AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-10-03, 15:46   Link #621
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine

いな☆こい! (Ina☆koi!)
Played the demo and loved it! Excellent art and overall production, especially the OP~ (< grab it here >) The basis of the story looks like your standard school life scenario, but with a bit of an twist involving goddesses (kitsunemimi <3). Sudden cohabitation with a goddess? Only in bishoujo games! ( ´ー`)b
Any relation to Utawarerumono? Because that blue haired girl looks a lot like Eruruu or Aruruu, heh.

Well, I might try the demo.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 19:55   Link #622
donthuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarOfMayo
Ohhhh yeah same for me Pianoissmo is just something that drew me in so well. And yeah... something about ending the demo on a gorey cliffhanger was making me go huh?

PIANISSIMO.....

MUSIC:8/10 (Litte wing's Jazz really not bad)

GRAPH:7/10 (not bad,but カルタグラ's "color" is better than pianissimo)

Vocal: 9/10

Character acts :8/10 (KUON chan relly moe, HAa HAa)

STORY: 4/10 (this is the only problem...sigh)
donthuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 21:10   Link #623
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
Any relation to Utawarerumono? Because that blue haired girl looks a lot like Eruruu or Aruruu, heh.

Well, I might try the demo.
There is no connection to Utawarerumono (besides being too moe~)

Sarasa! <3
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 22:31   Link #624
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarOfMayo
Yes... I await ef too ;-; so well done. I remember I read a review that actually... complained that due to the approach taken, they basically bonked the CG mode from the game lol. Pretty sure its not available in the trial right?
There still are event CGs, but they may not be as noticeable since minori went to great lengths to make every scene look like an unique event. And since the characters are still animated (eye/mouth movement) even during these special CG events, you might not realize you're looking at an "event CG" at all.

(Event "CGs"?)

Also, there is a "memories" option in the main menu, but it's not selectable.

For what it's worth, all the game mags that did coverages on the game listed it as having a CG mode, so who knows, maybe -the first tale- will have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthuang
PIANISSIMO.....

STORY: 4/10 (this is the only problem...sigh)
I hear the writing gets really dry near the end. I'll keep my expectations low and hope for the best.

Speaking of which, I still don't have it yet. 遅いぞ Canadian customs.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 22:52   Link #625
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Sushi, where did you learn your japanese?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 00:20   Link #626
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
There still are event CGs, but they may not be as noticeable since minori went to great lengths to make every scene look like an unique event. And since the characters are still animated (eye/mouth movement) even during these special CG events, you might not realize you're looking at an "event CG" at all.
Also, there is a "memories" option in the main menu, but it's not selectable.

For what it's worth, all the game mags that did coverages on the game listed it as having a CG mode, so who knows, maybe -the first tale- will have it.

I hear the writing gets really dry near the end. I'll keep my expectations low and hope for the best.

Yea... darn need to see -ef- myself to get a better idea looks sooo good though...

Yea... Only demo play on pianoismo here too... Trying to get it, but gonna take time... mmmm I sorta agree about the story...
Spoiler for well if you played demo its ok:
And yes.. Kuon is so moe
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 08:28   Link #627
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I was randomly browsing Getchu when I found this:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=326065

Looks like some sort of Circus fandisk with some of their characters? I can recognize the Da Capo 1 & 2 girls... anyone care to verify?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 11:02   Link #628
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen
I was randomly browsing Getchu when I found this:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=326065

Looks like some sort of Circus fandisk with some of their characters? I can recognize the Da Capo 1 & 2 girls... anyone care to verify?
That's the new fandisc coming out on 12/22. There's four different mini scenarios to play through for the most popular characters from their games.

Yume and Otome from DCII
Kotori from DCI
Sae from Kujiura
Yomi from Sukumizu 2

*reads through the synopsis* And yes, there's more ero content ^^;;
Old 2006-10-05, 20:34   Link #629
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Canvas2 DVD Edition was just released yesterday ^^ Tomoko fans rejoice! *dances*

F&C really love milking their franchises >.>, still this one I can't pass up on since Tomoko is now a main heroine (she was introduced in the anime only) Her illustrations are absolutely cute~!

Takeuchi also makes her debut too~

Old 2006-10-06, 08:45   Link #630
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hm, just sort of throwing this around, but is anybody else also playing Tenku no Sinfonia 1, or 2? Just got it and it seems to be great, though I've heard a lot of people say that the differences in difficulty between the two is huge.

Also managed to get Relict 1 and 2. Wow, I'm gonna be busy with eroges with SRPG style combat. XD
Old 2006-10-07, 03:49   Link #631
Mpy

-------------------
Mpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 03:51   Link #632
Mpy

I'm sorry. :P
Mpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 20:44   Link #633
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Hurrah, more interesting posts by Sushi and Cloudnine. That ef game looks gorgeous >_>

Anyway, just a couple of questions for those of you here who have played Prism Ark through (which appears to be a few at least) and feel like answering... how many battles are there actually? Just curious how much it focuses on them or if they're just an occasional side thing. After getting hold of the second OP on DivX Stage 6 (the song is love, btw), and hearing more and more good things about it I'm reeeally starting to want it now >_> Also, how's the writing in terms of complexity between 'not that difficult' and 'kanji chains of doom'?

Finally, anyone know if the Amazon JP listed cover (not worksafe) for the regular edition... well, is the cover for the regular edition? Cus that's so blatant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Sushi, where did you learn your japanese?
http://z4.invisionfree.com/aquastar/...showtopic=2188 may or may not help you. Just goes to show visual novels can be a pretty good learning aid The lead translator of the Higurashi chapter 7 translation patch apparently learnt quite a bit through Air too.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 21:00   Link #634
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Hurrah, more interesting posts by Sushi and Cloudnine. That ef game looks gorgeous >_>

Anyway, just a couple of questions for those of you here who have played Prism Ark through (which appears to be a few at least) and feel like answering... how many battles are there actually? Just curious how much it focuses on them or if they're just an occasional side thing. After getting hold of the second OP on DivX Stage 6 (the song is love, btw), and hearing more and more good things about it I'm reeeally starting to want it now >_> Also, how's the writing in terms of complexity between 'not that difficult' and 'kanji chains of doom'?
http://irorin.x0.to/erogame/gamek/prismarkk.html

That's the walkthrough. Scroll down. Do you see those hyperlinks? Those are links to mini-sections that, I believe, give you hints how to beat the corresponding battles. From the number of links you can get a general idea how many battles there are.

And the writing complexity isn't difficult.

Do note that the last chapters of each character have little to no choices; you're set on that character's main story path. Doesn't mean they're short.
Old 2006-10-08, 16:33   Link #635
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Finally, anyone know if the Amazon JP listed cover (not worksafe) for the regular edition... well, is the cover for the regular edition? Cus that's so blatant
Lol, yes that's the cover for the standard DVD edition that was just released recently. I've seen the cover at a nearby shop and it looks really beautiful in person. (<3 the art... a poster version would be nice~ ^^)

The original limited edition had a less revealing cover.

Old 2006-10-08, 21:05   Link #636
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
http://irorin.x0.to/erogame/gamek/prismarkk.html

That's the walkthrough. Scroll down. Do you see those hyperlinks? Those are links to mini-sections that, I believe, give you hints how to beat the corresponding battles. From the number of links you can get a general idea how many battles there are.

And the writing complexity isn't difficult.

Do note that the last chapters of each character have little to no choices; you're set on that character's main story path. Doesn't mean they're short.
Rightyho, thanks That's quite a few more than I expected actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Lol, yes that's the cover for the standard DVD edition that was just released recently. I've seen the cover at a nearby shop and it looks really beautiful in person. (<3 the art... a poster version would be nice~ ^^)

The original limited edition had a less revealing cover.
Well, the limited edition's also going for quite a bit on Yahoo Japan, so I don't think it's quite worth it >_> The standard one's growing on me though, mainly because I reeeally like the art style, particularly all the soft shades. Thanks The internet wouldn't give me an answer either way, sofmap has the LE one listed instead. I'd love to be able to just walk in a shop and check like that xP

Still, after playing about with one or two of the chapter demos (including the two battle ones where I got owned but had fun while being owned... ) I think this'll be next on my 'to buy' list. Oh Natwest, why are you so slow at issuing credit cards?

Last edited by Varion; 2006-10-08 at 21:22.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 17:24   Link #637
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Well, let's see... I guess I'll just dump my game comments here this time.

==============
Katahane (カタハネ) (11/22/06)

Probably like many others, I was drawn to this game by Fue-san's art. The drawings are refined and neat, it makes them really a pleasure to look at.

Now then, the game is, I suppose, what you would call a "group drama", almost like a play. In other words, the player's view isn't restricted to one single "protagonist", instead, the viewpoint shifts from character to character as the story progresses along, much like a play.

The story is split into two major portions, Shirohane (シロハネ) and Kurohane (クロハネ). Shirohane makes up the majority of the game, taking place in "present time" while Kurohane tells of a historical tale that happened "in the past" (relative to Shirohane).

In Shirohane, the story revolves around Wakaba and her friends on a journey to find actors who would act in a play that Wakaba's in the middle of writing. The play is based on a famous historical tragedy called "Angel's Guidance". However, in Wakaba's hands, the play was completely rewritten to have a happy ending. Despite the play being incomplete and modified silly, Wakaba still managed to find some people who are willing to act in her play. The story of Shirohane focuses on Wakaba's quest to recruit enough actors for her play, and to successfully carry her play out.

Kurohane, on the other hand, is tale of the past that tells of a tragic story of a princess and those around her. Kurohane is the historical truth behind the tale of "Angel's Guidance", and the event that Wakaba's play will be based on.

Tarte (the game's creator) was generous (bold?) enough to release the entirely of Kurohane (total of 11 chapters) on their website as their trial version. And this is what this post will be mostly about.

The story of Kurohane itself is very much like a play, the premise is quite simple, and the development, although nicely done, can be predictable (not to say there weren't surprises though). The stage and cast is limited, which isn't really a problem if you think of Kurohane as a theatrical play.

I won't go into details about the plot, but to quickly describe it, it's a story that takes place in the country of White, where Coco, a doll from the country of Blue, and Efa, a doll from the country of Red, arrived to assist Christina, the princess of the country of White, in a theatrical play called "Angel's Wing Flap".
However, little did anyone know at the time that there are certain forces from Red and Blue conspiring to use this play as a chance to create conflict between the 3 nations, and to ultimately spark a war...

Character-wise, I'm pretty satisified with how they're portrayed. Christina is very much a stereotypical princess, you could say her innocent selfishness is part of the cause for the tragedy.

Efa is, well, kawaii~ A national treasure from the country of Red, Efa is a highly sophisticated doll lent to the country of White for the upcoming play.

Coco is absolutely adorable. Although she's not a high-class doll like Efa, her personality will melt your heart. ^^ I loved her in every single scene.

Dua and Ein is a great pair together. To be honest, their development was probably the biggest tragedy for me in Kurohane, especially considering Dua was my favorite character in Kurohane.

Like I said earlier, the story can be a little predictable at times, but only in terms of "what", not "how": you know what's going to happen next, but you have no idea how it'll affect the story. For some, this "scripted play" feel is still enough to be a turn off, but considering Kurohane is supposed to be a historical drama to begin with, I don't find it to be a problem at all.

The love between Christina and Efa is also another "significant" development in Kurohane. I don't consider myself a yuri fan, but I swear, these two managed to make me totally ballistic.
(>ヮ<) kyaa~~

The music was, in one word, great. Since Kurohane is a generally dark and serious story, the tracks are mostly a collection of piano and violin arrangements with a classical touch (plus some "battle music" too ^^; ). I'm sure Shirohane, the "main" part of the game, will feature even more upbeat tracks.

Well, I think that's enough screenshots. Voice is not included in the downloadable Kurohane (which would probably make the file size huge), but the final game will be fully voiced (male+female cast).

It's also quite fun to read through the list of characters in Shirohane and Kurohane just for their profiles.
My current favorite is Silvia-neesan (Shirohane) (guess who's playing Dua? ^^; )

Oh yeah, this is an eroge, apparantly.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 10:41   Link #638
DaFool
Resident devil

So is it a kinetic novel?
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 12:14   Link #639
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

btw, if you haven't noticed, I don't play that much ero-games as I used to nowadays... I guess I'm just getting too old. The point has come where I have over a hundred ero-games that I haven't played yet stacked right next to my computer, which (if I bought it at the actual retail price, which I never do) amounts to over 880,000 yen. Reality has finally hit upon me that for the same price, I could've gone to Guam, Saipan, Hawaii, and Tahiti, AND still have money left over. ...And realizing that, I decided to sell these games to a used game store for 1/4~1/2 the price (I was actually surprised some would actually take it for 5,000 yen for the premium, but) and recuperated 65% of the money that I wasted. Lesson learned, I'm gonna use that to go to Guam.

So, I have taken a break on buying ero-games unless I know it is really great (i.e.: amount of doujin groups doing doujinshis of that ero-game at Comike)

Sure I may see bunch of ef posters in and around Akihabara...but I'm still not tempted to buy it...despite it being drawn by Nanao Naru. Let katatsuki release Sacchin's scenario on their remake of Tsukihime, and I'll definitely buy.

So...what's the next big thing after "Fate" and "Higurashi"? I haven't seen it yet.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 15:46   Link #640
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Fate's coming to PS2 with some new content, isn't it?

What Typemoon's next big thing is...... it's a mystery.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel