photography Club members already wear the non-summer uniform, next episode could be the end of Haruka route. Unless they want to make more original story or maybe adapt story from Photo Kano Kiss. But if they do want to focus on other heroines after Haruka story ends, I can't see how they do it unless they reset the time to after episode 4 ends, especially with the talks between Haruka and Nonoka this episode that implies Nonoka is already give up. If it's going to be like that, then we only have 1 episode for each remaining 6 (main) heroines. If you think Kazuya and Haruka development is too fast, then I can't imagine how they play those remaining episodes for other heroines right This really should be a 2-cour omnibus >,<
Old 2013-05-03, 03:27   Link #278
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm surprised that I even bothered to give this series a chance at all (if you know me, you know series like this aren't my thing). I accidentally watched episode 4 first, and then saw epis 1-3. I saw epi 5 just moments ago.

It is an odd anime. A lot of Kazuya's narration seems like its just repeating and paraphrasing itself, the plot could have a little body to it (there isn't as much going on as they try to make it seem), and the pacing is strange. I also fail to understand a lot of his actions... Not to mention that neither the males or the females are really put in the best light. All guys other than Kazuya are filthy, pervy individuals (egotistical jerks in the case of the ace of the soccer team?) and most of the girls are annoying boobie fodder with shallow/clueless personalities? I'm intentionally exaggerating, but the characters are oddly written to say the very least.

Why am I still watching it, though? It's not something I can easily answer. Perhaps it's simply because I find the designs cute? Or maybe it's because I just wanted something light-hearted to treat as a 'break show' in-between viewings of episodes of more serious series. It's probably some weird combination of all of those. Or rather, I can sum my feelings up as, "It's not great but it's not horrible, either."

And it's just 'not horrible' enough for me to continue to hold some sort of flickering interest in it and its weird cast of characters.
Old 2013-05-03, 03:34   Link #279
YourIdeas

Episodes 1-4 is just a basic introduction to all of the girls with Haruka being the main girl, hence episode 5. With episode 5, I think it becomes more clear why Haruka is willing to be Kazuya's secret slut and outside of this, I actually like her characer, but the portrayal of most other characters is just strange, I agree.

I think the main reason I'm bothering to watch is that I want to figure out how they're going to end the series. Most signs point to a Haruka-route but with only 7 episodes to go and 6 more girls who need their routes covered, who knows.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 03:35   Link #280
novalysis

Why am I cheering when Haruka socks the MC? Maybe because the first four episodes made him almost as dislikable, as say... Makoto from School Days?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high school, romance